views.

Regds

Pradeep

, VYASAJI <vyasatvm

wrote:

>

> Dear Vijay,

> I fully agree with your views and this is exactly what is being

followed by well known Astrologers of Kerala.

> Best Regards

> Madhu N Nair

>

>

>

> vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:

> Dear Narasimha ji & Sanjay ji

>

> Narasimha ji,i would like to second your opinion here.Sama-Saptaka is

> just pointing to mutual 1/7th.Sama is to qualify the ''similar''

> distance from one another and saptaka explains the distance

> viz,seven.This is the only relationship in jyotish,where the distance

is

> similar and hence the usage of sama.

>

> Sanjayji -Myself had expressed similar concern over your explanation

of

> karakamsha''ka'',for which you were not interested in a reply.In

Kerala

> the age old tradition(parampara) uses the word ''Amshakam'' for the

> Navamsha of planets.(Sathya is Sathyam as per our usage and hence

> Amashaka is Amshakam for us).They also say ''Amshichirkkunna Rashi'' -

> Literally meaning :the Rashi on to which a planet is having amsha.

> Thus Navamsha or Karakamsha qualifies the source(planet or lagna)

while

> Navamshaka or Karakamshaka qualifies the destination(Rashi).Thus we

can

> express navamsha in two grammatical forms.

>

> a)Navamsha of Jupiter is IN Mithuna Rashi

> b)Navamsha''ka'' Rashi OF jupiter is Mithuna - (Kindly note the

> grammatical difference )

>

> You are free to hold different views.

>

> Thanks

> Pradeep

>

>

> , " Narasimha P.V.R. Rao " pvr@

> wrote:

> >

> > Pranaams Sanjay,

> >

> > > Sama-Saptaka " means mutual seventh and refers to the placement of

> two

> > > 'otherwise friendly planets' in mutual one-seventh houses from

each

> other.

> > > The placement of two diremalefics in such places is not considered

> > > 'sama-saptaka'. For this purpose the planets must have at least

> 'SAMA'

> > > relationship in the Graha Maitrya (five types of relationship)

> table.

> >

> > Is this simply your thinking or based on a classic or tradition?

> >

> > Sama seems to suggest equality of placement (i.e. 7 and 7 instead of

> and 8 or 8 and 6 or 2 and 12 etc) rather than neutrality of

> relationship. Instead of saying " sapta-saptakam " (like

" shad-ashtakam " ),

> they say " sama saptakam " . It does not seem to suggest that planets

> should have atleast " sama " relationship. That would seem like a

> far-fetched interpretation. Moreover, I have seen learned elders using

> the term " Ravi-Shani sama saptakam " when Sun and Saturn are in Cp-Cn

or

> Sg-Ge etc.

> >

> > Thus, I will be skeptical about what you said, unless you have some

> kind of strong basis. Please let us know the basis for your statement.

> >

> > May the light of Brahman shine within,

> > Narasimha

>

>

> Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different.

Just radically better.

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Vijayadas ji, Please go through my message on "How to predict with Navamsa". That also support and substantiate your view and understanding. For example: If Su in in 9 deg Aries, then - Navamsa = 3rd Navamsa of Aries. Navamsa"ka" = Gemini (Since the navamsa of Sun falls in Gemini) There is no need to say "Navamshaka Rashi". The word navamsaka itself indicte a Rasi. Go through the classical quotes, and you will understand this point. As you said: 1) Navamsha of Jupiter is IN Mithuna Rashi. Therefore Ju has Mithuna navamsaka. That is the navamsa OF some sign falls IN Mithuna.2) Navamsha''ka'' Rashi OF jupiter is Mithuna Yap. But there is no need of the word Rashi. "Navamsaka OF Ju is Mithuna", that is enough. Since the

planets does not have navamsa but only signs, I would be better pleased if you use the terminology - "Navamsaka FOR Ju is Mithuna" To conclude and clarify - Agin think that Su is in 9 deg Aries. Then - 1) Su is IN 3rd navamsa OF Aries. 2) Navamsaka OF Aries 3rd navamsa IS Gemini. 3) Navamsaka FOR Su IS Gemini Love, Sreenadhvijayadas_pradeep <vijayadas_pradeep wrote: Dear Madhu jiThanks for sharing your valuable understanding as a confirmation to myviews.RegdsPradeep , VYASAJI <vyasatvmwrote:>> Dear Vijay,> I fully agree with your views and this is

exactly what is beingfollowed by well known Astrologers of Kerala.> Best Regards> Madhu N Nair>>>> vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:> Dear Narasimha ji & Sanjay ji>> Narasimha ji,i would like to second your opinion here.Sama-Saptaka is> just pointing to mutual 1/7th.Sama is to qualify the ''similar''> distance from one another and saptaka explains the distance> viz,seven.This is the only relationship in jyotish,where the distanceis> similar and hence the usage of sama.>> Sanjayji -Myself had expressed similar concern over your explanationof> karakamsha''ka'',for which you were not interested in a reply.InKerala> the age old tradition(parampara) uses the word ''Amshakam'' for the> Navamsha of planets.(Sathya is Sathyam as per our usage and hence> Amashaka is

Amshakam for us).They also say ''Amshichirkkunna Rashi'' -> Literally meaning :the Rashi on to which a planet is having amsha.> Thus Navamsha or Karakamsha qualifies the source(planet or lagna)while> Navamshaka or Karakamshaka qualifies the destination(Rashi).Thus wecan> express navamsha in two grammatical forms.>> a)Navamsha of Jupiter is IN Mithuna Rashi> b)Navamsha''ka'' Rashi OF jupiter is Mithuna - (Kindly note the> grammatical difference )>> You are free to hold different views.>> Thanks> Pradeep>>> , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" pvr@> wrote:> >> > Pranaams Sanjay,> >> > > Sama-Saptaka" means mutual seventh and refers to the placement of> two> > > 'otherwise friendly planets' in mutual one-seventh houses fromeach> other.> > >

The placement of two diremalefics in such places is not considered> > > 'sama-saptaka'. For this purpose the planets must have at least> 'SAMA'> > > relationship in the Graha Maitrya (five types of relationship)> table.> >> > Is this simply your thinking or based on a classic or tradition?> >> > Sama seems to suggest equality of placement (i.e. 7 and 7 instead of6> and 8 or 8 and 6 or 2 and 12 etc) rather than neutrality of> relationship. Instead of saying "sapta-saptakam" (like"shad-ashtakam"),> they say "sama saptakam". It does not seem to suggest that planets> should have atleast "sama" relationship. That would seem like a> far-fetched interpretation. Moreover, I have seen learned elders using> the term "Ravi-Shani sama saptakam" when Sun and Saturn are in Cp-Cnor> Sg-Ge etc.> >> > Thus, I will be skeptical

about what you said, unless you have some> kind of strong basis. Please let us know the basis for your statement.> >> > May the light of Brahman shine within,> > Narasimha>>>>>>>>> > Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different.Just radically better.>>