IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavan on Silence - #3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Editors note: His Highness the Maharaja of Mysore visited theMaharshi for fifteen minutes, and remained silent almost the wholetime. At lunch that day, when the devotees were talking about theincident, the Maharshi commented on the visit.Maharshi: He is a high advanced soul. He is a Janaka. What need is there to talk when a knower meets anther knower? It is enough for the eyes to meet in a glance; immediately they turn inwards in response and recognition. Verbal conversation is then unnecessary.

Q: I want to ask a question. may I do so?

Maharshi: Yes what question? You said you had read Paul Brunton's book The Secret Path. Read it a thousand time--P.B. has expressed me correctly; then why do you not practice it? Turn to page 73 and see if you don't find answer to your question in paragraph 2.

Silence is never-ending speech. Vocal speech obstructs silent speech. More things are achieved by silence and more thoughts are conveyed by silence to a wider world. Oral questions and answers may appear to benefit the questioner and a few listeners in this hall, but actually they obstruct, delay and interrupt the silent communication of thought waves to thousand of spiritual aspirants all over the world. So any sadhaks who come to me for enquiry and elucidation would amply benefit themselves and others by sitting before me silently-absolutely speechless............