IndiaDivine.org

Quality of Graha Drishtis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Vinita ji, ==> I had heard from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature applies to placement and not to dristis. ....... Are there any classical writings to support this? <== No. If planet is malific, drishti also is malific. If planet is benefic, drishti also is benefic. But remember, primarily this

benefic/malefic classification itself is wrong. Whether a planet is benefic or malific depends on "about what you are thinking?". To site and example if you think about longivity then Sa is benefic, if you think about sadness then Sa is malific. If you think about sprituality Su is benefic, if you think about heat related diseases Su is malific, if you think about donating things or martial arts Ma is benefic, if you think about accedents Ma is malific. If you think about education Me is benefic, if you think about impotancy Me is malific and the like it goes. The same principle applies to Combinations, Dasa-Antara etc as well. For example - If you think about sex then Ve-Ma combination is benefic, if you think about spirituality

Ve-Ma combination is malific and the like it goes. ==> 2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good. <== It is a too general statement. And will not help in prediction. But of course if somebody is good then there drishti also is good. Love, Sreenadh vinita kumar <shankar_mamta wrote: Dear All,Namaste!I would like to know the following from the esteemed members of this forum:1. What is the quality of drishti of grahas when they are functional malefics and natural benefics, or natural malefics and functional benefics, i.e., Jupiter and Saturn for Taurus Lagna. I had heard from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature applies to placement and not to dristis. In the above example, Jupiter will always cast a benefic drishti and Saturn a malefic drishti even though their functional nature may be different. Are there any

classical writings to support this?2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good. But having become "good" is their dristi on other houses also "good"?Thankyou! Vinita

Guest guest

Dear Shreenadh,

I thank u for a very insightful response!!!

So would the strength of the dristi depend on the strength of the

planet? Do retro planets excercise a strong dristhti?

Love,

Vinita

, sree nadh

<sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Vinita ji,

> ==>

> I had heard from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature

applies to placement

> and not to dristis. ....... Are there any classical writings to

support this?

> <==

> No. If planet is malific, drishti also is malific. If planet

is benefic, drishti also is benefic. But remember, primarily this

benefic/malefic classification itself is wrong. Whether a planet is

benefic or malific depends on " about what you are thinking? " . To site

and example if you think about longivity then Sa is benefic, if you

think about sadness then Sa is malific. If you think about

sprituality Su is benefic, if you think about heat related diseases

Su is malific, if you think about donating things or martial arts Ma

is benefic, if you think about accedents Ma is malific. If you think

about education Me is benefic, if you think about impotancy Me is

malific and the like it goes.

> The same principle applies to Combinations, Dasa-Antara etc as

well. For example -

> If you think about sex then Ve-Ma combination is benefic, if you

think about spirituality Ve-Ma combination is malific and the like it

goes.

>

> ==>

> 2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good.

> <==

> It is a too general statement. And will not help in prediction.

But of course if somebody is good then there drishti also is good.

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

> vinita kumar <shankar_mamta wrote:

> Dear All,

>

> Namaste!

>

> I would like to know the following from the esteemed members of

this

> forum:

>

> 1. What is the quality of drishti of grahas when they are

functional

> malefics and natural benefics, or natural malefics and functional

> benefics, i.e., Jupiter and Saturn for Taurus Lagna. I had heard

> from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature applies to

placement

> and not to dristis. In the above example, Jupiter will always cast

a

> benefic drishti and Saturn a malefic drishti even though their

> functional nature may be different. Are there any classical

writings

> to support this?

>

> 2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good. But

> having become " good " is their dristi on other houses also " good " ?

>

> Thankyou!

>

> Vinita

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Vinita ji, > would the strength of the dristi depend on the strength of the > planet? Do retro planets excercise a strong dristhti?I feel that naturally it should be. But I would have to refer to know what the classics say. Love, Sreenadh vinita kumar <shankar_mamta wrote: Dear Shreenadh,I thank u for a very insightful response!!!So would the strength of the dristi depend on the strength of the planet? Do retro planets excercise a strong dristhti?Love,Vinita , sree nadh <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Vinita ji,> ==>> I had heard from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature applies to

placement > and not to dristis. ....... Are there any classical writings to support this?> <==> No. If planet is malific, drishti also is malific. If planet is benefic, drishti also is benefic. But remember, primarily this benefic/malefic classification itself is wrong. Whether a planet is benefic or malific depends on "about what you are thinking?". To site and example if you think about longivity then Sa is benefic, if you think about sadness then Sa is malific. If you think about sprituality Su is benefic, if you think about heat related diseases Su is malific, if you think about donating things or martial arts Ma is benefic, if you think about accedents Ma is malific. If you think about education Me is benefic, if you think about impotancy Me is malific and the like it goes.> The same principle applies to Combinations, Dasa-Antara etc

as well. For example -> If you think about sex then Ve-Ma combination is benefic, if you think about spirituality Ve-Ma combination is malific and the like it goes.> > ==>> 2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good. > <==> It is a too general statement. And will not help in prediction. But of course if somebody is good then there drishti also is good.> Love,> Sreenadh> > vinita kumar <shankar_mamta wrote:> Dear All,> > Namaste!> > I would like to know the following from the esteemed members of this > forum:> > 1. What is the quality of drishti of grahas when they are functional > malefics and natural benefics, or natural malefics and functional >

benefics, i.e., Jupiter and Saturn for Taurus Lagna. I had heard > from somebody that the malefic / benefic nature applies to placement > and not to dristis. In the above example, Jupiter will always cast a > benefic drishti and Saturn a malefic drishti even though their > functional nature may be different. Are there any classical writings > to support this?> > 2. It is well known that malefics in Upachaya houses are good. But > having become "good" is their dristi on other houses also "good"?> > Thankyou! > > Vinita > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh,

While we're on the topic, would the potence of a graha's drishti be

affected by its own strength and afflications? For example, would

Jupiter's aspect on Virgo from Capricorn be the same as that on Pisces

from Cancer? If drishti means an influence by sight, it should have

some correlation to the influencer's position too... what's your take?

+++

, sree nadh

<sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Vinita ji,

> > would the strength of the dristi depend on the strength of the

> > planet? Do retro planets excercise a strong dristhti?

> I feel that naturally it should be. But I would have to refer to

know what the classics say.

> Love,

> Sreenadh

Guest guest

Dear Vernalagnia ji, You indicated : The strength of Dishti should have a relation to - * the graha who cause drishti and * the graha on which the the drishti falls. All this has importance if Drishti is something like Rasmi (Rays). If Drishti is something like Angle what would be your opinion.

But I am yet to find a clue by ancients indicating that drishti is Rays or Angle. Why can’t it be something else – for example, a mere construct? I think the first you indicated is considered in calculating drishti in shashtyamsa I think (need to refer). But I am against it since the ancients are talking about Drishti (Full or partial) through out a sign only and not about gradually increasing or decreasing drishti within a sign for each degree. This concept of associating Drishti with each degree originated only after Sripati I think, about 10th century AD. So even if we accept the points indicated by you, we shouldn’t forget the “equal drishti through out the sign” concept of

Rishis. The points put forward by you are logically correct, since a man without education and talents usually can not be assigned a highly paid job by a helping friend – similar to the drishti from a well placed graha can not be of much benefit to a badly placed graha. Worthless friends (read badly placed grahas) will be of no use to a man is with good education and talents (read graha with good placement). This is normal logic. But still we need to have some support from Sanskrit astrological classics. Need to search for the same. I don’t want to act authentic with out being the same. ==> If drishti means an influence by sight, it should havesome correlation to the influencer's position too... what's your take?<== Still in pending.... ;) Love, Sreenadh vernalagnia <vernalagnia wrote: Dear Sreenadh,While we're on the topic, would the potence of a graha's drishti beaffected by its own strength and afflications? For example, wouldJupiter's aspect on Virgo from Capricorn be the same as that on Piscesfrom Cancer? If drishti means an influence by sight, it should havesome correlation to the influencer's position too... what's your take?+++--- In

, sree nadh<sreesog wrote:>> Dear Vinita ji,> > would the strength of the dristi depend on the strength of the > > planet? Do retro planets excercise a strong dristhti?> I feel that naturally it should be. But I would have to refer toknow what the classics say. > Love,> Sreenadh