IndiaDivine.org

A Scientist Becomes A Vedantin, #6

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

If one questions the jnani, who is awake in the Self, he will say that all our ideas about the "I" are wrong. Beyond that, he will remain silent. It is not possible to know the truth of the "I" from one's present state of ignorance. However one can intuit it to some extent. In deep sleep the world, the body that appears in it, the thought 'I am an individual having the form of a body', and God, who is considered to exist apart from oneself - none of these exist. But no one says that he ceases to exist during sleep. From this we come to know that the "I" is not like our present state of individualised existence, but what its real nature is, is not known. Only being the Self is knowing the Self. How is one to abide as the Self? Mind should turn back from the world, which is its own concept, and merge in the Self, its source. This is not an ordinary endeavour. Mind should die and only its true quality, the Self, should be left behind. Only the one who has made his mind die is truly born.

................. to be continued