Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , " douglasmitch1963 " <douglasmitch1963

wrote:

>

> Nisargadatta supposedly took his stand in the Absolute. This is proclaimed by

him to be a desireless state, free of the bodymind identity. But when he was

confronted with his cancer he said this, " I am not the least interested in this

daily ritual of getting up in the morning, eating and again sleeping and all

this...I have had enough of all that. I do not expect anything from this world.

I am not going to acheive, attain, possess anything, because I am fed up with

that very consciousness out of which the world is created and want to get rid of

this consciousness. " (p.77, The Experience of Nothingness.) Sounds here like he

was still identifying with some " thing " be it the body, or consciousness, or

whatever. Any takers?

Namaste Doug,

Although Niz was realised, the body still functioned on the accrued karmas, and

that can extend to the body/mind as it did with Ramana. His smoking is an

example of something the body didn't get rid of before his realisation---so the

thoughts and feeling are also there.This is also sometimes realised people don't

realise they are realised hahahah...They are not got rid of until the body

drops, and they dissipate as there is no jiva to preserve them..Cheers Tony

Guest guest

" Inspite of my clearly understanding the foregoing, the bodily suffering has to be undergone because of the consciousness. The name of the consciousness is suffering itself. The life of suffering is nearly over. Whatever this principle is, together with the body and consiousness, it is experiencing all the sufferings and knows itself that it is worth millions of dollars, like a keg of gold. This principle, which has understood and realised what the suffering and the consciousness is , is worth millions......".

Consciousness and the Absolute- Final talks of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Tony OClery <aocleryadvaitajnanaSent: Thursday, August 6, 2009 9:06:46 PM Contradictions with NIZ?

Nisargadatta, "douglasmitch1963" <douglasmitch1963@ ...> wrote:>> Nisargadatta supposedly took his stand in the Absolute. This is proclaimed by him to be a desireless state, free of the bodymind identity. But when he was confronted with his cancer he said this,"I am not the least interested in this daily ritual of getting up in the morning, eating and again sleeping and all this...I have had enough of all that. I do not expect anything from this world. I am not going to acheive, attain, possess anything, because I am fed up with that very consciousness out of which the world is created and want to get rid of this consciousness. " (p.77, The Experience of Nothingness. ) Sounds here like he was still identifying with some "thing" be it the body, or consciousness, or whatever. Any

takers?Namaste Doug,Although Niz was realised, the body still functioned on the accrued karmas, and that can extend to the body/mind as it did with Ramana. His smoking is an example of something the body didn't get rid of before his realisation- --so the thoughts and feeling are also there.This is also sometimes realised people don't realise they are realised hahahah...They are not got rid of until the body drops, and they dissipate as there is no jiva to preserve them..Cheers Tony