IndiaDivine.org

My Life and Quest, Arthur Osborne #10 & last

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

After retiring from his work in Calcutta he founded and edited the Mountain Path

until his health gave out. Knowing he couldn't continue he prepared and left in

perfect order ten editirials which were for whoever was to follow him. As it happens

my mother took on this task for a time, which was especially difficult for her as

English was not her mother tongue. Their relationship, a union of opposites, was

crucial to both their lives and my father's last words were to her. He said "Thank you."

Then he died as he has lived, without fuss, and he is buried in the garden he created

and loved.

He was only sixty-four.

The war years had taken their toll of him and also the intensity of his inner quest

placed an enourmous strain on his body because he made no compromose.

The precious legacy he left us is in his writing. We can travel with him along the road

and experience how he dealt with the problems that beset all of us. Reading again of

his inner life and struggle I am heartened that an ordinary human being could find in

himself such steadfastness and such ability to remain resolute in the face of all obstacles.

It is surely an example to anyone on the mountain path.

31st December 2001

Bhagavan's 122nd Jayanti

Katya Douglas

Tiruvannamalai