IndiaDivine.org

Seek first the kingdom of God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________10-10-45 MorningI came across the following on pages 110 and 111 inLetters to my friends by Gilbert Henry Gedge in the September1945 issue of Science of Thought Review."Again, people sometimes say that when they are at workthere is no time to be thinking about God; their mind has tobe `on the job'."Now, friend, I say to you once again that for all these differentmatters the remedy is the same. Seek first the kingdom of God.When that is done all things fall into their proper place and theirproper perspective in our mind. God is in you and in all yourcircumstances now, and you and your own individual little worldare in God now. Realisation of that fact involves also the realisationthat all things in your life are in their right place and order, that thelaw of God rules your whole life and circumstances. Nothingwhatever can be excluded from the rule of that law when we realisethat our life is actually lived in God. Even when we are engaged inour daily work it helps to think of God, to recognise His presencewith us, within and around us and in our job. It helps even moreto see the job as God's work, for when we do so, we find newand better ways of doing it and are blessed in the doing."I read this out to Bhagavan and he approved of it andeven asked me to show it to Mr. Mahatani as bearing on lastevening's discourse.