IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavan: Religious observances

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Religious observances

11 The numerous spiritual practices performed by followers of the many religions serve the sole purpose of merging with the Self, which is consciousness, the supreme.

12 Why so many teachings? Direct your attention towards the attainment of the Self, which is pure consciousness.

13 The state of abiding as swarupa, which is the pure and vast true consciousness, is an obligation that should be firmly observed by all the beings in the world.

14 All the various sadhanas of the many religions bow to the jnana-samadhi, abidance in Atma-swarupa, saying, ‘You are our refuge’.

15 The vision of mere being, the Atma-swarupa that shines as a result of the enquiry [‘Who am I?’], is, out of all sacrificial offerings, the foremost and most eminent one.

16 Swadharma [one’s own duty] is abidance in the pure Self only. All other [perceived] duties are worthless.

Question: What am I to do? What is my duty?

Bhagavan: Now you have nothing to do. Enquire ‘Who am I?’ Then, [when you have found out who you are] if there is still duty, it may be done.

Padamalai The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi Recorded by Muruganar David Godman