IndiaDivine.org

FIVE STANZAS TO SRI ARUNACHALA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FIVE STANZAS TO SRI ARUNACHALA

By Sri Bhagavan

Ocean of Nectar , full of Grace , engulfing the Universe in Thy Splendour ! O Arunachala , the Supreme Itself ! Be Thou the Sun and open the lotus of my heart in Bliss !

Oh Arunachala ! In Thee the picture of the universe is formed , has its stay , and is dissolved ; this is the sublime Truth . Thou art the inner Self , Who dancest in the Heart as 'I'. 'Heart' is Thy name , Oh Lord !

He who turns inward with untroubled mind to search where the consciousness of 'I' arises , realizes the Self , and rests in Thee , O Arunachala ! - like a river when it joins the ocean.

Abandoning the outer world , with mind and breath controlled ,to meditate on Thee within , the Yogi, sees Thy Light, Oh Arunachala ! - and finds his delight in Thee .

He who who dedicates his mind to Thee and , seeing Thee , always beholds the universe as Thy figure , he who at all times glorifies Thee and loves Thee as none other than the Self, he is the master without rival , being one with Thee, Oh Arunachala ! - and lost in Thy bliss.

====================================================

The Mountain Path , Jayanti Issue , 2001