No doubt Bhagavans Grace is not limited to mere humans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE MAHARSHI

March/April 2002Vol. 12 - No. 2

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma

122nd Jayanti of Sri Ramana Maharshi

"You who wish to celebrate the birthday, seek first whence was your birth. One's true birthday is when he enters That which transcends birth and death - the eternal being"

- Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Ramanasramam

This was a memorable visit to Arunachala-Ramana for me. I performed Giripradakshina on December 29, singing Bhagavan's compositions.

Bhagavan's Jayanti celebrations were grand this year, as ever. They were attended by a very large gathering of devotees. There were special programs of music in the evenings of December 30 and 31. The Ashram wore a festive look with elaborate and artfully-arranged flower decorations. The program began at 4 A. M. on December 31 with Veda parayana. The Tamil parayana took place in the morning and included Ramana Stuti Panchakam, and concludes with "Ramana Sadguru". The puja to Bhagavan was attended by a very large gathering. Bhagavan's Samadhi Hall was full, and many stood for hours outside the hall to witness the puja, a memorable event indeed.

I had a unique experience on Jayanti day, early in the morning.

I was doing pradakshina of Bhagavan's samadhi. There were about twenty devotees doing pradakshina at that time. It was around 5 A. M.

A dog entered the Samadhi Hall from the door on the north side (the well side), near the pradakshina square. It quickly proceeded towards the other side of the hall where there is the door to the Mathrubhuteswara Temple. I presumed that the dog would enter the temple and then go out from there. But what happened took me totally by surprise.

The dog took a right turn, entered the pradakshina corridor, quickly completed a circuit and left the hall from the same door from which it entered before many could notice it.

I was only a few feet away from this special devotee of Bhagavan when I saw this happen.

I did not know whether this special devotee was an Ashram inmate doing his daily pradakshina or a siddha who came in this form to Bhagavan on the Jayanti day.

No doubt, Bhagavan's Grace is not limited to mere humans, but available to all.

- Suryanarayan, I. I. T., Mumbai

Discover Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM more. Check it out!