Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE MAHARSHI

May/June 2003Vol. 13 - No. 3

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma

Letters and Comments

Illness and Depression

I have read Ramana's books many times and now I suffer from arthritis and depression. The depression keeps me from meditating and the Zoloft prescribed makes me numb. Can you recommend some kind of help or helper to me. I thank you in advance for whatever you can recommend.

I know of only one solution: surrender, petition, prayer, perseverance and faith.

When we know for certain that we are unable to attain happiness by our own efforts, we must, with devotion and faith, turn to the Almighty and place our burden on Him. A helpless kitten simply cries and the mother cat feeds it, bathes it, carries it from place to place and protects it. We have to cry from the bottom of our heart to the Omnipresent Lord who creates and sustains this infinite universe of diverse dimensions. I am certain that if you do this with sincere devotion your petition will be heard and the suffering will be relieved. How it is relieved may not be in the manner you imagine, but the burden will be lifted just the same and you will feel bathed in the pure waters of peace and blessedness

- Editor

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football