IndiaDivine.org

Sadhu Natanananda: On one Vyasapurnima day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sadhu Natanananda:

On one Vyasapurnima day [a festival that is celebrated on the day of the July-August full moon], Ganapati Muni, Kapali Sastri, along with a group of Sanskrit scholars, were walking around the mountain. They stopped off at the ashram to pay their respects to the Maharshi. When they were seated in the old hall they started discussing philosophy in Sanskrit. I was listening to the discussion, and I knew that they were discussing philosophy, but I could not follow the meaning. Because of this my mind began to wander and I became quite agitated, wondering when the day would dawn when I would have the experiences that they were talking about. My longing for these experiences was so intense that I lost all consciousness of the body. I was not sure how long I remained in that state, but suddenly a voice brought back my normal consciousness. All the others had left and only Bhagavn remained in the hall.

"Why are you so dejected?", said the voice. "If you were really unfit to realize the Self in this life, then you could not have come to this place at all. The power that drew you here will make you realize the Self. If not today, it is bound to fulfill its commitment. There is no reason why you should feel dejected."

It was these gracious words that brought me back to life, and peace entered my soul immediately.

~ The Power of The Presence, David Godman vol 1, p. 98