IndiaDivine.org

Sorry, if i have offended

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shreenadh,

Something tells me that i may have offended u by one of my posts. I

didn't mean to. If I have then i am sorry.

I know astrology is not for me. But there is a strange magnetism

about it which i find hard to resist. I mean to give it up sooner

than later. I know that experential meditation is what i need to

pursue. You too had advised me to do that, remember?

All that i wanted to say is that even when the probabilites appear

to be very high an event may still not happen, which sounded as if i

was contradicting a basic principle of astrology. Afterall, why did

the same Maharishis talk of upayas if probable events always

happened? Also there must be a role for consciouness and free will

which makes us fight compulsions /dictates of planets.

If this is such a dynamic universe are the probabilities also not

constantly changing as a result of such consciousness?

I am a near illiterate as far as my knowledge of the Maharishis

goes. But my heart says that there is no contradiction here.

Very often when doubts are raised it is not against what a more

knowledgable person is saying. It is all about understanding things

better. Persons dont matter. It was in this spirit that I raised a

doubt.

But i know that raising doubts all the time does not get us very

far. That is why i think in the future i will resist asking

questions. Maybe i have been giving in to the compulsions of some

planets that make me ask such questions ;). In fact i couldn't help

thinking of the co-incidence of having both Mars and Saturn in

Cancer directly aspecting Moon currently which may have acted as a

trigger point. But that is an easy way of not taking responsibility

for what one does or says. Therefore i will not buy my own argument.

I just wanted to apologise if in any way I have sounded offensive or

derogatory towards the Maharishis or towards you which was never the

intention.

With love,

Vinita

Guest guest

Dear Vinita ji, Don’t worry. :) It is not an offence against 'me' (Persons don’t matter), I was mentioning that it is an offence against the system of astrology. :) ==> All that i wanted to say is that even when the probabilities appear to be very high an event may still not happen <== Yap, it may - But for sure not for common individuals like you and me. That is possible only for the masters of rhythm (i.e who can totally control the body rhythms, the rhythm of destiny, the saints, who

constantly dwell in that meditative state) When possibilities increases - i.e when many Yogas indicate the same event, dasa and transit also indicate the same, then that should (and would) happen for the common individuals. Otherwise there was no relevance for such a system called astrology. Such events are called Dridha Karma (Strong results indicated by past actions) which are sure to happen. "Avasyamanubhavoktavyam Dridham karma subhasubham" says Smiriti. Meaning, the strong results indicated by past karma are sure to happen. But Yaga Only, Dasa Only, Transit only, results and the results indicated only by the twin combinations Yoga-Dasa, Yoga-Gochara, Dasa-Gochara, may not happen if proper remedies are done, or may be even with out them, due to the changing possibilities. Such results are called Adridha Karma (Weak results indicated by past actions). Now in predicting Dridha Kama (strong results), we have to

analyze 1) Yoga 2) Dasa 3) Gochara (Transit). In each of these we have to look for multiple possibilities. i.e Apply the rule "Dwi Tri Samvada bhaval" (If 2,3 or more arguments indicate in the same direction) In your horoscope we were applying that basic rule, to derive the result, for "Yoga". i.e. Out of the trine steps Yoga-Dasa-Gochara we were in the first step of deriving a result using the rule of multiple possibilities indicating the same. Even in this first step we may commit several type of errors - * It could be that we haven't seen many combinations. * It could be that we didn't understand them properly. * It could

be that we misinterpreted them. After doing such errors we may blame the system, for not giving us proper guidance! Understanding this logical pit fall we may commit is very important. Let us look into this in the light of your own wrong understanding of 7th house indications in your horoscope. In next mail. :) P.S: Please wait till, my next mail on the same and don't make me type such intermediate mails, which may deviate us from the point we are trying to clarify. When we talk of a subject we can only mention an offence against a system, and not against persons. We are friends talking about a subject and there is no need to take anything personally, for me or for you. :) It is a mere joyous

discussion and exchange of knowledge. If I say "it is a serious offence", then it means "an argument offence against the methods followed by the system", and NOT "a personal offence you committed against me". As you stated it rightly - you and me (persons) are not important in discussions of a subject. What we talk, is about the subject, and for the subject. :) By the way, take back the apologies, that will make me shy. :) Love, Sreenadh vinita kumar <shankar_mamta wrote: Dear Shreenadh,Something tells me that i may have offended u by one of my posts. I didn't mean to. If I have then i am sorry. I know astrology

is not for me. But there is a strange magnetism about it which i find hard to resist. I mean to give it up sooner than later. I know that experential meditation is what i need to pursue. You too had advised me to do that, remember? All that i wanted to say is that even when the probabilites appear to be very high an event may still not happen, which sounded as if i was contradicting a basic principle of astrology. Afterall, why did the same Maharishis talk of upayas if probable events always happened? Also there must be a role for consciouness and free will which makes us fight compulsions /dictates of planets. If this is such a dynamic universe are the probabilities also not constantly changing as a result of such consciousness?I am a near illiterate as far as my knowledge of the Maharishis goes. But my heart says that there is no contradiction here.Very often when doubts are raised it is not against

what a more knowledgable person is saying. It is all about understanding things better. Persons dont matter. It was in this spirit that I raised a doubt. But i know that raising doubts all the time does not get us very far. That is why i think in the future i will resist asking questions. Maybe i have been giving in to the compulsions of some planets that make me ask such questions ;). In fact i couldn't help thinking of the co-incidence of having both Mars and Saturn in Cancer directly aspecting Moon currently which may have acted as a trigger point. But that is an easy way of not taking responsibility for what one does or says. Therefore i will not buy my own argument.I just wanted to apologise if in any way I have sounded offensive or derogatory towards the Maharishis or towards you which was never the intention.With love,Vinita