IndiaDivine.org

Grace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Your Glance of Grace

I Thank you so very much for giving me the opportunity to share my wonderful experience with you all.

Last Christmas, my sister-in-law arrived from California to visit us after a period of six years. When she came, she brought the glory of Bhagavan’s light into our house as well as into our hearts. She presented me with a beautifully framed photo of Bhagavan as a token of her love and affection. When she placed the photo in my hand and explained to me briefly the divine significance of the Maharshi, I was supremely delighted to have it and thanked her for this eternal gift.

The next morning I placed Bhagavan’s photo in my pooja room beside the Shiva Lingam that I have been sincerely worshipping since my childhood. When my sister-in-law observed that, she was thrilled and exclaimed saying, “Oh! You found a perfect place for Bhagavan in your pooja room”.

Two days later we went to attend the Jayanti program of Bhagavan organized by the Arunachala Ashrama at the New York City Ganesh Temple. This was the first time in my life that I have attended such a program. My sister-in-law came from California specifically to attend this function while my husband and I accompanied her. I never knew anything about Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi until that day, despite the fact that I was born and raised in Southern India. When I walked into the program hall, my eyes immediately fell on the large portrait of the Maharshi placed centrally on the dais. His powerful eyes instantly drew my mind, body and soul towards Him. I just could not divert my eyes from his for even a moment, I felt that my entire individual existence was dissolving into that of Bhagavan’s. My heart was filled with ineffable joy and enlightened with his gracious welcome. I was floating with inexplicable

peace and happiness within me. That entire day was filled with Bhagavan’s power, presence and grace. It was an unforgettable experience. I have seen many photos of enlightened beings, but none of them had ever radiated such peace and joy into my heart.

Six months later my cousin invited me to one of her weekly Satsang sessions. When I went to her house to attend the prayer program, I saw their Guru’s portrait placed in her prayer hall. When the prayer was about to commence I bowed my head to pay my respects to their Guru and sat down with the fellow devotees. When I raised my head, I was astonished to see Bhagavan Ramana instead of their Guru in the portrait. I closed my eyes for a moment and when I looked again I still saw the Maharshi. It was an astonishing experience that I could not understand. At the request of the satsangis, I offered to the Maharshi (in my vision) a Gitamala, a garland of devotional songs.

At the conclusion of the prayer session, during the arati, my cousin requested me to offer holy milk at their Guru’s shrine and distribute the prasad to the gathering. I started to distribute the milk prasad to everyone during which, again to my astonishment, I had the vision of Bhagavan Ramana in each and everyone’s face in the gathering. It was an overpowering experience. Uncontrollable tears of joy poured forth from my eyes. This whole experience of having the repeated darshan of Bhagavan Ramana’s effulgent face immersed me completely into the divine ocean of His grace and bliss. I was transported to His cosmic regime that was flooded with the nectar of His radiance and splendor. He was omnipresent and all the spatial elements consistently echoed in unison, vibrating, “Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya”. In a state of beatitude, it took me a while to descend from His galaxy, achieve my normalcy, and

resume my worldly activities. Being filled with such ecstasy I was barely able to serve the prasad, but by Bhagavan’s grace I somehow managed to serve all the devotees. For about two weeks after this event I remained immersed in this bliss, which I find difficult to describe.

Through this inexplicable experience, Bhagavan conveyed the message to me that He is in the whole universe and resides in every jiva (individual). I am so fortunate to have had this divine experience.

I believe Bhagavan’s blessings are with all of us and His grace and blessings will be with all of us forever.

Padma Ranganatha RajagopalNew Jersey

THE MAHARSHI

September/October 2004Vol. 14 - No. 5

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma