IndiaDivine.org

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE SRI RAMANAYA

The following words represent in the best possible way what i found to be true for myself.

As they are authentic for me to live accordingly moment by moment is my sadhana.

Instead of wanting to know this and that, seek to know the Self. Ask "Who am I?" instead of asking about hundred other things. What one has to do is simple - to abide as the Self. This is the ultimate truth. This is one's eternal, natural, inherent state.

On account of ignorance we identify ourselves with the not-I. The most subtle of all these identifications is this with the ego. Let us search for the root of the ego. Where from does this pseudo-I arise?

At the end of this quest we shall find that the ego disappears letting the eternal Self shine.

So the best discipline is the inquiry: "Who am I?" This is the greatest Japa, this is the true Pranayama.

The fruit of self-inquiry is the realization that the Self is all and that there is nothing else.

For those who follow this method no other Sadhana is necessary. But even those who adopt the discipline of devotion (bhakti) reach the same goal.

If one surrenders one's ego to either the Guru or G'D, one realizes the Self.

Sri Bhagavan always stressed the one essential truth that was necessary for liberation.

That there is only one Self and nothing but the Self.

Know that and everything else is known. This cannot be repeated too often.....

Doubtless, an intellectual grasp of this fact sets one on the path, but the path once started, mental knowledge must than become actual experience. To know a thing absolutely, not just superficially, one must be that thing, otherwise knowledge is incomplete.

According to Sri Ramana the most precise name of GD is I AM WHO I AM - from the jewish bible. In this two words (Yihiei Yihiei) all the wisdom of Vedanta is included.

I am indebted to the Grace to have found Ramana Maharshi, David Goodman and many others who helped me on my quest

The words above are from TALKS with Sri Ramana Maharshi by Sri Ramana himself, by T.M.P. Mahadevan (Foreword written for the second edition) and Sadhu Arunachala (Major Chadwick) in the introduction.

in Ramana

michael

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'