IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Karma and Chaos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patricia Varela <ticiavarela wrote: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:34:17 -0300"Patricia Varela" <ticiavarela"Tony OClery" <aocleryFwd: Karma and Chaos Om Tony, I've tried to send this message twice, one via email and another on the web. But it doesn't get posted. And I left the group. Anyway, the response had already been written so here I take the liberty of sending it directly to your personal email address. Be well. Om, Patricia.---------- Forwarded message ----------Patricia Varela <ticiavarelaFeb 5, 2008 7:23 PMRe: Karma and ChaosNisargadatta Om Tony, Please allow me to wander the mind with you and share the understanding, and misunderstandings, of my ignorance. I don't believe god plays dice so the chaos I see in the world I take as a sad picture of my own contribution to the so called reality. Have you ever heard the story of a cow that happened to live near by Ramana and used to go to him for satsanga? Or many other animals that happened to feed Amma in Kerala few years ago when her family would not support her odd behavior? I have heard stories of them both on the subject of animals and they both explained that those animals close to them would get a

human birth on the life to come. If I am not mistaken, Theosophy has the same line of thought so perhaps there is an answer for you there taken that animals closer to our human dramas are said to be next to get human bodies. About your phrase on "teaching the entity", I have the understanding that the soul can never be improved. Therefore any enhancement is also maya which means that it resides in the ego. I was taught that our only work is to remove ignorance instead of gaining wisdom. It's like going to the doctor, he/she can only remove the disease because we are already healthy. Finally, as I believe you have seen, the scriptures account for three types of karma: sanchita, kriyamana and prarabdha. The last one being which is responsible for our current body, family, country and everything else happening at this very birth. It's written that whenever someone realizes the self, atman, then the

only karma left for he or she to bear is prarabdha. The jiva, 'person' for lack of a better word, will be released from sanchita and kriyamana. And this applies to the Hitler type as well. The only detail is that such perturbed being, excuse the judgemental mind, has much yet to deal with the predicate rather than the subject. As Swami Dayananda says "Spirituality comes before the verb and psycology after" (based on "I AM"). So I could see the apparent 'teachings' you mentioned in the Hitler type, but no enlightenment whatsoever. Sages say that more important than understanding others, however, is to understand who we truly are - beyond our psycology and logic. Knowledge of the soul is cognitive. And to close with Nisagardatta's own words: "There is only life, there is nobody who lives a life." They actually match your own: "it never really happened at all." My two

cents Tony. Be well. Om, Patricia. On 2/5/08, Tony OClery> wrote: Novel.All scripts registered with 'Writers Guild of America:East'.http://www.westminstertimefiles.com