letters and comments 3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE MAHARSHI

May/June 2001Vol. 11 - No. 3

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma

Letters and Comments

Namaste! I recently read a dialogue with the Master Sri Ramana that described a very simple method to liberation based on the realization that we are ONE with GOD. However, when I did research into the life of the Master, I found a lot of rituals, and still note significant rituals at his Ashram in South India. Have I missed something here, or did the Master promote his simple, direct teachings shortly before his physical death?

- American Seeker

Yes, you missed something.

The Master is seated on the very top of the spiritual mountain. He sees seekers approaching that summit from all sides and by various pathways. He does not discourage anyone from climbing. That is, in fact, what we should be doing; it is the purpose of this human existence. Aspirants may use different aids to help them climb. The aid may be a ritual, may be japa, may be pranayama or disinterested service. Some may take directly to Self-enquiry. He encourages all, as the goal is the same for all-the summit.

We should apply ourselves to the practice of the teachings. That is the essential thing. We must make the mind one-pointed and turn it within. "Know the Self and all is known," he tells. Take up the spiritual practice that appeals to you most. Be sincere and persevere throughout your whole life, if necessary. Everything will become right in the end and success is assured - Editor

!