IndiaDivine.org

] Sama-Saptaka-To Vijay Das Pradeep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Vijay, I fully agree with your views and this is exactly what is being followed by well known Astrologers of Kerala. Best Regards Madhu N Nair vijayadas_pradeep <vijayadas_pradeep wrote: Dear Narasimha ji & Sanjay jiNarasimha ji,i would like to second your opinion here.Sama-Saptaka isjust pointing to mutual 1/7th.Sama is to qualify the ''similar''distance from one another and saptaka explains the distanceviz,seven.This is the only relationship in jyotish,where the distance issimilar and hence the usage of

sama.Sanjayji -Myself had expressed similar concern over your explanation ofkarakamsha''ka'',for which you were not interested in a reply.In Keralathe age old tradition(parampara) uses the word ''Amshakam'' for theNavamsha of planets.(Sathya is Sathyam as per our usage and henceAmashaka is Amshakam for us).They also say ''Amshichirkkunna Rashi'' -Literally meaning :the Rashi on to which a planet is having amsha.Thus Navamsha or Karakamsha qualifies the source(planet or lagna) whileNavamshaka or Karakamshaka qualifies the destination(Rashi).Thus we canexpress navamsha in two grammatical forms.a)Navamsha of Jupiter is IN Mithuna Rashib)Navamsha''ka'' Rashi OF jupiter is Mithuna - (Kindly note thegrammatical difference )You are free to hold different views.ThanksPradeep , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvrwrote:>> Pranaams

Sanjay,>> > Sama-Saptaka" means mutual seventh and refers to the placement oftwo> > 'otherwise friendly planets' in mutual one-seventh houses from eachother.> > The placement of two diremalefics in such places is not considered> > 'sama-saptaka'. For this purpose the planets must have at least'SAMA'> > relationship in the Graha Maitrya (five types of relationship)table.>> Is this simply your thinking or based on a classic or tradition?>> Sama seems to suggest equality of placement (i.e. 7 and 7 instead of 6and 8 or 8 and 6 or 2 and 12 etc) rather than neutrality ofrelationship. Instead of saying "sapta-saptakam" (like "shad-ashtakam"),they say "sama saptakam". It does not seem to suggest that planetsshould have atleast "sama" relationship. That would seem like afar-fetched interpretation. Moreover, I have seen learned elders usingthe term "Ravi-Shani

sama saptakam" when Sun and Saturn are in Cp-Cn orSg-Ge etc.>> Thus, I will be skeptical about what you said, unless you have somekind of strong basis. Please let us know the basis for your statement.>> May the light of Brahman shine within,> Narasimha Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Messenger with Voice.