IndiaDivine.org

Heros and Gurus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear "old" friend

of course "you" are "right" in so many statements...

but if your knowledge is INNER KNOWLEDGE why do you still look "at the world" instead of enjoying INNER STILLNESS

your "old" brother on the way back home

my words are written out of really knowing what "troubles" both of our Egos...

enjoy LOVE

GD

STILLNES

michael

-

Tony OClery

Monday, January 19, 2009 7:04 PM

Heros and Gurus

Namaste,There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods and gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human powers in the ordinary humans?The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration will be same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.Commoners:...But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to seeCaesar and to rejoice in his triumph.Marullus:Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?What tributaries follow him to Rome,To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,Knew you not of Pompey?..William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body? Why not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.9/1902 - Release 19/01/2009 9.37

" Tony OClery " <aoclery wrote:

> There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods and

> gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?

> It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body? Why

> not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human

> instinct that has to be overcome.

>

Hello Tony, my respects

Would you agree with me that in the realization of Brahman as our

Ultimate Identity are different grades of understanding?

Would you agree that " we " are at different points within that scale of

understanding also?

Would you agree that all the scales of understanding are Brahman anyway?

If you agreed with all of the above, then you should agree that

statements at the relative level may be read only at the relative level.

Need for a guru, worshipping a " personal " God and many other practices

have a place in the whole scheme of things ( " the ten thousand things " ).

Although illusory, they are necessary steeping stones, for some, towards

the Real, which is all-pervading " us " at any moment, anyways.

Yours in Bhagavan,

Mouna

, " Michael Bindel "

<michael.bindel wrote:

>

> Dear " old " friend >

> of course " you " are " right " in so many statements...

>

> but if your knowledge is INNER KNOWLEDGE why do you still look " at

the world " instead of enjoying INNER STILLNESS

>

> your " old " brother on the way back home

>

>

> my words are written out of really knowing what " troubles " both of

our Egos...

>

>

> enjoy LOVE

> GD

> STILLNES

>

>

> michael

Namaste M,

Even Ramana looked at the world, as it is inseparable from

ourselves..Tony

Namaste,

There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods and

gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?

Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human powers

in the ordinary humans?

The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration will

be

same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he

cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.

Commoners:

....But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see

Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.

Marullus:

Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?

What tributaries follow him to Rome,

To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?

You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!

O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,

Knew you not of Pompey?..

William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.

It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body? Why

not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human

instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers Tony

Until one realizes the True Nature of his Self, he is in bondage. He

identifies himself with his physical body and mind though

intellectually he can understand that his real nature is Sat Chit

and Anand Infinite.

When we are lost on our way HOME, we need a Guru who can show us

the right direction.

Until we are able to permanently abide in our Inner Blissful Heart,

we may believe in nonduality but we live in duality. We then need

our Guru's guidance.

When you have intense desire to grow spiritually then the Guru

Himself finds you and comes in your life. And then automatically

sprouts the devotion and love for your Guru in your heart! Even if

you don't want to worship another human form (intellectually!!),

still you can't help it! You're completely helpless and your heart

is full of overpouring devotion.

Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears

of devotion it becomes fertile and the seedling of Jnana sprouts and

grows into a beautiful tree bearing a fruit of Self Realization.

Jnana without the devotion is very dry I think. You need the

heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition.

Indeed I agree that there are those rare great souls who find their

Guru within their own hearts instantly! But for the majority of the

ordinary souls like me external Guru is necessary to finally reach

our Infinite Self/Guru within. Where will be the distinction then

between the external Guru, disciple and Internal Self? All will be

ONE!

In His Service

Purnima

In , " Tony OClery " <aoclery wrote:

>

>

> Namaste,

>

> There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods

and

> gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?

>

> Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human

powers

> in the ordinary humans?

>

> The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration

will be

> same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he

> cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.

>

> Commoners:

> ...But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see

> Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.

> Marullus:

> Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?

> What tributaries follow him to Rome,

> To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?

> You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!

> O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,

> Knew you not of Pompey?..

> William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.

>

> It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body?

Why

> not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human

> instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers >

Dear Sri Purnima,

Thank you for your excellent posting. This part appeals to me most.

" Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears

heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition. "

All best wishes and warm regards,

Alan

But, you know Alan, I would not wish the suffering that I personally went through to finally look for relief that lays behind the veil, on anyone. It has been hard, when you know the only relief is through death, but you can not end your life, reaching into the emptiness through detachment from this world to find the love and peace, ultimately is the only alternative, and in the process you do sort of die. I know, no one on this earth is capable of giving me the love I have needed. I find that behind the veil in the stillness. I just have to call home. Maybe in my case it was desperation not so much devotion at first, but now it is devotion, because I know that is my only source of peace and I am grateful for it. But, we each have our own path. Others probably are not so stubborn so they don't have to have their arm twisted so much. k

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 9:58 PM

Re: Re: Heros and Gurus

Dear Sri Purnima, Thank you for your excellent posting. This part appeals to me most."Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears of devotion it becomes fertile and the seedling of Jnana sprouts and grows into a beautiful tree bearing a fruit of Self Realization. Jnana without the devotion is very dry I think. You need the heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition."All best wishes and warm regards,Alan

Dear Karla,

When we are on the 'path' I believe that we are only given the suffering we can

bear, in just the right amount for our spiritual development.The Divine Wisdom

controlling us, once we have accepted its guidance, knows exactly what to do and

when and how to do it. So we welcome all that comes our way, the so called

'good' and the 'bad' as grace. That is surrender . Self Realisation has never

been easy for any Soul and many have to undergo great austerities to obtain the

Pearl of Great Price, but emerged triumphant in the end.

Light and Love for a change,

Alan

--- On Tue, 20/1/09, karla <docdanes wrote:

karla <docdanes

Tuesday, 20 January, 2009, 4:31 AM

But, you know Alan, I would not wish the suffering that I personally went

through to finally look for relief that lays behind the veil, on anyone.  It has

been hard,  when you know the only relief is through death, but you can not end

your life, reaching into the emptiness through detachment from this world to

find the love and peace, ultimately is the only alternative, and in the process

you do sort of die.  I know, no one on this earth is capable of giving me the

love I have needed.  I find that behind the veil in the stillness. I just have

to call home.  Maybe in my case it was desperation not so much devotion at

first, but now it is devotion, because I know that is my only source of peace

and I am grateful for it. But, we each have our own path.  Others probably are

not so stubborn so they don't have to have their arm twisted so much.  k   

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 9:58 PM

Dear Sri Purnima,

Thank you for your excellent posting. This part appeals to me most.

" Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears

heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition. "

All best wishes and warm regards,

Alan

Alan, you are full of wisdom, and I am glad I have you in my life. God does give us what we need at the right time and so here you are, a teacher and friend to help me along the way. By the way I have decided to be a Hermit, except for work of course, well maybe I have always been a hermit and just didn't realize it. :-).

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:46 PM

Dear Karla,When we are on the 'path' I believe that we are only given the suffering we can bear, in just the right amount for our spiritual development.The Divine Wisdom controlling us, once we have accepted its guidance, knows exactly what to do and when and how to do it. So we welcome all that comes our way, the so called 'good' and the 'bad' as grace. That is surrender . Self Realisation has never been easy for any Soul and many have to undergo great austerities to obtain the Pearl of Great Price, but emerged triumphant in the end.Light and Love for a change,Alan--- On Tue, 20/1/09, karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: Re: Heros and Gurus Date: Tuesday, 20 January, 2009, 4:31 AMBut, you know Alan, I would not wish the suffering that I personally went through to finally look for relief that lays behind the veil, on anyone. It has been hard, when you know the only relief is through death, but you can not end your life, reaching into the emptiness through detachment from this world to find the love and peace, ultimately is the only alternative, and in the process you do sort of die. I know, no one on this earth is capable of giving me the love I have needed. I find that behind the veil in the stillness. I just have to call home. Maybe in my case it was desperation not so much devotion at first, but now it is devotion, because I know that is my only source of peace and I am grateful for it. But, we each have our own path. Others probably are not so stubborn so they don't have to have their arm twisted so much. k - Alan Jacobs Monday, January 19, 2009 9:58 PMRe: Re: Heros and GurusDear Sri Purnima, Thank you for your excellent posting. This part appeals to me most."Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears of devotion it becomes fertile and the seedling of Jnana sprouts and grows into a beautiful tree bearing a fruit of Self Realization. Jnana without the devotion is very dry I think. You need the heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition."All best wishes and warm regards,Alan

Dear karla,

Naturally I will endeavour to assist you if I can.

Love and Light,

Alan--- On Tue, 20/1/09, karla <docdanes wrote:

karla <docdanesRe: Re: Heros and Gurus Date: Tuesday, 20 January, 2009, 5:17 AM

Alan, you are full of wisdom, and I am glad I have you in my life. God does give us what we need at the right time and so here you are, a teacher and friend to help me along the way. By the way I have decided to be a Hermit, except for work of course, well maybe I have always been a hermit and just didn't realize it. :-).

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:46 PM

Dear Karla,When we are on the 'path' I believe that we are only given the suffering we can bear, in just the right amount for our spiritual development. The Divine Wisdom controlling us, once we have accepted its guidance, knows exactly what to do and when and how to do it. So we welcome all that comes our way, the so called 'good' and the 'bad' as grace. That is surrender . Self Realisation has never been easy for any Soul and many have to undergo great austerities to obtain the Pearl of Great Price, but emerged triumphant in the end.Light and Love for a change,Alan--- On Tue, 20/1/09, karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: Re: Heros and GurusTuesday, 20 January, 2009, 4:31 AMBut, you know Alan, I would not wish the suffering that I personally went through to finally look for relief that lays behind the veil, on anyone. It has been hard, when you know the only relief is through death, but you can not end your life, reaching into the emptiness through detachment from this world to find the love and peace, ultimately is the only alternative, and in the process you do sort of die. I know, no one on this earth is capable of giving me the love I have needed. I find that behind the veil in the stillness. I just have to call home. Maybe in my case it was desperation not so much devotion at first, but now it is devotion, because I know that is my only source of peace and I am grateful for it. But, we each have our own path.

Others probably are not so stubborn so they don't have to have their arm twisted so much. k - Alan Jacobs Monday, January 19, 2009 9:58 PMRe: Re: Heros and GurusDear Sri Purnima, Thank you for your excellent posting. This part appeals to me most."Only when your heart cries for Him, and becomes wet with the tears of devotion it becomes fertile and the seedling of Jnana sprouts and grows into a beautiful tree bearing a fruit of Self Realization. Jnana without the devotion is very dry I think. You need the heartfelt devotional wetness for the fruition."All best wishes and warm regards,Alan

Hello That which worships demi-gods is the ego. The ego is not something in man's nature. The ego is an abberration from man's nature. The ego is incapable of worship, the ego can either look up to some one or something or look down on some one or something.

As for the rule of the apees, I will quote Lao Tzu in the Hua Hu Ching # 10

"The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there."

mourad

, "Tony OClery" <aoclery wrote:>> > Namaste,> > There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods and > gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?> > Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human powers > in the ordinary humans?> > The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration will be > same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he > cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.> > Commoners:> ...But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see> Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.> Marullus:> Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?> What tributaries follow him to Rome,> To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?> You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!> O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,> Knew you not of Pompey?..> William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.> > It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body? Why > not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human > instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers Tony>

Dear Mourad

thank you so much for this posting

specially

RULE OF THE APES

michael

-

mourad

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:04 PM

Re: Heros and Gurus

Hello That which worships demi-gods is the ego. The ego is not something in man's nature. The ego is an abberration from man's nature. The ego is incapable of worship, the ego can either look up to some one or something or look down on some one or something.

"The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there."

mourad

, "Tony OClery" <aoclery wrote:>> > Namaste,> > There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-gods and > gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?> > Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human powers > in the ordinary humans?> > The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration will be > same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he > cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.> > Commoners:> ...But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see> Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.> Marullus:> Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?> What tributaries follow him to Rome,> To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?> You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!> O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,> Knew you not of Pompey?..> William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.> > It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body? Why > not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human > instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers Tony>

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1903 - Release 19/01/2009 20.52

, " mourad " <mourad_shamel

wrote:

>

>

> Hello >

> That which worships demi-gods is the ego. The ego is not something

in

> man's nature. The ego is an abberration from man's nature. The ego

is

> incapable of worship, the ego can either look up to some one or

> something or look down on some one or something.

>

> As for the rule of the apees, I will quote Lao Tzu in the Hua Hu

Ching

> # 10

>

> " The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally

fascinated

> by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next,

one

> conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you

> threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go.

Let the

> senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the

> fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching.

And

> then forget that you are there. "

>

>

>

> mourad

>

>

> , " Tony OClery " <aoclery@>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Namaste,

> >

> > There is something in human nature that needs to worship demi-

gods and

> > gurus....Why is that? Is like the rule of apes over their groups?

> >

> > Is it a lack of personal confidence that we invest super human

powers

> > in the ordinary humans?

> >

> > The same people that came and will come to Obama's inauguration

will

> be

> > same people clamouring for his demise in four or eight years if he

> > cannot deliver on their perhaps unrealistic expectations of him.

> >

> > Commoners:

> > ...But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see

> > Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.

> > Marullus:

> > Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?

> > What tributaries follow him to Rome,

> > To grace in captive bonds his chariot-wheels?

> > You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!

> > O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,

> > Knew you not of Pompey?..

> > William Shakespeare - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar - Act I.

> >

> > It is the same for a need for a guru, why? worship a human body?

Why

> > not turn within to the Self/Guru within. It apparently is a human

> > instinct that has to be overcome.............Cheers > >

>Namaste,

Yes so it must be the proto ego in the monkey and ape clans that

worship the leader of the tribe then........Which apparently comes

down to us as well.........Tony

Of course I have to throw my two cents in, for a Hermit, I do write a lot. My social life and I don't have to leave my environment. I think a person who has reached a certain level of development, does give off an energy, a vibration or something that has a positive effect on the people around them. It may not be worship but a desire to be in the presence of a Guru and respect for that person for what he had to offer those who sought his help.

-

mourad

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:04 AM

mourad

, " karla " <docdanes wrote:

>

> Of course I have to throw my two cents in, for a Hermit, I do write

a lot. My social life and I don't have to leave my environment. I

think a person who has reached a certain level of development, does

give off an energy, a vibration or something that has a positive

effect on the people around them. It may not be worship but a desire

to be in the presence of a Guru and respect for that person for what

he had to offer those who sought his help.

Namaste Karla,

But this is all within illusion, and delusion. It is a delusion in

the first place to think that another person can be ultimately

different from you...that is dualism.-the basis of all religions.

Being in the aura of somebody else doesn't cut it----one has to cut

it oneself. At the level of the animal and human animal the Guru and

having Darshan are fine and par for the course...No matter how much

an energy is given off from a person, it really is coming from within

oneself,,,,and the feeling doesn't last as we all know....

I may sound negative to some but it is just neti neti --not thism not

this...It is may sadhan to deny everything that is manifest as being

real.

Devotion or Bhakti is fine but only those that have realised are

Bhaktas the rest are caught in emotion,,,,and results in becoming a

dweller of Brahmaloka so to speak not realisatin---due to the duality.

I only talk like this on forums that are dedicated to the great non

dualists as per Ramana..........Cheers Tony

I am of the opinion that you speak from ignorance. Yes, this is an illusion, but it is a very real illusion to most and full of emotion and life experiences. While we walk on this earth it is necessary to deal with the problems that confront us. If we understand that the real reality is behind the veil, it is easier to approach life without the emotions of fear, anger, self gratification etc. We can connect with the love and peace and walk through the hardships of this life knowing this is temporary and not really that important. That we are not alone, and we will be taken care of. Your thoughts are scattered. Dualism, Illusion, the bases of all religions. I try not to judge religions too much. For most, religion helps to form the initial understanding of right from wrong and an understanding that we are not alone. Maybe not worrying so much with what is going on with everyone else, you can devote more time to looking inside of yourself for a better understanding of what is going on in the world around you. Others frequently reflect back to you what you are yourself. You see in the world around you what maybe a defect in yourself. I know I am being a little harsh. But, I really think some time quieting your mind would help, I sense a little hostility in some of your posts. Try to watch a sunset with a quiet appreciation and joy. Love and Light, and I really mean it. k

-

Tony OClery

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:48 PM

, "karla" <docdanes wrote:>> Of course I have to throw my two cents in, for a Hermit, I do write a lot. My social life and I don't have to leave my environment. I think a person who has reached a certain level of development, does give off an energy, a vibration or something that has a positive effect on the people around them. It may not be worship but a desire to be in the presence of a Guru and respect for that person for what he had to offer those who sought his help. Namaste Karla,But this is all within illusion, and delusion. It is a delusion in the first place to think that another person can be ultimately different from you...that is dualism.-the basis of all religions. Being in the aura of somebody else doesn't cut it----one has to cut it oneself. At the level of the animal and human animal the Guru and having Darshan are fine and par for the course...No matter how much an energy is given off from a person, it really is coming from within oneself,,,,and the feeling doesn't last as we all know....I may sound negative to some but it is just neti neti --not thism not this...It is may sadhan to deny everything that is manifest as being real.Devotion or Bhakti is fine but only those that have realised are Bhaktas the rest are caught in emotion,,,,and results in becoming a dweller of Brahmaloka so to speak not realisatin---due to the duality.I only talk like this on forums that are dedicated to the great non dualists as per Ramana..........Cheers Tony

Dear Tony,

I commend you on your being solidly and deeply rooted in Bhagvan's

teachings of non-duality. In all your postings I can see that you

look at life from a very high standpoint of non-dualism.

For me, I can say that intellectually I know the theory and

philosphy so very well but in the day to day life when ups and downs

come into my way, it is very hard to feel that it is all illusion at

that very moment because the feeler, thinker and doer still exists

though the inquiry into who this individuality is still going on.....

to uncover the UNITY in the diversity!

In His Service,

Purnima

In , " Tony OClery " <aoclery wrote:

>

> , " karla " <docdanes@> wrote:

> >

> > Of course I have to throw my two cents in, for a Hermit, I do

write

> a lot. My social life and I don't have to leave my environment. I

> think a person who has reached a certain level of development,

does

> give off an energy, a vibration or something that has a positive

> effect on the people around them. It may not be worship but a

desire

> to be in the presence of a Guru and respect for that person for

what

> he had to offer those who sought his help.

>

> Namaste Karla,

>

> But this is all within illusion, and delusion. It is a delusion in

> the first place to think that another person can be ultimately

> different from you...that is dualism.-the basis of all religions.

> Being in the aura of somebody else doesn't cut it----one has to

cut

> it oneself. At the level of the animal and human animal the Guru

and

> having Darshan are fine and par for the course...No matter how

much

> an energy is given off from a person, it really is coming from

within

> oneself,,,,and the feeling doesn't last as we all know....

>

> I may sound negative to some but it is just neti neti --not thism

not

> this...It is may sadhan to deny everything that is manifest as

being

> real.

>

> Devotion or Bhakti is fine but only those that have realised are

> Bhaktas the rest are caught in emotion,,,,and results in becoming

a

> dweller of Brahmaloka so to speak not realisatin---due to the

duality.

>

> I only talk like this on forums that are dedicated to the great

non

> dualists as per Ramana..........Cheers >

, " karla " <docdanes wrote:

>

> I am of the opinion that you speak from ignorance. Yes, this is an

illusion, but it is a very real illusion to most and full of emotion

and life experiences. While we walk on this earth it is necessary to

deal with the problems that confront us. If we understand that the

real reality is behind the veil, it is easier to approach life

without the emotions of fear, anger, self gratification etc. We can

connect with the love and peace and walk through the hardships of

this life knowing this is temporary and not really that important.

That we are not alone, and we will be taken care of. Your thoughts

are scattered. Dualism, Illusion, the bases of all religions. I try

not to judge religions too much. For most, religion helps to form

the initial understanding of right from wrong and an understanding

that we are not alone. Maybe not worrying so much with what is going

on with everyone else, you can devote more time to looking inside of

yourself for a better understanding of what is going on in the world

around you. Others frequently reflect back to you what you are

yourself. You see in the world around you what maybe a defect in

yourself. I know I am being a little harsh. But, I really think some

time quieting your mind would help, I sense a little hostility in

some of your posts. Try to watch a sunset with a quiet appreciation

and joy. Love and Light, and I really mean it. k

Namaste,

There is no hostility in my posts that is your perception of my

directness...Truth in the main is always painful to attachments.

Right and wrong can be taught without religion as they were for

millions of years. For as Shakespeare said...there is no right nor

wrong but thinking that makes it so. I actully don't care what people

do as long as they don't scare the horses.

What you express is illusion and really delusion, there is nothing

behind the veil looking out for you. This is the learning process

that anything other than you ie.God, Devas etc are only as real as

you think that you are........

There is nothing going on in the world.

1. We start out life thinking we are making things happen.

2. Next we realise that things are actually happening to us and we

are not making anything happen.

3. The final truth that nothing is happening at all.

May mystics, sufis, and others have burnt at the stake of martyred

for uttering these truths.......Even Jesus was condemned for

blasphemy. Then we have martyrs like Mansour and others.

It is not necessary per se to deal with lifes problems. If you don't

deal with them they will still be there. We have to rise above them

so to speak and let them take care of themselves........

There is nothing truer than the expression 'Ignorance is bliss'..for

rising above knowing is bliss and the final impediment to realisation.

.....Cheers Tony.

, andreas farsatis

<born010405 wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>  

> this morning i had a sincere Satsangh here in tiru

> with Ganeschan,he pointed out how extraordinary compassionate was

>  Sri Ramana, and also said that wisdom and realisation would be

worthless without

> compassion,and that compassion is the very essence

> of true spirituality..

>  

> Does that mean anything to you Tony?

>  

> In His compassion and Grace,

>  

> Sandosham.

>  

Namaste,

Compassion in the end has to be overcome as it is an emotion and a

aspect of the mind. Ramana's compassion was no doubt tolerance as

well. One must remember the body/mind complex of Ramana still had its

karmas to complete. Compassion is not pollyanna emotion, but

recognising that 'All is One' and not doing harm..By realising all is

one the ego is reduced----that is the reason for compassion.

Sometimes compassion can be painful..........It is all delusion to be

overcome anyway.................Tony