IndiaDivine.org

Wish list for our politicians

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To add to the wish list being compiled by one of our friends here, I contribute my suggestions. These are not originally mine, and have been doing the rounds in newspapers, TV and also the net. I am just putting them together, with my explanations.

1. Voting should be made compulsory for all.

Polling day is a paid holiday for all, so why should someone, who gets a paid holiday at someone else's expense not be compelled to vote. The polling station, apart from the indelible ink on the finger, should issue some sort of card or proof to the voter, so that they can present it to the office, or else get a days wages deducted.. Same goes for daily rated workers, who are supposed to get a paid day off..

In case of self-employed persons, those who pay Income Tax have to attach this card with their returns, otherwise pay a certain percentage extra as tax, r a fixed amount in case of non-taxable income, to cover the cost of holding the elections where they did not vote.

2. None of the above button on EVMs.

Most people do not vote, saying all candidates are the same and I do not wish to vote for anyone of them. There should be an extra button for NONE OF THE ABOVE in the EVMs. This will permit voters to exercise their right u/s 49(O) of the Electoral rules, which does not have a provision of secret refusal at present.

3. Age Limit for candidates.

Like there is a minimum age for candidates to Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha polls, there should be a maximum age for candidates also. The country has to move forward and that requires dynamic leadership. Dynamism can come from youth, who have dreams and they are the ones who will be enjoying the fruits of change, not the old timers who cling on to the "chairs" for the pecuniary benefits - including free medical treatment and travel. L.K.Advani still dreams of becoming the Prime Minister at age 80+!

4. Candidate to pay for re-poll.

Many politicians are candidates in two or more seats, to be safe. If they win from more than one seat, they keep one and give up the rest, where re-poll is ordered at public expense. In such cases, either the candidate giving up his seat has to re-imburse the expenses of re-poll or the seat goes to the person who was runners-up. This will help reduce wasteful expenditure in such re-polls.

Naresh

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Edition * Click here!

Guest guest

Thanks Nareshji for your precious time.

Would request all the members to Contribute to the cause by sending their Wish List - what we want as citizens of responsible India.

Warm Regards

Chandra

Naresh Mintri <nareshmintriJyotishgroup <jyotish_ganga >Tuesday, 12 May, 2009 3:02:34 PM Wish list for our politicians

To add to the wish list being compiled by one of our friends here, I contribute my suggestions. These are not originally mine, and have been doing the rounds in newspapers, TV and also the net. I am just putting them together, with my explanations.

Polling day is a paid holiday for all, so why should someone, who gets a paid holiday at someone else's expense not be compelled to vote. The polling station, apart from the indelible ink on the finger, should issue some sort of card or proof to the voter, so that they can present it to the office, or else get a days wages deducted.. Same goes for daily rated workers, who are supposed to get a paid day off..

In case of self-employed persons, those who pay Income Tax have to attach this card with their returns, otherwise pay a certain percentage extra as tax, r a fixed amount in case of non-taxable income, to cover the cost of holding the elections where they did not vote.

Most people do not vote, saying all candidates are the same and I do not wish to vote for anyone of them. There should be an extra button for NONE OF THE ABOVE in the EVMs. This will permit voters to exercise their right u/s 49(O) of the Electoral rules, which does not have a provision of secret refusal at present.

Like there is a minimum age for candidates to Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha polls, there should be a maximum age for candidates also. The country has to move forward and that requires dynamic leadership. Dynamism can come from youth, who have dreams and they are the ones who will be enjoying the fruits of change, not the old timers who cling on to the "chairs" for the pecuniary benefits - including free medical treatment and travel. L.K.Advani still dreams of becoming the Prime Minister at age 80+!

Many politicians are candidates in two or more seats, to be safe. If they win from more than one seat, they keep one and give up the rest, where re-poll is ordered at public expense. In such cases, either the candidate giving up his seat has to re-imburse the expenses of re-poll or the seat goes to the person who was runners-up. This will help reduce wasteful expenditure in such re-polls.

Naresh

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Edition * Click here!

Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more!

Guest guest

nareshji..today I too discussed the same with my husband who is a lawyer & he told me the same thing as you ..about the button on EVM's...We surely MUST have these & that too with almost 100% voting...if it ranges to low...then NO FAAYEDAA..--- On Tue, 5/12/09, Naresh Mintri <nareshmintri wrote:

Naresh Mintri <nareshmintri Wish list for our politicians"Jyotishgroup" <jyotish_ganga >Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 5:32 AM

Naresh