IndiaDivine.org

Why - Navamsha for Spouse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Respected members

I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi and

Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of

Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship between

Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas or

Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and pretty

clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It is my

personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.

Thanks

Pradeep

Guest guest

Dear Pradeep ji,

As per Parasara, Navamsa represent Spouse. Why?

Do you have any explantion based on Dharma-Artha-Kama-Moksha

signs? :)

As per Dwadasa Varga system -

R x 1 (Kshetra)= signifies Lagna related things.

R x 2 (Hora) = signifies 2nd House related things.

R x 3 (Drekkana)= signifies 3rd House related things.

R x 4 (Chaturdhamsa)= signifies 4th House related things.

-----------------------

R x 7 (Saptamsa) = signifies 7th House related things. (and Spouse)

-----------------------

R x 9 (Navamsa) = signifies 9th House related things.

-----------------------

R x 12 (Dwadasamsa) = signifies 12th House related things.

So as per this view, Saptamsa should represent Spouse etc, and

Navamsa should represent Father etc.

Hope this clarifies. :) I am egarly waiting for more inputs and

explanations.

Love,

Sreenadh

, " vijayadas_pradeep "

<vijayadas_pradeep wrote:

>

> Dear Respected members

>

> I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

>

> Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

> Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi

and

> Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

>

> Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

>

> Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of

> Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship between

> Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

>

> Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas

or

> Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and

pretty

> clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It

is my

> personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.

>

> Thanks

> Pradeep

>

Guest guest

dear pradeep ji

besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only

divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's

strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to

its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet

in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght

would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a

planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.

as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is only

for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules

as such.

we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji

willing.

with best wishes

pandit arjun

, " vijayadas_pradeep "

<vijayadas_pradeep wrote:

>

> Dear Respected members

>

> I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

>

> Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

> Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi

and

> Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

>

> Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

>

> Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of

> Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship

between

> Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

>

> Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas

or

> Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and

pretty

> clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It

is my

> personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.

>

> Thanks

> Pradeep

>

Guest guest

Dear Arjunji,

Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that

is the reason for its importance. They are-

1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.

2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and

Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.

So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and

Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -

3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to

decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house

indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially important

in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that

indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also

gives special importance to Navamsa.

It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave

special importance to Navamsa.

Love,

Sreenadh

, " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear pradeep ji

>

> besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only

> divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

> attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's

> strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to

> its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet

> in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght

> would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a

> planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.

>

> as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is

only

> for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules

> as such.

>

> we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji

> willing.

>

> with best wishes

> pandit arjun

> --- In

, " vijayadas_pradeep "

> <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Respected members

> >

> > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

> >

> > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

> > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and

Shakthi

> and

> > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

> >

> > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

> >

> > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of

> > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship

> between

> > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

> >

> > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant

bhavas

> or

> > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and

> pretty

> > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It

> is my

> > personal opinion and other learned members can very well

disagree.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Pradeep

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned members, Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think this is the right time to post:-). 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope possibly correct). 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too? 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex: For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing applicable in

Navamsha chart too? 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha too? 5) The discussion of this thread is "Navamsha for spouse". What exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha? 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too? 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)? Is it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider it as friendly sign. Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is the correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel

this will be useful to many other members here. Thank you, Dhanapal Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Arjunji,Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that is the reason for its importance. They are-1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for

9th house is specially important in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also gives special importance to Navamsa.It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave special importance to Navamsa. Love,Sreenadh , "panditarjun2004" <panditarjun2004 wrote:>> dear pradeep ji> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght > would be 2.5 and

similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.> > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is only > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules > as such.> > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji > willing.> > with best wishes> pandit arjun> , "vijayadas_pradeep" > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:> >> > Dear Respected members> > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.> > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of> > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi > and> > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.> > >

> Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.> > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of> > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship > between> > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.> > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas > or> > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and > pretty> > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It > is my> > personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.> > > > Thanks> > Pradeep> >>

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Dear Dhanapal, I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the basis of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read Text book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected genuine scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too) Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they use to treat the dispositor of a

Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say like this "Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That means "either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor". Suppose Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* , that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus. Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says aspects are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of experience. Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A

counter question should be posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts "What about aspects in Hora chart" They will find their tongue tied. Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8 relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s) operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a concept "Rasi thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart (Don't misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always be read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the

chart of Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you could find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels or modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart and not to divisions. Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter. Hope this helps Madhu N Nair Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic wrote: Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned members, Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think this is the right time to post:-). 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope possibly correct). 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too? 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex: For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing applicable in Navamsha chart too? 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha too? 5) The discussion of this thread is "Navamsha for spouse". What exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether

one really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha? 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too? 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)? Is it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider it as friendly sign. Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is the correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to many other members here. Thank you, Dhanapal Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear

Arjunji,Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that is the reason for its importance. They are-1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially important in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also gives special importance to Navamsa.It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave special importance to Navamsa.

Love,Sreenadh , "panditarjun2004" <panditarjun2004 wrote:>> dear pradeep ji> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.> > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is only > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules > as such.>

> we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji > willing.> > with best wishes> pandit arjun> , "vijayadas_pradeep" > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:> >> > Dear Respected members> > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.> > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of> > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi > and> > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.> > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.> > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of> > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship > between> > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.> > > >

Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas > or> > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and > pretty> > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It > is my> > personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.> > > > Thanks> > Pradeep> >> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Dear a All,

I am providing a chart here. Just for the sake of understanding how

to super impose Rasi and Navamsa charts.

January 17, 2004

Time: 6:30:00

Time Zone: 4:00:00 (East of GMT)

Place: 55 E 16' 00 " , 25 N 15' 00 "

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Altitude: 0.00 meters

Lunar Yr-Mo: Subhanu - Pushya

Tithi: Krishna Dasami (Mo) (43.12% left)

Vedic Weekday: Friday (Ve)

Nakshatra: Visakha (Ju) (51.34% left)

Yoga: Soola (Ju) (13.88% left)

Karana: Vishti (Sa) (86.23% left)

Hora Lord: Moon (5 min sign: Sc)

Mahakala Hora: Saturn (5 min sign: Ar)

Kaala Lord: Rahu (Mahakala: Saturn)

Sunrise: 7:09:14 (January 16)

Sunset: 17:48:06 (January 16)

Janma Ghatis: 58.3652

Ayanamsa: 24-38-35.91

Sidereal Time: 13:54:32

Ke Mo Me

+--------------+

|Ma |Ra | |SaR |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

|-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

Ma |Ve | | |

| | | |

SaR | | | |

| | | |

| | Inner : Rasi | |

|-----------| Outer : Navamsa |-----------|

|Su | |JuR |

Su | | | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

|-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

|As Me | |Mo Ke | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

+--------------+

Ve JuR As Ra

It is the chart style that should be kept in mind, while descussion

ANY VARGA. Here Navamsa chart is super imposed on rasi chart. [if we

discuss Drekkana then Drekkana (Rx3) chart would be placed above

Rasi chart instead of Navamsa.] Keep this kind of picture clear in

mind while we talk about Navamsa or any varga. There is no

indipendant validation of Navamsa 'chart' or D-9. In Navamsa we are

examining how Rx9 will affect the native.

The points Madhu ji told makes points clear such as:

* Aspects (Drishti) apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not to

Divisional charts

* No indipendant validation of Navamsa chart is advaised.

* Navamsa modifies the results of the Rasi chart.

I hope it helps.

Love,

Sreenadh

, VYASAJI

<vyasatvm wrote:

>

> Dear Dhanapal,

> I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the basis

of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read Text

book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected genuine

scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor

Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like

Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the

following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be

interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too)

> Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in

Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil

amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd

from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special

importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent

existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they

use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord

as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say

like this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That

means " either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " . Suppose

Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* ,

that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst

discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably

takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

> Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts

> Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively to

Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a

commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says aspects

are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of experience.

Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with

aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be

posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about

aspects in Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in

Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8

relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting

married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds

of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from

kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to

take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could

find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s)

> operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a concept " Rasi

thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart (Don't

misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always be

read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of

Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you could

find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels or

modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override

it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart

and not to divisions.

> Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter.

> Hope this helps

> Madhu N Nair

>

> Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic wrote:

> Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned members,

>

> Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving

the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient

astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them.

I think this is the right time to post:-).

>

> 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for

to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in

male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope

possibly correct).

>

> 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna

lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be

considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too?

>

> 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex:

For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing

applicable in Navamsha chart too?

>

> 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha

panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha

too?

>

> 5) The discussion of this thread is " Navamsha for spouse " . What

exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one

really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given

on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

>

> 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too?

>

> 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)? Is

it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued

that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider

it as friendly sign.

>

> Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is the

correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to many

other members here.

>

> Thank you,

> Dhanapal

>

>

>

>

> Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

> Dear Arjunji,

> Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that

> is the reason for its importance. They are-

> 1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.

> 2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and

> Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.

> So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and

> Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -

> 3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to

> decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house

> indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially important

> in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that

> indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also

> gives special importance to Navamsa.

> It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints

gave

> special importance to Navamsa.

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

>

> , " panditarjun2004 "

> <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> >

> > dear pradeep ji

> >

> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the

only

> > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

> > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's

> > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to

> > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a

planet

> > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net

strenght

> > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a

> > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be

zero.

> >

> > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is

> only

> > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any

rules

> > as such.

> >

> > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh

ji

> > willing.

> >

> > with best wishes

> > pandit arjun

> > --- In

> , " vijayadas_pradeep "

> > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Respected members

> > >

> > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

> > >

> > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

> > > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and

> Shakthi

> > and

> > > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

> > >

> > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

> > >

> > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words

of

> > > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship

> > between

> > > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

> > >

> > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant

> bhavas

> > or

> > > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and

> > pretty

> > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha

analysis.It

> > is my

> > > personal opinion and other learned members can very well

> disagree.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > > Pradeep

> > >

> >

> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US

(and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

>

>

Guest guest

Sreenadhji,

I have a question on this.

" Divisional charts

> * No indipendant validation of Navamsa chart is advaised.

> * Navamsa modifies the results of the Rasi chart.

>

"

With the same Lagna in Rasi Chart, it is possible to have different

Navamsa Lagnas.

In this scenario, can't we use D-9 independently to rectify time of

birth, keeping janma lagna fixed?

Please do let me know your views.

Thanks

Souvik

, " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear a All,

> I am providing a chart here. Just for the sake of understanding

how

> to super impose Rasi and Navamsa charts.

> January 17, 2004

> Time: 6:30:00

> Time Zone: 4:00:00 (East of GMT)

> Place: 55 E 16' 00 " , 25 N 15' 00 "

> Dubai, United Arab Emirates

> Altitude: 0.00 meters

>

> Lunar Yr-Mo: Subhanu - Pushya

> Tithi: Krishna Dasami (Mo) (43.12% left)

> Vedic Weekday: Friday (Ve)

> Nakshatra: Visakha (Ju) (51.34% left)

> Yoga: Soola (Ju) (13.88% left)

> Karana: Vishti (Sa) (86.23% left)

> Hora Lord: Moon (5 min sign: Sc)

> Mahakala Hora: Saturn (5 min sign: Ar)

> Kaala Lord: Rahu (Mahakala: Saturn)

>

> Sunrise: 7:09:14 (January 16)

> Sunset: 17:48:06 (January 16)

> Janma Ghatis: 58.3652

>

> Ayanamsa: 24-38-35.91

> Sidereal Time: 13:54:32

>

> Ke Mo Me

> +--------------+

> |Ma |Ra | |SaR |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> |-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

> Ma |Ve | | |

> | | | |

> SaR | | | |

> | | | |

> | | Inner : Rasi | |

> |-----------| Outer : Navamsa |-----------|

> |Su | |JuR |

> Su | | | |

> | | | |

> | | | |

> | | | |

> |-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

> |As Me | |Mo Ke | |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> | | | | |

> +--------------+

> Ve JuR As Ra

>

> It is the chart style that should be kept in mind, while

descussion

> ANY VARGA. Here Navamsa chart is super imposed on rasi chart. [if

we

> discuss Drekkana then Drekkana (Rx3) chart would be placed above

> Rasi chart instead of Navamsa.] Keep this kind of picture clear in

> mind while we talk about Navamsa or any varga. There is no

> indipendant validation of Navamsa 'chart' or D-9. In Navamsa we

are

> examining how Rx9 will affect the native.

> The points Madhu ji told makes points clear such as:

> * Aspects (Drishti) apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not

to

> Divisional charts

> * No indipendant validation of Navamsa chart is advaised.

> * Navamsa modifies the results of the Rasi chart.

>

> I hope it helps.

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

> , VYASAJI

> <vyasatvm@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Dhanapal,

> > I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the

basis

> of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read Text

> book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected

genuine

> scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor

> Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like

> Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the

> following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be

> interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too)

> > Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in

> Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil

> amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd

> from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special

> importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent

> existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they

> use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava

Lord

> as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they

say

> like this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That

> means " either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " .

Suppose

> Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of

4* ,

> that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst

> discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably

> takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

> > Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts

> > Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively

to

> Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a

> commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says

aspects

> are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of

experience.

> Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with

> aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should

be

> posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about

> aspects in Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> > Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in

> Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8

> relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting

> married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study

hundreds

> of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from

> kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to

> take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could

> find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s)

> > operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a

concept " Rasi

> thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart

(Don't

> misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always

be

> read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of

> Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you

could

> find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels

or

> modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override

> it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart

> and not to divisions.

> > Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter.

> > Hope this helps

> > Madhu N Nair

> >

> > Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic@> wrote:

> > Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned

members,

> >

> > Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and

giving

> the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient

> astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting

them.

> I think this is the right time to post:-).

> >

> > 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used

for

> to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in

> male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the

horoscope

> possibly correct).

> >

> > 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna

> lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be

> considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets?

(Ex:

> For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing

> applicable in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider

neecha

> panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in

Navamsha

> too?

> >

> > 5) The discussion of this thread is " Navamsha for spouse " .

What

> exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one

> really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be

given

> on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

> >

> > 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)?

Is

> it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met

argued

> that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read

consider

> it as friendly sign.

> >

> > Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is

the

> correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to

many

> other members here.

> >

> > Thank you,

> > Dhanapal

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:

> > Dear Arjunji,

> > Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and

that

> > is the reason for its importance. They are-

> > 1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.

> > 2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and

> > Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.

> > So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and

> > Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -

> > 3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to

> > decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th

house

> > indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially

important

> > in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that

> > indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This

also

> > gives special importance to Navamsa.

> > It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints

> gave

> > special importance to Navamsa.

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> >

> > --- In

, " panditarjun2004 "

> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > >

> > > dear pradeep ji

> > >

> > > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the

> only

> > > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

> > > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a

planet's

> > > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared

to

> > > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a

> planet

> > > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net

> strenght

> > > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a

> > > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be

> zero.

> > >

> > > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification

is

> > only

> > > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any

> rules

> > > as such.

> > >

> > > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart,

sreenadh

> ji

> > > willing.

> > >

> > > with best wishes

> > > pandit arjun

> > > --- In

> > , " vijayadas_pradeep "

> > > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Respected members

> > > >

> > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

> > > >

> > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion

of

> > > > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and

> > Shakthi

> > > and

> > > > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

> > > >

> > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

> > > >

> > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic

words

> of

> > > > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship

> > > between

> > > > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

> > > >

> > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant

> > bhavas

> > > or

> > > > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct

and

> > > pretty

> > > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha

> analysis.It

> > > is my

> > > > personal opinion and other learned members can very well

> > disagree.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks

> > > > Pradeep

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US

> (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

> >

> >

Guest guest

Dear Sauvik ji,

You said:

==>

> With the same Lagna in Rasi Chart, it is possible to have different

> Navamsa Lagnas.

<==

Right. But, it is better to state that, " With the same Lagna in Rasi

chart, it is possible that 'Lagna Navamsa' could be in different Rasis

(Signs) " . That depicts the truth in a better way. :) Otherwise

confusion may result. :) Look around, and you will see it happening

all around. ;)

==>

> In this scenario, can't we use D-9 independently to rectify time of

> birth, keeping janma lagna fixed?

<==

But friend, the point is: " The saints never ever spoke even a word

about D-Charts! They were invariably mentioning about the Navamsa

(Rx9) " . It is not even necessary to say 'Navamsa Varga'

sice, 'Navams' means 1/9th of a sign, and to find its position for

any longitude, we just need to multiply the longitude with 9. That is

why I use the syntax Rx9, meaning (Rasi)longitude x 9, which is a

general method for mixing the charecteristics of 12 Rasis. Thus it

applies to all the 12 Vargas. For example-

R x 1 = 1st Varga (Kshetra)

R x 2 = 2nd Varga (Hora)

R x 3 = 3rd Varga (Drekkana)

R x 4 = 4th Varga (Chaturdhamsa)

R x 5 = 5th Varga (Panchamamsa)

R x 6 = 6th Varga (Shashtamsa)

R x 7 = 7th Varga (Saptamsa)

R x 8 = 8th Varga (Ashtamsa)

R x 9 = 9th Varga (Navamsa)

R x 10 =10th Varga (Dasamsa)

R x 11 =11th Varga (Ekadasamsa)

R x 12 =12th Varga (Dwadasamsa)

[where R = Rasi longitude]

There is only 12 Rasis and there for only 12 Vargas in this 'Dwadasa

Rasi system', which is a method for mixing the charecteristics of

signs.

The other system called 'Shad Vargadhipa system', invaridably

considers 'the lords of signs' and is different from this. The higher

multiples are part of the 'Vargadhipa' concept, and NOT the Varga

concept. It is the mixing-up of the two that caused a lot of

confution. Understand this point clearly.

Now, coming to 'Birth rectification using Vargas' (NOT Vargadhipas)

the system is given in Saravali. It starts with the first Varga (R x

1) then proceeds with the use of Hora (Rx2), Drekkana (Rx3) etc. It

is given in `Nashta Jataka (casting of lost horoscope)' chapter of

Saravali. The point to remember is that, in this method of Birth

rectification, the character/nature of the native (which is the

outcome of the mixing of sings) is given importance.

" The saints were well familiar with the use of both these systems

(i.e. Dwadasa Varga system and Shadvargadhipa system), and mentioned

about them extensively in the texts " . But it is the students, who

confused them. Some Judases later corrupted them, by incorporating

new concepts such as –

* D-charts [Phew..! Here the Amsa/Varga concept is converted

to `Charts' which the

saints never thought of ]

* Drishti in D-charts [The saints never told even a word about,

considering Drishti in

Amsas/Vargas!]

* Transit in D-charts [This is the worst absurd of than the above

two!! As somebody stated, which reduces the menstrual period to days,

if we are applying the well told yogas to these absurd D-charts :)) ]

Now, one more point for especially for you: -

* Considering Vargas (Rx1……….Rx12) is a method for `Judging'

lagna and the possible lagna longitude, rather than `calculating' the

lagna longitude. Go through Saravali and it will become clear to you.

If you find this point difficult to understand, then wait, AFTER

having discussed the methods for `calculating' the exact birth time

(mathematical methods for birth rectification), we will have a look

at the various methods for `verifying' the exactness of lagna

selected and also methods for `Judging' the possible lagna longitude.

Yes, there are 3 categories of methods for birth rectification -

1) Mathematical methods for calculating the lagna longitude.

2) Methods for verifying the exactness of the lagna selected.

3) Methods for judging the possible lagna longitude.

We will come to this in this order only, and so if somebody tries

to push me the other way round (jumping to conclusions, without

bothering learn the basics, and making things unsystematic), then I

will ignore such queries. I know that, you won't do this – it is for

others, if at all there is somebody there who will fall into that

category. I hope, there is none of that kind in this group. Why I am

ignoring queries about the third? Because the first step in using

that method, is `learning how to mix the characteristics of different

rasis' and `how to use the dwadasa vargas'. If only we have a clear

understanding of these two, then only we can use it for `judging the

possible lagna longitude'. I think you steps clear.

P.S.: If you want to discuss, how to use the Shadvargadhipa system,

we will make it a different thread. But beware, there is always a

chance that somebody may come forward again mixing up the two, and we

would be back to zero again. (Then I would have to restate this whole

thing again! – which is a waste of time and energy) :) Or otherwise I

would have appoint others to teach them the already learned

points. :)) And if I ignore their query, they would feel that I am

not humble and dump head!!!

Love,

Sreenadh

, " Souvik Dutta "

<explore_vulcan wrote:

>

> Sreenadhji,

>

> I have a question on this.

> " Divisional charts

> > * No indipendant validation of Navamsa chart is advaised.

> > * Navamsa modifies the results of the Rasi chart.

> >

> "

> With the same Lagna in Rasi Chart, it is possible to have different

> Navamsa Lagnas.

>

> In this scenario, can't we use D-9 independently to rectify time of

> birth, keeping janma lagna fixed?

>

> Please do let me know your views.

>

> Thanks

>

> Souvik

>

> , " Sreenadh "

> <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear a All,

> > I am providing a chart here. Just for the sake of understanding

> how

> > to super impose Rasi and Navamsa charts.

> > January 17, 2004

> > Time: 6:30:00

> > Time Zone: 4:00:00 (East of GMT)

> > Place: 55 E 16' 00 " , 25 N 15' 00 "

> > Dubai, United Arab Emirates

> > Altitude: 0.00 meters

> >

> > Lunar Yr-Mo: Subhanu - Pushya

> > Tithi: Krishna Dasami (Mo) (43.12% left)

> > Vedic Weekday: Friday (Ve)

> > Nakshatra: Visakha (Ju) (51.34% left)

> > Yoga: Soola (Ju) (13.88% left)

> > Karana: Vishti (Sa) (86.23% left)

> > Hora Lord: Moon (5 min sign: Sc)

> > Mahakala Hora: Saturn (5 min sign: Ar)

> > Kaala Lord: Rahu (Mahakala: Saturn)

> >

> > Sunrise: 7:09:14 (January 16)

> > Sunset: 17:48:06 (January 16)

> > Janma Ghatis: 58.3652

> >

> > Ayanamsa: 24-38-35.91

> > Sidereal Time: 13:54:32

> >

> > Ke Mo Me

> > +--------------+

> > |Ma |Ra | |SaR |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > |-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

> > Ma |Ve | | |

> > | | | |

> > SaR | | | |

> > | | | |

> > | | Inner : Rasi | |

> > |-----------| Outer : Navamsa |-----------|

> > |Su | |JuR |

> > Su | | | |

> > | | | |

> > | | | |

> > | | | |

> > |-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

> > |As Me | |Mo Ke | |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > | | | | |

> > +--------------+

> > Ve JuR As Ra

> >

> > It is the chart style that should be kept in mind, while

> descussion

> > ANY VARGA. Here Navamsa chart is super imposed on rasi chart. [if

> we

> > discuss Drekkana then Drekkana (Rx3) chart would be placed above

> > Rasi chart instead of Navamsa.] Keep this kind of picture clear

in

> > mind while we talk about Navamsa or any varga. There is no

> > indipendant validation of Navamsa 'chart' or D-9. In Navamsa we

> are

> > examining how Rx9 will affect the native.

> > The points Madhu ji told makes points clear such as:

> > * Aspects (Drishti) apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not

> to

> > Divisional charts

> > * No indipendant validation of Navamsa chart is advaised.

> > * Navamsa modifies the results of the Rasi chart.

> >

> > I hope it helps.

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> > , VYASAJI

> > <vyasatvm@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Dhanapal,

> > > I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the

> basis

> > of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read

Text

> > book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected

> genuine

> > scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor

> > Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like

> > Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the

> > following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be

> > interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too)

> > > Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in

> > Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil

> > amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the

3rd

> > from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special

> > importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent

> > existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However,

they

> > use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava

> Lord

> > as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they

> say

> > like this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That

> > means " either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " .

> Suppose

> > Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of

> 4* ,

> > that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst

> > discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they

invariably

> > takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

> > > Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts

> > > Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply

exclusively

> to

> > Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a

> > commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says

> aspects

> > are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of

> experience.

> > Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with

> > aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question

should

> be

> > posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about

> > aspects in Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> > > Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in

> > Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8

> > relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting

> > married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study

> hundreds

> > of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from

> > kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to

> > take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one

could

> > find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s)

> > > operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a

> concept " Rasi

> > thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart

> (Don't

> > misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always

> be

> > read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of

> > Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you

> could

> > find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels

> or

> > modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override

> > it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi

chart

> > and not to divisions.

> > > Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter.

> > > Hope this helps

> > > Madhu N Nair

> > >

> > > Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic@> wrote:

> > > Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned

> members,

> > >

> > > Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and

> giving

> > the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient

> > astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting

> them.

> > I think this is the right time to post:-).

> > >

> > > 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used

> for

> > to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana

in

> > male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the

> horoscope

> > possibly correct).

> > >

> > > 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna

> > lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be

> > considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too?

> > >

> > > 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets?

> (Ex:

> > For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing

> > applicable in Navamsha chart too?

> > >

> > > 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider

> neecha

> > panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in

> Navamsha

> > too?

> > >

> > > 5) The discussion of this thread is " Navamsha for spouse " .

> What

> > exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether

one

> > really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be

> given

> > on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

> > >

> > > 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart

too?

> > >

> > > 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya

(virgo)?

> Is

> > it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met

> argued

> > that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read

> consider

> > it as friendly sign.

> > >

> > > Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is

> the

> > correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to

> many

> > other members here.

> > >

> > > Thank you,

> > > Dhanapal

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:

> > > Dear Arjunji,

> > > Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and

> that

> > > is the reason for its importance. They are-

> > > 1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.

> > > 2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and

> > > Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.

> > > So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and

> > > Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -

> > > 3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to

> > > decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th

> house

> > > indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially

> important

> > > in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that

> > > indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This

> also

> > > gives special importance to Navamsa.

> > > It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints

> > gave

> > > special importance to Navamsa.

> > > Love,

> > > Sreenadh

> > >

> > >

> > > --- In

> , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > dear pradeep ji

> > > >

> > > > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the

> > only

> > > > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

> > > > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a

> planet's

> > > > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when

compared

> to

> > > > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a

> > planet

> > > > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net

> > strenght

> > > > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of

a

> > > > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would

be

> > zero.

> > > >

> > > > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification

> is

> > > only

> > > > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any

> > rules

> > > > as such.

> > > >

> > > > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart,

> sreenadh

> > ji

> > > > willing.

> > > >

> > > > with best wishes

> > > > pandit arjun

> > > > --- In

> > > , " vijayadas_pradeep "

> > > > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Respected members

> > > > >

> > > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

> > > > >

> > > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion

> of

> > > > > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and

> > > Shakthi

> > > > and

> > > > > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

> > > > >

> > > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic

> words

> > of

> > > > > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) -

relationship

> > > > between

> > > > > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant

> > > bhavas

> > > > or

> > > > > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct

> and

> > > > pretty

> > > > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha

> > analysis.It

> > > > is my

> > > > > personal opinion and other learned members can very well

> > > disagree.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks

> > > > > Pradeep

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US

> > (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Hello Madhu Ji,

I am a beginner in astrology and the explanation given by you in

a simple but elaborate way is very helpful in understanding Navamsha.

I still have a doubt regarding navamsha:

Do we consider the house in Navamsha or is it only the sign the planet

is placed in, has relevance ?

For example ,

If moon as seventh lord is neecha in rashi but uccha in navamsha and

navamsha has scorpio lagna then how do we interpret moon's impact on

married life.

Thanks,

Manish

, VYASAJI

<vyasatvm wrote:

>

> Dear Dhanapal,

scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor Sreedharan

Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like Trikunna puzha

Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the following way,

especially in prasna (Obviously they might be interpreting in the same

manner in Horoscopes too)

existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they use

to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord as

reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say like

this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That means " either

the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " . Suppose Aries is the

Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* , that means,

the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst discussing the

Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably takes into account

its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with aspects

are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be posed to

protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about aspects in

Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in Fall

in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8 relationship

with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting married life.

This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds of horoscopes

of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from kerala toiling in

Middle East and who are not in a position to take their wives with

them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could find the MD forming 2/12

relation with the sub period(s)

it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart and

not to divisions.

> Hope this helps

> Madhu N Nair

>

>

the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient astrology.

I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think

this is the right time to post:-).

>

possibly correct).

>

>

>

panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha too?

>

really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given on

sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

>

>

that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider it

as friendly sign.

>

other members here.

>

> Thank you,

> Dhanapal

>

>

>

>

> Dear Arjunji,

> It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

>

> , " panditarjun2004 "

> >

> > dear pradeep ji

> >

> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only

> > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet

> > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght

> > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.

> >

> only

> > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules

> > as such.

> >

> > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji

> > willing.

> >

> > with best wishes

> > pandit arjun

> > --- In

> > >

> > >

> > >

> Shakthi

> > and

> > >

> > >

> > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of

> > between

> > >

> bhavas

> > or

> > pretty

> > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It

> > is my

> disagree.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > > Pradeep

> > >

> >

> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and

30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Manish ji,

Let me tell you one thing, even though the query was to Madhu ji.

As per the data you provided-

Lagna is Cp and 7th house is Cn. The 7th lord Mo is in Sc. Lagnamsa

is in Sc itself (with Mo) and the Navamsa of Moon in in Ta.

Before putting such a qurey you should first understnd that it is an

impossible combination. :) Why? Can you say? ;) I will explain.

Counting of navamsas for Cp lagna starts from Cn. That means it is

the 5th Navamsa of Cp that falls in Sc. That means Lagna is between

13 deg 20 min and 16 deg 40 min. So far it is Ok.

Now, you told that Mo is in Scorpio (its debilitation sign -

Neecha). Scoripio is a Sthira (fixed) sign, so counting of navamsa

should start from Cn and will end with Pi. Alas! How a planet placed

in Scorpio can have Navamsa in Ta (the exaltation sign of Mo)?

Got it or not? :)

The point is Mo placed in Sc cannot have Uchamsa (Navamsa in its

exaltation sign). So first rephrase the question. I am not against

the type of example you put forward, and is willing to answer such

questions elaborately, but just pointing to the basics, that should

be understood first.

Yes, I agree that even with such discrepancies in question, such

questions deserve attention. :)

Love,

Sreenadh

, " Manish Mahajan "

<manish1380 wrote:

>

> Hello Madhu Ji,

>

> I am a beginner in astrology and the explanation given by you in

> a simple but elaborate way is very helpful in understanding

Navamsha.

>

> I still have a doubt regarding navamsha:

>

> Do we consider the house in Navamsha or is it only the sign the

planet

> is placed in, has relevance ?

>

> For example ,

>

> If moon as seventh lord is neecha in rashi but uccha in navamsha and

> navamsha has scorpio lagna then how do we interpret moon's impact on

> married life.

>

> Thanks,

> Manish

>

>

> , VYASAJI

> <vyasatvm@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Dhanapal,

> > I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the

basis

> of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read Text

> book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected

genuine

> scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor

Sreedharan

> Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like Trikunna puzha

> Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the following way,

> especially in prasna (Obviously they might be interpreting in the

same

> manner in Horoscopes too)

> > Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in

> Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil

> amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd

> from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special

> importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent

> existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they

use

> to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord as

> reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say

> this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That means " either

> the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " . Suppose Aries is the

> Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* , that means,

> the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst discussing the

> Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably takes into

account

> its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

> > Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts

> > Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively

to

> Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a

> commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says aspects

> are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of experience.

> Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with

aspects

> are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be posed

to

> protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about aspects in

> Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> > Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in

Fall

> in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8

relationship

> with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting married life.

> This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds of

horoscopes

> of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from kerala toiling

in

> Middle East and who are not in a position to take their wives with

> them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could find the MD forming

2/12

> relation with the sub period(s)

> > operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a concept " Rasi

> thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart

(Don't

> misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always be

> read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of

> Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you could

> find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels or

> modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override

> it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart

and

> not to divisions.

> > Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter.

> > Hope this helps

> > Madhu N Nair

> >

> > Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic@> wrote:

> > Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned

members,

> >

> > Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving

> the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient

astrology.

> I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think

> this is the right time to post:-).

> >

> > 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for

> to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in

> male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope

> possibly correct).

> >

> > 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna

> lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be

> considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex:

> For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing

> applicable in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha

> panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in

Navamsha too?

> >

> > 5) The discussion of this thread is " Navamsha for spouse " . What

> exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one

> really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given

on

> sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

> >

> > 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too?

> >

> > 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)?

Is

> it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued

> that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider

it

> as friendly sign.

> >

> > Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is

the

> correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to many

> other members here.

> >

> > Thank you,

> > Dhanapal

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:

> > Dear Arjunji,

> > Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and

that

> > is the reason for its importance. They are-

> > 1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.

> > 2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and

> > Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.

> > So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and

> > Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -

> > 3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to

> > decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th

house

> > indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially

important

> > in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that

> > indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also

> > gives special importance to Navamsa.

> > It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints

gave

> > special importance to Navamsa.

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> >

> > --- In

, " panditarjun2004 "

> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > >

> > > dear pradeep ji

> > >

> > > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the

only

> > > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before

> > > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a

planet's

> > > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared

to

> > > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a

planet

> > > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net

strenght

> > > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a

> > > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be

zero.

> > >

> > > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is

> > only

> > > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any

rules

> > > as such.

> > >

> > > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart,

sreenadh ji

> > > willing.

> > >

> > > with best wishes

> > > pandit arjun

> > > --- In

> > , " vijayadas_pradeep "

> > > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Respected members

> > > >

> > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.

> > > >

> > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of

> > > > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and

> > Shakthi

> > > and

> > > > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.

> > > >

> > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.

> > > >

> > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic

words of

> > > > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship

> > > between

> > > > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.

> > > >

> > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant

> > bhavas

> > > or

> > > > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct

and

> > > pretty

> > > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha

analysis.It

> > > is my

> > > > personal opinion and other learned members can very well

> > disagree.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks

> > > > Pradeep

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US

(and

> 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

> >

> >

Guest guest

Dear Madhu ji and Sreenadh ji, Thanks a lot for the explanations provided indepth. It cleared so many confusions I had. Another doubt. Does planets position in the Navamsa based on Navamsa lagna is important? For example, Mithuna is Navamsa lagna, Venus is in Virgo. What you will consider about the strength of Venus? Is is so weak or it has got some power since it is in Kendra/dig pala. Also do we have to consider the planets position in the Navamsa based on rasi chart lagna? Thank you again, Dhanapal VYASAJI <vyasatvm wrote: Dear Dhanapal, I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the basis of experience rather than

what is given in the Rule book(read Text book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected genuine scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too) Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say like this

"Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That means "either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor". Suppose Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* , that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus. Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says aspects are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of experience. Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts "What about aspects in Hora

chart" They will find their tongue tied. Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8 relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s) operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a concept "Rasi thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart (Don't misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always be read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you could find a yoga for parkinsonism in

D-9.The point is D-9 often excels or modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart and not to divisions. Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter. Hope this helps Madhu N Nair Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic wrote: Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned members, Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think this is the right time to post:-). 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for to verifty that horoscope is

correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope possibly correct). 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too? 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex: For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing applicable in Navamsha chart too? 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha too? 5) The discussion of this thread is "Navamsha for spouse". What exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than

Navamsha? 6) Does retrograde to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too? 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)? Is it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider it as friendly sign. Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is the correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to many other members here. Thank you, Dhanapal Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Arjunji,Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that is the reason for its importance.

They are-1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance as a 'Rasyamsa'.2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially important in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also gives special importance to Navamsa.It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave special importance to Navamsa. Love,Sreenadh , "panditarjun2004" <panditarjun2004

wrote:>> dear pradeep ji> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.> > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is only > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules > as such.> > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji > willing.> > with best wishes>

pandit arjun> , "vijayadas_pradeep" > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:> >> > Dear Respected members> > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.> > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of> > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and Shakthi > and> > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.> > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.> > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of> > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi author) - relationship > between> > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.> > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant bhavas > or> > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics

seems to be correct and > pretty> > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It > is my> > personal opinion and other learned members can very well disagree.> > > > Thanks> > Pradeep> >> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Dear Dhanpal ji,

You asked:

==>

> Does planets position in the Navamsa based on Navamsa lagna is

> important?

<==

The answer is 'NO'. It is the placement of Navamsa 'relative to

Lagna' that is important. And not the one relative to 'lagna navamsa'.

You have given the Navamsa lagna (better call it 'lagna navamsa'),

but didn't mentioned which sign is Lagna. As per ancient system, the

starting point for analysis should be the Lagna and not 'Lagna

navamsa'. Varaha hora says " Langa navamsapa tulya tanu syat " ,

Meaning 'the body (of the native) is similar to that indicated by

lagna navamsa' - it is one of the uses of lagna navamsa.

Now you have stated that Venus is in virgo(In Rasi chart). That

means Ve is in the sign of Me and is debilitated. Based on this

minimum info you can get predictions related to -

1) Prediction given for the placement of Ve in Virgo.

2) Prediction given for a planet in debilitation.

3) If it is Ve-Me or Me-Ve dasa-antara then, predictions given for

the Ve-Me combinations (since Ve is in the sign of Me) etc.

All the above you can get from standered texts.

A combined consideration, of the above gives a holistic prediction

for the placement of Ve for person.

Varaha hora says, " Subho subharkshe ruchiram kubhotale " , Meaning the

relation between a planet and a sign is like the relation between

land and tree. Sign is the land and Planet is the tree. In the

example you provided, Ve a good planet is in a bad land (sign), since

Ve is its debilitation sign. That means the wife of the native, even

though good would be from a bad (economical or otherwise) family. But

here you can not emphasis this point, since Ve is natural

significator for wife. The 7th lord is also significator for wife and

so one needs to see that point as well before saying this to the

native. See the predictions given for the above 3 in standered texts

and you will see that many more things can be predicted on the bases

of this.

==>

> Also do we have to consider the planets position in the Navamsa

> based on rasi chart lagna?

<==

Yes, you are right.

Love,

Sreenadh

, Dhanapal T

<tdhanapal_logic wrote:

>

> Dear Madhu ji and Sreenadh ji,

>

> Thanks a lot for the explanations provided indepth. It cleared so

many confusions I had. Another doubt. Does planets position in the

Navamsa based on Navamsa lagna is important? For example, Mithuna is

Navamsa lagna, Venus is in Virgo. What you will consider about the

strength of Venus? Is is so weak or it has got some power since it is

in Kendra/dig pala.

>

> Also do we have to consider the planets position in the Navamsa

based on rasi chart lagna?

>

> Thank you again,

> Dhanapal

>

>

>

>

> VYASAJI <vyasatvm wrote:

> Dear Dhanapal,

scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor

Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like

Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the

following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be

interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too)

existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they

use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord

as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say

like this " Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That

means " either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor " . Suppose

Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* ,

that means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst

discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably

takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus.

Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with

aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be

posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts " What about

aspects in Hora chart " They will find their tongue tied.

> Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in

Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12 or 6/8

relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting

married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds

of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from

kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to

take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could

find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s)

it.Retrogression & Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart

and not to divisions.

> Hope this helps

> Madhu N Nair

>

>

the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient

astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them.

I think this is the right time to post:-).

>

possibly correct).

>

>

>

panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha

too?

>

really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given

on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?

>

>

that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider

it as friendly sign.

>

other members here.

>

> Thank you,

> Dhanapal

>

>

>

>

> Dear Arjunji,

> It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints

gave

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

>

> , " panditarjun2004 "

> >

> > dear pradeep ji

> >

> > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the

only

> > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a

planet

> > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net

strenght

> > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be

zero.

> >

> only

> > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any

rules

> > as such.

> >

> > we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh

ji

> > willing.

> >

> > with best wishes

> > pandit arjun

> > --- In

> > >

> > >

> > >

> Shakthi

> > and

> > >

> > >

> > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words

of

> > between

> > >

> bhavas

> > or

> > pretty

> > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha

analysis.It

> > is my

> disagree.

> > >