IndiaDivine.org

My Life and Quest - Arthur Osborne #5

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My mother was also deeply devoted to Bhagavan although hers was more an intuitive devotion: her instinct was sure. When my father was interned in Bangkok at the beginning of the Second World War she had not one single wordfrom him for two years, and then a telegram came from the War Ministry to say that he had been killed. At that time we were staying with our friends the Sharmas in Madras. Mrs. Sharma was terribly upset on my mother's behalf and tried to comfort her. My mother was relatively calm. She kept saying, "don't worry, it is a mistake. If Arthur were dead I would know it. I know he is not dead. It is a mistake."Of course they all thought that she was unbalanced with grief, and Mrs, Sharma was so upset by thi sseemingly irrational behaviour that my mother ended up trying to comfort her, while she herself remained unwavering in her belief that her husband was alive, and sure enough a few days later there was

another telegram saying in effect that they had got the wrong Osborne. Her intuition guided her, and her faith in Bhagavan who, when my little brother Adam asked him to keep his daddy safe, had assented. This, and her own instinct gave her the knowledge and the fortitude to sense the truth and to recognize the mistake for what it was. Later we got all his letters simultaneously, and apparently he also only heard from us after two years. ........to be continued Foreword by Katya Douglas [Osborne]My Life and Quest Arthur Osborne