IndiaDivine.org

Virus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all,

Sorry to interrupt but unfortunately this is the viruses work.

Mr Harrit may not have even sent the message. This message may have come from a 3rd person address book spoofing as a mail from Harrit.

Viruses are a problem globally and except for being vigilant there is nothing anyone can do about it.

REMEMBER viruses not only copy their code on the PC but also change the Registry settings, hence as a user it is difficult to really control the virus infection.

Some steps that I follow

1) Regularly scan for virus (I use Norton Antivirus)

2) Check for adware and spy ware (Ad-Aware SE Personal)

3) Check for System cleanliness (System Mechanic 4 Professional)

4) Never open mails that contain attachments with funny names or extentions like some of the more common ones are

a) "Here is the file you requested"

b) "Please reactivate"

c) "See the enclosed video"

d) "You are on this list"

e) "You have downloaded these illegal cracks / software"

f) "This message does not contain a virus" (Believe me, this mail contains a virus attachment. I guess Virus writers are getting smarter)

5) Last but not the least DO NOT OPEN any mail that you were not expecting. Worst case send a seperate mail to the person (NOT A REPLY) checking if he/she has actually sent the mail. If possible call.

After a few such checks, you would be able to recognise from the Subject itself which are genuine and which are virus generated.

ALL I CAN REQUEST MEMBERS TO CHECK AND CLEAN THEIR PCs REGULARLY.

Regards,

Pankaj

-

Shubh Muhuratha

Harit Pal ; lalkitab

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:39 AM

[lalkitab] Virus

Namaste.

Harit Pal Ji Received a direct mail from your end. However I am unable to open the same because it has a Virus WM32 Beagle attached to it. Kindly check your computer.

Members on the Lalkitab board - please check your personal computers just in case you have opened mail from this gentleman.

regards

muhuratha

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Thanks pankaj and you Mr marutha the motive of me

sending you an email was to condole you that you

should not worry about your son and I requested the

gurujans to help you out and thank you for blaming me

of sending you a virus good job attitude like this no

one will help you or should help you . Emails r sent

thru Internet media and viruses r not aloof from

internet if you r that much scared of viruses keep

your computer in your mandir and ring bells in front

of it that will make you happy

Harrit Walia

--- Pankaj Agarwal <apankaj68 wrote:

> Hello all,

>

> Sorry to interrupt but unfortunately this is the

> viruses work.

>

> Mr Harrit may not have even sent the message. This

> message may have come from a 3rd person address book

> spoofing as a mail from Harrit.

>

> Viruses are a problem globally and except for being

> vigilant there is nothing anyone can do about it.

>

> REMEMBER viruses not only copy their code on the PC

> but also change the Registry settings, hence as a

> user it is difficult to really control the virus

> infection.

>

> Some steps that I follow

>

> 1) Regularly scan for virus (I use Norton Antivirus)

>

> 2) Check for adware and spy ware (Ad-Aware SE

> Personal)

>

> 3) Check for System cleanliness (System Mechanic 4

> Professional)

>

> 4) Never open mails that contain attachments with

> funny names or extentions like some of the more

> common ones are

> a) " Here is the file you requested "

> b) " Please reactivate "

> c) " See the enclosed video "

> d) " You are on this list "

> e) " You have downloaded these illegal cracks /

> software "

> f) " This message does not contain a virus "

> (Believe me, this mail contains a virus attachment.

> I guess Virus writers are getting smarter)

>

> 5) Last but not the least DO NOT OPEN any mail that

> you were not expecting. Worst case send a seperate

> mail to the person (NOT A REPLY) checking if he/she

> has actually sent the mail. If possible call.

>

> After a few such checks, you would be able to

> recognise from the Subject itself which are genuine

> and which are virus generated.

>

> ALL I CAN REQUEST MEMBERS TO CHECK AND CLEAN THEIR

> PCs REGULARLY.

>

> Regards,

> Pankaj

>

> -

> Shubh Muhuratha

> Harit Pal ; lalkitab

> Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:39 AM

> [lalkitab] Virus

>

>

> Namaste.

>

> Harit Pal Ji Received a direct mail from your end.

> However I am unable to open the same because it has

> a Virus WM32 Beagle attached to it. Kindly check

> your computer.

>

> Members on the Lalkitab board - please check your

> personal computers just in case you have opened mail

> from this gentleman.

>

> regards

>

> muhuratha

>

>

>

>

> New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

>

>

Note: forwarded message attached.

_________ALL-NEW

Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.

Hello all,

Sorry to interrupt but unfortunately this is the viruses work.

Mr Harrit may not have even sent the message. This message may have come from a 3rd person address book spoofing as a mail from Harrit.

Viruses are a problem globally and except for being vigilant there is nothing anyone can do about it.

REMEMBER viruses not only copy their code on the PC but also change the Registry settings, hence as a user it is difficult to really control the virus infection.

Some steps that I follow

1) Regularly scan for virus (I use Norton Antivirus)

2) Check for adware and spy ware (Ad-Aware SE Personal)

3) Check for System cleanliness (System Mechanic 4 Professional)

4) Never open mails that contain attachments with funny names or extentions like some of the more common ones are

a) "Here is the file you requested"

b) "Please reactivate"

c) "See the enclosed video"

d) "You are on this list"

e) "You have downloaded these illegal cracks / software"

f) "This message does not contain a virus" (Believe me, this mail contains a virus attachment. I guess Virus writers are getting smarter)

5) Last but not the least DO NOT OPEN any mail that you were not expecting. Worst case send a seperate mail to the person (NOT A REPLY) checking if he/she has actually sent the mail. If possible call.

After a few such checks, you would be able to recognise from the Subject itself which are genuine and which are virus generated.

ALL I CAN REQUEST MEMBERS TO CHECK AND CLEAN THEIR PCs REGULARLY.

Regards,

Pankaj

-

Shubh Muhuratha

Harit Pal ; lalkitab

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:39 AM

[lalkitab] Virus

Namaste.

Harit Pal Ji Received a direct mail from your end. However I am unable to open the same because it has a Virus WM32 Beagle attached to it. Kindly check your computer.

Members on the Lalkitab board - please check your personal computers just in case you have opened mail from this gentleman.

regards

muhuratha

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

READ IMMEDIATELY PLSGet this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don'tneed this spreading around.PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY ANDCONTACTS:You should be alert during the next days:Do not open any message with an attached file called'Invitation' regardless of who sent it, It is a virusthat opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the wholehard disc C of your computer.This virus will be received from someone who has youre-mail address in his/her contact list, that is whyyou should send this e-mail to all your contacts. Itis better to receive this message 25 times than toreceive the virus and open it.If you receive a mail called 'invitation' , thoughsent by a friend , do not open it and shut down yourcomputer immediately. This is the worst

virusannounced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoftas the most destructive virus ever.This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, andthere is no repair yet for this kind of virus. Thisvirus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the HardDisc, where the vital information is keptSEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW ,COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND! IT TO YOUR FRIENDS

Guest guest

Dear Kiran ji,

This is an Hoax mail. I just approved it to let the other members know about this -

Source - Wikipedia

Olympic Torch is a computer virus hoax sent out by e-mail. The hoax e-mails first appeared in February 2006. The "virus" referred to by the e-mail does not actually exist. The hoax e-mail warns recipients of a recent outbreak of "Olympic Torch" viruses, contained in e-mails titled "Invitation", which erase the hard disk of the user's computer when opened. The hoax email further purports the virus to be acknowledged by such reputable sources as CNN, McAfee and Microsoft as one of the most dangerous viruses yet reported. In reality, the "Olympic Torch" virus is non-existent, and generally has not been reported by the organizations quoted.

If received, this hoax e-mail can safely be ignored and deleted.

best wishes,

Bhaskar

, kiran dasaur <kirandasaur wrote:>> READ IMMEDIATELY PLS> > Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't> need this spreading around.> > PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND> CONTACTS:> > You should be alert during the next days:> > Do not open any message with an attached file called> 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it, It is a virus> that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole> hard disc C of your computer.> > This virus will be received from someone who has your> e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why> you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It> is better to receive this message 25 times than to> receive the virus and open it.> > If you receive a mail called 'invitation' , though> sent by a friend , do not open it and shut down your> computer immediately. This is the worst virus> announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft> as the most destructive virus ever.> > This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and> there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This> virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard> Disc, where the vital information is kept> > SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW ,> > COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND! IT TO YOUR FRIENDS> > > > >