IndiaDivine.org

Muhurat Timing - Location Dependent?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar-ji and other learned members,

The question regarding muhurat timing has been baffling me for quite some time.

It is my understanding that one of the major factors for arriving at muhurat

timing is - what nakshatra Moon resides.

Now let's say for gruh pravesh (for a house in Mumbai) the muhurat is calculated

and its timing turns out to be - say 24th December 2009 at 09:30AM IST (assuming

Moon enters certain nakshtra at that time).

Now for a similar gruh pravesh (for a house in San Francisco) - will that

muhurat be 23rd December 2009 8:00 PM San Francisco Time? (Because 24th Dec

09:30AM IST = 23rd Dec 08:00 PM San Francisco time).

I am making this leap of faith because Moon's entry time into certain nakshatra

is absolute and completely independent of the location of the observer on the

Earth.

More generically my question is - when the muhurat is calculated, it is

typically expressed in IST. For other locations in the world, should one just

find the corresponding time by applying the time difference between IST and the

target location?

Can someone help clarify this dilemma?

Nitin

Thanks for your email, Sujit.

My question is not specific to gruh pravesh but more wider than that. Let me try and articulate it in other words... Typically, when a muhurat is calculated, it is calculated in IST. So, for other locations in the world (for the identical conditions) should the muhurat be calculated just by applying the time difference (between IST and the target location) to the muhurat timing?

More fundamentally when a jyotishi calculates muhurat, what attributes (e.g. in what rashi or nakshatra Moon or any other planet is in) of celestial bodies are taken into account? --- On Wed, 12/30/09, Sujit <astrologer.sujit wrote:

Sujit <astrologer.sujitRe: Muhurat Timing - Location Dependent?"enpy91" <enpy91Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 11:29 PM

Dear Nitin

You should take muhurta for the location of gruh pravesh. If you are in San franciso try to find the date and time with San franciso.

Avoid taking Moon's placement in Rahu or Ketu's nakashtra and then try to anlayse it, like birth details. It is a tedious process.

Regards,

Sujit

Consulting Astrologer

-

enpy91

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:32 AM

Muhurat Timing - Location Dependent?

Dear Bhaskar-ji and other learned members,The question regarding muhurat timing has been baffling me for quite some time. It is my understanding that one of the major factors for arriving at muhurat timing is - what nakshatra Moon resides. Now let's say for gruh pravesh (for a house in Mumbai) the muhurat is calculated and its timing turns out to be - say 24th December 2009 at 09:30AM IST (assuming Moon enters certain nakshtra at that time).Now for a similar gruh pravesh (for a house in San Francisco) - will that muhurat be 23rd December 2009 8:00 PM San Francisco Time? (Because 24th Dec 09:30AM IST = 23rd Dec 08:00 PM San Francisco time).I am making this leap of faith because Moon's entry time into certain nakshatra is absolute and completely independent of the location of the observer on the Earth. More generically my question is - when the muhurat is calculated, it is typically expressed in IST. For other

locations in the world, should one just find the corresponding time by applying the time difference between IST and the target location?Can someone help clarify this dilemma?Nitin