IndiaDivine.org

concentrate on the seer and not on the seen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________16-9-45 AfternoonA visitor asked, "What should one, who is an absolutebeginner, do in this (i.e., spiritual) line?"Bhagavan: The very fact that you put this question showsyou know what to do. It is because you feel the want of peace,that you are anxious to take some steps to secure peace. BecauseI have a little pain in my foot, I am applying this ointment.Visitor: What is the method to be adopted for securingpeace?B: The conception that there is a goal and a path to it, iswrong. We are the goal or peace always. To get rid of thenotion that we are not peace is all that is required.V: All books say that the guidance of a Guru is necessary.B: The Guru will say only what I am saying now. He willnot give you anything you have not already. It is impossible foranyone to get what he has not got already. Even if he gets anysuch thing, it will go as it came. What comes will also go. Whatalways is will alone remain. The Guru cannot give you anythingnew, which you have not already. Removal of the notion thatwe have not realised the Self is all that is required. We arealways the Self. Only, we don't realise it.The Asramam compounder asked some questions abouthis experiences during meditation. Bhagavan explained that theSelf is the one reality that always exists and it is by its light allother things are seen. We forget it and concentrate on theappearances. The light in the hall burns, both when persons arepresent there and when they are absent, both when persons areenacting something as in a theatre and when nothing is beingenacted. It is the light which enabled us to see the hall, the personsand the acting. We are so engrossed with the objects orappearances revealed by the light that we pay no attention to thelight. In the waking state or dream state, in which things appear,and in the sleep state, in which we see nothing, there is alwaysthe light of consciousness or Self, like the hall-lamp alwaysburning. The thing to do is to concentrate on the seer and not onthe seen, not on the objects, but on the Light which reveals them.