IndiaDivine.org

Maharshi-surrender to the real owner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Q. In golden ornaments both the gold and the ornaments seem to be real . The only difference is that the piece of gold does not have the same beauty as the ornament. Likewise , both Brahman and the world appear to be real.

Maharshi :

Whether you keep the gold or the gold ornaments , in both , the basic material is the same. The name given to a form is for everyday activities . If there were a lot of gold ornaments lying around , and if we were to say 'please get the gold' the job could not be done. Similarly , there is only "I" and it is the same in all people , but for worldly activities we cannot say 'please call that "I".' That is why some "I"'s are called 'Ramachandran' and some 'Krishna Lal'. Even so , there is only 'I'.

Q: If the "I" at one place calls the 'I' at some other place 'I', many mistakes will happen.

M. During worldly activity , if your attention is fixed on the fundamental reality , there is no difficulty . But ordinary people forget the reality and take the name alone to be real. The different "I"'s are not real. There is only one 'I'. The separate "I" is like a watchman in a fort . He is like the protector of the body. The real owner in everybody is only the one real 'I'. So , when the separate "I" surrenders to the real "I" , then , [ because the idea of a separate self who 'owns' the body disappears ] , "I" and 'mine' are eliminated . The true

state comes into existence when , after sorting out what belongs to whom , the ego "I" surrenders itself to the real owner.

Q. If such teachings are spread in the world there will be no wars.

M. [ no reply]. from The Power of The Presence David Godman

SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!