IndiaDivine.org

My Life and Quest, Arthur Osborne #9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

.....Many years later when I came home for a long visit with my little daughter Aruna we were concerned about her missing too much schooloing, so my father undertook to teach her English and history. They sat outside on the veranda, his deep voice telling her stories and her childish treble interjecting that I sat myself in the doorway inside, out of sight, in order to listen. My mother was sitting in the same position in the other room. She causght my eye and smiled, and then she put her finger to her lips and we were joined in a conspiracy of silence. At the time when my parents were seeking for a spiritual path it was not at all a popular point of view. Nowadays, in spite of, or perhaps because of, the dangerous and materialistic world we live in, more and more people are interested in finding a deeper truth. Inadequate gurus or bogus sects unfortunately lead many astray. Bhagavan said often that

we are not the body. His teaching is as valid and alive today as it was when he sat in the hall wearing a body for us to see. For my father, his coming to Tiruvannamalai was an affirmation of his Quest and having confirmed that Bhagavan was his guru, he never looked back. ........to be continued