IndiaDivine.org

What is a Devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Letters and Comments

What Is A Devotee

Please, forgive me for disturbing you.

Since you have been so nice to me previously, I dare to ask you a question I have.

As you told me there was no problem to write to the addresses of devotees on the web site, I did, and I sent a message to the one who lives in Spain. I told him I feel close to Sri Bhagavan and also I have a deep need to communicate. But wanting to be honest, I told him I do not know what a devotee is, and I think that may be preventing him from answering.

So, maybe I should know or understand what is a devotee. I hope you could tell me something.

I sincerely wish any of Ramana Maharshi’s Ashrams would be closer to Spain!

Yours faithfully, A Devotee from Spain

Thank you for your kind email. There is no way you can disturb us. Please do not hesitate to write. Responding to your sincere request gives life a meaning and purpose, as we feel certain that the grace of Sri Ramana is working in you.

The reason this gentleman has not responded to your sincere inquiry is unknown.

But what a devotee is can be known or understood. A devotee is one who has been blessed with the insight that real happiness and fulfillment cannot be achieved by outward endeavors and worldly ambitions, however noble they may be.

A real devotee seeks happiness from the true source of happiness that lies within the heart of all.

A devotee of Sri Ramana Maharshi discovers that his teachings provide a method to realize that Eternal Truth within and, furthermore, has the experience of grace and peace directly emanating from the presence of Sri Ramana.

We are sure you qualify as a devotee, and feel very fortunate you have blessed us with your sincere words and kind thoughts.

Editor

THE MAHARSHI

January/February 2005Vol. 15 - No. 1

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma