IndiaDivine.org

Some Important questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Pandit ji, All relevant questions. Thanks. I was thinking about discussing them, because these questions are very very important. :) Let us approach them one by one. ==> 1. Whether the chart should be analyzed from lagna and/or chandra <== Ans: Which ever is stronger. Now the question is how to determine whether Lagna sign or Moon sign is stronger. Traditionally we depend on two slokas. (i) "Hora swami guru nja veekshita yuta nanyascha veeryotkata" - Varaha hora Meaning, If Lord of the sign, Ju or Me aspects (Drishti) or posited in the sign then that sign becomes stronger (gets more importance). (ii) "Lagnam lagna patou balena sahite tatulya veeryam vidu Tatraivopachaya stite sati tato veeryolkadam jayate" - Jatakadesam Meaning, the streangth of the sign is equal to the strength of the sign lord. It

the lord of the sign is posited in Upachaya (3-6-10-11) sign from there onwards then the sign become stronger (gets more importance). We apply both these conditions to Lagna sign and Moon sign, which ever is getting more points are considered stronger (more important). So here the traditional answer is pretty clear. Other related relevant (but not that important) points to remember - * Lagna is important as far as body is concerned. * The importance of Mo increases as the years (age) increases. ==>

2. What is the length of a year in a dasha 365 or 360. ( This can be very important in timing events <== There is no support visible for the year length 365.2425 in traditional literature, but it seems logical and relevant. But we have supporting quotes for the use of 360 day Savana year length in texts like Jatakabharanam by Dundi raja. So 360 day year is the traditionally acceptable one. Even the Dasa and antara period allotted in vimsottari dasa reflect the importance of 360 day year. But we are

still unaware of its logical or rhythmical importance. But due to traditional support from classics I would like go by 360 day year. As far my experience is concerned, * The 360 day year length gives correct results when used with Chandrahari Ayanamsa (Here both the year length and Ayanamsa gets traditional support) * The 365.2425 day year length also reflect the same or similar dasa-antara when used with Chitrapaksha

Ayanamsa. (But since the year length and Ayanamsa lack traditional support, I reject this and stick with the first) ==> 3. Do we look at nakshatra position of planets when assigning dasha phal ? I.e. a graha in nakshatra of 10 th lord gives results of tenth house etc. <== I am yet to see such slokas. But the system seems logical, and predictions for the placement of graha in various

nakshatras are available in epics. But as I said earlier, I am yet to see slokas that correlates Stana-graha phala (Place-Planet prediction) for nakshatra with Bhavas. But I strongly feel that such slokas would be present. It seems to be relevant approach. ==> 4. How to apply the often sited kendradipati dosha, saptamesh dosha, maraka dosha etc. <== Kendradhipati dosha and Maraka stana dosha is mentioned in Leghu Parasari. That means these are concepts specially applicable in vimsottari dasa.

Leghu parasari itself gives directions on where to use it. "marakatwapi cha tayor maraka stana samstiti.........tadwidha" and the like. Indicating that these are concepts that are important only in the death time determination. i.e. In which Dasa and antara death could happen (If we use Vimsottari dasa). I think these concepts are irrelevant in all other contexts, since Rishi horas do not speak a word about it. :) ==> It is beneficial that we take a chart and analyze it. <== Yap. I agree. Venkata's chart we discussed here earlier is a good example for point 2, i.e. whether to use 365.2425

year or 360 day Savana year. Love, Sreenadh Panditji <navagraha wrote: Namaste, It is beneficial that we take a chart and analyze it. Here are the things that we can debate about 1. Whther the chart should be analyzed from lagna and/or chandra This can be a bit tricky, imagine you propose a theory with classical reference, say 11th lord is malefic in its dasha, and we find 11th lord giving great results. A closer inspection may reveal that the 11th

lord from lagna is infact 9th lord from chandra and is invovled in a rajayoga from chandra. Now the question one needs to ask is whether this kundali works betterf rom chandra lagna. What are the strengths on such a graha in navansha. Do we look at nanavsha position vis a vis main chart lagna or navansha lagna. 2. What is the length of a year in a dasha 365 or 360. ( This can be very important in timing events 3. Do we look at nakshatra position of planets when assigning dasha phal ? I.e. a graha in nakshatra of 10 th lord gives results of tenth house etc. 4. How to apply the often sited kedradipati dosha, saptamesh dosha, maraka dosha etc. There are many such practical questions that will arise and we need to address them one by one with all the nuances discussed. ...