letters and comments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE MAHARSHI

March / April 2005Vol. 15 - No. 2

Produced & Edited byDennis HartelDr. Anil K. Sharma

Letters and Comments

Father Figure

I was just reading the first article in the Jan/Feb 2005"Maharshi" and I found some resemblance in my own life to what the author (Anonymous) has written about seeing Bhagavan as his "father-figure."

It may be just a coincidence that before reading this issue, when I saw the Maharshi's photo (the one seen in this issue of "The Maharshi") it reminded me of my own grandfather.

He was very similar to Bhagavan as far as physical appearance is concerned, and I remember him asking me on several occasions (humorously, as I was a kid at that time) "Do you know Ramana Maharshi?"

At that period and for so many years that followed, I had no idea at all that Sri Bhagavan would be such a vital force for me in the future!

Ketan, USA

Life Saved

I have had an experience in which I have felt the love and care -- I really do not know how to express it -- of Sri Bhagavan, and I feel like sharing it with you, since you appear to me to represent the extension of His work.

On December 25th I had a car accident on the highway. It was violent.. The car was completely destroyed.

Miraculously my life and physical integrity were saved,though I am still recovering from the shock -- I have pain in the back and neck and I am unable to go to work.

I am profoundly grateful to Life, to all the Saints, Angels, Ancestors, whomever or whatever were those responsible for this great gift.

Some weeks before that -- by that time I had made contact with you -- I printed a copy of Sri Bhagavan's wonderful face which you have on your website. I had it in my wallet.

So, during all the time after the crash, when I even did not know I was alive, I could see His face smiling on me, with pure serenity. I felt and still feel embraced by Him.

I was very surprised at this because being the victim (this girl hit me) my words were all the time of peace and love.

As you can imagine I did not expect that from me, as I am just a regular middle-aged woman. I profoundly feel I have had a Gift from Heaven. Thank you for listening.

I send my best wishes to all of you in Sri Bhagavan.

Idoia, Spain

Start your day with - make it your home page