IndiaDivine.org

Why - Navamsha for Spouse (To Sreenadh ji)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oops!. I missed your reply due to many new mails!. Thank you for the explanation Sreenadh ji.Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Dhanpal ji,You asked:==>> Does planets position in the Navamsa based on Navamsa lagna is > important?<==The answer is 'NO'. It is the placement of Navamsa 'relative to Lagna' that is important. And not the one relative to 'lagna navamsa'.You have given the Navamsa lagna (better call it 'lagna navamsa'), but didn't mentioned which sign is Lagna. As per ancient system, the starting point for analysis should be the Lagna and not 'Lagna navamsa'. Varaha hora says "Langa navamsapa tulya tanu syat", Meaning 'the body (of the native) is similar to that indicated by lagna navamsa' - it is one of the uses of lagna navamsa. Now you have stated that

Venus is in virgo(In Rasi chart). That means Ve is in the sign of Me and is debilitated. Based on this minimum info you can get predictions related to -1) Prediction given for the placement of Ve in Virgo.2) Prediction given for a planet in debilitation.3) If it is Ve-Me or Me-Ve dasa-antara then, predictions given for the Ve-Me combinations (since Ve is in the sign of Me) etc.All the above you can get from standered texts.A combined consideration, of the above gives a holistic prediction for the placement of Ve for person.Varaha hora says, "Subho subharkshe ruchiram kubhotale", Meaning the relation between a planet and a sign is like the relation between land and tree. Sign is the land and Planet is the tree. In the example you provided, Ve a good planet is in a bad land (sign), since Ve is its debilitation sign. That means the wife of the native, even though good would be from a bad

(economical or otherwise) family. But here you can not emphasis this point, since Ve is natural significator for wife. The 7th lord is also significator for wife and so one needs to see that point as well before saying this to the native. See the predictions given for the above 3 in standered texts and you will see that many more things can be predicted on the bases of this.==>> Also do we have to consider the planets position in the Navamsa > based on rasi chart lagna?<==Yes, you are right.Love,Sreenadh , Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic wrote:>> Dear Madhu ji and Sreenadh ji,> > Thanks a lot for the explanations provided indepth. It cleared so many confusions I had. Another doubt. Does planets position in the Navamsa based on Navamsa lagna is important? For example,

Mithuna is Navamsa lagna, Venus is in Virgo. What you will consider about the strength of Venus? Is is so weak or it has got some power since it is in Kendra/dig pala.> > Also do we have to consider the planets position in the Navamsa based on rasi chart lagna?> > Thank you again,> Dhanapal> > > > > VYASAJI <vyasatvm wrote:> Dear Dhanapal,> I will try to answer to my best of my ability purely on the basis of experience rather than what is given in the Rule book(read Text book) .In Kerala, especially, well known and highly respected genuine scholars in Astrology of the old generation like Paravoor Sreedharan Tantri , and the stalwarts of the modern era like

Trikunna puzha Udayakumar etc are seen evaluating the D-9 in the following way, especially in prasna (Obviously they might be interpreting in the same manner in Horoscopes too)> Consider Aries as the Ascendant. Suppose a planet is in 7* in Aries. Then, they say in Malayalam " Lagnathinthay munnil amshichirikunnu " That means, the planet begets an amsa in the 3rd from the Ascendant. I haven't seen them attaching any special importance to Navamsa Lagna.Navamsa chart has no independent existence and should be read along with Rasi chart. However, they use to treat the dispositor of a Rasi lord at par with the Bhava Lord as reckoned from the Ascendant.. I will elaborate. Usually they say like this "Lagnathipano Lagnathipantay Amsakadhipano " That means "either the Ascendant Lord or its Navamsa dispositor". Suppose Aries is the Ascendant and Mars is in Aries with a longitude of 4* , that

means, the navamsa dispositor of Mars is Venus. Whilst discussing the Ascendant lord and its implication, they invariably takes into account its navamsa dispositor, ie Venus. > Now regarding the question of Aspects in Divisional Charts > Let me tell you from experience that Aspects apply exclusively to Rasi and definitely not to Divisional charts. Unfortunately a commentator of BPHS (SC Mishra)in one of his articles says aspects are equally true in divisions. This is not borne out of experience. Anyone repeat anyone who interprets the divisional charts with aspects are just misguiding the gullible.A counter question should be posed to protagonist of aspects in Divisional charts "What about aspects in Hora chart" They will find their tongue tied.> Let me share my experience in Navamsa. I have seen planet in Fall in Navamsa or planet in Navamsa that forms 2/12

or 6/8 relationship with the major period in Navamsa adversely affecting married life. This scribe has got the good fortune to study hundreds of horoscopes of Gulf wives.(wives of poor workers hailing from kerala toiling in Middle East and who are not in a position to take their wives with them ) In many (not a Thumb rule) one could find the MD forming 2/12 relation with the sub period(s)> operating.Regarding Yogas in Navamsa , there is a concept "Rasi thulya Navamsa " That is , Navamsa is equivalent to Rasi chart (Don't misunderstand, D-9 has no independent existence and should always be read along with Rasi). If my memory is correct in the chart of Mohammed Ali, the famous boxing champion of yester years , you could find a yoga for parkinsonism in D-9.The point is D-9 often excels or modify the indications of Rasi chart though it cannot override it.Retrogression &

Direction of planets applies only to Rasi chart and not to divisions.> Virgo is the inimical sign of Jupiter.> Hope this helps> Madhu N Nair > > Dhanapal T <tdhanapal_logic wrote:> Dear Sreenadh, Madhu ji and other dear beloved learned members,> > Thanks to all of you for sharing the vital knowledge and giving the beginners like us great indepth into the indian ancient astrology. I had some doubts in Navamsha and thought of posting them. I think this is the right time to post:-). > > 1) What is the importance of Navamsha lagna? Is it only used for to verifty that horoscope is correct? (For ex:- Navamsha lagana in male rasi for males and viceversa makes it clear that the horoscope possibly correct).>

> 2) In rasi, we give importance to the placements of the lagna lord, the fifth lord and the ninth lord. Same thing should be considered for 1,5,9 lords in Navamsha chart too?> > 3) Do we have to consider the dhristhi for all the planets? (Ex: For jupitor 5, 7,9 drishti is there in rasi chart. Same thing applicable in Navamsha chart too?> > 4) Does Navamsha creates yogas too? In rasi, we consider neecha panga yoga, Guru-mangal yoga etc., Same thing applicable in Navamsha too?> > 5) The discussion of this thread is "Navamsha for spouse". What exactly we have to look into the navamsha chart to see whether one really has blessed married life? Then what is the focus to be given on sapthamsa chart (7th) different than Navamsha?> > 6) Does retrograde

to planets applicable in Navamsha chart too?> > 7) What is the relationship does Jupitor have in Kanya(virgo)? Is it a friendly sign or enemy sign? One of the astrologer I met argued that it is enemy sign even though some of the books I read consider it as friendly sign.> > Please forgive me if they are too basic:-). I thought this is the correct forum to clear my doubts. I feel this will be useful to many other members here.> > Thank you,> Dhanapal> > > > > Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:> Dear Arjunji,> Navamsa gets double importance than any other Varga(Amsa) and that > is the reason for its importance. They are-> 1) It is 1/9 th of a Sign. So it is importance

as a 'Rasyamsa'.> 2) It is 1/4 th of a star. (This forms the base of Sign and > Nakshatra divisions) So it is important as a 'Nakshatramsa'.> So at the same time Navamsa is Rasyamsa (Division of Sign), and > Nakshatramsa (Division of Star). To add to it -> 3) The luck (or destiny) of a person is what we are trying to > decipher using the whole horoscope. In the horoscope the 9th house > indicates Luck (Bhagya). There for 9th house is specially important > in any horoscope. As per Dwadesa Varga system, the Varga that > indicates 9th house related matters is Navamsa (R x 9). This also > gives special importance to Navamsa.> It is due to the cumulative effect of all these that the saints gave > special importance to Navamsa. > Love,> Sreenadh> > > , "panditarjun2004" >

<panditarjun2004@> wrote:> >> > dear pradeep ji> > > > besides what you mentioned, which is correct, navamsha is the only > > divional chart reckoned by all astrologers invariably before > > attempting any prediction. it is widely believed that a planet's > > strength increases or decreases from lagna chart when compared to > > its strength in navamsha. for example, if the strength of a planet > > in lagna chart is zero and in navamsha it is five, the net strenght > > would be 2.5 and similarly if the strenght in lagna chart of a > > planet is 5 and in navamsha it is -5 the net strength would be zero.> > > > as sreenadhji observed in one mail, the above quantification is > only > > for simple understanding and not application of maths or any rules > > as such.> > >

> we can discuss more on this important divisional chart, sreenadh ji > > willing.> > > > with best wishes> > pandit arjun> > > , "vijayadas_pradeep" > > <vijayadas_pradeep@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Respected members> > > > > > I am posting my understanding on the subject.Kindly verify.> > > > > > Spouse is sometimes termed as PraanaSakhi(beloved companion of> > > Prana).Also Spouse is known as one half of Prana.Shiva and > Shakthi > > and> > > Ardhanareeshwara - any connection?.> > > > > > Now Navamshas represent Navapranas as per Dashadhyayi.> > > > > > Combining own understanding(can be wrong) with authentic words of> > > Thalakkulathu Bhattathiri(Dashadhyayi

author) - relationship > > between> > > Navamsha and Spouse can be linked.> > > > > > Thus studying the navamsha sambandha of a graha on relevant > bhavas > > or> > > Karaka planets,as mentioned in Classics seems to be correct and > > pretty> > > clear than the contemporary understanding of Navamsha analysis.It > > is my> > > personal opinion and other learned members can very well > disagree.> > > > > > Thanks> > > Pradeep> > >> >> > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. > > >

> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. > >