IndiaDivine.org

Ramana Maharshi about Devotees Rajambal and Meenakshi Ammal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

28th December, 1945.MorningIt seems Echammal passed away at about 2-30 a.m. and the matter was reported to Bhagavan only about 8 a.m. in the hall. The talk naturally was about Echammal and how from 1907 she persevered in offering food to Bhagavan without any break. Bhagavan also remembered three other persons who fed him when he was under the iluppai tree in the Big Temple. One was Dasi Rajambal who, it seems, took a vow that she would not eat before feeding Bhagavan and was feeding him for about two months until he moved away to Gurumoortham. It seems she continued to send food even to Gurumoortham for a day or two. But Bhagavan asked her to discontinue it. It seems this lady died only recently. 

Bhagavan mentioned also Meenakshi Ammal, a Kammala woman, and said, “She was like a rakshasi. She would daily go round the hill and then come and cook and bring food to me. After some time she began assuming control over everybody including Palaniswami. If others brought food, etc., she would give some to me and whatever remained she used to take away with her.†(Bhagavan said, in the afternoon, “Our Nagappa’s mother Ratnamma also used to bring food in those daysâ€). Of food supplied regularly, (Kattalai) as Bhagavan put it, he said, “You don’t know what trouble all such regular supply involves. Those who make it expect some control over you. It also creates some aham in them.

Everyone of them expects you to take something. One would say “I say, serve something with your own handâ€, and then each would serve something. The quantity would become too great. Any number of people bring any number of things, and at all times, and you must take them. Sometimes we used to mix up all things received, milk, food, porridge, etc., and drink it if the resulting mixture was a liquid. ‘Swami-hood’ is very difficult. You cannot realize it. I am speaking from fifty years’ experience. After such experience in Gurumoortham I wanted to avoid it by not remaining in anyone place.â€

Source: Extract from Day by Day with Bhagavan by Sri Devaraja Mudaliar

-- à°“à°‚  నమో  భగవతే  శà±à°°à±€  రమణాయ  

à°ªà±à°°à°¶à°¾à°‚తౠ జలసూతà±à°°à°‚ à°ªà±à°°à±‡à°®à±‡ శాశà±à°µà°¤à°®à±