IndiaDivine.org

the turiya state of the Self

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________21-11-45

Afternoon(concluded)Dr. Srinivasa Rao asked Bhagavan, "What is the meaningof (non-english script), i.e., being in sleepless sleep?"Bhagavan: It is the jnani's state. In sleep our ego issubmerged and the sense organs are not active. The jnani'sego has been killed and he does not indulge in any senseactivities of his own accord or with the notion that he is thedoer. So he is in sleep. At the same time he is not unconsciousas in sleep, but fully awake in the Self; so his state issleepless. This sleepless sleep, wakeful sleep, or whateverit may be called, is the turiya state of the Self, on which asthe screen, all the three avasthas, the waking, dream andsleep, pass, leaving the screen unaffected." Bhagavan saidthat instead of holding on to that which exists, we are lookingfor that which does not. We bother about the past and thefuture, not realising the truth of the present. We do not knowthe (n-e script) (beginning) or the (n-e s.) (end). But we knowthe middle. If we find out the truth of this, we shall knowthe beginning and the end. Bhagavan quoted from BhagavadGita: "I am in the heart of all beings and am their beginning,middle and end." Bhagavan also said the reality is onlymauna and quoted Thayumanavar:(n-e s.)(i.e., If we scrutinise all the religions which look so different,we find nothing discrepant at all in them, but they are onlyyour (Lord's) sport. They all end in quiescence or mauna, asrivers merge in the sea).In this connection Bhagavan also said, when one talks ofbrahmakara vritti for the mind, it is something like sayingsamudrakara nadi, about the river which has merged in the ocean.

Only Bhagavan can tell us so nicely and simple manner.What a profound statement.with best wishes dear Grant--- On Wed, 2/24/10, Grant <g-ssummerville wrote:Grant <g-ssummerville the turiya state of the Self Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 8:45 AM

Day by Day with Bhagavan________21-11-45

Afternoon(concluded )Dr. Srinivasa Rao asked Bhagavan, "What is the meaningof (non-english script), i.e., being in sleepless sleep?"Bhagavan: It is the jnani's state. In sleep our ego issubmerged and the sense organs are not active. The jnani'sego has been killed and he does not indulge in any senseactivities of his own accord or with the notion that he is thedoer. So he is in sleep. At the same time he is not unconsciousas in sleep, but fully awake in the Self; so his state issleepless. This sleepless sleep, wakeful sleep, or whateverit may be called, is the turiya state of the Self, on which asthe screen, all the three avasthas, the waking, dream andsleep, pass, leaving the screen unaffected." Bhagavan saidthat instead of holding on to that which exists, we are lookingfor that which does not. We bother about the past and thefuture, not realising the truth of the present. We do not

knowthe (n-e script) (beginning) or the (n-e s.) (end). But we knowthe middle. If we find out the truth of this, we shall knowthe beginning and the end. Bhagavan quoted from BhagavadGita: "I am in the heart of all beings and am their beginning,middle and end." Bhagavan also said the reality is onlymauna and quoted Thayumanavar:(n-e s.)(i.e., If we scrutinise all the religions which look so different,we find nothing discrepant at all in them, but they are onlyyour (Lord's) sport. They all end in quiescence or mauna, asrivers merge in the sea).In this connection Bhagavan also said, when one talks ofbrahmakara vritti for the mind, it is something like sayingsamudrakara nadi, about the river which has merged in the ocean.