IndiaDivine.org

q

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Ramdas Raoji,

Navamsa represents dharma. Then why we should check back the placements & conjoins of the planets in rashi - to determine ista or palanadevata etc.? i am bit confused on this.

regards

jk

-

Ramadas Rao

varahamihira

Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:44 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Q

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Dasguptaji,

Prashna Margam has not written about this but as you said 12th from AK in Navmasha whcih indicates a particular Ishta Devatha can be identified by the method which I wrote.The planet in 12th in AK in Navamsha can be checked in the Rasi chart and deity can be known by this simple method.

With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

"j.k. dasgupta" <dgassociates wrote:

Dear Randas Raoji,

Thanks for the nice mail.

In 2nd, 3rd & 4th sloka various placements of kuja, budha, shukra etc. have been told. Now, for seeing Ista (indicated by planet at 12th from karakamsa) or any other such devatas (viz. palana devata) are judged from the D9. So in my view, the dieties for Ista or palanadevata are to be judged by the planets' D9 placements and conjoins - as told in prashna margam, unless it is specifically mentioned to see drekana.

Am i correct or I am missing something here? Please give yr views on this.

Regards

jk

-

Ramadas Rao

varahamihira

Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:15 PM

OM NAMAO NARAYANAYA

Dear Dasguptaji and Sarbaniji,

I can give some intrpretations form Prashna Margam:

arkaù çambhurudährutokhila gruheñvarko yadi dvandvabhe

drekkäne prathame guhotra kathito vighneçvaro madhyame||

durgä çétakaro balé savibalaù käÿé sa eväbalaçcämundé

pramukhästamoguëajuño bhaumälaystho yadi||

Meaning Surya is Karaka for Lord Shiva,but in all Dwiswabhava Rashis ie.,Mithuna,Kanya,Dhanu and Meena,1st drekkana ,we should pray to Lord Subrahmanya or Skanda.If Surya is in Madhya Drekkana ( Middle ),then the deity is Ganapathy.In all other Rashis ,Surya indicates Lord Shiva.

If Chandra is strong,then the deity will be the good Avataras of Durga like Vana Durga,Arya Durga,Jala Durga etc.., If Chandra is weak,then the deities will be Kali,Bhadra Kali,Maha Kali etc.,the Rajasic type of Female deities.If weak Chandra is in Mesha or Vrischika,then Chamundi has to be prayed.Even Chandra is in Mesha or Vrischikamsha also then Chamundi has to be prayed.

Now according to Keraleeya System,in dwiswabhava rasis,1-2-3 Navamshas indicates Subrahmanya or Skanda,4-5-6 Navamshas indicate Lord Ganapathy.In every Rashi,if 1-5-9th dwadamshas fall for either Surya,or Kuja or Guru,then Ganapathy has to be prayed,4-8-12th Dwadadhamsha for Chandra,Surya,Kuja,Guru,then Subrahmany has to be prayed.In Dwiswabhava Rasis ,if Guru occupies 1-2-3 rd Navamsha,then Subrahmanya is the God to be prayed,and if in 4-5-6th navamshas,then Ganapathy has to be prayed.

kumäro bhairavädirvä sväçritarkñavaçätkujaù|

cämundibhadrakäÿyadyäù sacedyugma samäçritaù||

In Satwik odd signs like Simha and Dhanu,which are occupied by Kuja,then Subrahmanya has to be prayed,in other odd signs ie.,Mesha,Tula,Kumbha,Kuja indicates Bhairava,an avatara of Lord Shiva.If Kuja occupies any of even signs,then Chamundi ,Bhadrakali etc.Ugra Devi Amshas have to be prayed.

çré rämädyavatära viñëuritarakñetreñu candrätmajo

pyantyatryaàçagataù sthire tu bhavane yadyeña gopälakaù|

tryaàçentyetra sa viñëureva hi puarjévo mahäviñëura

pyuktoyaà hyakhileçvarotra tu bhidä jneyä graharkñänvayät||

If Budha occupies any of the chara Rasis and any of the Dwisvabhava Rasis,then Vishnu Avatara like Sri Rama,Narasimha,Parashurama,Vithala,Vamana etc.,have to be prayed.If Budha occupies any of the Sthira Rashis 1st and 2nd Drekkana,then Gopala Krishna has to be prayed.If Budha occupies 3rd Drekkana of any of the Sthira Rashis,then Vishnu in different forms of Saligrama has to be worshipped. Guru indicates Lord Vishnu.But Guru's position in different Rashis also indicate some Deities.Simha Guru and Simamshaka Guru with Surya indicates Lord Shiva,if Guru is with Chandra,then Godess Durga has to be worshipped,If with Kuja,Subrahmanya has to be worshipped.Also in case of Shivites Guru indicates Lord Shiva,for Vaishnavites,Guru indicates Lord Vishnu,for Shaakteyas Shakti Devata and for Gaanapatha ,Guru indicates Ganapathy.Like this the different God worship has to be determined from Guru.

annapürëeçvaré lakñmé yakñé vä bhrugunandanaù|

mandaù çästädikaà daivaà rahuù sarpagaëa smrutaù

From Shukra,Godess Annapurneshwari and Lakshmi have to be thought.If Shukra is in Swakeshetra,then one can worship Godess Lakshmi or Annapurneshwari.In auspicious houses Godess Lakshmi has to be worshipped and in evil houses ,Yakshi an Amsha of Godess has to be worshipped.From Shani,Shaastara has to be prayed ( Ayyappa Swami of Shabarimala ) Rahu indicates Sarpa and Sarpa Ganas.According to Jaimini ,Kethu refers to the worship of Lord Ganapathy.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao."j.k. dasgupta" <dgassociates wrote:

dear sarbani,

yes, Harihara does not specifically mentions it. so my interpretation was,

1. when seeing ista from 12th of karakamsa, the placement and conjoins in navamsa to be seen

2. when seeing other dieties say for badhakesha in rashi, placements etc. in rashi to be seen

not sure if i am correct.

regards

jk

-

Sarbani Sarkar

varahamihira

Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:20 PM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Q

Dear JKda,

Harihara does not mention Navamsa, but speaks of the deity represented by the planets in any of the houses. Also he does not speak of Ishta specifically. Merely, what I gathered, what would be the nature of the deity when placed in certain signs. The deities maybe those whom we ought to worship or desire to worship.

Best regards,

Sarbani

j.k. dasgupta [dgassociates]Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:04 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Q

Dear Visti,

Are the placement of ven in the sign of rajasik, satwik etc. or any other such combinations of planets (as explained by Harihara), to determine Ista - to be seen in rashi or navamsa? I think it should be seen in navamsa.

Best regards

jk

-

Visti Larsen

varahamihira

Monday, August 04, 2003 2:36 PM

|Vyam Vyasadevaaya Namah|Dear Karen,

We normally understand that it was Vishnu in the form of Mohini who lured the Asuras, and not Saraswati. This is given in the Bhagavad Purana and other classics as well.

Rahu is Sarpa. Have no doubt about it. It indicates snakes and snake worship. But to avoid that the person goes on this dark path, we ask them to worship Durgatinashinyai, or just; Durga. We do this, as Durga has the power to keep rahu under control. Take one of her names; Chamundi. These means the killer of the demon 'Cham'. She has similar names given due to her fighting with the Asuras.

So Sarasvati cannot be indicated by Rahu... Here we look to Harihara (author of Prasna Marga) who states that Venus in a sign lorded by Rajasic planets (Venus, Mercury) indicates Saraswati. Similarly when under the influence of Sattvic planets (Sun, Moon, Jupiter) it indicates Laxmi, whilst under Tamas it indicates Yakshi.

Now must you worship this specific form? Not necessarily. The most purest form (Laxmi - Sattva Guna or higher forms; Parasurama, Rshikesha) should be preferred, as the worship will also mold our own nature. Also this will depend on context, say a deity becomes ones badhak due to it being neglected.

Best wishesVisti---Sri Jagannath Center: http://.orgBhagavad Purana: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.orgiTRANS 99 Font: http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org

-

Karen Skoler

varahamihira

Monday, August 04, 2003 2:25 AM

Dear Anna,

Perhaps you know that Jaimini wrote in sloka 1.2.78

"Rahu in the 12th house ( from karakamsa) shows devotion towards Tamasi ( destroyer of darkenss) or Durga ( destroyer of all evils)"

I've never heard of Saraswati represented by Rahu. To me it doesn't make sense. Saraswati is the consort of Bramha the creator and is known as the goddess of knowledge, creativity and musical instruments. Did the other list give any reasons why Saraswati would be represented by Rahu?

I just found this story on the web about Saraswati and Rahu that may be of interest.

"The gods and the demons by the mutual agreement decided to churn the ocean for the Amrit or the elixir of life. Mainak mountain was used as the churning rod and Basuki as the churning rope. When Lakshmi appeared with the Amrit kumbha both wanted the elixir. Saraswati with her exquisite beauty lured away the asuras. As the gods were drinking the Amrit, Rahu and Ketu, two asuras saw them and slipped with the Gods. As they drank the Amrit which would make them immoral like the gods, Vishnu detected them. He immediately cut off their heads. The two enraged asuras, swallowed the sun and moon but could not retain them as their throats where cut. This led to the origin of solar and lunar eclipse. Saraswati, who was instrumental in helping the Gods to be immortal, was established in the heaven as the Goddess Saraswati."

Best Wishes,

Karen

-

N.Anna

varahamihira

Friday, August 01, 2003 6:07 PM

I've read on another list that Goddess Sarswati /?/ is considered Ishta Devata for Rahu.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks to all,

Anna

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Dasguptaji,

I understand your problem.Now for example,in the Navamsha Karka Rasi is Karakamsha and 12th from this Rasi ie.,Mithuna Rasi indicates the deity to be worshipped.Now suppose Surya is there,then we can say Lord Shiva has to be worshipped as Ishta Devatha but if we go slightly deeper,if we know the degrees of Surya and as per Prashna Margam ,we can fix the exact deity.

Now according to Prashna Margam Author( According to me his name is not Hariharan and he has not mentioned his name at all but he said his father was a great worshipper of Shiva but he was a great worshipper of Sri Vishnu ),the praying of appropriate deity is used maily as Badha Devatha ie., suppose if for Meena Lagna,Budha becomes a Badhaka and he says by worshipping the Badha Murthys connected Budha ie,depending on the degrees of Budha ,in the manner he described to fix the deity,the problems can be overcome.Because fixing of deities comes in Badha Samuha Vivarana chapter.

I hope this helps you.

With Sri Narayana nama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

Dear Ramdas Raoji,

Navamsa represents dharma. Then why we should check back the placements & conjoins of the planets in rashi - to determine ista or palanadevata etc.? i am bit confused on this.

regards

jk

-

Ramadas Rao

varahamihira

Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:44 AM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Dasguptaji,

Prashna Margam has not written about this but as you said 12th from AK in Navmasha whcih indicates a particular Ishta Devatha can be identified by the method which I wrote.The planet in 12th in AK in Navamsha can be checked in the Rasi chart and deity can be known by this simple method.

Ramadas Rao.

Dear Randas Raoji,

Thanks for the nice mail.

In 2nd, 3rd & 4th sloka various placements of kuja, budha, shukra etc. have been told. Now, for seeing Ista (indicated by planet at 12th from karakamsa) or any other such devatas (viz. palana devata) are judged from the D9. So in my view, the dieties for Ista or palanadevata are to be judged by the planets' D9 placements and conjoins - as told in prashna margam, unless it is specifically mentioned to see drekana.

Am i correct or I am missing something here? Please give yr views on this.

Regards

jk

-

Ramadas Rao

varahamihira

Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:15 PM

OM NAMAO NARAYANAYA

Dear Dasguptaji and Sarbaniji,

I can give some intrpretations form Prashna Margam:

arkaù çambhurudährutokhila gruheñvarko yadi dvandvabhe

drekkäne prathame guhotra kathito vighneçvaro madhyame||

durgä çétakaro balé savibalaù käÿé sa eväbalaçcämundé

pramukhästamoguëajuño bhaumälaystho yadi||

Meaning Surya is Karaka for Lord Shiva,but in all Dwiswabhava Rashis ie.,Mithuna,Kanya,Dhanu and Meena,1st drekkana ,we should pray to Lord Subrahmanya or Skanda.If Surya is in Madhya Drekkana ( Middle ),then the deity is Ganapathy.In all other Rashis ,Surya indicates Lord Shiva.

If Chandra is strong,then the deity will be the good Avataras of Durga like Vana Durga,Arya Durga,Jala Durga etc.., If Chandra is weak,then the deities will be Kali,Bhadra Kali,Maha Kali etc.,the Rajasic type of Female deities.If weak Chandra is in Mesha or Vrischika,then Chamundi has to be prayed.Even Chandra is in Mesha or Vrischikamsha also then Chamundi has to be prayed.

Now according to Keraleeya System,in dwiswabhava rasis,1-2-3 Navamshas indicates Subrahmanya or Skanda,4-5-6 Navamshas indicate Lord Ganapathy.In every Rashi,if 1-5-9th dwadamshas fall for either Surya,or Kuja or Guru,then Ganapathy has to be prayed,4-8-12th Dwadadhamsha for Chandra,Surya,Kuja,Guru,then Subrahmany has to be prayed.In Dwiswabhava Rasis ,if Guru occupies 1-2-3 rd Navamsha,then Subrahmanya is the God to be prayed,and if in 4-5-6th navamshas,then Ganapathy has to be prayed.

kumäro bhairavädirvä sväçritarkñavaçätkujaù|

cämundibhadrakäÿyadyäù sacedyugma samäçritaù||

In Satwik odd signs like Simha and Dhanu,which are occupied by Kuja,then Subrahmanya has to be prayed,in other odd signs ie.,Mesha,Tula,Kumbha,Kuja indicates Bhairava,an avatara of Lord Shiva.If Kuja occupies any of even signs,then Chamundi ,Bhadrakali etc.Ugra Devi Amshas have to be prayed.

çré rämädyavatära viñëuritarakñetreñu candrätmajo

pyantyatryaàçagataù sthire tu bhavane yadyeña gopälakaù|

tryaàçentyetra sa viñëureva hi puarjévo mahäviñëura

pyuktoyaà hyakhileçvarotra tu bhidä jneyä graharkñänvayät||

If Budha occupies any of the chara Rasis and any of the Dwisvabhava Rasis,then Vishnu Avatara like Sri Rama,Narasimha,Parashurama,Vithala,Vamana etc.,have to be prayed.If Budha occupies any of the Sthira Rashis 1st and 2nd Drekkana,then Gopala Krishna has to be prayed.If Budha occupies 3rd Drekkana of any of the Sthira Rashis,then Vishnu in different forms of Saligrama has to be worshipped. Guru indicates Lord Vishnu.But Guru's position in different Rashis also indicate some Deities.Simha Guru and Simamshaka Guru with Surya indicates Lord Shiva,if Guru is with Chandra,then Godess Durga has to be worshipped,If with Kuja,Subrahmanya has to be worshipped.Also in case of Shivites Guru indicates Lord Shiva,for Vaishnavites,Guru indicates Lord Vishnu,for Shaakteyas Shakti Devata and for Gaanapatha ,Guru indicates Ganapathy.Like this the different God worship has to be determined from Guru.

annapürëeçvaré lakñmé yakñé vä bhrugunandanaù|

mandaù çästädikaà daivaà rahuù sarpagaëa smrutaù

From Shukra,Godess Annapurneshwari and Lakshmi have to be thought.If Shukra is in Swakeshetra,then one can worship Godess Lakshmi or Annapurneshwari.In auspicious houses Godess Lakshmi has to be worshipped and in evil houses ,Yakshi an Amsha of Godess has to be worshipped.From Shani,Shaastara has to be prayed ( Ayyappa Swami of Shabarimala ) Rahu indicates Sarpa and Sarpa Ganas.According to Jaimini ,Kethu refers to the worship of Lord Ganapathy.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao."j.k. dasgupta" <dgassociates wrote:

dear sarbani,

yes, Harihara does not specifically mentions it. so my interpretation was,

1. when seeing ista from 12th of karakamsa, the placement and conjoins in navamsa to be seen

2. when seeing other dieties say for badhakesha in rashi, placements etc. in rashi to be seen

not sure if i am correct.

regards

jk

-

Sarbani Sarkar

varahamihira

Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:20 PM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Q

Dear JKda,

Harihara does not mention Navamsa, but speaks of the deity represented by the planets in any of the houses. Also he does not speak of Ishta specifically. Merely, what I gathered, what would be the nature of the deity when placed in certain signs. The deities maybe those whom we ought to worship or desire to worship.

Best regards,

Sarbani

j.k. dasgupta [dgassociates]Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:04 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Q

Dear Visti,

Are the placement of ven in the sign of rajasik, satwik etc. or any other such combinations of planets (as explained by Harihara), to determine Ista - to be seen in rashi or navamsa? I think it should be seen in navamsa.

Best regards

jk

-

Visti Larsen

varahamihira

Monday, August 04, 2003 2:36 PM

|Vyam Vyasadevaaya Namah|Dear Karen,

We normally understand that it was Vishnu in the form of Mohini who lured the Asuras, and not Saraswati. This is given in the Bhagavad Purana and other classics as well.

Rahu is Sarpa. Have no doubt about it. It indicates snakes and snake worship. But to avoid that the person goes on this dark path, we ask them to worship Durgatinashinyai, or just; Durga. We do this, as Durga has the power to keep rahu under control. Take one of her names; Chamundi. These means the killer of the demon 'Cham'. She has similar names given due to her fighting with the Asuras.

So Sarasvati cannot be indicated by Rahu... Here we look to Harihara (author of Prasna Marga) who states that Venus in a sign lorded by Rajasic planets (Venus, Mercury) indicates Saraswati. Similarly when under the influence of Sattvic planets (Sun, Moon, Jupiter) it indicates Laxmi, whilst under Tamas it indicates Yakshi.

Now must you worship this specific form? Not necessarily. The most purest form (Laxmi - Sattva Guna or higher forms; Parasurama, Rshikesha) should be preferred, as the worship will also mold our own nature. Also this will depend on context, say a deity becomes ones badhak due to it being neglected.

Best wishesVisti---Sri Jagannath Center: http://.orgBhagavad Purana: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.orgiTRANS 99 Font: http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org

-

Karen Skoler

varahamihira

Monday, August 04, 2003 2:25 AM

Dear Anna,

Perhaps you know that Jaimini wrote in sloka 1.2.78

"Rahu in the 12th house ( from karakamsa) shows devotion towards Tamasi ( destroyer of darkenss) or Durga ( destroyer of all evils)"

I've never heard of Saraswati represented by Rahu. To me it doesn't make sense. Saraswati is the consort of Bramha the creator and is known as the goddess of knowledge, creativity and musical instruments. Did the other list give any reasons why Saraswati would be represented by Rahu?

I just found this story on the web about Saraswati and Rahu that may be of interest.

"The gods and the demons by the mutual agreement decided to churn the ocean for the Amrit or the elixir of life. Mainak mountain was used as the churning rod and Basuki as the churning rope. When Lakshmi appeared with the Amrit kumbha both wanted the elixir. Saraswati with her exquisite beauty lured away the asuras. As the gods were drinking the Amrit, Rahu and Ketu, two asuras saw them and slipped with the Gods. As they drank the Amrit which would make them immoral like the gods, Vishnu detected them. He immediately cut off their heads. The two enraged asuras, swallowed the sun and moon but could not retain them as their throats where cut. This led to the origin of solar and lunar eclipse. Saraswati, who was instrumental in helping the Gods to be immortal, was established in the heaven as the Goddess Saraswati."

Best Wishes,

Karen

-

N.Anna

varahamihira

Friday, August 01, 2003 6:07 PM

I've read on another list that Goddess Sarswati /?/ is considered Ishta Devata for Rahu.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks to all,

Anna

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

• 3 months later...

Dear List,

My PL6 software has numerous dasas- for Vimsottari it automatically goes to Moon as starting point /it can be changed for any other staring point- Lagna, Sun, planets../

For Narayana and Sree Lagna Kendradi Dasas etc, it goes to Lagna as a starting point automatically /can be changed/

I am wondering now if there is any reason Lagna is given as a first choice for Narayana D?

I've had some ideas for the reasons why that may be the option of choice for Narayana /rashi dasa?/ but am not sure.

Do you follow the strength rule here also?

What do you commontly use as a Narayana Start-point, and why?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Anna

-- _________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Dear Anna,

The narayana dasa in a rasi chart should begin from either the lagna or the seventh house depending on which one is stronger. Yes, you follow the rules of stregnth i.e. rasi with more planets, aspects of mercury/Jupiter etc. If you'd like to learn for of the rules of Narayana dasa, I would recommend Pt. Sanjay Rath book entitled "Narayana dasa"

Regards,

Karen

Dear List,

My PL6 software has numerous dasas- for Vimsottari it automatically goes to Moon as starting point /it can be changed for any other staring point- Lagna, Sun, planets../

For Narayana and Sree Lagna Kendradi Dasas etc, it goes to Lagna as a starting point automatically /can be changed/

I am wondering now if there is any reason Lagna is given as a first choice for Narayana D?

I've had some ideas for the reasons why that may be the option of choice for Narayana /rashi dasa?/ but am not sure.

I would appreciate your response.

Dear Karen,

Thanks for your response. However I assumed that software programes for some reasons make one option 'default' and I assumed that was the case here. Though Sanjay's book explained that well.

Thank you for confirmation- it is exactly what I needed-software manual doesn't explain much, and PL gives so many dasas with prefered starting point for each- so I wanted to be sure.

Warmest wishes,

Anna-Karen Skoler Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:00:12 -0500varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Q

Dear Anna,

The narayana dasa in a rasi chart should begin from either the lagna or the seventh house depending on which one is stronger. Yes, you follow the rules of stregnth i.e. rasi with more planets, aspects of mercury/Jupiter etc. If you'd like to learn for of the rules of Narayana dasa, I would recommend Pt. Sanjay Rath book entitled "Narayana dasa"

Regards,

Karen

Dear List,

I would appreciate your response.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Dear Asheesh,

Please go for Sanskrit Version with Hindi Translation. You would

love reading it. It works like magic for anyone reciting this daily,

with love and affection for the Lord.You should find one copy with

the Gita press Bookshop if any,near to your city of residence.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, " Asheesh N. " <ni_ash1

wrote:

>

> Respected Bhaskarji,

>

> You recommended Gopala sahastranama to somebody,as a

> curiocity i searched but could only find an english

> version ie sanskrit written in english with some

> special characters used which is difficult to

> understand,if u do have Pl send link for sanskrit

> version of the aformentioned,

>

> regards

> Asheesh

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Respected sir,

do gopalasahastranama and vishnu sahastranama produce

same results or diff,and say if one is not able to

recite himself,will playing its mp3 and hearing with

devotion will work?

thanks for kind previous reply

truly urs

Asheesh

--- Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

> Dear Asheesh,

>

> Please go for Sanskrit Version with Hindi

> Translation. You would

> love reading it. It works like magic for anyone

> reciting this daily,

> with love and affection for the Lord.You should find

> one copy with

> the Gita press Bookshop if any,near to your city of

> residence.

>

> regards,

> Bhaskar.

>

>

> , " Asheesh

> N. " <ni_ash1

> wrote:

> >

> > Respected Bhaskarji,

> >

> > You recommended Gopala sahastranama to somebody,as

> a

> > curiocity i searched but could only find an

> english

> > version ie sanskrit written in english with some

> > special characters used which is difficult to

> > understand,if u do have Pl send link for sanskrit

> > version of the aformentioned,

> >

> > regards

> > Asheesh

> >

> >

> >

> > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

> >

> >

SURRENDER JOYFULLY TO THE WILL OF THE ULTIMATE

> DIVINITY AND RELISH THE TASTE OF ABSOLUTE BLISS.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Respected sir,

do gopalasahastranama and vishnu sahastranama produce

same results or diff,and say if one is not able to

recite himself,will playing its mp3 and hearing with

devotion will work?

thanks for kind previous reply

truly urs

Asheesh

--- Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

> Dear Asheesh,

>

> Please go for Sanskrit Version with Hindi

> Translation. You would

> love reading it. It works like magic for anyone

> reciting this daily,

> with love and affection for the Lord.You should find

> one copy with

> the Gita press Bookshop if any,near to your city of

> residence.

>

> regards,

> Bhaskar.

>

>

> , " Asheesh

> N. " <ni_ash1

> wrote:

> >

> > Respected Bhaskarji,

> >

> > You recommended Gopala sahastranama to somebody,as

> a

> > curiocity i searched but could only find an

> english

> > version ie sanskrit written in english with some

> > special characters used which is difficult to

> > understand,if u do have Pl send link for sanskrit

> > version of the aformentioned,

> >

> > regards

> > Asheesh

> >

> >

> >

> > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

> >

> >

SURRENDER JOYFULLY TO THE WILL OF THE ULTIMATE

> DIVINITY AND RELISH THE TASTE OF ABSOLUTE BLISS.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Asheeshji,

VishnuSahasranaam was recited by the Great warrior Bhishma extolling

the great Virtues of Lord Vishnu.

GopalaSahsranaam is more personalised form of rememberance of the

same Lord in Gopala-Krishna Form which was more dear to the Gopis.

In both cases one will have success as one desires and as God Grants.

If You read the last few pages of GopalaSahsranaam You will find the

mention of great results available from recitation of the same and

what can be achieved.

VishnuSahasranaam takes about 12 minutes for a regular reader to get

over with recitation while for GopalaSahasranaam it takes much longer

about 30 minutes.

Whichever Form one likes he may pick up that Path Pustak and recite.

For me personally I like both the Forms of Lord Vishnu., and

if have time and energy would enjoy reading all the names of the Lord

mentioned in both and try to make Him happy and gain His grace and

love for me.

HWatching a Movie show, and listening the story from one who has come

out from the cinema hall, there is certainly a difference.

But I still mantain that even if You listen to the MP3 with devotion

and shraddha, it is going to work, because in Gods case, only love

and faith can work wonders and whether formailities have been adhered

to or not, they take the secondary stage when one is full of

Love,Shraddha and affections for the lord. Like in case of Shabari

He ate the already tasted food, and touched the stone image of a

women who was discarded by her husband and gave it life.

Best wishes for a lovely reading and listening of the beautiful names

of the Lord.

Bhaskar.

, " Asheesh N. " <ni_ash1

wrote:

>

> Respected sir,

>

> do gopalasahastranama and vishnu sahastranama produce

> same results or diff,and say if one is not able to

> recite himself,will playing its mp3 and hearing with

> devotion will work?

>

> thanks for kind previous reply

>

> truly urs

> Asheesh

> --- Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

>

> > Dear Asheesh,

> >

> > Please go for Sanskrit Version with Hindi

> > Translation. You would

> > love reading it. It works like magic for anyone

> > reciting this daily,

> > with love and affection for the Lord.You should find

> > one copy with

> > the Gita press Bookshop if any,near to your city of

> > residence.

> >

> > regards,

> > Bhaskar.

> >

> >

> > , " Asheesh

> > N. " <ni_ash1@>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Respected Bhaskarji,

> > >

> > > You recommended Gopala sahastranama to somebody,as

> > a

> > > curiocity i searched but could only find an

> > english

> > > version ie sanskrit written in english with some

> > > special characters used which is difficult to

> > > understand,if u do have Pl send link for sanskrit

> > > version of the aformentioned,

> > >

> > > regards

> > > Asheesh

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> > protection around

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > SURRENDER JOYFULLY TO THE WILL OF THE ULTIMATE

> > DIVINITY AND RELISH THE TASTE OF ABSOLUTE BLISS.

> >

> >

> >

• 1 year later...

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£

Dear Rafal, Namaskar.

Answers to your questions below.

Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen

----------

Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer)

www: http://srigaruda.com

@: visti

Rafał Gendarz skrev:

om namo

bhagavate narasimhaya

Dear Guruji,

1. How you know this Dasamsa & Navamsa is accurate?

Dasamsa seems accurate based on the Mahadasa running and that he has

attempted to start a career for himself abroad yet without success and

is mainly interested in starting his own business one day.

2. 11 from VL is Moon but its alone, so we should normally see the sign

- Leo. Kshatriya.

The Graha will indicate what he does whilst the sign will indicate in

which area this is in. As a result there could be working in some

larger administrative body, but his karana is indicated by the Moon.

3. Seventh house is stronger so it shows buisness related to Shukra,

like perfume buisness. Why you have taken artha signs?

His Mahadasa of Mars is 1st and 6th Lord and not strongly associated

with the seventh house otherwise. Therefore throughout Mars Mahadasa he

has not been given the opportunity to do business. This is likely to

change in Rahu Mahadasa as Rahu aspects the seventh house and lord, but

there will still be some service as Rahu aspects the sixth lord Mars.

Most likely he will make his change from service to business during

that time.

4. Why you were focused on second bhava in D10 among artha signs? Its

sixth from both Lagneh'es

He wanted to know which service he could do, and unfortunately this is

the only graha placed in an Artha trikona and can support long term

service. Your right that there is an issue in him pursuring this at

present in that he may not appreciate the experiences he undergoes

during that type of service. If you have to advise a profession for

service then only the ones indicated by the graha PLACED in the

Arthatrikona are stable and long term. Lordships and aspects are

temporary.

5. If both Lagna and Tenth in d9 are empty you said to focus on

Lagnesh, not tenth lord. Why symbol related to Shukra if Surya is yuti

planet?

I remember being taught that symbols of graha in or lording the tenth

are chosen as the main symbol.

Among Mars in a watery sign and Sun in an earthy sign I was greatly

wondering which would be more successful and chose Sun.

6. Why yellow saphire will unlock Shukra?

This is based on the Guna Chakra which you learnt about in my mail on

gemstones (3x). I recommend that you read it.

Regards

Rafal Gendarz

--------------

Consultations & Pages

http://rohinaa.com

rafal

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£

Dear Amar, Namaskar.

As the eleventh house from your Varnada Lagna is Cancer and lord is

Moon, you should definitely be doing some Vaishya Karma such as

finances, business or any such monetary administration.

Moon is in the Badhaka Sthan and is the Atmakaraka showing that you

will want to see foreign countries to do this. As Moon is also tenth

lord from Lagna it confirms the same.

Jupiter is placed in own sign in the second house in the Dasamsa

indicating that stable employment that will eventually lead to business

will be as a consultant or teacher (training & development) of

sorts. Venus strong in the seventh house in D10 shows that the business

will eventually happen and the coming of spouse will pave the way for

this.

The companies you should seek occupation in are indicated by your tenth

house/lord in Navamsa. Here if the chart is right then your tenth lord

is Sun and indicates work in agencies which administrate a large amount

of workers. Its joined Venus in Taurus and cannot indicate government

but instead job agencies or companies with symbols of the Sun.

Yet, until Mars Mahadasa ends (2011) its going to be difficult in the

job market as Amatyakaraka is Saturn and Mars is badly placed from it

in the Rasi chart. Further, from 18-27 you have undergone a significant

change in your stance towards career and become more of a Karma Yogi.

The event that spurred this could be either at ages 18-19 or 22-23

(Karaka Kendradi Rasi Dasa). This change was also what encouraged your

desire to go abroad. This change has however made you more aggressive

and can bring a lot of tension in your life. Do confirm if the same is

accurate.

Please wear a Yellow Sapphire on your right hand ring finger to remove

the negatives of Rahu in the ninth and unlock the potential of Venus in

the seventh house. Further pursue the job opportunities as I have laid

out above. Good luck.

Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen

------------ --------- --------- --------- ----

Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer)

www: http://srigaruda.

com

@: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT)

com

amarrohani1942 skrev:

Visti Ji,

Namaskar!

Thank you for reply.

Please let me know which career I should take? I am unemployed right

now & I want to be a US citizen.

Date of birth: 30-05-1982

Time of birth: 3.55 P.M.

Place of birth: Indore, Madhyapradesh, India.

Respectfully,

Amar

@

. com,

Visti Larsen <visti

wrote:

>

> ??? ??? ?????

> Dear Amar, Namaskar.

> I would gladly answers ONE of your questions, as only then could I

do

> justice to your request. Please specify your question.

> Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----

> Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer)

> www: http://srigaruda.

com

> @: visti

>

> amarrohani1942 skrev:

> >

> > Namaste!

> >

> > I have a humble request if you can please take a look at my

chart.

Thanks.

> >

> > Date of Birth: 30-05-1982

> > Time of Birth: 3.55 pm

> > Place of Birth: Indore , Madhyapradesh , India

> > Gender:male

> >

> > Which Career should I take?

> >

> > Ephemeris ---Sade sati going on - Shani 1st house, Jupiter

6th house.

> >

> > I completed MMS from India & MBA in USA but was unable to

find work so

> > had to return unfortunately. I will appreciate if you can let

me know

> > about jobs in USA & foreign residence in chart.

> >

> > I wanted to do job then start my own business. I am

ambitious, dress

> > well, good communicator, have big plans & would like to

turn them in

> > reality. I am interested in building career as a Sales

manager,

> > Entrepreneur, Financial analyst, Business analyst, Software

> > consultant, etc? Which among this would be more favorable and

after

> > doing job for some years; I would like to start my own

business. Are

> > prospects better during Rahu Mahadasha because I will have to

prepare

> > for going to USA ?

> >

> > Saturn & Mars are in my 12th house so will I have some

Finances like

> > to take care of my basic needs of food, clothing and shelter

& if

> > married that of wife and kids. I haven't earned much when I

was in

> > USA, have personal debt, owe money to relatives & my

parents have also

> > spent a lot; right now I am dependent on my parents for my

basic needs

> > & take money from them.

> >

> > I am worried a lot due to money.

> >

> > I am 27 year running; whether my marriage will be arranged or

love?

> > And does it makes me manglik?

> >

> > Does happiness from Relatives is indicated? Like younger

brother,

> > parents, bhuha, grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.?

> >

> > Are there any doshas in chart or does it prevent me from

settling in

> > USA ? I am ruined mentally, financially & emotionally as

I couldn't

> > fulfill my dreams. My reputation among family members has

also been

> > tarnished.

> >

> > Please help me I am very depressed. I want to go back to USA

; even if

> > I get normal wages just to live a normal life. I have to get

an H1B

> > visa - very competitive; there is a long wait list for green

card

> > filing 6-8 years. How should I plan my future? Any other

information

> > will be appreciated. Thanks.

> >

> > I am also a beginner in Astrology. I would like to clarify

that

> > Retrograde Saturn in 12th house destroys my 2nd, 6th and 9th

house --

> > so no finances and luck? Jupiter has beneficial aspects on

5th 7th and

> > 9th house. Rahu in 9th house. So, I think Jupiter &

Saturn's aspects

> > on 9th house one positive and one negative cancel each other

making

> > 9th house neutral. Is my understanding right?

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Amar

> >

> >

>

Dear Visti,

The table has been compiled from Sanjayji's VRA

Tattwa

Finger

Trikono

Agni

Ring

Dharma

Prithvi

Middle

Artha

Vayu

Little

Kama

Jala

Index

Moksha

Now, Moon is supposed to be jala tattwa. Then how pearl is advised to be worn in ring fingure also, when ring fingure is agni tattwa?

Jupiter is akash tattwa - if I am not wrong. Then why it cannot be worn in little fingure also - if Jup is in kama trikono? Little fingure is vayu tattwa and it should not have any conflict with akash tattwa.

Regards

Jk

On Behalf Of Visti LarsenMonday, January 12, 2009 3:37 PMRafal Gendarz; Subject: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Q

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£Dear Rafal, Namaskar.Answers to your questions below.Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen----------Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer) www: http://srigaruda.com@: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) com RafaÅ‚ Gendarz skrev: om namo bhagavate narasimhayaDear Guruji,1. How you know this Dasamsa & Navamsa is accurate?Dasamsa seems accurate based on the Mahadasa running and that he has attempted to start a career for himself abroad yet without success and is mainly interested in starting his own business one day.

2. 11 from VL is Moon but its alone, so we should normally see the sign - Leo. Kshatriya.The Graha will indicate what he does whilst the sign will indicate in which area this is in. As a result there could be working in some larger administrative body, but his karana is indicated by the Moon.

3. Seventh house is stronger so it shows buisness related to Shukra, like perfume buisness. Why you have taken artha signs? His Mahadasa of Mars is 1st and 6th Lord and not strongly associated with the seventh house otherwise. Therefore throughout Mars Mahadasa he has not been given the opportunity to do business. This is likely to change in Rahu Mahadasa as Rahu aspects the seventh house and lord, but there will still be some service as Rahu aspects the sixth lord Mars. Most likely he will make his change from service to business during that time.

4. Why you were focused on second bhava in D10 among artha signs? Its sixth from both Lagneh'esHe wanted to know which service he could do, and unfortunately this is the only graha placed in an Artha trikona and can support long term service. Your right that there is an issue in him pursuring this at present in that he may not appreciate the experiences he undergoes during that type of service. If you have to advise a profession for service then only the ones indicated by the graha PLACED in the Arthatrikona are stable and long term. Lordships and aspects are temporary.

5. If both Lagna and Tenth in d9 are empty you said to focus on Lagnesh, not tenth lord. Why symbol related to Shukra if Surya is yuti planet?I remember being taught that symbols of graha in or lording the tenth are chosen as the main symbol.Among Mars in a watery sign and Sun in an earthy sign I was greatly wondering which would be more successful and chose Sun.

6. Why yellow saphire will unlock Shukra? This is based on the Guna Chakra which you learnt about in my mail on gemstones (3x). I recommend that you read it.

RegardsRafal Gendarz--------------Consultations & Pageshttp://rohinaa.comrafal (AT) rohinaa (DOT) com

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£Dear Amar, Namaskar.As the eleventh house from your Varnada Lagna is Cancer and lord is Moon, you should definitely be doing some Vaishya Karma such as finances, business or any such monetary administration.Moon is in the Badhaka Sthan and is the Atmakaraka showing that you will want to see foreign countries to do this. As Moon is also tenth lord from Lagna it confirms the same.Jupiter is placed in own sign in the second house in the Dasamsa indicating that stable employment that will eventually lead to business will be as a consultant or teacher (training & development) of sorts. Venus strong in the seventh house in D10 shows that the business will eventually happen and the coming of spouse will pave the way for this.The companies you should seek occupation in are indicated by your tenth house/lord in Navamsa. Here if the chart is right then your tenth lord is Sun and indicates work in agencies which administrate a large amount of workers. Its joined Venus in Taurus and cannot indicate government but instead job agencies or companies with symbols of the Sun.Yet, until Mars Mahadasa ends (2011) its going to be difficult in the job market as Amatyakaraka is Saturn and Mars is badly placed from it in the Rasi chart. Further, from 18-27 you have undergone a significant change in your stance towards career and become more of a Karma Yogi. The event that spurred this could be either at ages 18-19 or 22-23 (Karaka Kendradi Rasi Dasa). This change was also what encouraged your desire to go abroad. This change has however made you more aggressive and can bring a lot of tension in your life. Do confirm if the same is accurate.Please wear a Yellow Sapphire on your right hand ring finger to remove the negatives of Rahu in the ninth and unlock the potential of Venus in the seventh house. Further pursue the job opportunities as I have laid out above. Good luck.Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen------------ --------- --------- --------- ----Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer) www: http://srigaruda. com@: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) com amarrohani1942 skrev:

Visti Ji,Namaskar!Thank you for reply.Please let me know which career I should take? I am unemployed rightnow & I want to be a US citizen. Date of birth: 30-05-1982Time of birth: 3.55 P.M.Place of birth: Indore, Madhyapradesh, India.Respectfully,Amar, Visti Larsen <visti wrote:>> ??? ??? ?????> Dear Amar, Namaskar.> I would gladly answers ONE of your questions, as only then could I do > justice to your request. Please specify your question.> Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen> ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----> Jyotish Guru (Vedic Astrologer)> www: http://srigaruda. com> @: visti > amarrohani1942 skrev:> >> > Namaste!> >> > I have a humble request if you can please take a look at my chart.Thanks.> >> > Date of Birth: 30-05-1982> > Time of Birth: 3.55 pm> > Place of Birth: Indore , Madhyapradesh , India> > Gender:male> >> > Which Career should I take?> >> > Ephemeris ---Sade sati going on - Shani 1st house, Jupiter 6th house.> >> > I completed MMS from India & MBA in USA but was unable to find work so> > had to return unfortunately. I will appreciate if you can let me know> > about jobs in USA & foreign residence in chart.> >> > I wanted to do job then start my own business. I am ambitious, dress> > well, good communicator, have big plans & would like to turn them in> > reality. I am interested in building career as a Sales manager,> > Entrepreneur, Financial analyst, Business analyst, Software> > consultant, etc? Which among this would be more favorable and after> > doing job for some years; I would like to start my own business. Are> > prospects better during Rahu Mahadasha because I will have to prepare> > for going to USA ?> >> > Saturn & Mars are in my 12th house so will I have some Finances like> > to take care of my basic needs of food, clothing and shelter & if> > married that of wife and kids. I haven't earned much when I was in> > USA, have personal debt, owe money to relatives & my parents have also> > spent a lot; right now I am dependent on my parents for my basic needs> > & take money from them.> >> > I am worried a lot due to money.> >> > I am 27 year running; whether my marriage will be arranged or love?> > And does it makes me manglik?> >> > Does happiness from Relatives is indicated? Like younger brother,> > parents, bhuha, grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.?> >> > Are there any doshas in chart or does it prevent me from settling in> > USA ? I am ruined mentally, financially & emotionally as I couldn't> > fulfill my dreams. My reputation among family members has also been> > tarnished.> >> > Please help me I am very depressed. I want to go back to USA ; even if> > I get normal wages just to live a normal life. I have to get an H1B> > visa - very competitive; there is a long wait list for green card> > filing 6-8 years. How should I plan my future? Any other information> > will be appreciated. Thanks.> >> > I am also a beginner in Astrology. I would like to clarify that> > Retrograde Saturn in 12th house destroys my 2nd, 6th and 9th house --> > so no finances and luck? Jupiter has beneficial aspects on 5th 7th and> > 9th house. Rahu in 9th house. So, I think Jupiter & Saturn's aspects> > on 9th house one positive and one negative cancel each other making> > 9th house neutral. Is my understanding right?> >> > Regards,> >> > Amar> >> >>

• 7 months later...