IndiaDivine.org

Lunar Eclipse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Esstar,

SA does not attached any importance to Lunar eclipse. Just see if the

transit of Rahu/Ketu is causing any close influence in the chart.

Best wishes,

-

" esstar2002 " <esstar2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:56 AM

Lunar Eclipse

|

| Respected sir,

|

| Native ( Aqurius Ascendant) have saturn in 5th house, and 6th lord moon

| and Rahu closely conjucnt with each other in 11th house but faraway

| from MEP , both are aspecting saturn closely.

|

| Upcoming Lunar eclipse how will effect the native?

|

| Thanks

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

• 5 months later...

Respected Priyaji, Sadar Pranam! You had recommended the Moon+Saturn Upaya for me. Since last 2 years I had been floating 2-4 coconuts in the river during a lunar eclipse. Is it necessary for me to do this? Would the coconut upaya nullify, enhance or have no effect at all on the Moon+saturn upaya? Please advice. Thanking you, Mili < wrote: Dear Molly,[ 1 ] It

is inauspicious for the mothers to be to come out in the open at the time of any eclipse. There are no restrictions for others.[ 2 ] No, not really. You can always have house hold goods which are the karaks of Saturn during the shani mahadasha. The only restriction is that you should not accept any gifts of such items during this dasha.Sincerely,Priya , Molly Patel <mllyptl wrote:>> Respected Priyaji,> Sadar Pranam!> > Thank you for the clarification. I have some questions:> > 1. Is it inauspicious to be out in the open during a lunar eclipse or a solar eclipse?> > 2. While undergoing a Shani Mahadasha, is it harmful to keep black urad dal, mustard oil, black til and things made of iron inside the house?> >

Thanking you,> Mili> > > > > > > > < wrote: Dear Molly,> > The upaya is to be done after the sun rise. If the sun rises before > 6:37 am at the place you live in, then you can do the upaya at that > time.> > Sincerely,> > Priya> > , Molly Patel <mllyptl@> > wrote:> >> > Respected Priyaji,> > > > Sadar Pranam!> > > > > > I am a little confused about the > timing of doing the lunar upaya. I was under the impression that it > was most beneficial to do the upaya right in the middle of the > eclipse, but your instructions say to do it the next day after > sunrise.. Where I

am , the middle of the eclipse is 6.37 a.m. on > August 28. Which is the best time? Please clarify.> > > > Thanking you,> > > > Mili> > > > l> > > > > > > > Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see > what's on, when.> >> > > > > > > > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.> Play Sims Stories at Games. > > > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji and learnered members,

Namaste ji,

The lunar eclipse happened in the nakshatra Poorvaashada, What would be the

effects on persons with that lagna, moon nak sun nak? also other venus

nakshatras like bharani, and poorvaphalguni?

Does this have any effects on venus as nakshatra lord?

Your insights most welcomed.

warmest regards

Sheevani

Guest guest

Dear Sheevani ji,

This is a enquiry which needs detailed studies and I have regretfully no time for such stuff. Maybe the other learned members could help you here.

regards,

Bhaskar.

www.shrikrishnajyotish.com

www.astrolife.com

www.ganeshaspeaks.com

, "sheevani147" <sheevani147 wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar ji and learnered members,> > Namaste ji,> > The lunar eclipse happened in the nakshatra Poorvaashada, What would be the effects on persons with that lagna, moon nak sun nak? also other venus nakshatras like bharani, and poorvaphalguni?> > Does this have any effects on venus as nakshatra lord?> > Your insights most welcomed.> > warmest regards> Sheevani>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskarji,

Namasteji,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I do appreciate that you are a very busy person, and I do love your 'down to

earth' method of teaching astrology.

warmest regards

Sheevani

, " Bhaskar " <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sheevani ji,

>

> This is a enquiry which needs detailed studies and I have regretfully no

> time for such stuff. Maybe the other learned members could help you

> here.

> regards, Bhaskar. www.shrikrishnajyotish.com

> <http://www.shrikrishnajyotish.com/> www.astrolife.com

> <http://www.astrolife.com/> www.ganeshaspeaks.com

> <http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/>

>

>

>

>

>

> , " sheevani147 " <sheevani147@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Bhaskar ji and learnered members,

> >

> > Namaste ji,

> >

> > The lunar eclipse happened in the nakshatra Poorvaashada, What would

> be the effects on persons with that lagna, moon nak sun nak? also other

> venus nakshatras like bharani, and poorvaphalguni?

> >

> > Does this have any effects on venus as nakshatra lord?

> >

> > Your insights most welcomed.

> >

> > warmest regards

> > Sheevani

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sheevani ji,Let me give it a try if it can help (of course it will not be anywhere near what you'd have got from Bhaskar ji)!It is generally believed that eclipses do not affect the nativities much, and they are more important in mundane and in the lives of public figures.

However, since all astronomical phenomenon do have a bearing on us, there must be some influence on the nativity, we may presume, but I have not come across any reliable reference/research on this aspect. More of anecdotal references to go by! Still a matter for research I guess and we must remain open for possibilities.

I am sharing some beliefs on this issue but they lack sound research support (telling you not to ask for references!). These should be taken in view of the other placements and lordships of the chart, dashas, etc. and the placement and strength of luminaries themselves.

Natives having a natal sensitive point, like born in an eclipse or having a prenatal eclipse are said to be predisposed to an influence of an eclipse. The cycle is about 18 years, when the eclipse comes back to the same cycle.

Eclipse has to be very specific, and not just when nodes are in the same degree as the luminaries or just being in the same sign or nakshatra or pada or sub. Longitude is involved, and if the luminaries are not visibly 'dim' there may be no eclipse. The visibility of eclipse is MOST important.

Eclipses have physical affect on all beings, hence every ndividual can be affected if exposed to the harmful rays. So that is general. Lunar eclipses mark the effect on mind and solar has an effect on the soul. That might be the reason why poojas were prescribed during eclipse, to keep ourselves indoor and strengthen our manas and atman. Effect of lunar eclipse lasts from 3-6 months and of solar from 6-12 months.

In a solar eclipse, which happens on the new moon, the moon makes a new beginning whereas a lunar eclipse recharges the soul with the manas having acquired strength from past experiences. The rashi and house where the eclipse occurs will give a clue to the area where a new experience or beginning is indicated. The nakshatra will denote how an individual may go about it on subtle planes.

Since the eclipse is said to overshadow the planet it touches or aspects, its effect could put some aspect of life into the dark or perhaps highlight an area which needs attention. When the eclipses hit the trikonas (here nakshtra triads also come in) in transit and other factors also align, in strength or weakness, interesting patterns of occurrences, experiences and behaviour may be observed.

An eclipse in the nakshatra of lagna perhaps, the native might need to pay more attention to his health. On moon/moon star, may be a new thinking! Eclipse on 10H cusp, 10L etc, might indicate loss of honour or a beginning of new work/job etc, provided dasha supports.  

Recently I came across a chart of a native who lost his job on the day of eclipse in Jan 2009. Born on Shukla Chaturdashi, this native came two days ahead of the lunar eclipse which occurred on 10.2.1971 in the cancer-capri axis. 2009 January solar eclipse also activated the same axis. You may take up this chart for study, 8th February, 1971

18:20 hours, New Delhi. As I said earlier, a sound support does not exist for such occurrences. Nevertheless, they are worth examining.Hope that helps.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelamji,

Namaste.

Thank you very much the information. I appreciate your care and concern too.

As a personal quest, I shall quietly observe any effects on my health and

relationship interaction patterns over the next 3 months. I shall also look at

the venusian and jupiterian effects.

The solar eclipse on the 22nd of July may cloud matters as it is happening in

pushya nak in cancer, 4th from moonsign and 8th hse from lagna, and pushya is a

naidhana tara for my chart. I shall be having 4 planets transiting pushya,. It

would definately be party time for pushya nakshatra!

I guess you too have cancer as your 8th hse and perhaps we can exchange

experiences too.

I shall definately look at the chart you gave and do take on board that eclipses

affect natives born during eclipses in a more profound way.

warmest regards

Sheevani

, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Sheevani ji,

>

> Let me give it a try if it can help (of course it will not be anywhere near

> what you'd have got from Bhaskar ji)!

>

> It is generally believed that eclipses do not affect the nativities much,

> and they are more important in mundane and in the lives of public figures.

>

> However, since all astronomical phenomenon do have a bearing on us, there

> must be some influence on the nativity, we may presume, but I have not come

> across any reliable reference/research on this aspect. More of anecdotal

> references to go by! Still a matter for research I guess and we must remain

> open for possibilities.

>

> I am sharing some beliefs on this issue but they lack sound research support

> (telling you not to ask for references!). These should be taken in view of

> the other placements and lordships of the chart, dashas, etc. and the

> placement and strength of luminaries themselves.

>

> Natives having a natal sensitive point, like born in an eclipse or having a

> prenatal eclipse are said to be predisposed to an influence of an eclipse.

> The cycle is about 18 years, when the eclipse comes back to the same cycle.

>

> Eclipse has to be very specific, and not just when nodes are in the same

> degree as the luminaries or just being in the same sign or nakshatra or pada

> or sub. Longitude is involved, and if the luminaries are not visibly 'dim'

> there may be no eclipse. The visibility of eclipse is MOST important.

>

> Eclipses have physical affect on all beings, hence every ndividual can be

> affected if exposed to the harmful rays. So that is general. Lunar eclipses

> mark the effect on mind and solar has an effect on the soul. That might be

> the reason why poojas were prescribed during eclipse, to keep ourselves

> indoor and strengthen our manas and atman. Effect of lunar eclipse lasts

> from 3-6 months and of solar from 6-12 months.

>

> In a solar eclipse, which happens on the new moon, the moon makes a new

> beginning whereas a lunar eclipse recharges the soul with the manas having

> acquired strength from past experiences. The rashi and house where the

> eclipse occurs will give a clue to the area where a new experience or

> beginning is indicated. The nakshatra will denote how an individual may go

> about it on subtle planes.

>

> Since the eclipse is said to overshadow the planet it touches or aspects,

> its effect could put some aspect of life into the dark or perhaps highlight

> an area which needs attention. When the eclipses hit the trikonas (here

> nakshtra triads also come in) in transit and other factors also align, in

> strength or weakness, interesting patterns of occurrences, experiences and

> behaviour may be observed.

>

> An eclipse in the nakshatra of lagna perhaps, the native might need to pay

> more attention to his health. On moon/moon star, may be a new thinking!

> Eclipse on 10H cusp, 10L etc, might indicate loss of honour or a beginning

> of new work/job etc, provided dasha supports.

>

> Recently I came across a chart of a native who lost his job on the day of

> eclipse in Jan 2009. Born on Shukla Chaturdashi, this native came two days

> ahead of the lunar eclipse which occurred on 10.2.1971 in the cancer-capri

> axis. 2009 January solar eclipse also activated the same axis. You may take

> up this chart for study, 8th February, 1971

> 18:20 hours, New Delhi. As I said earlier, a sound support does not exist

> for such occurrences. Nevertheless, they are worth examining.

>

> Hope that helps.

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Sheevani Ji & Neelam Ji,

Also interesting about the July 22nd eclipse is that the planteray ruler of Pushya nakshatra is Saturn and Saturn's dispositor Sun is eclipsed !!! Further if Cancer is 4th from moon sign and 8th from Lagna, then Saturn from Leo will aspect both the dispositor of Moon and Lagnesh !!!

Regards,

-Manoj

sheevani147 <sheevani147 Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 3:51:12 AM Re: Lunar Eclipse

Dear Neelamji,Namaste.Thank you very much the information. I appreciate your care and concern too.As a personal quest, I shall quietly observe any effects on my health and relationship interaction patterns over the next 3 months. I shall also look at the venusian and jupiterian effects.The solar eclipse on the 22nd of July may cloud matters as it is happening in pushya nak in cancer, 4th from moonsign and 8th hse from lagna, and pushya is a naidhana tara for my chart. I shall be having 4 planets transiting pushya,. It would definately be party time for pushya nakshatra!I guess you too have cancer as your 8th hse and perhaps we can exchange experiences too.I shall definately look at the chart you gave and do take on board that eclipses affect natives born during eclipses in a more profound way.warmest regardsSheevani, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sheevani ji,> > Let me give it a try if it can help (of course it will not be anywhere near> what you'd have got from Bhaskar ji)!> > It is generally believed that eclipses do not affect the nativities much,> and they are more important in mundane and in the lives of public figures.> > However, since all astronomical phenomenon do have a bearing on us, there> must be some influence on the nativity, we may presume, but I have not come> across any reliable reference/research on this aspect.. More of anecdotal> references to go by! Still a matter for research I guess and we must remain> open for possibilities.> > I am sharing some beliefs on this issue but they lack sound research

support> (telling you not to ask for references!) . These should be taken in view of> the other placements and lordships of the chart, dashas, etc. and the> placement and strength of luminaries themselves.> > Natives having a natal sensitive point, like born in an eclipse or having a> prenatal eclipse are said to be predisposed to an influence of an eclipse.> The cycle is about 18 years, when the eclipse comes back to the same cycle.> > Eclipse has to be very specific, and not just when nodes are in the same> degree as the luminaries or just being in the same sign or nakshatra or pada> or sub. Longitude is involved, and if the luminaries are not visibly 'dim'> there may be no eclipse. The visibility of eclipse is MOST important.> > Eclipses have physical affect on all beings, hence every ndividual can be> affected if exposed to the harmful rays. So

that is general. Lunar eclipses> mark the effect on mind and solar has an effect on the soul. That might be> the reason why poojas were prescribed during eclipse, to keep ourselves> indoor and strengthen our manas and atman. Effect of lunar eclipse lasts> from 3-6 months and of solar from 6-12 months.> > In a solar eclipse, which happens on the new moon, the moon makes a new> beginning whereas a lunar eclipse recharges the soul with the manas having> acquired strength from past experiences. The rashi and house where the> eclipse occurs will give a clue to the area where a new experience or> beginning is indicated. The nakshatra will denote how an individual may go> about it on subtle planes.> > Since the eclipse is said to overshadow the planet it touches or aspects,> its effect could put some aspect of life into the dark or perhaps highlight> an

area which needs attention. When the eclipses hit the trikonas (here> nakshtra triads also come in) in transit and other factors also align, in> strength or weakness, interesting patterns of occurrences, experiences and> behaviour may be observed.> > An eclipse in the nakshatra of lagna perhaps, the native might need to pay> more attention to his health. On moon/moon star, may be a new thinking!> Eclipse on 10H cusp, 10L etc, might indicate loss of honour or a beginning> of new work/job etc, provided dasha supports.> > Recently I came across a chart of a native who lost his job on the day of> eclipse in Jan 2009. Born on Shukla Chaturdashi, this native came two days> ahead of the lunar eclipse which occurred on 10.2.1971 in the cancer-capri> axis. 2009 January solar eclipse also activated the same axis. You may take> up this chart for study, 8th February,

1971> 18:20 hours, New Delhi. As I said earlier, a sound support does not exist> for such occurrences. Nevertheless, they are worth examining.> > Hope that helps.> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

Dear All

Kindly tell us the effect of eclipse of 22July09 on Pushya -Janma Nakshatra -3pada

as I am having Pushya nakshatra and CANCER moon sign.

Regards

Puneet Ahuja --- On Wed, 8/7/09, sheevani147 <sheevani147 wrote:

sheevani147 <sheevani147 Re: Lunar Eclipse Date: Wednesday, 8 July, 2009, 3:51 AM

Dear Neelamji,Namaste.Thank you very much the information. I appreciate your care and concern too.As a personal quest, I shall quietly observe any effects on my health and relationship interaction patterns over the next 3 months. I shall also look at the venusian and jupiterian effects.The solar eclipse on the 22nd of July may cloud matters as it is happening in pushya nak in cancer, 4th from moonsign and 8th hse from lagna, and pushya is a naidhana tara for my chart. I shall be having 4 planets transiting pushya,. It would definately be party time for pushya nakshatra!I guess you too have cancer as your 8th hse and perhaps we can exchange experiences too.I shall definately look at the chart you gave and do take on board that eclipses affect natives born during eclipses in a more profound way.warmest regardsSheevani, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sheevani ji,> > Let me give it a try if it can help (of course it will not be anywhere near> what you'd have got from Bhaskar ji)!> > It is generally believed that eclipses do not affect the nativities much,> and they are more important in mundane and in the lives of public figures..> > However, since all astronomical phenomenon do have a bearing on us, there> must be some influence on the nativity, we may presume, but I have not come> across any reliable reference/research on this aspect. More of anecdotal> references to go by! Still a matter for research I guess and we must remain> open for

possibilities.> > I am sharing some beliefs on this issue but they lack sound research support> (telling you not to ask for references!) . These should be taken in view of> the other placements and lordships of the chart, dashas, etc. and the> placement and strength of luminaries themselves.> > Natives having a natal sensitive point, like born in an eclipse or having a> prenatal eclipse are said to be predisposed to an influence of an eclipse.> The cycle is about 18 years, when the eclipse comes back to the same cycle.> > Eclipse has to be very specific, and not just when nodes are in the same> degree as the luminaries or just being in the same sign or nakshatra or pada> or sub. Longitude is involved, and if the luminaries are not visibly 'dim'> there may be no eclipse. The visibility of eclipse is MOST important.> > Eclipses have physical

affect on all beings, hence every ndividual can be> affected if exposed to the harmful rays. So that is general. Lunar eclipses> mark the effect on mind and solar has an effect on the soul. That might be> the reason why poojas were prescribed during eclipse, to keep ourselves> indoor and strengthen our manas and atman. Effect of lunar eclipse lasts> from 3-6 months and of solar from 6-12 months.> > In a solar eclipse, which happens on the new moon, the moon makes a new> beginning whereas a lunar eclipse recharges the soul with the manas having> acquired strength from past experiences. The rashi and house where the> eclipse occurs will give a clue to the area where a new experience or> beginning is indicated. The nakshatra will denote how an individual may go> about it on subtle planes.> > Since the eclipse is said to overshadow the planet it touches or

aspects,> its effect could put some aspect of life into the dark or perhaps highlight> an area which needs attention. When the eclipses hit the trikonas (here> nakshtra triads also come in) in transit and other factors also align, in> strength or weakness, interesting patterns of occurrences, experiences and> behaviour may be observed.> > An eclipse in the nakshatra of lagna perhaps, the native might need to pay> more attention to his health. On moon/moon star, may be a new thinking!> Eclipse on 10H cusp, 10L etc, might indicate loss of honour or a beginning> of new work/job etc, provided dasha supports.> > Recently I came across a chart of a native who lost his job on the day of> eclipse in Jan 2009. Born on Shukla Chaturdashi, this native came two days> ahead of the lunar eclipse which occurred on 10.2.1971 in the cancer-capri> axis. 2009 January

solar eclipse also activated the same axis. You may take> up this chart for study, 8th February, 1971> 18:20 hours, New Delhi. As I said earlier, a sound support does not exist> for such occurrences. Nevertheless, they are worth examining.> > Hope that helps.> > Regards> Neelam>

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Guest guest

Sheevani ji and Neelam ji,

Thank you for sharing the information.

I am a silent reader/member in this group and go through the mails to learn

whenever time permits.

I am sharing my experience with you all regarding this thread's topic. Mind

my english if i cant able to express.

I am an Introvert and speak/express very less but my mind goes on thinking

for any situation.

I have been in a great depression for the past two days as I am feeling

alone. Even though i was in this situation previously; but not this much of

hard time i had.

These two days i was scared how this situation leads to me.

This night i am going through this post and really surprised. I don't know

about the eclipse till the very moment of reading this mail. I have *Rahu

and Moon combination in 7th house in Virgo*. May be that is the reason of my

depression went to peak. Now i am really scared after this experience what

this combination will do to my marital life (i am still bachelor).

--

Regards

Srinivasa

2009/7/8 neelam gupta <neelamgupta07

>

>

> Dear Sheevani ji,

>

> Let me give it a try if it can help (of course it will not be anywhere near

> what you'd have got from Bhaskar ji)!

>

> It is generally believed that eclipses do not affect the nativities much,

> and they are more important in mundane and in the lives of public figures.

>

> However, since all astronomical phenomenon do have a bearing on us, there

> must be some influence on the nativity, we may presume, but I have not come

> across any reliable reference/research on this aspect. More of anecdotal

> references to go by! Still a matter for research I guess and we must remain

> open for possibilities.

>

> I am sharing some beliefs on this issue but they lack sound research

> support (telling you not to ask for references!). These should be taken in

> view of the other placements and lordships of the chart, dashas, etc. and

> the placement and strength of luminaries themselves.

>

> Natives having a natal sensitive point, like born in an eclipse or having a

> prenatal eclipse are said to be predisposed to an influence of an eclipse.

> The cycle is about 18 years, when the eclipse comes back to the same cycle.

>

> Eclipse has to be very specific, and not just when nodes are in the same

> degree as the luminaries or just being in the same sign or nakshatra or pada

> or sub. Longitude is involved, and if the luminaries are not visibly 'dim'

> there may be no eclipse. The visibility of eclipse is MOST important.

>

> Eclipses have physical affect on all beings, hence every ndividual can be

> affected if exposed to the harmful rays. So that is general. Lunar eclipses

> mark the effect on mind and solar has an effect on the soul. That might be

> the reason why poojas were prescribed during eclipse, to keep ourselves

> indoor and strengthen our manas and atman. Effect of lunar eclipse lasts

> from 3-6 months and of solar from 6-12 months.

>

> In a solar eclipse, which happens on the new moon, the moon makes a new

> beginning whereas a lunar eclipse recharges the soul with the manas having

> acquired strength from past experiences. The rashi and house where the

> eclipse occurs will give a clue to the area where a new experience or

> beginning is indicated. The nakshatra will denote how an individual may go

> about it on subtle planes.

>

> Since the eclipse is said to overshadow the planet it touches or aspects,

> its effect could put some aspect of life into the dark or perhaps highlight

> an area which needs attention. When the eclipses hit the trikonas (here

> nakshtra triads also come in) in transit and other factors also align, in

> strength or weakness, interesting patterns of occurrences, experiences and

> behaviour may be observed.

>

> An eclipse in the nakshatra of lagna perhaps, the native might need to pay

> more attention to his health. On moon/moon star, may be a new thinking!

> Eclipse on 10H cusp, 10L etc, might indicate loss of honour or a beginning

> of new work/job etc, provided dasha supports.

>

> Recently I came across a chart of a native who lost his job on the day of

> eclipse in Jan 2009. Born on Shukla Chaturdashi, this native came two days

> ahead of the lunar eclipse which occurred on 10.2.1971 in the cancer-capri

> axis. 2009 January solar eclipse also activated the same axis. You may take

> up this chart for study, 8th February, 1971

> 18:20 hours, New Delhi. As I said earlier, a sound support does not exist

> for such occurrences. Nevertheless, they are worth examining.

>

> Hope that helps.

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

>