IndiaDivine.org

Paul Brunton - A Sacred Influx In The Stillness #3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Himalaya has opened the golden windows of heaven for me and I must bless the day that I entered its quiet realm.

With the hushed fall of eventide, the stillness within and without grows more and more intense. To this humbler degree, I know now the spiritual meaning of Christ's words: I and my Father are one.

Take your prodigal child, then, O Overself, take him captive! How sweet is life when one penetrates its hidden depths! Our greatest need is not for a wider and more diffuse existence, but for a profounder one! Such an experience helps one to understand why men cling so desperately to life, even in the face of accute bodily suffering and terrible torture of mind and spirit. For their very clinging is but a faint percolation into our world of that intense ecstatic satisfying peace which dwells in life's secret heart. They hold to life because they sense unconsciously that it is a boon worth having. Could they but trace physical life back to its original source they would possess themselves of this boon. For the ephemeral existence of a few score years holds only a distant reflection of the real hidden life-current.

'Tis but a small arc of the entire circle of being.

~~~

.... taken from Paul Brunton, A Hermit In The Himalayas