IndiaDivine.org

Tamasic Energy of a Gem stone ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

Dear All,

A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought maybe

some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy in

the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?

For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost important

for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic graha ,

so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase tamasic

energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the

graha's innate energy ?

If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me

who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic

energy.

Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in

this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt

be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their

chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

Hope you guys get my point ..

Please comment ,

humble regards,

Chandan S.

nobody has an answer to this one ? please !! :)

, " chandan486 "

<wavelogix+jyotishremedies wrote:

>

> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>

> Dear All,

>

> A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought

maybe

> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

>

> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy

in

> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?

>

> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

important

> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

graha ,

> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

tamasic

> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the

> graha's innate energy ?

>

> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me

> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

sattwic

> energy.

>

> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond

in

> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

wouldnt

> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their

> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>

> Hope you guys get my point ..

>

> Please comment ,

>

> humble regards,

> Chandan S.

>

nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

, " chandan486 " <wavelogix

wrote:

>

> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>

> Dear All,

>

> A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought

maybe

> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

>

> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy

in

> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?

>

> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

important

> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

graha ,

> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

tamasic

> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the

> graha's innate energy ?

>

> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me

> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

sattwic

> energy.

>

> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond

in

> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

wouldnt

> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their

> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>

> Hope you guys get my point ..

>

> Please comment ,

>

> humble regards,

> Chandan S.

>

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Chandan, Namaste

I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is just one "layer". Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring literally "destructive" behavior to native as one and only effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is not "urgent" to wear it at all.

Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always there.

BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never "urgent" as you can read. It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some additional help, so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than enough.

There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list. Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

Regards,

Maja Strbac

Hari Om Tat Sat

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix wrote:

chandan486 <wavelogix[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :)), "chandan486" <wavelogix@. ..> wrote:>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||> > Dear All,> > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought maybe> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.> > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy in> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?> > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost important> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic graha ,> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase tamasic> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the>

graha's innate energy ?> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic> energy.> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....> > Hope you guys get my point ..> > Please comment ,> > humble regards,> Chandan S.>

Chandan babu,

If you are doing spiritual practices to cultivate sattwic energy as

you said, shouldn't you be sharing that knowledge rather than asking

such deep questions from us the great unwashed ;)

Obviously these things should not be lightly discussed on open forums

essentially with strangers. The answer could be in the hand and on

three fingers and not so much relying on the gemstone.

Although 'evil' stones have been anecdotally documented. Such as the

Hope diamond (a misnomer if there was one!).

, " chandan486 "

<wavelogix+jyotishremedies wrote:

>

> nobody has an answer to this one ? please !! :)

>

> , " chandan486 "

> <wavelogix+jyotishremedies@> wrote:

> >

> > ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

> >

> > Dear All,

> >

> > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought

> maybe

> > some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

> >

> > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy

> in

> > the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its

tamasic ?

> >

> > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

> important

> > for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

> graha ,

> > so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

> tamasic

> > energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of

the

> > graha's innate energy ?

> >

> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

> > tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like

me

> > who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

> sattwic

> > energy.

> >

> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

> > rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond

> in

> > this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

> wouldnt

> > be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their

> > chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

> >

> > Hope you guys get my point ..

> >

> > Please comment ,

> >

> > humble regards,

> > Chandan S.

> >

>

Jaya JagannathaDear Maja,NamasteBegging to differ with references: The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects, which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown colour Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since around the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring "mucho dineros" (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The "seed" of the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tonesTHE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like Venus (another natural benefic that you and others here consider), donate silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly quell/appease the graha concerned.For Saturn, donate a sapphire Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets as suggested for giving dakshina.To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can only do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.      Query:  The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.love,SweeOn 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote: Om Gurave Namah Dear Chandan, Namaste   I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is just one "layer". Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring literally "destructive" behavior to native as one and only effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).   Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.   Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is not "urgent" to wear it at all.   Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always there.   BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never "urgent" as you can read. It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some additional help, so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than enough.   There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list. Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)   Regards, Maja Strbac   Hari Om Tat Sat         --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix wrote: chandan486 <wavelogix[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :)), "chandan486" <wavelogix@. ..> wrote:>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||> > Dear All,> > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought maybe> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.> > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy in> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?> > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost important> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic graha ,> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase tamasic> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the> graha's innate energy ?> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic> energy.> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....> > Hope you guys get my point ..> > Please comment ,> > humble regards,> Chandan S.>

dear swee ,

thanks for posting ! .. well , regarding wearing of gemstones on

left / right hand has been discussed by visti in his ratna lectures.

and then also he maintains a special applicability condition as in

when to wear a gemstone on the left hand. obviously cant be wearing

all gemstones on the left hand to simply escape the malefic effects

of the grahas ! life would just be soo simple then !

i do agree that dontating gem stones is a much powerful remedy than

wearing them .

however , the point being .. would we really need that tamasic or

rajasic energy ? if not , then why wear a gemstone even if the chart

indicates wearing one .. personally i wear several hundred rudraksha

beads and they simply rock !

thanks for posting though ,

humble regards,

chandan s.

, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Maja,

> Namaste

>

> Begging to differ with references:

>

> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects,

> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

colour

> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the

> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

around

> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>

> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

of

> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was

> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars

are

> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira belonging to

the

> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>

> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance

> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

Venus

> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

donate

> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white

> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/

> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly

> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>

> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>

> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

as

> suggested for giving dakshina.

>

> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can

only

> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>

>

> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

dear maja ,

thanks for taking off some time to post ! .. well i completely agree

to you when you say , wearing a gemstone may not be that Urgent if

its not that compelling in a chart ... how ever mantra may not be

suitable for everyone.

I hope you realize the proper intonations and stress that need to be

made on every letter in a mantra , so that everytime its recited ,

its actually vibrates with its inherent potency ?

how fair do u think is posting " Aum gurave namah " and asking some

one to recite it by just reading it ? mantras are much more than

that .. more so , it requires a lot of dedication and patience to

see a mantra work and unfortunately many ppl dont have patience

these days , so maybe gemstones are the quick and easy way out !

thought may be not the most powerful ... !

I agree that mangal being lagnesha , a ruby or yellow sapphire would

be more promising , provided other conditions are fulfilled..

however , since i have mangal yuti ketu in 9th house in rasi , i

anyways cant wear a coral...

summing it up ! unless u carry mantra siddhi or some diksha from

past life .. u might never be able to realize what a mantra really

is ! gemstones are shit , trust me .. even then i wear them ...

lol ...

humble regards,

chandan s.

, Maja Å trbac

<majastrbacastro wrote:

>

>

>

> Om Gurave Namah

>  

> Dear Chandan, Namaste

>  

> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones

corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same

applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is

just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone will not

bring literally " destructive " behavior to native as one and only

effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain

Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant

on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of

Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for

Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy

and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

>  

> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native

is " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

>  

> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for

Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna

(you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that

case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is

auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral,

when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is

example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On

the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in

someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can

prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy

and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is

not " urgent " to wear it at all.

>  

> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha

which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can

be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and

braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than

welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in

celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided

(increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always

there.

>  

> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions

in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never " urgent " as you can read.

It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some additional help,

so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than

enough.

>  

> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if

you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient

until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list.

Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

>  

> Regards,

> Maja Strbac

>  

> Hari Om Tat Sat

>  

>  

>  

>  

further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha mangal conj with ketu

sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats eye give me the

effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana tht gives 100%

opposite effects and yuti simply gives each others effects in the

appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

humble regards,

chandan s.

, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Maja,

> Namaste

>

> Begging to differ with references:

>

> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects,

> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

colour

> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the

> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

around

> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>

> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

of

> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was

> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars

are

> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira belonging to

the

> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>

> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance

> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

Venus

> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

donate

> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white

> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/

> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly

> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>

> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>

> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

as

> suggested for giving dakshina.

>

> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can

only

> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>

>

> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

>

> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>

> > Om Gurave Namah

> >

> > Dear Chandan, Namaste

> >

> > I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

Gemstones

> > corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same

> > applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is

> > just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring

> > literally " destructive " behavior to native as one and only

effect

> > if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas

in

> > chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on

> > procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of

> > Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone

for

> > Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

energy

> > and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

> >

> > Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is

> > " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

> >

> > Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for

> > Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh

lagna

> > (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in

that

> > case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is

> > auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

Coral,

> > when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned

above

> > is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

Gemstones.

> > On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure

in

> > someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you

can

> > prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a

> > happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It

is

> > not " urgent " to wear it at all.

> >

> > Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha

which

> > is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be

> > urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and

> > braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more

than

> > welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in

> > celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided

> > (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always

there.

> >

> > BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

positions

> > in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never " urgent " as you can

read.

> > It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some additional

help,

> > so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than

> > enough.

> >

> > There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

> > Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice:

if

> > you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient

> > until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

list.

> > Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

> >

> > Regards,

> > Maja Strbac

> >

> > Hari Om Tat Sat

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix wrote:

> > chandan486 <wavelogix

> > [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

> >

> > Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

> >

> > nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

> >

> > , " chandan486 "

<wavelogix@ ..>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

> > >

> > > Dear All,

> > >

> > > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought

> > maybe

> > > some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

> > >

> > > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic

energy

> > in

> > > the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its

tamasic ?

> > >

> > > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

> > important

> > > for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

> > graha ,

> > > so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

> > tamasic

> > > energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form

of the

> > > graha's innate energy ?

> > >

> > > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

> > > tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people

like me

> > > who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

> > sattwic

> > > energy.

> > >

> > > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

> > > rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ...

Diamond

> > in

> > > this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

> > wouldnt

> > > be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if

their

> > > chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

> > >

> > > Hope you guys get my point ..

> > >

> > > Please comment ,

> > >

> > > humble regards,

> > > Chandan S.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Swee, Namaste

Wow! :)

I wish if I was more prepared for this dialogue (with some more knowledge) so I could have some use of it. Like this... I can not decide what to ask you first.

"References"? Dear Swee, the only "reference" I have for now is links for threads on list and few articles on web where I collected just basics (now after reading your reply... I am not sure those are basics anymore :). You should see that sparkle in my eyes whenever someone mentions Gemology, but after realizing I have met with some contradictive rules while trying to collect more information on this subject, I decided to be patient and wait for "better times" to learn more about this. And to stick to one "reference" only. That would be you. Here I am waiting for your book on Gemology to be published.

I am patient, but... can't hold my self from asking you when can we expect it to be published?

Since I was very lucky to get a reply from you personally, now I am using my opportunity to ask you a few questions (hope you will have some free time for a reply):

This is from your email:

1. "Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones"

From your writing I can only conclude that Bloodstone is related to both Sun and Mars, but I suppose that we are making a choice depending on tone (one tone is used for Sun and other for Mars). Correct?

2. So far many times I have read that Hessonite is corresponding to Rahu. This is new to me. Orange Garnet for Rahu, correct? Or just any Garnet? What are other tones for Garnet besides orange?

3. "Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras?"

Up there I was mentioning you my "references". It is not from Shastra directly. Back then when I was reading about "right hand corresponds Jupiter/increasing effects and left hand corresponds Venus/decreasing effects" for the first time, I decided to adopt this after reading it in emails written by few list members in whose knowledge level I trust. But now, of course I would love to read whatever you have to write about this.

4. “Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested."

What is "bhisma mani"? What is the purpose of wearing it around neck?

Thank you so much for including in this thread.

Warm Regards and Love,

Maja Strbac

Hari Om Tat Sat--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Cc: Sohamsa , "" Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:24 PM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Maja,

Namaste

Begging to differ with references:

The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects, which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown colour Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since around the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring "mucho dineros" (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The "seed" of the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like Venus (another natural benefic that you and others here consider), donate silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly quell/appease the graha concerned.

For Saturn, donate a sapphire

Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets as suggested for giving dakshina.

To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can only do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

love,

Swee

On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Å trbac wrote:

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Chandan, Namaste

I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is just one "layer". Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring literally "destructive" behavior to native as one and only effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is not "urgent" to wear it at all.

Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always there.

BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never "urgent" as you can read. It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some additional help, so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than enough.

There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list. Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

Regards,

Maja Strbac

Hari Om Tat Sat

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com>[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :)), "chandan486" <wavelogix@. ..> wrote:>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||> > Dear All,> > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought maybe> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.> > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy in> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?> > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost important> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic graha ,> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase tamasic> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the>

graha's innate energy ?> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic> energy.> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....> > Hope you guys get my point ..> > Please comment ,> > humble regards,> Chandan S.>

Dear Swee and Maja

Wonderful discussion on gem stones. After reading Swee's analysis on yellow sapphire not being always benefitial as mentioned in the shastra, I remembered one chart.

Time of birth is 9.52 am.

Place - hyderabad,

DOB - 19 June, 1973

This person is running jup AD and is facing a severe court case from his wife (a very aggressive lady). One astrologer advised him to wear a yellow sapphire.

Is this a good choice for him?

Any views on the effectiveness of yellow sapphire in this chart regarding his court case would be highly appreciated.

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Tue, 18/11/08, Maja Å trbac <majastrbacastro wrote:

Maja Å trbac <majastrbacastroRe: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Date: Tuesday, 18 November, 2008, 6:04 PM

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Swee, Namaste

Wow! :) I wish if I was more prepared for this dialogue (with some more knowledge) so I could have some use of it. Like this... I can not decide what to ask you first. "References" ? Dear Swee, the only "reference" I have for now is links for threads on list and few articles on web where I collected just basics (now after reading your reply... I am not sure those are basics anymore :). You should see that sparkle in my eyes whenever someone mentions Gemology, but after realizing I have met with some contradictive rules while trying to collect more information on this subject, I decided to be patient and wait for "better times" to learn more about this. And to stick to one "reference" only. That would be you. Here I am waiting for your book on Gemology to be published.

I am patient, but... can't hold my self from asking you when can we expect it to be published?

Since I was very lucky to get a reply from you personally, now I am using my opportunity to ask you a few questions (hope you will have some free time for a reply): This is from your email: 1. "Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones" From your writing I can only conclude that Bloodstone is related to both Sun and Mars, but I suppose that we are making a choice depending on tone (one tone is used for Sun and other for Mars). Correct? 2. So far many times I have read that Hessonite is corresponding to Rahu. This is new to me. Orange Garnet for Rahu, correct? Or just any Garnet? What are other tones for Garnet besides orange? 3. "Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras?"

Up there I was mentioning you my "references" . It is not from Shastra directly. Back then when I was reading about "right hand corresponds Jupiter/increasing effects and left hand corresponds Venus/decreasing effects" for the first time, I decided to adopt this after reading it in emails written by few list members in whose knowledge level I trust. But now, of course I would love to read whatever you have to write about this. 4. “Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.."

What is "bhisma mani"? What is the purpose of wearing it around neck? Thank you so much for including in this thread.

Warm Regards and Love, Maja Strbac Hari Om Tat Sat--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm> wrote:

Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?Cc: Sohamsa@ .com, "" <@gro ups.com>Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:24 PM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Maja,

Namaste

Begging to differ with references:

The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects, which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown colour Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since around the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring "mucho dineros" (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The "seed" of the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like Venus (another natural benefic that you and others here consider), donate silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly quell/appease the graha concerned.

For Saturn, donate a sapphire

Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets as suggested for giving dakshina.

To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can only do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

love,

Swee

On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Å trbac wrote:

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Chandan, Namaste

Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake".... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

Regards,

Maja Strbac

Hari Om Tat Sat

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com>[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

graha's innate energy ?> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example .... specially if people like me> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic> energy.> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....> > Hope you guys get my point ..> > Please comment ,> > humble regards,> Chandan S.>

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta!

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan S,

Namaste

> will wearing a cats eye give me the

> effects of mangal ?

What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for " cat's eye " ?

love,

Swee

On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:47, chandan486 wrote:

> further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha mangal conj with ketu

> sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats eye give me the

> effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana tht gives 100%

> opposite effects and yuti simply gives each others effects in the

> appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

> , Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Maja,

>> Namaste

>>

>> Begging to differ with references:

>>

>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects,

>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

> colour

>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the

>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

> around

>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>>

>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

> of

>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was

>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars

> are

>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira belonging to

> the

>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>>

>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance

>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

> Venus

>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

> donate

>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white

>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/

>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly

>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>>

>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>>

>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

> as

>> suggested for giving dakshina.

>>

>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can

> only

>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>>

>>

>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>>

>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>

>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

>>>

>>> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

> Gemstones

>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same

>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is

>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring

>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as one and only

> effect

>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas

> in

>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on

>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of

>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone

> for

>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

> energy

>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

>>>

>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is

>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

>>>

>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for

>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh

> lagna

>>> (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in

> that

>>> case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is

>>> auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

> Coral,

>>> when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned

> above

>>> is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

> Gemstones.

>>> On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure

> in

>>> someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you

> can

>>> prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a

>>> happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It

> is

>>> not " urgent " to wear it at all.

>>>

>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha

> which

>>> is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be

>>> urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and

>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more

> than

>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in

>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided

>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always

> there.

>>>

>>> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

> positions

>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never " urgent " as you can

> read.

>>> It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some additional

> help,

>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than

>>> enough.

>>>

>>> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice:

> if

>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient

>>> until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

> list.

>>> Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

>>>

>>> Regards,

>>> Maja Strbac

>>>

>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix wrote:

>>> chandan486 <wavelogix

>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

>>>

>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

>>>

>>> nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

>>>

>>> , " chandan486 "

> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>>>>

>>>> Dear All,

>>>>

>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought

>>> maybe

>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

>>>>

>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic

> energy

>>> in

>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its

> tamasic ?

>>>>

>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

>>> important

>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

>>> graha ,

>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

>>> tamasic

>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form

> of the

>>>> graha's innate energy ?

>>>>

>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of

>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people

> like me

>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

>>> sattwic

>>>> energy.

>>>>

>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more

>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ...

> Diamond

>>> in

>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

>>> wouldnt

>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if

> their

>>>> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>>>>

>>>> Hope you guys get my point ..

>>>>

>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>

>>>> humble regards,

>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

> ---

>

> ~ om tat sat ~

> Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram.

> Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama Krishna'

> (2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who said

> that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for animals.

> (3) Practice charity in thought and deed - do one free chart

> reading today

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

Your rudraksha may emit electromagnetism and you maybe happy sitting

in one corner meditating all day long. It's fine for older people who

have achieved and whose children have now grown and " flown " .

According to Garuda Purana, the rajasic Venus-diamond is where the

GODS LOVE TO DWELL. The green diamond - Sun

white - Varuna

yellow - Indra etc.,

Said to bring forth prosperity, long life and your silos brimming

with grains etc., etc.,

The Blue Sapphire presided by the TAMASIC Saturn is said to be Lord

Jagannatha's eyes. That when looked at, will be Yama's lament as it

will never bring death to the person who has seen it.

And the most malefic planet is Rahu whose gemstone when worn (or

owned - this is said especially for the Pearl/Moon), nullifies kali

defects.

love,

Swee

On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:35, chandan486 wrote:

> dear swee ,

>

> thanks for posting ! .. well , regarding wearing of gemstones on

> left / right hand has been discussed by visti in his ratna lectures.

> and then also he maintains a special applicability condition as in

> when to wear a gemstone on the left hand. obviously cant be wearing

> all gemstones on the left hand to simply escape the malefic effects

> of the grahas ! life would just be soo simple then !

>

> i do agree that dontating gem stones is a much powerful remedy than

> wearing them .

>

> however , the point being .. would we really need that tamasic or

> rajasic energy ? if not , then why wear a gemstone even if the chart

> indicates wearing one .. personally i wear several hundred rudraksha

> beads and they simply rock !

>

> thanks for posting though ,

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Maja,

>> Namaste

>>

>> Begging to differ with references:

>>

>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects,

>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

> colour

>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the

>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

> around

>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>>

>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

> of

>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was

>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars

> are

>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira belonging to

> the

>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>>

>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance

>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

> Venus

>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

> donate

>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white

>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/

>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly

>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>>

>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>>

>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

> as

>> suggested for giving dakshina.

>>

>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can

> only

>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>>

>>

>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>

>

>

>

> ---

>

> ~ om tat sat ~

> reading today

Jaya JagannathaDear Maja,NamasteTo answer your question on rudhira: Sun constitutes the sixteen sounds of the head and facial features whilst the first sign is presided over by Mars - the movable sign, denoting dynamism and the pioneering sign, being the first sign of the zodiac.However, rudhira does look like zoisite i.e., the host rock is green and "eroded" ruby which has under gone rapid cooling. Hence, Rudhira belongs to the Sun.As for Bhismamani, it is the crystaline pegmatite. A pegmatite is normally the host rock for the beryl family. Beryls can come in colours of yellow, green (as in the emerald), blue (as in aquamarine) and apple green (aquamarine, though crystalised to perfection, has not undergone as much heat as the blue aquamarine).Left - right placements: Inferences from Narada Purana that Radha, Durga etc ie Shakti emanated from the left side of Krishna. Since Moon presides over gemstones and herbs, that Moon rules the left side of our body, and the invisible part of the zodiac how do we logically conclude that to quell a malefic planet, we are to wear it on the left side?Anyway, my forte is not on gemstones - just because I mined it and that we've come from the third generation knowledge, but to work under strict instructions of tantra and yantra with my Guru. (So sorry for the book :|| ).love,SweeOn 18 Nov 2008, at 14:34, Maja Štrbac wrote:Om Gurave Namah Dear Swee, Namaste Wow! :)  I wish if I was more prepared for this dialogue (with some more knowledge) so I could have some use of it. Like this... I can not decide what to ask you first. "References"? Dear Swee, the only "reference" I have for now is links for threads on list and few articles on web where I collected just basics (now after reading your reply... I am not sure those are basics anymore :). You should see that sparkle in my eyes whenever someone mentions Gemology, but after realizing I have met with some contradictive rules while trying to collect more information on this subject, I decided to be patient and wait for "better times" to learn more about this. And to stick to one "reference" only. That would be you. Here I am waiting for your book on Gemology to be published. I am patient, but... can't hold my self from asking you when can we expect it to be published? Since I was very lucky to get a reply from you personally, now I am using my opportunity to ask you a few questions (hope you will have some free time for a reply): This is from your email: 1. "Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones" From your writing I can only conclude that Bloodstone is related to both Sun and Mars, but I suppose that we are making a choice depending on tone (one tone is used for Sun and other for Mars). Correct? 2. So far many times I have read that Hessonite is corresponding to Rahu. This is new to me. Orange Garnet for Rahu, correct? Or just any Garnet? What are other tones for Garnet besides orange? 3. "Query:  The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras?" Up there I was mentioning you my "references". It is not from Shastra directly. Back then when I was reading about "right hand corresponds Jupiter/increasing effects and left hand corresponds Venus/decreasing effects" for the first time, I decided to adopt this after reading it in emails written by few list members in whose knowledge level I trust. But now, of course I would love to read whatever you have to write about this.   4. “Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested." What is "bhisma mani"? What is the purpose of wearing it around neck? Thank you so much for including in this thread. Warm Regards and Love,Maja Strbac Hari Om Tat Sat--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Cc: Sohamsa , "" Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:24 PMJaya JagannathaDear Maja,NamasteBegging to differ with references: The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali defects, which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown colour Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and the type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since around the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring "mucho dineros" (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The "seed" of the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which was cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tonesTHE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like Venus (another natural benefic that you and others here consider), donate silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice, white garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the rendition/chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will quickly quell/appease the graha concerned.For Saturn, donate a sapphire Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets as suggested for giving dakshina.To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can only do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.     Query:  The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.love,SweeOn 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:Om Gurave Namah Dear Chandan, Namaste I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is just one "layer". Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring literally "destructive" behavior to native as one and only effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics). Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated. Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is not "urgent" to wear it at all. Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always there. BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never "urgent" as you can read. It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some additional help, so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than enough. There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list. Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;) Regards,Maja Strbac Hari Om Tat Sat    --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com>[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?To: Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AMnobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))--- In , "chandan486" <wavelogix@. ..> wrote:>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||> > Dear All,> > A question just popped up into my mind this morning and thought maybe> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.> > Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic energy in> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its tamasic ?> > For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost important> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic graha ,> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase tamasic> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form of the> graha's innate energy ?> > If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone of> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people like me> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate sattwic> energy.> > Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person more> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ... Diamond in> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which wouldnt> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if their> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....> > Hope you guys get my point ..> > Please comment ,> > humble regards,> Chandan S.>

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Chandan, Namaste

That last paragraph of your writing down there... I would not mind that kind of vocabulary if we were talking in real time and space, or if you wrote it to me privately (let's not pretend, privately I mostly sound same like you in that last paragraph :), but here... Have I already started to sound like your mom, ha? :) My point is: maybe this is not the right place for "S (BEEEEEEEEP)IT" and "F(BEEEEEEEEP)CK" words. Would you agree?

If you really have an unstoppable urge to write an email containing these words to someone who is learning Jyotish, send one to me privately any time. Here I am. Go on right ahead. :)

Personally, I really don't mind, but when I think of few people who might read this what you wrote... Come on... for that sake, please.

Regards,

Maja Strbac

Hari Om Tat Sat

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, chandan486 <wavelogix wrote:

chandan486 <wavelogix[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 2:44 AM

dear maja , thanks for taking off some time to post ! .. well i completely agree to you when you say , wearing a gemstone may not be that Urgent if its not that compelling in a chart ... how ever mantra may not be suitable for everyone.I hope you realize the proper intonations and stress that need to be made on every letter in a mantra , so that everytime its recited , its actually vibrates with its inherent potency ? how fair do u think is posting " Aum gurave namah " and asking some one to recite it by just reading it ? mantras are much more than that .. more so , it requires a lot of dedication and patience to see a mantra work and unfortunately many ppl dont have patience these days , so maybe gemstones are the quick and easy way out ! thought may be not the most powerful ... !I agree that mangal being lagnesha , a ruby or yellow sapphire would be more promising ,

provided other conditions are fulfilled.. however , since i have mangal yuti ketu in 9th house in rasi , i anyways cant wear a coral...summing it up ! unless u carry mantra siddhi or some diksha from past life .. u might never be able to realize what a mantra really is ! gemstones are shit , trust me .. even then i wear them ... lol ...humble regards,chandan s., Maja Štrbac <majastrbacastro@ ...> wrote:>> > > Om Gurave Namah>  > Dear Chandan, Namaste>  > I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically, Gemstones corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is just one "layer". Pure structure of

Gemstone will not bring literally "destructive" behavior to native as one and only effect if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas in chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone for Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of energy and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics). >  > Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.>  > Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If

placement of Guru is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It is not "urgent" to wear it at all.>  > Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more than welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in

celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always there.>  > BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain positions in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never "urgent" as you can read. It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some additional help, so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than enough.>  > There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice: if you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on list. Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)>  > Regards,> Maja Strbac>  > Hari Om Tat Sat>  >  >  >

Â

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

Share your data. Both Saturn and Rahu are badhakesh. But who says you

cannot wear a gemstone for the over rated badhakesh :))

love,

Swee

On 19 Nov 2008, at 09:45, chandan486 wrote:

> well maybe , some will agree on the left hand v/s right hand

> placements for gemstones and some wont ! let me share my personal

> experience on the same

>

> Using vimshottari from chandra nakshatra im running Moon MD - Rahu

> AD and from lagna nakshatra im running Rahu MD. so anyways gomedhak

> (rahu's gem), should show me considerable effects. rahu is placed in

> 3rd house , thereby having dristi on the 9th house (rasi and graha

> dristi both)

>

> i have been personally doing spiritual exercises since last 4 years

> and have developed a very fine sense for sutble energy changes.

>

> this morning in a shubha muhurta , i did wear a gomedhak on my LEft

> Hand and I got benefic results withib 1hr .... can u beat that ????

>

> btw , i have mesha lagna , so rahu is anyways badhak ...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Maja,

>> Namaste

>>

>> To answer your question on rudhira:

>> Sun constitutes the sixteen sounds of the head and facial

> features

>> whilst the first sign is presided over by Mars - the movable

> sign,

>> denoting dynamism and the pioneering sign, being the first sign

> of

>> the zodiac.

>> However, rudhira does look like zoisite i.e., the host rock is

> green

>> and " eroded " ruby which has under gone rapid cooling. Hence,

> Rudhira

>> belongs to the Sun.

>>

>> As for Bhismamani, it is the crystaline pegmatite. A pegmatite is

>> normally the host rock for the beryl family. Beryls can come in

>> colours of yellow, green (as in the emerald), blue (as in

> aquamarine)

>> and apple green (aquamarine, though crystalised to perfection,

> has

>> not undergone as much heat as the blue aquamarine).

>>

>> Left - right placements: Inferences from Narada Purana that

> Radha,

>> Durga etc ie Shakti emanated from the left side of Krishna. Since

>> Moon presides over gemstones and herbs, that Moon rules the left

> side

>> of our body, and the invisible part of the zodiac how do we

> logically

>> conclude that to quell a malefic planet, we are to wear it on the

>> left side?

>>

>> Anyway, my forte is not on gemstones - just because I mined it

> and

>> that we've come from the third generation knowledge, but to work

>> under strict instructions of tantra and yantra with my Guru. (So

>> sorry for the book :|| ).

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>> On 18 Nov 2008, at 14:34, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>>

>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>

>>> Dear Swee, Namaste

>>>

>>> Wow! :)

>>>

>>> I wish if I was more prepared for this dialogue (with some more

>>> knowledge) so I could have some use of it. Like this... I can

> not

>>> decide what to ask you first.

>>>

>>> " References " ? Dear Swee, the only " reference " I have for now is

>>> links for threads on list and few articles on web where I

> collected

>>> just basics (now after reading your reply... I am not sure

> those

>>> are basics anymore :). You should see that sparkle in my eyes

>>> whenever someone mentions Gemology, but after realizing I have

> met

>>> with some contradictive rules while trying to collect more

>>> information on this subject, I decided to be patient and wait

> for

>>> " better times " to learn more about this. And to stick to one

>>> " reference " only. That would be you. Here I am waiting for your

>>> book on Gemology to be published.

>>>

>>> I am patient, but... can't hold my self from asking you when can

> we

>>> expect it to be published?

>>>

>>> Since I was very lucky to get a reply from you personally, now I

> am

>>> using my opportunity to ask you a few questions (hope you will

> have

>>> some free time for a reply):

>>>

>>> This is from your email:

>>>

>>> 1. " Since both Sun and Mars are considered to be " Agni " , do we

> take

>>> this as Rudhira belonging to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone

>>> comes in two tones "

>>>

>>> From your writing I can only conclude that Bloodstone is related

> to

>>> both Sun and Mars, but I suppose that we are making a choice

>>> depending on tone (one tone is used for Sun and other for

> Mars).

>>> Correct?

>>>

>>> 2. So far many times I have read that Hessonite is corresponding

> to

>>> Rahu. This is new to me. Orange Garnet for Rahu, correct? Or

> just

>>> any Garnet? What are other tones for Garnet besides orange?

>>>

>>> 3. " Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in

> the

>>> shastras? "

>>>

>>> Up there I was mentioning you my " references " . It is not from

>>> Shastra directly. Back then when I was reading about " right

> hand

>>> corresponds Jupiter/increasing effects and left hand

> corresponds

>>> Venus/decreasing effects " for the first time, I decided to

> adopt

>>> this after reading it in emails written by few list members in

>>> whose knowledge level I trust. But now, of course I would love

> to

>>> read whatever you have to write about this.

>>>

>>> 4. " Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested. "

>>>

>>> What is " bhisma mani " ? What is the purpose of wearing it around

> neck?

>>>

>>> Thank you so much for including in this thread.

>>>

>>> Warm Regards and Love,

>>> Maja Strbac

>>>

>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>

>>>

>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>>> Swee Chan <swee

>>> Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem

> Stone ?

>>>

>>> Cc: Sohamsa , " " <SJC-

> Africa >

>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:24 PM

>>>

>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>

>>> Dear Maja,

>>> Namaste

>>>

>>> Begging to differ with references:

>>>

>>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali

> defects,

>>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

> colour

>>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and

> the

>>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

> around

>>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

>>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>>>

>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

>>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

> of

>>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which

> was

>>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and

> Mars

>>> are considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira

> belonging

>>> to the Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>>>

>>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes

> malfeasance

>>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

>>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

> Venus

>>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

> donate

>>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice,

> white

>>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the

> rendition/

>>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will

> quickly

>>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>>>

>>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

>>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>>>

>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

> as

>>> suggested for giving dakshina.

>>>

>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter

> can

>>> only do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>>>

>>>

>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>>>

>>> love,

>>>

>>> Swee

>>>

>>>

>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>>>

>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>

>>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

>>>>

>>>> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

> Gemstones

>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and

> same

>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this

> is

>>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring

>>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as one and only

> effect

>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas

> in

>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on

>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of

>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone

> for

>>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

> energy

>>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

>>>>

>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native

> is

>>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is quite complicated.

>>>>

>>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones

> for

>>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh

>>>> lagna (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your

> chart),

>>>> in that case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of

> Guru

>>>> is auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

>>>> Coral, when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This

> mentioned

>>>> above is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

>>>> Gemstones. On the other hand, in case you follow out this

> basic

>>>> procedure in someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only

>>>> Gemstone you can prescribe, would you agree with me that this

>>>> native can live a happy and normal life even without wearing

> this

>>>> Gemstone? :) It is not " urgent " to wear it at all.

>>>>

>>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha

>>>> which is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this

> can

>>>> be urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord

> and

>>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more

> than

>>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living

> in

>>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided

>>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is

> always

>>>> there.

>>>>

>>>> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

> positions

>>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never " urgent " as you can

> read.

>>>> It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some additional

> help,

>>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more

> than

>>>> enough.

>>>>

>>>> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

>>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice:

> if

>>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be

> patient

>>>> until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

> list.

>>>> Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

>>>>

>>>> Regards,

>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>

>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

>>>> chandan486 <wavelogix (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

>>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

>>>>

>>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

>>>>

>>>> nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

>>>>

>>>> , " chandan486 "

> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>> wrote:

>>>>>

>>>>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>>>>>

>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>

>>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning and

> thought

>>>> maybe

>>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

>>>>>

>>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic

> energy

>>>> in

>>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its

> tamasic ?

>>>>>

>>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

>>>> important

>>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

>>>> graha ,

>>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

>>>> tamasic

>>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form

> of the

>>>>> graha's innate energy ?

>>>>>

>>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone

> of

>>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people

> like me

>>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

>>>> sattwic

>>>>> energy.

>>>>>

>>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person

> more

>>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ...

> Diamond

>>>> in

>>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

>>>> wouldnt

>>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if

> their

>>>>> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>>>>>

>>>>> Hope you guys get my point ..

>>>>>

>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>

>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

> ---

>

> ~ om tat sat ~

> reading today

• 3 weeks later...

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda Purana, in the

description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group of the sapphire

(Padmaraga) family.

Please correct your info.

Anyway, will write an article on the same.

love,

Swee

On 19 Nov 2008, at 12:21, chandan486 wrote:

> as per my info , cats eye is referred to as " Vaiduria " or Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> will wearing a cats eye give me the

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>> What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for " cat's eye " ?

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>> On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:47, chandan486 wrote:

>>

>>> further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha mangal conj with ketu

>>> sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats eye give me the

>>> effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana tht gives 100%

>>> opposite effects and yuti simply gives each others effects in the

>>> appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>> Begging to differ with references:

>>>>

>>>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali

> defects,

>>>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

>>> colour

>>>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and

> the

>>>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

>>> around

>>>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

>>>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>>>>

>>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

>>>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst Rudhira/

>>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The " seed "

>>> of

>>>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which

> was

>>>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and

> Mars

>>> are

>>>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira belonging to

>>> the

>>>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>>>>

>>>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

>>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes malfeasance

>>>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's birth, a

>>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow garment

>>>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

>>> Venus

>>>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

>>> donate

>>>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice,

> white

>>>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the

> rendition/

>>>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will

> quickly

>>>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>>>>

>>>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

>>>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>>>>

>>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three planets

>>> as

>>>> suggested for giving dakshina.

>>>>

>>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter can

>>> only

>>>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>>>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is suggested.

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

>>>>>

>>>>> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

>>> Gemstones

>>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and same

>>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is

>>>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone will not bring

>>>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as one and only

>>> effect

>>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain Dosas

>>> in

>>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very dependant on

>>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on purpose of

>>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a Gemstone

>>> for

>>>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

>>> energy

>>>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

>>>>>

>>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for native is

>>>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

>>>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing Gemstones for

>>>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are Mesh

>>> lagna

>>>>> (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your chart), in

>>> that

>>>>> case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru is

>>>>> auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

>>> Coral,

>>>>> when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This mentioned

>>> above

>>>>> is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

>>> Gemstones.

>>>>> On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic procedure

>>> in

>>>>> someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only Gemstone you

>>> can

>>>>> prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can live a

>>>>> happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone? :) It

>>> is

>>>>> not " urgent " to wear it at all.

>>>>>

>>>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to Graha

>>> which

>>>>> is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can be

>>>>> urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord and

>>>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is more

>>> than

>>>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is living in

>>>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be avoided

>>>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>>>> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

>>> positions

>>>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never " urgent " as you can

>>> read.

>>>>> It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some additional

>>> help,

>>>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

>>>>> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

>>>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly advice:

>>> if

>>>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be patient

>>>>> until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

>>> list.

>>>>> Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix@> wrote:

>>>>> chandan486 <wavelogix@>

>>>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

>>>>>

>>>>> nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

>>>>>

>>>>> , " chandan486 "

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

>>>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into this.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

>>>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

>>>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes outmost

>>>>> important

>>>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

>>>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also increase

>>>>> tamasic

>>>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>> graha's innate energy ?

>>>>>>

>>>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a gemstone

> of

>>>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if people

>>> like me

>>>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a person

> more

>>>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic ...

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

>>>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person which

>>>>> wouldnt

>>>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even though if

>>> their

>>>>>> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Hope you guys get my point ..

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ---

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

>>> Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram.

>>> Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama Krishna'

>>> (2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who

> said

>>> that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for animals.

>>> (3) Practice charity in thought and deed - do one free chart

>>> reading today

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Swee,

We are eagerly awaiting your book on gems with so many

puranic references.!

All the best

Lakshmi

--- Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Chandan,

> Namaste

>

> As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda

> Purana, in the

> description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group

> of the sapphire

> (Padmaraga) family.

> Please correct your info.

>

> Anyway, will write an article on the same.

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

>

> On 19 Nov 2008, at 12:21, chandan486 wrote:

>

> > as per my info , cats eye is referred to as

> " Vaiduria " or Lehsunia

> > by the known...

> >

> > humble regards,

> > chandan s.

> >

> >

> > , Swee Chan

> <swee wrote:

> >>

> >> Jaya Jagannatha

> >>

> >> Dear Chandan S,

> >> Namaste

> >>

> >>> will wearing a cats eye give me the

> >>> effects of mangal ?

> >>

> >> What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for " cat's

> eye " ?

> >>

> >> love,

> >>

> >> Swee

> >>

> >>

> >> On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:47, chandan486 wrote:

> >>

> >>> further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha

> mangal conj with ketu

> >>> sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats

> eye give me the

> >>> effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana

> tht gives 100%

> >>> opposite effects and yuti simply gives each

> others effects in the

> >>> appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

> >>>

> >>> humble regards,

> >>> chandan s.

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> , Swee Chan

> <swee@> wrote:

> >>>>

> >>>> Jaya Jagannatha

> >>>>

> >>>> Dear Maja,

> >>>> Namaste

> >>>>

> >>>> Begging to differ with references:

> >>>>

> >>>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to

> dispel Kali

> > defects,

> >>>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite

> (Tea to Brown

> >>> colour

> >>>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly

> describes the area and

> > the

> >>>> type of gem which can only be identified with

> Garnet, since

> >>> around

> >>>> the Narmada river and many other places,

> Garnets (and not

> >>>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the

> shaligrams.

> >>>>

> >>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring

> " mucho

> >>>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries)

> whilst Rudhira/

> >>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and

> servants. The " seed "

> >>> of

> >>>> the rudhira came from the facial features of

> bala asura which

> > was

> >>>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since

> both Sun and

> > Mars

> >>> are

> >>>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as

> Rudhira belonging to

> >>> the

> >>>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two

> tones

> >>>>

> >>>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

> >>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that

> causes malfeasance

> >>>> either through transit or a bad combination

> from one's birth, a

> >>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil)

> and yellow garment

> >>>> should be donated to remove evils. For the

> other planets like

> >>> Venus

> >>>> (another natural benefic that you and others

> here consider),

> >>> donate

> >>>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white

> horse, rice,

> > white

> >>>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of

> course, the

> > rendition/

> >>>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in

> Parashara) will

> > quickly

> >>>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

> >>>>

> >>>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

> >>>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

> >>>>

> >>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from

> the three planets

> >>> as

> >>>> suggested for giving dakshina.

> >>>>

> >>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers

> that Jupiter can

> >>> only

> >>>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a

> fallacy.

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it

> stated in the

> >>>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the

> neck is suggested.

> >>>>

> >>>> love,

> >>>>

> >>>> Swee

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

> >>>>

> >>>>> Om Gurave Namah

> >>>>>

> >>>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

> >>>>>

> >>>>> I think that answer to your question is yes.

> Basically,

> >>> Gemstones

> >>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such

> vibration, and same

> >>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik

> Gemstones/Grahas. But... this is

> >>>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone

> will not bring

> >>>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as

> one and only

> >>> effect

> >>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape

> from certain Dosas

> >>> in

> >>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is

> very dependant on

> >>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It

> depends on purpose of

> >>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it,

> so a Gemstone

> >>> for

> >>>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases

> this type of

> >>> energy

> >>>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of

> Malefics).

> >>>>>

> >>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a

> Gemstone for native is

> >>>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is

> quite

> > complicated.

> >>>>>

>

=== message truncated ===

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Gurvi,

Namaste

In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as Vaidurya (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl.

Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <swee[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? , sohamsa Cc: "" Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PMJaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda Purana, in the description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group of the sapphire (Padmaraga) family.

love,

Swee

> as per my info , cats eye is referred to as "Vaiduria " or

Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>> What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for "cat's eye"?

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>>

> defects,

>>> colour

> the

>>> around

>>>>

>>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring "mucho

>>>> dineros" (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst

Rudhira/

>>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The

"seed"

>>> of

> was

> Mars

>>> are

>>>> considered to be "Agni", do we take this as Rudhira

belonging to

>>> the

>>>>

>>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes

malfeasance

>>>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's

birth, a

>>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow

garment

>>> Venus

>>> donate

> white

> rendition/

> quickly

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three

planets

>>> as

>>>>

>>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter

can

>>> only

>>>>

>>>> >>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja ©trbac wrote:

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>> Gemstones

>>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and

same

>>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But...

this is

>>>>> just one "layer". Pure structure of Gemstone

will not bring

>>>>> literally "destructive" behavior to native as

one and only

>>> effect

>>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain

Dosas

>>> in

>>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very

dependant on

>>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on

purpose of

>>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a

Gemstone

>>> for

>>> energy

>>>>>

>>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for

native is

>>>>> "piece of cake"... Well, not really. :) It is

quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

>>>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing

Gemstones for

>>>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are

Mesh

>>> lagna

>>>>> (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your

chart), in

>>> that

>>>>> case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru

is

>>> Coral,

>>>>> when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This

mentioned

>>> above

>>> Gemstones.

>>>>> On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic

procedure

>>> in

>>>>> someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only

Gemstone you

>>> can

>>>>> prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can

live a

>>>>> happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone?

:) It

>>> is

>>>>> not "urgent" to wear it at all.

>>>>>

>>>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to

Graha

>>> which

>>>>> is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can

be

>>>>> urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord

and

>>>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is

more

>>> than

>>>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is

living in

>>>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be

avoided

>>>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is

always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>> positions

>>>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never

"urgent" as you can

>>> read.

>>>>> It is a kind of "accessory" which can be of some

additional

>>> help,

>>>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more

than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

>>>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly

advice:

>>> if

>>>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be

patient

>>> list.

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem

Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> ,

"chandan486"

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning

and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

>>>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into

this.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase

tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

>>>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself

its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

>>>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes

outmost

>>>>> important

>>>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a

Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

>>>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also

increase

>>>>> tamasic

>>>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a

concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>>

>>>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a

gemstone

> of

>>>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if

people

>>> like me

>>>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to

cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a

person

> more

>>>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

>>>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person

which

>>>>> wouldnt

>>>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even

though if

>>> their

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ---

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

>>> Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama

Krishna'

> said

>>> reading today

Jaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteWell spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version and finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked with Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English translation from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent years trying to figure out the "english" equivalent of vaiDUrya and thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the english translation from Motilal Banarsidass's translation stating that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit says that is from the "pusparaga" family. I take this as the "corundum" family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just about done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?Sanskrit - vaiDUryalove,SweeOn 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:Om Brihaspataye Namah Dear Gurvi,Namaste In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as Vaidurya (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl. Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name? Jaya Sita RaamaBivash--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:Swee Chan <swee[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? , sohamsa Cc: "" Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PMJaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

(Padmaraga) family.

love,

Swee

Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>>

> defects,

>>> colour

> the

>>> around

>>>>

Rudhira/

"seed"

>>> of

> was

> Mars

>>> are

belonging to

>>> the

>>>>

malfeasance

birth, a

garment

>>> Venus

>>> donate

> white

> rendition/

> quickly

>>>>

>>>>

planets

>>> as

>>>>

can

>>> only

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>> Gemstones

same

this is

will not bring

one and only

>>> effect

Dosas

>>> in

dependant on

purpose of

Gemstone

>>> for

>>> energy

>>>>>

native is

quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

Gemstones for

Mesh

>>> lagna

chart), in

>>> that

is

>>> Coral,

mentioned

>>> above

>>> Gemstones.

procedure

>>> in

Gemstone you

>>> can

live a

>>> is

>>>>>

Graha

>>> which

be

and

more

>>> than

living in

avoided

always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>> positions

"urgent" as you can

>>> read.

additional

>>> help,

than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

advice:

>>> if

patient

>>> list.

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> ,

"chandan486"

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

this.

>>>>>>

tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

outmost

>>>>> important

Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

increase

>>>>> tamasic

concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>>

gemstone

> of

people

>>> like me

cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

person

> more

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

which

>>>>> wouldnt

though if

>>> their

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ---

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

Krishna'

> said

>>> reading today

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Gurvi,

Namaste

Interesting to note that Prabhupada's vedabase lists Vaidurya as a "a special diamond, lapis lazuli, emeralds, diamonds"

see Srimad Bhagavatam:

Obviously I dont know sanskrit so I cant comment, however they also mention maarakata as emeralds in 3.15.20

Its fascinating to learn that the inhabitants of Vaikuntha have their airplanes made of Vaidurya.

Thankyou for clearing this up- looking forward to your article.

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Cc: sohamsa , Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:28 AM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Bivash,

Namaste

Well spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version and finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked with Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English translation from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent years trying to figure out the "english" equivalent of vaiDUrya and thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the english translation from Motilal Banarsidass' s translation stating that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit says that is from the "pusparaga" family. I take this as the "corundum" family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just about done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.

Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?

Sanskrit - vaiDUrya

love,

Swee

On 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Gurvi,

Namaste

In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as Vaidurya (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl.

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm> wrote:

Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?, sohamsa@ .comCc: "" <@gro ups.com>Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PMJaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda Purana, in the description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group of the sapphire (Padmaraga) family.

love,

Swee

Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>>

> defects,

>>> colour

> the

>>> around

>>>>

Rudhira/

"seed"

>>> of

> was

> Mars

>>> are

belonging to

>>> the

>>>>

malfeasance

birth, a

garment

>>> Venus

>>> donate

> white

> rendition/

> quickly

>>>>

>>>>

planets

>>> as

>>>>

can

>>> only

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja ©trbac wrote:

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>> Gemstones

same

this is

will not bring

one and only

>>> effect

Dosas

>>> in

dependant on

purpose of

Gemstone

>>> for

>>> energy

>>>>>

native is

quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

Gemstones for

Mesh

>>> lagna

chart), in

>>> that

is

>>> Coral,

mentioned

>>> above

>>> Gemstones.

procedure

>>> in

Gemstone you

>>> can

live a

>>> is

>>>>>

Graha

>>> which

be

and

more

>>> than

living in

avoided

always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>> positions

"urgent" as you can

>>> read.

additional

>>> help,

than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

advice:

>>> if

patient

>>> list.

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> ,

"chandan486"

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

this.

>>>>>>

tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

outmost

>>>>> important

Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

increase

>>>>> tamasic

concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>>

gemstone

> of

people

>>> like me

cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

person

> more

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

which

>>>>> wouldnt

though if

>>> their

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ------------ --------- --------- ------

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

Krishna'

> said

>>> reading today

Dear All,

this article on " Vaidurya " may be of some interest:

http://www.thdl.org/texts/reprints/bot/bot_1990_01-03_04.pdf

Best Regards,

SS

sohamsa , Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

>

> Dear Bivash,

> Namaste

>

> Well spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version

and

> finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked

with

> Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English

translation

> from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent

> years trying to figure out the " english " equivalent of vaiDUrya

and

> thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the

> english translation from Motilal Banarsidass's translation stating

> that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done

> (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit

says

> that is from the " pusparaga " family. I take this as the " corundum "

> family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just

about

> done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.

>

> > Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?

>

> Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?

> Sanskrit - vaiDUrya

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

>

> On 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

>

> > Om Brihaspataye Namah

> >

> > Dear Gurvi,

> > Namaste

> >

> > In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as

Vaidurya

> > (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl.

> >

> > Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?

> >

> > Jaya Sita Raama

> > Bivash

> >

> > --- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

> > Swee Chan <swee

> > [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic

Energy

> > of a Gem Stone ?

> > , sohamsa

> > Cc: " "

> > Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PM

> >

> > Jaya Jagannatha

> >

> > Dear Chandan,

> > Namaste

> >

> > As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda Purana, in the

> > description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group of the

sapphire

> > (Padmaraga) family.

> > Please correct your info.

> >

> > Anyway, will write an article on the same.

> >

> > love,

> >

> > Swee

> >

> >

> > On 19 Nov 2008, at 12:21, chandan486 wrote:

> >

> > > as per my info , cats eye is referred to as " Vaiduria " or

> > Lehsunia

> > > by the known...

> > >

> > > humble regards,

> > > chandan s.

> > >

> > >

> > > , Swee Chan <swee@> wrote:

> > >>

> > >> Jaya Jagannatha

> > >>

> > >> Dear Chandan S,

> > >> Namaste

> > >>

> > >>> will wearing a cats eye give me the

> > >>> effects of mangal ?

> > >>

> > >> What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for " cat's eye " ?

> > >>

> > >> love,

> > >>

> > >> Swee

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:47, chandan486 wrote:

> > >>

> > >>> further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha mangal conj with

ketu

> > >>> sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats eye give me

the

> > >>> effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana tht gives 100%

> > >>> opposite effects and yuti simply gives each others effects in

the

> > >>> appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

> > >>>

> > >>> humble regards,

> > >>> chandan s.

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

> > wrote:

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Jaya Jagannatha

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Dear Maja,

> > >>>> Namaste

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Begging to differ with references:

> > >>>>

> > >>>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali

> > > defects,

> > >>>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

> > >>> colour

> > >>>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and

> > > the

> > >>>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

> > >>> around

> > >>>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

> > >>>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

> > >>>>

> > >>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

> > >>>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst

> > Rudhira/

> > >>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The

> > " seed "

> > >>> of

> > >>>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which

> > > was

> > >>>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and

> > > Mars

> > >>> are

> > >>>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira

> > belonging to

> > >>> the

> > >>>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

> > >>>>

> > >>>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

> > >>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes

> > malfeasance

> > >>>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's

> > birth, a

> > >>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow

> > garment

> > >>>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

> > >>> Venus

> > >>>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

> > >>> donate

> > >>>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice,

> > > white

> > >>>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the

> > > rendition/

> > >>>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will

> > > quickly

> > >>>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

> > >>>>

> > >>>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

> > >>>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

> > >>>>

> > >>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three

> > planets

> > >>> as

> > >>>> suggested for giving dakshina.

> > >>>>

> > >>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter

> > can

> > >>> only

> > >>>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

> > >>>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is

suggested.

> > >>>>

> > >>>> love,

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Swee

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

> > >>>>

> > >>>>> Om Gurave Namah

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

> > >>> Gemstones

> > >>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and

> > same

> > >>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But...

> > this is

> > >>>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone

> > will not bring

> > >>>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as

> > one and only

> > >>> effect

> > >>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain

> > Dosas

> > >>> in

> > >>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very

> > dependant on

> > >>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on

> > purpose of

> > >>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a

> > Gemstone

> > >>> for

> > >>>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

> > >>> energy

> > >>>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for

> > native is

> > >>>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is

> > quite

> > > complicated.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing

> > Gemstones for

> > >>>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are

> > Mesh

> > >>> lagna

> > >>>>> (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your

> > chart), in

> > >>> that

> > >>>>> case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru

> > is

> > >>>>> auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

> > >>> Coral,

> > >>>>> when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This

> > mentioned

> > >>> above

> > >>>>> is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

> > >>> Gemstones.

> > >>>>> On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic

> > procedure

> > >>> in

> > >>>>> someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only

> > Gemstone you

> > >>> can

> > >>>>> prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can

> > live a

> > >>>>> happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone?

> > :) It

> > >>> is

> > >>>>> not " urgent " to wear it at all.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to

> > Graha

> > >>> which

> > >>>>> is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can

> > be

> > >>>>> urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord

> > and

> > >>>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is

> > more

> > >>> than

> > >>>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is

> > living in

> > >>>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be

> > avoided

> > >>>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is

> > always

> > >>> there.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

> > >>> positions

> > >>>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never

> > " urgent " as you can

> > >>> read.

> > >>>>> It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some

> > additional

> > >>> help,

> > >>>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more

> > than

> > >>>>> enough.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

> > >>>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly

> > advice:

> > >>> if

> > >>>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be

> > patient

> > >>>>> until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

> > >>> list.

> > >>>>> Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Regards,

> > >>>>> Maja Strbac

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix@> wrote:

> > >>>>> chandan486 <wavelogix@>

> > >>>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem

> > Stone ?

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> ,

> > " chandan486 "

> > >>> <wavelogix@ ..>

> > >>>>> wrote:

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Dear All,

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning

> > and

> > > thought

> > >>>>> maybe

> > >>>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into

> > this.

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase

> > tamasic

> > >>> energy

> > >>>>> in

> > >>>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself

> > its

> > >>> tamasic ?

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes

> > outmost

> > >>>>> important

> > >>>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a

> > Tamasic

> > >>>>> graha ,

> > >>>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also

> > increase

> > >>>>> tamasic

> > >>>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a

> > concentrate form

> > >>> of the

> > >>>>>> graha's innate energy ?

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a

> > gemstone

> > > of

> > >>>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if

> > people

> > >>> like me

> > >>>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to

> > cultivate

> > >>>>> sattwic

> > >>>>>> energy.

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a

> > person

> > > more

> > >>>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic

> > ...

> > >>> Diamond

> > >>>>> in

> > >>>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person

> > which

> > >>>>> wouldnt

> > >>>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even

> > though if

> > >>> their

> > >>>>>> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Hope you guys get my point ..

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Please comment ,

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> humble regards,

> > >>>>>> Chandan S.

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>> ---

> > >>>

> > >>> ~ om tat sat ~

> > >>> Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram.

> > >>> Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama

> > Krishna'

> > >>> (2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who

> > > said

> > >>> that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for

animals.

> > >>> (3) Practice charity in thought and deed - do one free chart

> > >>> reading today

Jaya JagannathaDear Bivash,Namaste...perhaps layman terms and wrongly put regarding lapis lazuli. Many years ago, I had said that Lapis Lazuli is the most unlikely choice because its extraction requires the use of dynamite and Agastya Samhita is very opposed to such treatments.However, Chrysoberyl does get a mention in a later passage wrt vaiDUrya, but it is said not to have the same intrinsic merits as the star/cat's eyes from the corundum family - but regardless, great care has to be taken when choosing a gem from this category. This makes a lot more sense.Inhabitants of devalokas also use spathika vimala. That's another article altogether  and the current article forms the beginning of such understanding based on lessons from Jaimini Upadesa Year I and II...a whole new world within, thanks to Gurudeva Sanjay Rath. I need to be badgered or be inspired to write due to time constraints but the main thing for me is to try and understand. (The reference book I was looking for arrived via UPS last Monday because the one version in devanagari which I had, did not have the same references as the other two I already have, so I finally wrote my first word on Thursday.)mArataka IS emerald and linked with Garuda and green diamond has tutelage/guardianship of Sri Visnu. love,SweeOn 8 Dec 2008, at 09:57, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:Om Brihaspataye Namah Dear Gurvi,Namaste Interesting to note that Prabhupada's vedabase lists Vaidurya as a "a special diamond, lapis lazuli, emeralds, diamonds" see Srimad Bhagavatam:2.9.123.15.204.9.644.25.15 Obviously I dont know sanskrit so I cant comment, however they also mention maarakata as emeralds in 3.15.20 Its fascinating to learn that the inhabitants of Vaikuntha have their airplanes made of Vaidurya. Thankyou for clearing this up- looking forward to your article. Jaya Sita RaamaBivash   --- On Mon, 12/8/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? Cc: sohamsa , Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:28 AMJaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteWell spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version and finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked with Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English translation from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent years trying to figure out the "english" equivalent of vaiDUrya and thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the english translation from Motilal Banarsidass' s translation stating that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit says that is from the "pusparaga" family. I take this as the "corundum" family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just about done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?Sanskrit - vaiDUryalove,SweeOn 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:Om Brihaspataye Namah Dear Gurvi,Namaste In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as Vaidurya (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl. Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name? Jaya Sita RaamaBivash--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm> wrote:Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?To: , sohamsa@ .comCc: "" <@gro ups.com>Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PMJaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

(Padmaraga) family.

love,

Swee

Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>>

> defects,

>>> colour

> the

>>> around

>>>>

Rudhira/

"seed"

>>> of

> was

> Mars

>>> are

belonging to

>>> the

>>>>

malfeasance

birth, a

garment

>>> Venus

>>> donate

> white

> rendition/

> quickly

>>>>

>>>>

planets

>>> as

>>>>

can

>>> only

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>> Gemstones

same

this is

will not bring

one and only

>>> effect

Dosas

>>> in

dependant on

purpose of

Gemstone

>>> for

>>> energy

>>>>>

native is

quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

Gemstones for

Mesh

>>> lagna

chart), in

>>> that

is

>>> Coral,

mentioned

>>> above

>>> Gemstones.

procedure

>>> in

Gemstone you

>>> can

live a

>>> is

>>>>>

Graha

>>> which

be

and

more

>>> than

living in

avoided

always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>> positions

"urgent" as you can

>>> read.

additional

>>> help,

than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

advice:

>>> if

patient

>>> list.

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> ,

"chandan486"

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

this.

>>>>>>

tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

outmost

>>>>> important

Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

increase

>>>>> tamasic

concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>>

gemstone

> of

people

>>> like me

cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

person

> more

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

which

>>>>> wouldnt

though if

>>> their

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ------------ --------- --------- ------

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

Krishna'

> said

>>> reading today

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear SS,

Namaste

Thank you for the article. I have already identified the colour akin

to bamboo leaves (in my article)- which the writer claims turns from

dark green to yellow as it gets older!! Really? ;-)

love,

Swee

On 8 Dec 2008, at 11:27, Soul Sadhak wrote:

> Dear All,

>

> this article on " Vaidurya " may be of some interest:

> http://www.thdl.org/texts/reprints/bot/bot_1990_01-03_04.pdf

>

> Best Regards,

> SS

>

> sohamsa , Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>>

>> Dear Bivash,

>> Namaste

>>

>> Well spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version

> and

>> finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked

> with

>> Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English

> translation

>> from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent

>> years trying to figure out the " english " equivalent of vaiDUrya

> and

>> thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the

>> english translation from Motilal Banarsidass's translation stating

>> that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done

>> (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit

> says

>> that is from the " pusparaga " family. I take this as the " corundum "

>> family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just

> about

>> done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.

>>

>>> Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?

>>

>> Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?

>> Sanskrit - vaiDUrya

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>> On 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

>>

>>> Om Brihaspataye Namah

>>>

>>> Dear Gurvi,

>>> Namaste

>>>

>>> In your article on Ketu gemstones, you refer to the gem as

> Vaidurya

>>> (Cats eye) which is a variety of chrysoberyl.

>>>

>>> Is this the hindi name? What is the sanskrit name?

>>>

>>> Jaya Sita Raama

>>> Bivash

>>>

>>> --- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>>> Swee Chan <swee

>>> [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic

> Energy

>>> of a Gem Stone ?

>>> , sohamsa

>>> Cc: " "

>>> Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PM

>>>

>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>

>>> Dear Chandan,

>>> Namaste

>>>

>>> As per the description given in Chapter 73 Garuda Purana, in the

>>> description of Vaidurya, it is distinct to the group of the

> sapphire

>>> (Padmaraga) family.

>>> Please correct your info.

>>>

>>> Anyway, will write an article on the same.

>>>

>>> love,

>>>

>>> Swee

>>>

>>>

>>> On 19 Nov 2008, at 12:21, chandan486 wrote:

>>>

>>>> as per my info , cats eye is referred to as " Vaiduria " or

>>> Lehsunia

>>>> by the known...

>>>>

>>>> humble regards,

>>>> chandan s.

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> , Swee Chan <swee@> wrote:

>>>>>

>>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>>

>>>>> Dear Chandan S,

>>>>> Namaste

>>>>>

>>>>>> will wearing a cats eye give me the

>>>>>> effects of mangal ?

>>>>>

>>>>> What is the sanskrit (not hindi) name for " cat's eye " ?

>>>>>

>>>>> love,

>>>>>

>>>>> Swee

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> On 18 Nov 2008, at 12:47, chandan486 wrote:

>>>>>

>>>>>> further more , as (mesha lagna ), lagnesha mangal conj with

> ketu

>>>>>> sitting in the 9th house ... will wearing a cats eye give me

> the

>>>>>> effects of mangal ? or is it only parivartana tht gives 100%

>>>>>> opposite effects and yuti simply gives each others effects in

> the

>>>>>> appropriate dasas / bhuktis ?

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> chandan s.

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

>>> wrote:

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>>>>> Namaste

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Begging to differ with references:

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> The description of the Orange Garnet is to dispel Kali

>>>> defects,

>>>>>>> which incidentally many describe as Hessonite (Tea to Brown

>>>>>> colour

>>>>>>> Tourmaline). The Garuda Purana clearly describes the area and

>>>> the

>>>>>>> type of gem which can only be identified with Garnet, since

>>>>>> around

>>>>>>> the Narmada river and many other places, Garnets (and not

>>>>>>> Tourmalines) are produced besides the shaligrams.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> The dark red gu~nja berry sized coral can bring " mucho

>>>>>>> dineros " (abundance in wealth and granaries) whilst

>>> Rudhira/

>>>>>>> Bloodstone promises increase in wealth and servants. The

>>> " seed "

>>>>>> of

>>>>>>> the rudhira came from the facial features of bala asura which

>>>> was

>>>>>>> cast into the Narmada river by Agni deva. Since both Sun and

>>>> Mars

>>>>>> are

>>>>>>> considered to be " Agni " , do we take this as Rudhira

>>> belonging to

>>>>>> the

>>>>>>> Sun or to Mars? - the gemstone comes in two tones

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> THE TWO NATURAL BENEFICS:

>>>>>>> The Padma Purana states that for Jupiter that causes

>>> malfeasance

>>>>>>> either through transit or a bad combination from one's

>>> birth, a

>>>>>>> yellow sapphire, two portioned gram (lentil) and yellow

>>> garment

>>>>>>> should be donated to remove evils. For the other planets like

>>>>>> Venus

>>>>>>> (another natural benefic that you and others here consider),

>>>>>> donate

>>>>>>> silver. If in negative transit, donate a white horse, rice,

>>>> white

>>>>>>> garment, silver, sandalwood and camphor. Of course, the

>>>> rendition/

>>>>>>> chanting of Vedic mantras (also stated in Parashara) will

>>>> quickly

>>>>>>> quell/appease the graha concerned.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> For Saturn, donate a sapphire

>>>>>>> Rahu, donate a gomedha (garnet)

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> As you can see, there are THREE gemstones from the three

>>> planets

>>>>>> as

>>>>>>> suggested for giving dakshina.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> To conclude: The assumption by some astrologers that Jupiter

>>> can

>>>>>> only

>>>>>>> do good when you wear the Yellow Sapphire is a fallacy.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Query: The left and right fingers. Where is it stated in the

>>>>>>> shastras? Wearing the bhisma mani round the neck is

> suggested.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> love,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Swee

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:57, Maja Štrbac wrote:

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Dear Chandan, Namaste

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> I think that answer to your question is yes. Basically,

>>>>>> Gemstones

>>>>>>>> corresponding tamastic Grahas do carry such vibration, and

>>> same

>>>>>>>> applies to rajastic and satwik Gemstones/Grahas. But...

>>> this is

>>>>>>>> just one " layer " . Pure structure of Gemstone

>>> will not bring

>>>>>>>> literally " destructive " behavior to native as

>>> one and only

>>>>>> effect

>>>>>>>> if wearing Mangal/Red Coral is only escape from certain

>>> Dosas

>>>>>> in

>>>>>>>> chart. Final result of wearing a Gemstone is very

>>> dependant on

>>>>>>>> procedure we follow when choosing it. It depends on

>>> purpose of

>>>>>>>> Gemstone (even on the hand you are wearing it, so a

>>> Gemstone

>>>>>> for

>>>>>>>> Tamastic/Malefic graha on left hand decreases this type of

>>>>>> energy

>>>>>>>> and this is standard remedy for Maha Dasas of Malefics).

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Few months ago I thought that choosing a Gemstone for

>>> native is

>>>>>>>> " piece of cake " ... Well, not really. :) It is

>>> quite

>>>> complicated.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Let's say that basic idea is to avoid prescribing

>>> Gemstones for

>>>>>>>> Malefic/Tamastic Grahas if possible. Example: If you are

>>> Mesh

>>>>>> lagna

>>>>>>>> (you were mentioning that mangal is Lagnesh in your

>>> chart), in

>>>>>> that

>>>>>>>> case konas are Dhanu and Simha Rasi. If placement of Guru

>>> is

>>>>>>>> auspicious in your chart, why would you choose to wear Red

>>>>>> Coral,

>>>>>>>> when you can take Yellow Sapphire instead :) This

>>> mentioned

>>>>>> above

>>>>>>>> is example of applying just basic rules in prescribing

>>>>>> Gemstones.

>>>>>>>> On the other hand, in case you follow out this basic

>>> procedure

>>>>>> in

>>>>>>>> someone's chart and you get Red Coral as the only

>>> Gemstone you

>>>>>> can

>>>>>>>> prescribe, would you agree with me that this native can

>>> live a

>>>>>>>> happy and normal life even without wearing this Gemstone?

>>> :) It

>>>>>> is

>>>>>>>> not " urgent " to wear it at all.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Yet if we prescribe wearing a Gemstone correspondent to

>>> Graha

>>>>>> which

>>>>>>>> is escape from some terrible Dosas in chart, than this can

>>> be

>>>>>>>> urgent. For example, if Sukra is lagnesh, or 5th/9th lord

>>> and

>>>>>>>> braking KSY in someones chart, then wearing a Diamond is

>>> more

>>>>>> than

>>>>>>>> welcome. But if this chart belongs to a person who is

>>> living in

>>>>>>>> celibacy... In that case, wearing a Diamond is to be

>>> avoided

>>>>>>>> (increasing rajas is just one of the reasons). Choice is

>>> always

>>>>>> there.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> BTW mantra is always more than enough to remedy certain

>>>>>> positions

>>>>>>>> in chart, so wearing a Gemstone is never

>>> " urgent " as you can

>>>>>> read.

>>>>>>>> It is a kind of " accessory " which can be of some

>>> additional

>>>>>> help,

>>>>>>>> so spiritual people can simply stick to mantra. It is more

>>> than

>>>>>>>> enough.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> There are even more complicated procedures for prescribing

>>>>>>>> Gemstones comparing to those I was mentioning. Friendly

>>> advice:

>>>>>> if

>>>>>>>> you decide to post some more questions on Gemstones, be

>>> patient

>>>>>>>> until Swee Chan is more included in answering questions on

>>>>>> list.

>>>>>>>> Trust me, it is worth of waiting ;)

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Regards,

>>>>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chandan486 <wavelogix@> wrote:

>>>>>>>> chandan486 <wavelogix@>

>>>>>>>> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem

>>> Stone ?

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Monday, November 17, 2008, 3:07 AM

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> nobody has an answer to this ? please ... !! :))

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> ,

>>> " chandan486 "

>>>>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> ||Aum namo bhagwate Rudraya||

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> A question just popped up into my mind this morning

>>> and

>>>> thought

>>>>>>>> maybe

>>>>>>>>> some of the learned here can give some insights into

>>> this.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Do gems have the power or the tendency to increase

>>> tamasic

>>>>>> energy

>>>>>>>> in

>>>>>>>>> the body if the graha associated with that gem itself

>>> its

>>>>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> For eg , I have Mars as my Lagnesha , so it becomes

>>> outmost

>>>>>>>> important

>>>>>>>>> for me to wear a Red Coral , however Mangal also is a

>>> Tamasic

>>>>>>>> graha ,

>>>>>>>>> so when I wear a Red Coral wouldnt the gemstone also

>>> increase

>>>>>>>> tamasic

>>>>>>>>> energy in my body ? since the gemstone is a

>>> concentrate form

>>>>>> of the

>>>>>>>>> graha's innate energy ?

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> If this is the case , then why would anybody wear a

>>> gemstone

>>>> of

>>>>>>>>> tamasic grahas ? neelam for example ... specially if

>>> people

>>>>>> like me

>>>>>>>>> who do spritual practices and are always trying to

>>> cultivate

>>>>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Also wouldnt wearing A diamond or an Emerald make a

>>> person

>>>> more

>>>>>>>>> rajasic , since Venus and Budh are themselves rajasic

>>> ...

>>>>>> Diamond

>>>>>>>> in

>>>>>>>>> this case , wouldnt it increase the desire in a person

>>> which

>>>>>>>> wouldnt

>>>>>>>>> be the effect some one spiritual would want , even

>>> though if

>>>>>> their

>>>>>>>>> chart compels them to wear a diamond ....

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Hope you guys get my point ..

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> ---

>>>>>>

>>>>>> ~ om tat sat ~

>>>>>> Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram.

>>>>>> Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama

>>> Krishna'

>>>>>> (2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who

>>>> said

>>>>>> that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for

> animals.

>>>>>> (3) Practice charity in thought and deed - do one free chart

>>>>>> reading today

Dear Swee,

Oh! I thought you wanted to know the Hindi name. I agree that one line is preferable to three. Some linguistics experts say that the name beryl is derivate of Vaidurya. There is an article to that effect from Indian Journal of History of Sciences by Arunkumar Biswas researching and commenting on the etymological roots of Marakat and Vaidurya.

If you think that could be useful to you, I could send it to you.

Love,

Chandrashekhar.

-

Swee Chan

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:10 AM

Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandrashekar,

Namaste

I am not the one who asked for the hindi name, but Bivash did. Since I am not deciphering from hindi texts, the hindi name is irrelevant to me. The best cat's eye effect should only have the single line and not three. Chrysoberyl is the secondary choice though since I've received the book a week ago.

love,

Swee

On 8 Dec 2008, at 20:57, Chandrashekhar wrote:

Dear Swee,

The Hindi name for it is Lahsuniyaa. I think it is indeed from the Chrysoberyl family. Generally with a tint of green. It has one to three lines at the centre and they look like the pupil of the cat. But you are the expert on Gems and must know exactly to which family of gems it belongs.

Love,

Chandrashekhar.

-

Swee Chan

Cc: sohamsa ;

Monday, December 08, 2008 12:58 PM

Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ?

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Bivash,

Namaste

Well spotted!! I spent a while looking for the sanskrit version and finally found it published by Nag Publishers and cross checked with Eastern Booklinkers (sanskrit and English). The English translation from Motilal Banarsidass has to be chucked out the window! I spent years trying to figure out the "english" equivalent of vaiDUrya and thought that it had to be chrysoberyl from the description of the english translation from Motilal Banarsidass's translation stating that it is Lapis Lazuli - like many other translators have done (Eastern Booklinkers also, without exception), but the sanskrit says that is from the "pusparaga" family. I take this as the "corundum" family - which means any of the ruby and sapphires. I am just about done with my article on vaiDUrya for the JD Jan issue.

Hindi name? - My mother tongue is not Hindi. Is yours?

Sanskrit - vaiDUrya

love,

Swee

On 8 Dec 2008, at 07:48, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Gurvi,

Namaste

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm> wrote:

Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Tamasic Energy of a Gem Stone ? , sohamsa Cc: "" Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:18 PMJaya Jagannatha

Dear Chandan,

Namaste

love,

Swee

Lehsunia

> by the known...

>

> humble regards,

> chandan s.

>

>

>>

>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>

>> Dear Chandan S,

>> Namaste

>>

>>> effects of mangal ?

>>

>>

>> love,

>>

>> Swee

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> humble regards,

>>> chandan s.

>>>

>>>

>>> , Swee Chan <swee@>

wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Jaya Jagannatha

>>>>

>>>> Dear Maja,

>>>> Namaste

>>>>

>>>>

> defects,

>>> colour

> the

>>> around

>>>>

Rudhira/

"seed"

>>> of

> was

> Mars

>>> are

belonging to

>>> the

>>>>

malfeasance

birth, a

garment

>>> Venus

>>> donate

> white

> rendition/

> quickly

>>>>

>>>>

planets

>>> as

>>>>

can

>>> only

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> love,

>>>>

>>>> Swee

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>> Gemstones

same

this is

will not bring

one and only

>>> effect

Dosas

>>> in

dependant on

purpose of

Gemstone

>>> for

>>> energy

>>>>>

native is

quite

> complicated.

>>>>>

Gemstones for

Mesh

>>> lagna

chart), in

>>> that

is

>>> Coral,

mentioned

>>> above

>>> Gemstones.

procedure

>>> in

Gemstone you

>>> can

live a

>>> is

>>>>>

Graha

>>> which

be

and

more

>>> than

living in

avoided

always

>>> there.

>>>>>

>>> positions

"urgent" as you can

>>> read.

additional

>>> help,

than

>>>>> enough.

>>>>>

advice:

>>> if

patient

>>> list.

>>>>>

>>>>> Regards,

>>>>> Maja Strbac

>>>>>

>>>>> Hari Om Tat Sat

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

Stone ?

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> ,

"chandan486"

>>> <wavelogix@ ..>

>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Dear All,

>>>>>>

and

> thought

>>>>> maybe

this.

>>>>>>

tamasic

>>> energy

>>>>> in

its

>>> tamasic ?

>>>>>>

outmost

>>>>> important

Tamasic

>>>>> graha ,

increase

>>>>> tamasic

concentrate form

>>> of the

>>>>>>

gemstone

> of

people

>>> like me

cultivate

>>>>> sattwic

>>>>>> energy.

>>>>>>

person

> more

>>> Diamond

>>>>> in

which

>>>>> wouldnt

though if

>>> their

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Please comment ,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> humble regards,

>>>>>> Chandan S.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> ---

>>>

>>> ~ om tat sat ~

Krishna'

> said

>>> reading today