IndiaDivine.org

giving up the notion I am the doer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________18-9-45 AfternoonA group of Bengalis have come. One of them has recentlylost a child. He put the question to Bhagavan, "Why did thatchild die so young? Is it his karma or our karma that we shouldhave this grief?"Bhagavan: The prarabdha which the child had to workout in this life was over and so it passed away. So we may callit the child's karma. So far as you are concerned, it is open toyou not to grieve over it, but to remain calm and unaffectedby it, being convinced that the child was not yours but alwaysonly God's, that God gave and God took away. And in thisconnection Bhagavan took out the Yoga Vasishta in Englishto refer to the story of Punya and Pavana. Strange to say, whenhe casually opened the book, it actually opened at the storyhe had in mind. And from the book he asked me to read outthe portion where Punya advises his brother Pavana not togrieve foolishly over the death of their parents, pointing outthat Pavana had had innumerable births in the past, in eachone of which he had a number of relations and that exactly ashe is not mourning for the death of all those relations now, heshould not now mourn for the death of their father either.The visitor asked, "When a person dies while yet a childand another lives long, which of them is the greater sinner?"B: I cannot say.I told the visitor that the data he had given could not bythemselves enable anyone to judge which was the greater sinner.Visitor: If a person lives long, he has greater chances ofperfecting steps to reach realisation.B: The person dying young may soon be reborn and havein that life better chances of striving towards realisation thanthe other person living long in this life.A visitor asked, "When it is said that we must renounceall activities, is it meant that we should reduce our activitiesas much as possible?"B: By giving up activities is meant giving up attachmentto activities or the fruits thereof, giving up the notion `I am thedoer'. The activities for going through which this body hascome, will have to be gone through. There is no question ofgiving up such activities, whatever one may or may not like.

Nice Post Grant Garu.-- ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శà±à°°à±€  రమణాయ   పà±à°°à°¶à°¾à°‚తౠ జలసూతà±à°°à°‚ పà±à°°à±‡à°®à±‡ శాశà±à°µà°¤à°®à±  On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Grant <g-ssummerville wrote:

Day by Day with Bhagavan________18-9-45 AfternoonA group of Bengalis have come. One of them has recentlylost a child. He put the question to Bhagavan, " Why did that

child die so young? Is it his karma or our karma that we shouldhave this grief? " Bhagavan: The prarabdha which the child had to workout in this life was over and so it passed away. So we may callit the child's karma. So far as you are concerned, it is open to

you not to grieve over it, but to remain calm and unaffectedby it, being convinced that the child was not yours but alwaysonly God's, that God gave and God took away. And in thisconnection Bhagavan took out the Yoga Vasishta in English

to refer to the story of Punya and Pavana. Strange to say, whenhe casually opened the book, it actually opened at the storyhe had in mind. And from the book he asked me to read outthe portion where Punya advises his brother Pavana not to

grieve foolishly over the death of their parents, pointing outthat Pavana had had innumerable births in the past, in eachone of which he had a number of relations and that exactly ashe is not mourning for the death of all those relations now, he

should not now mourn for the death of their father either.The visitor asked, " When a person dies while yet a childand another lives long, which of them is the greater sinner? " B: I cannot say.

I told the visitor that the data he had given could not bythemselves enable anyone to judge which was the greater sinner.Visitor: If a person lives long, he has greater chances ofperfecting steps to reach realisation.

B: The person dying young may soon be reborn and havein that life better chances of striving towards realisation thanthe other person living long in this life.A visitor asked, " When it is said that we must renounce

all activities, is it meant that we should reduce our activitiesas much as possible? " B: By giving up activities is meant giving up attachmentto activities or the fruits thereof, giving up the notion `I am the

doer'. The activities for going through which this body hascome, will have to be gone through. There is no question ofgiving up such activities, whatever one may or may not like.