IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ramana Darshanam - [08]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

47 Consciousness of being and the truth of God That which exists pervades all hearts. It is always revealing its truth without the help of anything else. It is revealing itself directly to everyone as the first person [‘I’] without a sense of otherness. It is the tradition of the sages to consider ‘I’ as its first name, although ‘a thousand names for the One who does not have any name or form’ is also an apt _expression. The name that naturally belongs to it is only ‘I’, since this is the common and natural experience of all humanity. The natural experience ‘I am’ is the experience of Brahman.

I had in my countless past incarnations mistaken the body for the Self. High or low, seeing all as a mirage, I have by the grace of my master realised the Self as ‘I’ and been liberated.

In accordance with the above words of revelation, only one’s real nature as the Supreme Self should be taken as the meaning of the ‘I’ feeling. It is not the individual self, which is only a reflected version.

Sri Ramana DarsanamBy Sadhu NatananandaTranslated by Dr. VenkatasubramanianEdited by David Godman