IndiaDivine.org

The 16 Vargas and their Ruling Planets and their Meanings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was reading a book called Beneath a Vedic Sky by William Levacy, and he mentions in one of his chapters about the 16 Vargas stemming from the Rasi Varga. Now there is an obvious rulership harmony in the Rasi Varga [Aries being ruled by Mars/Mangala, Taurus ruled by Venus/Shukra, etc..] but for these micro-divisions or harmonic charts, is there a similar pattern to the rulership of these other Vargas? I know the Navamsa rulerships (9 divisions per sign), but I have never seen the divisions for the other ones. Bhaskar, do you know more about the subtleties of these Vargas and their rulerships? The information I put here is quoted from the book I just mentioned, but the information provided here is practically useless in its substance.*note:' = minutes" = seconds1. Rasi Varga – Not Divided (12 x 30 degrees) - Physique, behavior, all basic indications (1st house matters)2. Hora Varga – 2 parts of 15 degrees (24 x 15 degrees) - Wealth (liquid assets), masculine/feminine tendencies (2nd house matters)3. Drekkana Varga – 3 parts of 10 degrees (36 x 10 degrees) – Happiness through brothers and sisters (3rd house matters)4. Chaturthamsa Varga – 4 parts of 7 degrees 20' (48 x 7 degrees 20') – Wealth (fixed assets), happiness, emotions (4th house matters)5. Saptamamsa Varga – 7 parts of 4 degrees 17'8.57" (84 x 4 degrees 17'8.57") – Family Dynasty, children and grandchildren, creative energy (5th house matters)6. Navamsa Varga – 9 parts of 3 degrees 20' (108 x 3 degrees 20') – Overall strengths and weaknesses, partner, subtle characteristics (7th house matters)7. Dasamsa Varga – 10 parts of 3 degrees (120 x 3 degrees) – Career, status, professional accomplishments, income from individual effort (10th house matters)8. Dwadasamsa Varga – 12 parts of 2 degrees 30' (144 x 2 degrees 30') – Parents, (Look to Sun 9th for father, and Moon and 4th for Mother9. Shodasamsa Varga (also called Kalamsa Varga) – 16 parts of 1 degree 52'30" (192 x 1 degree 52'30") – Benefits and adversaries from conveyance (eg. car accidents)10. Vimsamsa Varga – 20 parts of 1 degree 30' (240 x 1 degree 30') – Progress to be gained from spiritual practices11. Chaturvimsamsa Varga (also called Siddhamsa Varga) – 24 parts of 1 degree 15' (288 x 1 degree 15') – Learning, education, achievements gained through studies12. Saptimvimsamsa Varga (also called Bhamsa or Nakshatrasamsa Varga) – 27 parts of 1 degree 6'40" (346 x 1 degree 6'40") – Physical strengths and weaknesses, endurance13. Trimsamsa Varga – 30 parts of 1 degree (360 x 1 degree) – Arishtas or the advent of unfavorable effects in life, integrity of the individual14. Khavedamsa Varga (also called Chatvarimsshamsa Varga) – 40 parts of 0 degrees 45' (480 x 0 degrees 45') – Auspicious and inauspicious effects in general15. Akshavedamsa Varga – 45 parts of 0 degrees 40' (540 x 0 degrees 40') – Quality of character, integrity16. Shashtiamsa Varga – 60 parts of 0 degrees 30' (720 x 0 degrees 30') – All general indications, very fine tuning.Sincerely,Meredith Garstinwww.myspace.com/acscorpiomerre