IndiaDivine.org

The Taxi meter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Taxi Meter

Dear Friends,

This is not a story I am relating but something weighing on my mind.

In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by transporting people from one destination to another, than other towns and villages, and the mimimum fare is Rs.13- and if one travels at average speed of 30-40 kms per hr, then after an hours travelling one needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the Taxi Driver.

But this does not mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for each of the 12 hours he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not necessary that he gets an passenger immediately after the previous one leaves.

But this also remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still earns this much, once his meter has been put down after taking the passenger inside his cab.

This same principle applies to Astrologers. I take pride in my Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter.

Today evening an old client from London called me on my phone and spoke to me for 52 minutes about his and his wives chart and whatever queries he had put up. I did not ask him for advance since he is a good man , and I had told him that you may pay me after the consultation is over. I know he is a good man due to past experience wth him. Well today after the consultations were over, he asked me how much Fees must he deposit. I replied to him, " whatever you may feel appropriate ". Okay matter closed.

Sometime back he visited me on my chat and expressed his inability to transfer tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or whatever. I said no issues. He replied that he would do it on Monday. I said. Okay . Then before parting he shot me another line - Rs.500 would be okay ? Now this really made me sad. (I dont come cheap. Its either free or My defined Fees.) I did not wish to hurt this gentleman so I replied back that I dont need Fees now, and you better not send me presently but I will take a good amount after your new business is set up and you earn well from same. He is already working and actualy wanted to open some side business.

Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued cheaply, and if someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then he better pay me my Fees in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I have spent almost everyday in reading and studying astrology, after turning a teenager for last 30 years. And have high regards for my own education here, though of course there is no limit to study and one can learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this subject.

Another thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees, then it seems he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not talking about above case. This gentleman is a very refined man) . He expects the astrologer to answer him everytime whenever he calls him at his beck and call during the year. Please note that when we go to meet other professionals we have to pay Fees every time on every visit. But why must Astrologers be singled out and treated shabbily ?

The above mail is just to express my thoughts and remind the readers that astrologers like me have spent a Life time in study and now in the 4th quarter of our Lives, we are justified in demanding what we feel is appropriate. So we must not be taken for granted.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji, You are absolutely right. Similar would be the experience of all who indulged in professional astrology practice ever. This is the very reason for saying that, astrologers should mention the fees in advance and provide consultation - it is better to keep both sides clean. Ancient advices should be modified according to the psychology of the current society and the situation. This is the very importance of tradition and gurus. This is the very reason for kerala astrology gurus and tradition advice the astrologer to mention the fees in advance and keep thing clean and straight in the current scenario - everything remaining is an amendment - which if the astrologer accepts then should not complaint about. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> The Taxi Meter Dear Friends, This is not a story I am relating but> something weighing on my mind. In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by> transporting people from one destination to another, than other towns> and villages, and the mimimum fare is Rs.13- and if one travels at> average speed of 30-40 kms per hr, then after an hours travelling one> needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the Taxi Driver. But this does not> mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for each of the 12 hours> he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not necessary that he gets an> passenger immediately after the previous one leaves. But this also> remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still earns this much,> once his meter has been put down after taking the passenger inside his> cab. This same principle applies to Astrologers. I take pride in my> Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned> on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much> for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the> watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter. Today evening an old client> from London called me on my phone and spoke to me for 52 minutes about> his and his wives chart and whatever queries he had put up. I did not> ask him for advance since he is a good man , and I had told him that you> may pay me after the consultation is over. I know he is a good man due> to past experience wth him. Well today after the consultations were> over, he asked me how much Fees must he deposit. I replied to him, "> whatever you may feel appropriate ". Okay matter closed. Sometime> back he visited me on my chat and expressed his inability to transfer> tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or whatever. I said no issues. He> replied that he would do it on Monday. I said. Okay . Then before> parting he shot me another line - Rs.500 would be okay ? Now this really> made me sad. (I dont come cheap. Its either free or My defined Fees.) I> did not wish to hurt this gentleman so I replied back that I dont need> Fees now, and you better not send me presently but I will take a good> amount after your new business is set up and you earn well from same. He> is already working and actualy wanted to open some side business. > Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued> cheaply, and if someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then> he better pay me my Fees in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I> have spent almost everyday in reading and studying astrology, after> turning a teenager for last 30 years. And have high regards for my own> education here, though of course there is no limit to study and one can> learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this subject. Another> thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees, then it seems> he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not talking about above> case. This gentleman is a very refined man) . He expects the astrologer> to answer him everytime whenever he calls him at his beck and call> during the year. Please note that when we go to meet other professionals> we have to pay Fees every time on every visit. But why must Astrologers> be singled out and treated shabbily ? The above mail is just to> express my thoughts and remind the readers that astrologers like me have> spent a Life time in study and now in the 4th quarter of our Lives, we> are justified in demanding what we feel is appropriate. So we must not> be taken for granted. best wishes, Bhaskar.>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar-ji,

It's unfortunate that the interaction turned out the way it did. This could have been avoided. Both parties had expectations and those expectation were not communicated clearly to the other party. One way to avoid this kind of frustration that you had to endure, would be to state in no uncertain terms the fees for your services All professionals do that and you would not be out of line for explicitly stating the expected compensation for your services. You are a professional just like doctor or archtect - albeit in the divine science of astrology.

Not being privy to the discussion you two had, I can only speculate about what happened. When asked about fees for your services, you mentioned "whatever you may feel appropriate". This somewhat ambiguous response opened the door for miscommunication. If the Londoner was directed to the fees location on the home page or advised of the fees explicitly, perhaps this unfortunte interaction could have been avoided. Ambiguity is mother of all goof ups. Anyway, all said and done, the "teachable moment" (in Obama-speak) is to communicate explicitly. Please... my response is not to pass a judgment on who is at fault but just to demonstrate the damaging effects of ambiguity.

Re: your other point about one-time-consultation = hiring-astrologer-for-life-time, I am in complete agreement with you. Each "visit" to the astrologer is a separate service and must be compensated for. No two ways about it.

Oh well... tomorrow is a beautiful new day. Let's start afresh. Cheers!

-Nitin

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish The Taxi meter Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 1:04 PM

The Taxi Meter

Dear Friends,

In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by transporting people from one destination to another, than other towns and villages, and the mimimum fare is Rs.13- and if one travels at average speed of 30-40 kms per hr, then after an hours travelling one needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the Taxi Driver.

But this does not mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for each of the 12 hours he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not necessary that he gets an passenger immediately after the previous one leaves.

But this also remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still earns this much, once his meter has been put down after taking the passenger inside his cab.

This same principle applies to Astrologers.. I take pride in my Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter.

Today evening an old client from London called me on my phone and spoke to me for 52 minutes about his and his wives chart and whatever queries he had put up. I did not ask him for advance since he is a good man , and I had told him that you may pay me after the consultation is over. I know he is a good man due to past experience wth him. Well today after the consultations were over, he asked me how much Fees must he deposit. I replied to him, " whatever you may feel appropriate ". Okay matter closed.

Sometime back he visited me on my chat and expressed his inability to transfer tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or whatever. I said no issues. He replied that he would do it on Monday. I said. Okay . Then before parting he shot me another line - Rs.500 would be okay ? Now this really made me sad. (I dont come cheap. Its either free or My defined Fees.) I did not wish to hurt this gentleman so I replied back that I dont need Fees now, and you better not send me presently but I will take a good amount after your new business is set up and you earn well from same. He is already working and actualy wanted to open some side business.

Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued cheaply, and if someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then he better pay me my Fees in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I have spent almost everyday in reading and studying astrology, after turning a teenager for last 30 years. And have high regards for my own education here, though of course there is no limit to study and one can learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this subject.

Another thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees, then it seems he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not talking about above case. This gentleman is a very refined man) . He expects the astrologer to answer him everytime whenever he calls him at his beck and call during the year. Please note that when we go to meet other professionals we have to pay Fees every time on every visit. But why must Astrologers be singled out and treated shabbily ?

The above mail is just to express my thoughts and remind the readers that astrologers like me have spent a Life time in study and now in the 4th quarter of our Lives, we are justified in demanding what we feel is appropriate. So we must not be taken for granted.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Bhaskar,

You are so very correct. I appreciate the way you have put forward your case

with experience. The only solution left is that you inform your client before

hand. Once the client is informed let him decide to consult you or not.

In this manner the bitter experience which you have got can be avoided.

D. D. Trivedi

--- On Sun, 2/8/09, Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish

The Taxi meter

Sunday, 2 August, 2009, 1:35 AM

The Taxi Meter

Dear Friends,

In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by transporting people from one destination

to another, than other towns and villages, and the mimimum fare is Rs.13- and if

one travels at average speed of 30-40 kms per hr, then after an hours travelling

one needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the Taxi Driver.

But this does not mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for each of

the 12 hours he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not necessary that he gets

an passenger immediately after the previous one leaves.

But this also remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still earns this

much, once his meter has been put down after taking the passenger inside his

cab.

This same principle applies to Astrologers. I take pride in my Knowledge and

expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned on my website as

Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much for every hour of the

day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the watch starts ticking, like

theTaxi meter.

Today evening an old client from London called me on my phone and spoke to me

for 52 minutes about his and his wives chart and whatever queries he had put up.

I did not ask him for advance since he is a good man , and I had told him that

you may pay me after the consultation is over. I know he is a good man due to

past experience wth him. Well today after the consultations were over, he asked

me how much Fees must he deposit. I replied to him, " whatever you may feel

appropriate " . Okay matter closed. 

Sometime back he visited me on my chat and  expressed his inability to transfer

tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or whatever. I said no issues. He replied

that he would do it on Monday. I said. Okay . Then before parting he shot me

another line - Rs.500 would be okay ? Now this really made me sad. (I dont come

cheap. Its either free or My defined Fees.) I did not wish to hurt this

gentleman so I replied back that I dont need Fees now, and you better not send

me presently but I will take a good amount after your new business is set up and

you earn well from same. He is already working and actualy wanted to open some

side business.

Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued cheaply, and if

someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then he better pay me my Fees

in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I have spent almost everyday in

reading and studying astrology, after turning a teenager for last 30 years. And

have high regards for my own education here, though of course there is no limit

to study and one can learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this

subject. 

Another thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees, then it seems

he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not talking about above case.

This gentleman is a very refined man) . He expects the astrologer to answer him

everytime whenever he calls him at his beck and call during the year. Please

note that when we go to meet other professionals we have to pay Fees every time

on every visit. But why must Astrologers be singled out and treated shabbily ?

The above mail is just to express my thoughts and remind the readers that

astrologers like me have spent a Life time in study and now in the 4th quarter

of our Lives, we are justified in demanding what we feel is appropriate. So we

must not be taken for granted.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

See the Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out

Buzz. http://in.buzz./

Guest guest

Dear Nitin,

well balanced analysis and good suggestion.

with regards,

T.R.RAO

0409985963116--- On Sun, 2/8/09, Nitin Patil <enpy91 wrote:

Nitin Patil <enpy91Re: The Taxi meter Date: Sunday, 2 August, 2009, 5:12 AM

Dear Bhaskar-ji,

It's unfortunate that the interaction turned out the way it did. This could have been avoided. Both parties had expectations and those expectation were not communicated clearly to the other party. One way to avoid this kind of frustration that you had to endure, would be to state in no uncertain terms the fees for your services All professionals do that and you would not be out of line for explicitly stating the expected compensation for your services. You are a professional just like doctor or archtect - albeit in the divine science of astrology.

Not being privy to the discussion you two had, I can only speculate about what happened. When asked about fees for your services, you mentioned "whatever you may feel appropriate" . This somewhat ambiguous response opened the door for miscommunication. If the Londoner was directed to the fees location on the home page or advised of the fees explicitly, perhaps this unfortunte interaction could have been avoided. Ambiguity is mother of all goof ups. Anyway, all said and done, the "teachable moment" (in Obama-speak) is to communicate explicitly. Please... my response is not to pass a judgment on who is at fault but just to demonstrate the damaging effects of ambiguity.

Re: your other point about one-time-consultati on = hiring-astrologer- for-life- time, I am in complete agreement with you. Each "visit" to the astrologer is a separate service and must be compensated for. No two ways about it.

Oh well... tomorrow is a beautiful new day. Let's start afresh. Cheers!

-Nitin

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish@ .co. in> wrote:

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish@ .co. in> The Taxi meterSaturday, August 1, 2009, 1:04 PM

The Taxi Meter

Dear Friends,

This same principle applies to Astrologers.. . I take pride in my Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Guest guest

Dear Nitin ji,

I read your mail first thing in the morning but did not reply thinking

that this issue must not be re-opened in the morning.

Your mail is informative as to the causes for such happennings and

measures to avoid the same.

Specific and explicit understanding being absent causes the set of

quandaries which I was witness of. I would say it was my mistake by not

being clear in my expressions. In any case I was expecting Rs.2000 and

not Rs.5ooo- since he had taken consultations from me before too, in the

distant past,for other issues, so did not wish him to be burdened

further. But I should have mentioned so, but as said old habits die hard

and asking for money is something I was never comfortable with, and have

to force it from my insides.

But everday is a learning process and we learn from past mistakes, and

hope I do so too and become better in future.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, Nitin Patil <enpy91 wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar-ji,

> Â

> It's unfortunate that the interaction turned out the way it did. This

could have been avoided. Both parties had expectations and those

expectation were not communicated clearly to the other party. One way to

avoid this kind of frustration that you had to endure, would be to state

in no uncertain terms the fees for your services All professionals

do that and you would not be out of line for explicitly stating the

expected compensation for your services. You are a professional just

like doctor or archtect - albeit in the divine science of astrology.Â

> Â

> Not being privy to the discussion you two had, I can only speculate

about what happened. When asked about fees for your services, you

mentioned " whatever you may feel appropriate " . This somewhat ambiguous

response opened the door for miscommunication. If the Londoner

was directed to the fees location on the home page or advised of the

fees explicitly, perhaps this unfortunte interaction could have been

avoided. Ambiguity is mother of all goof ups. Anyway, all said and done,

the " teachable moment " (in Obama-speak) is to communicate explicitly.

Please... my response is not to pass a judgment on who is at fault but

just to demonstrate the damaging effects of ambiguity.

> Â

> Re: your other point about one-time-consultation =

hiring-astrologer-for-life-time, I am in complete agreement with you.

Each " visit " to the astrologer is a separate service and must be

compensated for. No two ways about it..

> Â

> Oh well... tomorrow is a beautiful new day. Let's start afresh.

Cheers!

> Â

> -Nitin

>

>

> --- On Sat, 8/1/09, Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

>

>

> Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish

> The Taxi meter

>

> Saturday, August 1, 2009, 1:04 PM

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

> The Taxi Meter

> Â

> Dear Friends,

> Â

> This is not a story I am relating but something weighing on my mind.

> Â

> In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by transporting people from one

destination to another, than other towns and villages, and the mimimum

fare is Rs.13- and if one travels at average speed of 30-40 kms per hr,

then after an hours travelling one needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the

Taxi Driver.

> Â

> But this does not mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for

each of the 12 hours he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not

necessary that he gets an passenger immediately after the previous one

leaves.

> Â

> But this also remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still

earns this much, once his meter has been put down after taking the

passenger inside his cab.

> Â

> This same principle applies to Astrologers. I take pride in my

Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned

on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much

for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the

watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter.

> Â

> Today evening an old client from London called me on my phone and

spoke to me for 52 minutes about his and his wives chart and whatever

queries he had put up. I did not ask him for advance since he is a good

man , and I had told him that you may pay me after the consultation is

over. I know he is a good man due to past experience wth him. Well today

after the consultations were over, he asked me how much Fees must he

deposit. I replied to him, " whatever you may feel appropriate " . Okay

matter closed.Â

> Â

> Sometime back he visited me on my chat and expressed his

inability to transfer tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or

whatever. I said no issues. He replied that he would do it on Monday. I

said. Okay . Then before parting he shot me another line - Rs.500 would

be okay ? Now this really made me sad. (I dont come cheap. Its

either free or My defined Fees.) I did not wish to hurt this gentleman

so I replied back that I dont need Fees now, and you better not send me

presently but I will take a good amount after your new business is

set up and you earn well from same. He is already working and

actualy wanted to open some side business.

> Â

> Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued

cheaply, and if someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then

he better pay me my Fees in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I

have spent almost everyday in reading and studying astrology, after

turning a teenager for last 30 years. And have high regards for my own

education here, though of course there is no limit to study and one can

learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this subject.Â

> Â

> Another thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees,

then it seems he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not

talking about above case. This gentleman is a very refined man) . He

expects the astrologer to answer him everytime whenever he calls him at

his beck and call during the year. Please note that when we go to meet

other professionals we have to pay Fees every time on every visit. But

why must Astrologers be singled out and treated shabbily ?

> Â

> The above mail is just to express my thoughts and remind the readers

that astrologers like me have spent a Life time in study and now in the

4th quarter of our Lives, we are justified in demanding what we feel is

appropriate. So we must not be taken for granted.

> Â

> best wishes,

> Bhaskar.

>