IndiaDivine.org

#2192 - Monday, July 4, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Nondual Highlights

#2192 - Monday, July 4, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

Highlights Home Page and Archive: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply' on your email program, compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter.

The ultimate state is ever present and always now. The only thing that makes it difficult to find that state and remain in that state is people wanting to retain their position in space and time.

"I want to know where I am going.I want to know if I have arrived.I want to know who to love and hate.I want to know.I don’t really want to be; I want to know.Isn’t enlightenment the ultimate state of knowing?"

No. It’s the ultimate state of being.The price is knowing.

~ Adyashanti

From Consciousness -- There Are No Mistakes No matter how much you have achieved here, unless you know theliving truth you are like a seed that has not sprouted and you havemissed the true purpose of human existence. And even if your life has been full of suffering and mistakes,

it takes only this knowing to redeem it and retrospectively

endow the seemingly meaningless with profound meaning. If all your mistakes have taken you to this point, this realization,how could they have been mistakes? "I am not what happens, but the space in which it happens."

This knowing, this living truth, frees you from identification with form,from time as well as from a false, mind-made sense of self. What is that space in which everything happens?

Consciousness prior to form. ~ Eckhart Tolle

The Diamond in Your Pocket (Foreword) posted by Jani Roxburgh to TheNow_2

photo by Alan Larus (and 2 more at link)

http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/twentytwo.htm

"The mere sight of any living being--whether tiny or huge, whether our own kind or a different species --will arouse the feeling of gentleness and kindness. This is a very powerful feeling; in fact, it is the gateway to the experience of the perfect state of enlightenment. Having developed such kindness, gentleness, and openness of mind toward all beings, it is possible to genuinely feel the needs of others. A very true and honest concern for beings develops. Then, if at times a certain being projects aggression or hatred, the gentleness and kindness we have developed will help us feel and express an even stronger sense of compassion and gentleness." ~Ven. Khenpo Karthar RinpocheFrom the website http://www.kagyu.org/buddhism/tra/tra05.htmlposted to Daily Dharma

The Master kept constantly reminding peopleof their robot-like existence: "How can you callyourself human if every one of your thoughts,feelings, and actions are mechanical, arising,not from yourself but your conditioning?""Can anything break the conditioning and set usfree?" the disciples asked."Yes, awareness."The after a moment's thought he added, "Andcatastrophe.""Catastrophe?""Yes. A very English Englishman once told methat after being shipwrecked in midocean andswimming with another Englishman for a wholehour, he finally succeeded in breaking loosefrom his conditioning and spoke without beingintroduced!""What did he say?""He said: 'Pardon me for speaking to you likethis without being introduced, but is this theway to Southampton?'"~ Anthony de Mello, S.J. posted to Awareness - The Way to Love

Dear Harsha,Thank you so much for sharing this story about Anamalai Swami....

[story: /archive/MagazineV2/harsha/stories.html#annamalai ]I went to visit him while at Ramana Ashram about 1990...urged on bya friend. I was in dire straits...suffering immensely about apersonal dilemma. We were packed like sardines in this little roomand he walked in followed by an interpreter..People were asking him all sorts of questions and the urge for me tospeak to him (despite my shyness) was getting stronger and strongerand stronger. Suddenly I blurted out to him...."I am feeling a deeppiercing in my heart"....I was in tears by now and in the room youcould hear a pin drop...Suddenly he turned his gaze towardme....looking me straight in the eyes. (It felt like an eternitypassed) Then he said to me "To whom does this appear" I respondedquickly--- "to me". A long silence. Then he said, "And, who areYou"? The words went in and in and in....then everything changed.The pain was gone and in its place an incredible joy. The tears inmy eyes flowed even more and I fell on my knees and bowed to him. Iwas totally out of control...it wasn't even me bowing...it was justhappening and I could not take my eyes off of him nor stop bowingdown to him. He smiled at me, stood up and at that point left theroom. I could not move for a long time....waves of bliss swept overme. I finally left with my friends that had invited me and wedanced our way down the street toward Ramana Ashram.That was my rather incredible only meeting with Anamalai Swami. Isuppose I shall never forget it.So it was great to hear your story Harsha of that dear, dearSage....Anamalai SwamiYours,Jim

posted by Jim Rasa to