IndiaDivine.org

the ordinary life of Bhagavan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Day by Day with Bhagavan________27-11-45 MorningMiss Sarojini Hathee Singh (sister of Mr. Hathee Singh,brother-in-law of Jawaharlal Nehru), who is here now on hersecond visit to this place, expressed a desire to have the dailylife of Bhagavan filmed and shown to the world. I told herMr. K.K. Nambiar had a similar idea and even took a fewshots with a cine camera a few months back, but either becausethere was something wrong with the film or with the operator,nothing came of it. Miss Hathee Singh said she would arrangefor this after returning from here this time. At meal time MissIndumati (a relation of Ambalal Sarabhai), who with hermother and others had come here from Aurobindo's darshanon the 24th instant, asked me if there was any book dealingwith the ordinary life of Bhagavan, including any light orhumorous incidents or remarks. I replied in the negative andshe said there ought to be one. She said, "Before we camehere we did not know Bhagavan was so human and that hemoved so freely, talked and even made humorous remarks.We knew only of his spiritual eminence. There ought to be abook which reveals all these aspects which bring him closerto us as a man."29-11-45I went to Vellore on the 27th evening and met Mr. A.Lobo,District Judge, and his wife at their place this morning. Bothmade enquiries about Bhagavan and Mr. Lobo suggested thatthere should be some record of Bhagavan's life and doings at theAsramam.From Mr. Lobo's house I went to Sir Norman Strathie,Adviser, who was then camping at Vellore. There again naturallywe were talking of the Asramam. He said he had heard ofBhagavan's teaching through silence, and added, "we canunderstand that."