IndiaDivine.org

question - Who Am I? - essay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Gabriele and All,

I just thought there may be other members interested in Who Am I? in its essay form, now that the subject of some differences between the 28 questions-answers form and the essay arose.

I am typing here the part relating at question nr. 1 from my copy which has been edited by Arthur Osborne and printed by Samuel Weiser, Inc. If there is any interest in it from the part of the members of this list, I shall continue typing the essay on a daily basis until its completion. Just let me know about it, it will take some time though as my spare time is unfortunately so limited and I could type only very short paragraphs at a time.

in Sri Ramana v.

-------------------

"WHO AM I?"

I am not this physical body, nor am I the five organs of sense perception; I am not the five organs of external activity, nor I am the five vital forces, nor am I even the thinking mind. Neither am I that unconscious state of nescience which retains merely the subtle vasanas (latencies of the mind), while being free from the functional activity of the sense-organs and of mind, and being unaware of the existence of the objects of sense-perceptions.

Guest guest

Dear Vicki and All,

the essay-version is certainly much worthy reading, as is the question-answer-version, which is more popular.

This seems to be Osborne-version, for members interested:

http://bhagavan-ramana.org/nanyaressay.html

Gabriele

-

viorica w

Friday, March 12, 2010 12:28 PM

Re: question - Who Am I? - essay

Dear Gabriele and All,

I just thought there may be other members interested in Who Am I? in its essay form, now that the subject of some differences between the 28 questions-answers form and the essay arose.

I am typing here the part relating at question nr. 1 from my copy which has been edited by Arthur Osborne and printed by Samuel Weiser, Inc. If there is any interest in it from the part of the members of this list, I shall continue typing the essay on a daily basis until its completion. Just let me know about it, it will take some time though as my spare time is unfortunately so limited and I could type only very short paragraphs at a time.

in Sri Ramana v.

-------------------

"WHO AM I?"

I am not this physical body, nor am I the five organs of sense perception; I am not the five organs of external activity, nor I am the five vital forces, nor am I even the thinking mind. Neither am I that unconscious state of nescience which retains merely the subtle vasanas (latencies of the mind), while being free from the functional activity of the sense-organs and of mind, and being unaware of the existence of the objects of sense-perceptions.

Guest guest

Dear Gabriele,

Thank you! What a nice surprise to discover this sweet little Ramana site!

vicki

gabriele ebert <g.ebert Sent: Sun, March 14, 2010 1:30:09 AMRe: question - Who Am I? - essay

Dear Vicki and All,

the essay-version is certainly much worthy reading, as is the question-answer- version, which is more popular.

This seems to be Osborne-version, for members interested:

http://bhagavan- ramana.org/ nanyaressay. html

Gabriele