IndiaDivine.org

Sweet nothings!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Sri gurave Namah! Thanks for all those comments sweet or sour:-) but nothing valuable as far as history is concerned! It would not matter if you keep passing among each other, with sweet nothings, how old is jyotish vidya? question remains? very sweet! Om Namah Shivai! SPI kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09 wrote: dear sreenadh,short and sweet but well said!Kishore patniakOn 10/31/06, Sreenadh <sreesog > wrote:> Dear Surya ji,> Try to write informative long mails which would empower others with> knowledge. Please take care to -> 1) Include astrological content in the mail.> 2) Deal with the subject at hand after proper study and thinking.> These are unsaid rules, followed by every good group. Otherwise,> our mail history will become cluttered with small chat like mails,> and those who are going through previous mails will not be benefited> with informative content. I hope you will follow these norms.> Love,> Sreenadh>> , surya ianala> <suri_allam wrote:> >> > Om sri gurave Namah!> >> > Dear Sreeram jee, Namaskar!> >>

> Thanks for comments, one thing about validation,> > how do you validate anything related to astrology, :-) not> possible for now, but yes one day, yet to come, we will or future> generations will be in a position to validate it and reach where our> great rishis stood once.> > "Predictiveness", this is what is required, otherwise astrology> or no astrology, it would not matter. As far as history is concerned> nothing valuable to me in this post.> >> > Thanks!> >> > Om Namah Shivai!> > SPI> >> >> > sreeram srinivas <sreeram64 wrote:> > Scientific community has been trying to put age of> earth for quite a long time.....and they shall continue another few> centuries......each day some discovery overrides earlier age> calculations.......You want to join this bandwagon on

astrology is> your wish.......research is OK but choosing endless topics is what> is detested........> >> > Second order of current research elsewhere.....Benefics work> good in Satya & Dwarpara yuga....while Malefics are the best> desirables in Kaliyuga......keep arguing with no end results....come> on you have nothing to validate...except some mythologies...to which> there are many versions of the same story.....> >> > Third order of research......Jupiter gave good results in Satya> & Dwarpara yuga...., but in Kaliyuga, it is more of Venus & Rahu> that delivers....!!!??!!! i.e. Jupiter & Venus have exchanged their> roles !!! Actively supported by those who believe in Playboy Shri> Acharya Rajneesh followers !!! ( Note : Would apologise for using> this loose statements.....do not want to incur wrath of

his> supporters, I have NO intention to demean him or his teachings. )> >> > The list goes on & on......you are invited to continue this> research with zeal.....provided you are willing to quickly realise> that down the X number of centuries down the time lane......there> would be a mention of that great sage by suri_allam said this> & that.....etc... It is NOT about resistance as you mentioned,> but idiosyncrasies in the name of research !!!> >> > all the so-called research that you mentioned have NO relation> to the "predictiveness" to which you are trying to cloak your> research on......> >> > as for encouraging investigative questions - Why the order of> vimsottari dasas is Ket-Ven-Sun-Moon-Mars-Rah-Jup-Sat-Me...... is> the only worthwhile question......( as shared by you ).....many of>

sincere students of astrology do have answer for it........probably> you also would have got it......provided if you have gone through> astro_classics yourself...........> >> > I have no ill-feeling towards anyone.....but for the topic> generated Heat !!! Shall continue to respect the individual as> usual !!!> >> >> > with regards,> > sreeram srinivas> >> >> > > > > > > Friday, October 27, 2006 4:52 PM> > > > Digest Number 162> >> >> >> > Ancient Indian Astrology> >> > On 10/25/06, surya ianala <suri_allam wrote:> > > > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > > > Dear Sreeram Jee, namaskar!> > > > Thanks for your comments, and I assure you that once I> consolidate all> > > the> > > > information available, I will definetly share it with all the> members.> > > > There are lots of astrologers brooding on this topic, no> article or> > > book> > > > on astrology is complete without highlighting the fact that we> are> > > dealing> > > > with the oldest astro science available,

this question is not> without a> > > > reason,> > > > As I have started writting a book on vedic astrology and> plamistry, but> > > I> > > > have certain dead ends, and this is one of them.> > > > Instead of starting: Jyotish vidya is very old, or ancient, or> very> > > > ancient or believed to be, or said to be etc. etc. wouldn't it> be nice> > > and> > > > more informative, if I start the history with: Jyotish vidya> is xxxxxxxxx> > > > years old, basis for such a conclusion etc.etc.> > > > There are other dead ends like:> > > > Why the order of vimsottari dasas is> > > > Me-Ket-Ven-Sun-Moon-Mars-Rah-Jup-Sat-Me, and also why certian> no of years> > > is> > > > alotted to each grah like Kethu 7; Venus 20;

Sun 6; Moon 10;> Mars 7; Rahu> > > > 18; Jupiter 16; Saturn 19 and Mercury 17 years.> > > > There are others, I am very well aware that I will face lots of> > > > resistance, :-)before I will reach anywhere near a factual> figure.> > > > Do not shun all those, who ask questions, instead encourage> them> > > because,> > > > it triggers a series of thoughts, which could lead to better> > > > understanding.and a forum should be open to all, to ask, to> comment, to> > > > contemplate, but not to attack personally, instead exhaust the> questioner> > > > with knowledge and reasoning, I think you agree with me.> > > > As I said before, A question is posted by some visiter, If I> have> > > > knowledge and I feel I can justify my answer, I will answer> it,

but If I> > > > think it is foolish, or trivial, I would rather not comment on> it, but> > > > asking others to join me to shun the person or remove his> email from the> > > > list etc. is the last thing I would like to do, because I> believe in> > > vedic> > > > astrology and its predictive ability, and I also believe that> one or few> > > > investigative question would not undermine its credibility or> divinity.> > > > The whole purpose is to write a book with authentic knowledge,> not just> > > a> > > > book.> > > > All Rishis when asked: how, when, and who with regards to> creation,> > > they> > > > answered to the best of their knowledge and was very> satisfying, but when> > > > asked why? even great rishis agreed,

this is one thing they> could not> > > reach,> > > > why the universe was created?.> > > > So dear sreeram jee, I respect your opinion but it is not> universal.> > > > Thanks!> > > > Om Namah Shivai!> > > > SPI> > > >> >> > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > Dear Kishore jee,> > Thanks for the info, :-)> > regarding plantains,> > Banana History> > The origin of bananas is traced back to the Malaysian jungles of> Southeast Asia, where so many varieties and names for the banana are> in that area.> >> > Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth's first> fruit. Banana plants have been in cultivation since the time of> recorded history. One of the first records of bananas dates back to> Alexander the Great's conquest of India

where he first discovered> bananas in 327 B.C.> >> > In some lands bananas were considered the principal food. Early> travelers and settlers would carry the roots of the plant as they> migrated to the Middle East and Africa. From there Portuguese> traders carried banana roots to the Canary Islands, where bananas> are still grown commercially.> >> > When Spanish explorers came to the New World, so did the banana.> According to Spanish history, Friar Tomas de Berlanga brought the> first banana root stocks to the Western Hemisphere.> >> > In 1516, Friar Tomas sailed to the Caribbean bringing banana roots> with him; and planted bananas in the rich, fertile soil of the> tropics, thus beginning the banana's future in American life.> >> > Bananas were officially introduced to the American public at the> 1876 Philadelphia Centennial

Exhibition. Each banana was wrapped in> foil and sold for 10 cents. Before that time, bananas came to> America on the decks of sailing ships as sailors took a few stems> home after traveling in the Caribbean.> >> > In the late 1870's, with the invention of the telegraph and the> development of the Central American railroads, the banana industry> finally took shape. Systematized growing fields and refrigerated> steamships signaled the end of an era when bulky full stems of> bananas were shipped on sailing vessels.> >> > Courtesy: International banana association :-)> > Om Namah Shivai!> > SPI> >> > kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09 wrote:> > dear all,> >> > if someone wants to know about the history of astrology, i think> they> > are better to enter the groups on Indian history. ( you

can see my> > groups named Ancient History and one more at Vedic history)> >> > Talking of Jyotish history at great length is like discussing how> to> > raise a plaintain tree when all that you want is to eat the> plantains> > since you are hungry!> >> > Kishore patnaik> >> > On 10/25/06, surya ianala <suri_allam wrote:> > > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > > Dear Sreeram Jee, namaskar!> > > Thanks for your comments, and I assure you that once I> consolidate all the> > > information available, I will definetly share it with all the> members.> > > There are lots of astrologers brooding on this topic, no article> or book> > > on astrology is complete without highlighting the fact that we> are dealing> > > with the oldest astro science available,

this question is not> without a> > > reason,> > > As I have started writting a book on vedic astrology and> plamistry, but I> > > have certain dead ends, and this is one of them.> > > Instead of starting: Jyotish vidya is very old, or ancient, or> very> > > ancient or believed to be, or said to be etc. etc. wouldn't it> be nice and> > > more informative, if I start the history with: Jyotish vidya is> xxxxxxxxx> > > years old, basis for such a conclusion etc.etc.> > > There are other dead ends like:> > > Why the order of vimsottari dasas is> > > Me-Ket-Ven-Sun-Moon-Mars-Rah-Jup-Sat-Me, and also why certian no> of years is> > > alotted to each grah like Kethu 7; Venus 20; Sun 6; Moon 10;> Mars 7; Rahu> > > 18; Jupiter 16; Saturn 19 and Mercury 17

years.> > > There are others, I am very well aware that I will face lots of> > > resistance, :-)before I will reach anywhere near a factual> figure.> > > Do not shun all those, who ask questions, instead encourage them> because,> > > it triggers a series of thoughts, which could lead to better> > > understanding.and a forum should be open to all, to ask, to> comment, to> > > contemplate, but not to attack personally, instead exhaust the> questioner> > > with knowledge and reasoning, I think you agree with me.> > > As I said before, A question is posted by some visiter, If I have> > > knowledge and I feel I can justify my answer, I will answer it,> but If I> > > think it is foolish, or trivial, I would rather not comment on> it, but> > > asking others to join me to shun the person or

remove his email> from the> > > list etc. is the last thing I would like to do, because I> believe in vedic> > > astrology and its predictive ability, and I also believe that> one or few> > > investigative question would not undermine its credibility or> divinity.> > > The whole purpose is to write a book with authentic knowledge,> not just a> > > book.> > > All Rishis when asked: how, when, and who with regards to> creation, they> > > answered to the best of their knowledge and was very satisfying,> but when> > > asked why? even great rishis agreed, this is one thing they> could not reach,> > > why the universe was created?.> > > So dear sreeram jee, I respect your opinion but it is not> universal.> > > Thanks!> > > Om Namah Shivai!> > >

SPI> > >> > >> > >> >> >> >> > Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web> > Messages | Files | Photos | Polls> >> >> > Change settings via the Web ( ID required)> > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch> format to Traditional> > Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > > > > > >>>>>>

Now you can have a huge leap forward in email: get the new Mail.

Does it make a difference, how old it is? I doubt it. So move on.

surya ianala <suri_allam Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2006 11:52:21 AMRe: Re: Sweet nothings!

Om Sri gurave Namah!

Thanks for all those comments sweet or sour:-) but nothing valuable as far as history is concerned!

It would not matter if you keep passing among each other, with sweet nothings, how old is jyotish vidya? question remains?

very sweet!

Om Namah Shivai!

SPI

kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09@ gmail.com> wrote:

dear sreenadh,short and sweet but well said!Kishore patniakOn 10/31/06, Sreenadh <sreesog > wrote:> Dear Surya ji,> Try to write informative long mails which would empower others with> knowledge. Please take care to -> 1) Include astrological content in the mail.> 2) Deal with the subject at hand after proper study and thinking.> These are unsaid rules, followed by every good group. Otherwise,> our mail history will become cluttered with small chat like mails,> and those who are going through previous mails will not be benefited> with informative content. I hope you will follow these norms.> Love,> Sreenadh>> ancient_indian_ astrology, surya ianala>

<suri_allam@ ...> wrote:> >> > Om sri gurave Namah!> >> > Dear Sreeram jee, Namaskar!> >> > Thanks for comments, one thing about validation,> > how do you validate anything related to astrology, :-) not> possible for now, but yes one day, yet to come, we will or future> generations will be in a position to validate it and reach where our> great rishis stood once.> > "Predictiveness" , this is what is required, otherwise astrology> or no astrology, it would not matter. As far as history is concerned> nothing valuable to me in this post.> >> > Thanks!> >> > Om Namah Shivai!> > SPI> >> >> > sreeram srinivas <sreeram64@. ..> wrote:> > Scientific community has been trying to put age of> earth for quite a long time.....and they shall continue another

few> centuries... ...each day some discovery overrides earlier age> calculations. ......You want to join this bandwagon on astrology is> your wish.......research is OK but choosing endless topics is what> is detested.... ....> >> > Second order of current research elsewhere... ..Benefics work> good in Satya & Dwarpara yuga....while Malefics are the best> desirables in Kaliyuga.... ..keep arguing with no end results....come> on you have nothing to validate...except some mythologies. ..to which> there are many versions of the same story.....> >> > Third order of research.... ..Jupiter gave good results in Satya> & Dwarpara yuga...., but in Kaliyuga, it is more of Venus & Rahu> that delivers.... !!!??!!! i.e. Jupiter & Venus have exchanged their> roles !!! Actively supported by those who believe in Playboy Shri> Acharya Rajneesh followers

!!! ( Note : Would apologise for using> this loose statements.. ...do not want to incur wrath of his> supporters, I have NO intention to demean him or his teachings. )> >> > The list goes on & on......you are invited to continue this> research with zeal.....provided you are willing to quickly realise> that down the X number of centuries down the time lane......there> would be a mention of that great sage by suri_allam@. .. said this> & that.....etc. .. It is NOT about resistance as you mentioned,> but idiosyncrasies in the name of research !!!> >> > all the so-called research that you mentioned have NO relation> to the "predictiveness" to which you are trying to cloak your> research on......> >> > as for encouraging investigative questions - Why the order of> vimsottari dasas is Ket-Ven-Sun- Moon-Mars- Rah-Jup-Sat- Me...... is>

the only worthwhile question.... ..( as shared by you ).....many of> sincere students of astrology do have answer for it........probably> you also would have got it......provided if you have gone through> astro_classics yourself.... .......> >> > I have no ill-feeling towards anyone.....but for the topic> generated Heat !!! Shall continue to respect the individual as> usual !!!> >> >> > with regards,> > sreeram srinivas> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > ancient_indian_ astrology> [ancient_indian_ astrology]> > Friday, October 27, 2006 4:52 PM> > ancient_indian_ astrology> > [ancient_indian_ astrology] Digest Number 162> >> >> >> > Ancient Indian Astrology> >> > On 10/25/06, surya ianala <suri_allam@ ...> wrote:> > > > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > > > Dear Sreeram Jee, namaskar!> > > > Thanks for your comments, and I assure you that once I> consolidate all> > > the> > > > information available, I will definetly share it with all the> members.> > > > There are lots of astrologers brooding on this topic, no> article or> > > book> > > > on astrology is complete without highlighting the fact that we> are> > > dealing> > > > with the oldest astro science

available, this question is not> without a> > > > reason,> > > > As I have started writting a book on vedic astrology and> plamistry, but> > > I> > > > have certain dead ends, and this is one of them.> > > > Instead of starting: Jyotish vidya is very old, or ancient, or> very> > > > ancient or believed to be, or said to be etc. etc. wouldn't it> be nice> > > and> > > > more informative, if I start the history with: Jyotish vidya> is xxxxxxxxx> > > > years old, basis for such a conclusion etc.etc.> > > > There are other dead ends like:> > > > Why the order of vimsottari dasas is> > > > Me-Ket-Ven-Sun- Moon-Mars- Rah-Jup-Sat- Me, and also why certian> no of years> > > is> > > > alotted to each grah like Kethu 7; Venus 20;

Sun 6; Moon 10;> Mars 7; Rahu> > > > 18; Jupiter 16; Saturn 19 and Mercury 17 years.> > > > There are others, I am very well aware that I will face lots of> > > > resistance, :-)before I will reach anywhere near a factual> figure.> > > > Do not shun all those, who ask questions, instead encourage> them> > > because,> > > > it triggers a series of thoughts, which could lead to better> > > > understanding. and a forum should be open to all, to ask, to> comment, to> > > > contemplate, but not to attack personally, instead exhaust the> questioner> > > > with knowledge and reasoning, I think you agree with me.> > > > As I said before, A question is posted by some visiter, If I> have> > > > knowledge and I feel I can justify my answer, I will answer> it, but If

I> > > > think it is foolish, or trivial, I would rather not comment on> it, but> > > > asking others to join me to shun the person or remove his> email from the> > > > list etc. is the last thing I would like to do, because I> believe in> > > vedic> > > > astrology and its predictive ability, and I also believe that> one or few> > > > investigative question would not undermine its credibility or> divinity.> > > > The whole purpose is to write a book with authentic knowledge,> not just> > > a> > > > book.> > > > All Rishis when asked: how, when, and who with regards to> creation,> > > they> > > > answered to the best of their knowledge and was very> satisfying, but when> > > > asked why? even great rishis agreed, this is

one thing they> could not> > > reach,> > > > why the universe was created?.> > > > So dear sreeram jee, I respect your opinion but it is not> universal.> > > > Thanks!> > > > Om Namah Shivai!> > > > SPI> > > >> >> > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > Dear Kishore jee,> > Thanks for the info, :-)> > regarding plantains,> > Banana History> > The origin of bananas is traced back to the Malaysian jungles of> Southeast Asia, where so many varieties and names for the banana are> in that area.> >> > Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth's first> fruit. Banana plants have been in cultivation since the time of> recorded history. One of the first records of bananas dates back to> Alexander the Great's conquest of India where he

first discovered> bananas in 327 B.C.> >> > In some lands bananas were considered the principal food. Early> travelers and settlers would carry the roots of the plant as they> migrated to the Middle East and Africa. From there Portuguese> traders carried banana roots to the Canary Islands, where bananas> are still grown commercially.> >> > When Spanish explorers came to the New World, so did the banana.> According to Spanish history, Friar Tomas de Berlanga brought the> first banana root stocks to the Western Hemisphere.> >> > In 1516, Friar Tomas sailed to the Caribbean bringing banana roots> with him; and planted bananas in the rich, fertile soil of the> tropics, thus beginning the banana's future in American life.> >> > Bananas were officially introduced to the American public at the> 1876 Philadelphia Centennial

Exhibition. Each banana was wrapped in> foil and sold for 10 cents. Before that time, bananas came to> America on the decks of sailing ships as sailors took a few stems> home after traveling in the Caribbean.> >> > In the late 1870's, with the invention of the telegraph and the> development of the Central American railroads, the banana industry> finally took shape. Systematized growing fields and refrigerated> steamships signaled the end of an era when bulky full stems of> bananas were shipped on sailing vessels.> >> > Courtesy: International banana association :-)> > Om Namah Shivai!> > SPI> >> > kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09@ ...> wrote:> > dear all,> >> > if someone wants to know about the history of astrology, i think> they> > are better to enter the groups on Indian history. ( you can

see my> > groups named Ancient History and one more at Vedic history)> >> > Talking of Jyotish history at great length is like discussing how> to> > raise a plaintain tree when all that you want is to eat the> plantains> > since you are hungry!> >> > Kishore patnaik> >> > On 10/25/06, surya ianala <suri_allam@ ...> wrote:> > > Om Sri gurave Namah!> > > Dear Sreeram Jee, namaskar!> > > Thanks for your comments, and I assure you that once I> consolidate all the> > > information available, I will definetly share it with all the> members.> > > There are lots of astrologers brooding on this topic, no article> or book> > > on astrology is complete without highlighting the fact that we> are dealing> > > with the oldest astro science available, this

question is not> without a> > > reason,> > > As I have started writting a book on vedic astrology and> plamistry, but I> > > have certain dead ends, and this is one of them.> > > Instead of starting: Jyotish vidya is very old, or ancient, or> very> > > ancient or believed to be, or said to be etc. etc. wouldn't it> be nice and> > > more informative, if I start the history with: Jyotish vidya is> xxxxxxxxx> > > years old, basis for such a conclusion etc.etc.> > > There are other dead ends like:> > > Why the order of vimsottari dasas is> > > Me-Ket-Ven-Sun- Moon-Mars- Rah-Jup-Sat- Me, and also why certian no> of years is> > > alotted to each grah like Kethu 7; Venus 20; Sun 6; Moon 10;> Mars 7; Rahu> > > 18; Jupiter 16; Saturn 19 and Mercury 17 years.> > >

There are others, I am very well aware that I will face lots of> > > resistance, :-)before I will reach anywhere near a factual> figure.> > > Do not shun all those, who ask questions, instead encourage them> because,> > > it triggers a series of thoughts, which could lead to better> > > understanding. and a forum should be open to all, to ask, to> comment, to> > > contemplate, but not to attack personally, instead exhaust the> questioner> > > with knowledge and reasoning, I think you agree with me.> > > As I said before, A question is posted by some visiter, If I have> > > knowledge and I feel I can justify my answer, I will answer it,> but If I> > > think it is foolish, or trivial, I would rather not comment on> it, but> > > asking others to join me to shun the person or remove his email> from

the> > > list etc. is the last thing I would like to do, because I> believe in vedic> > > astrology and its predictive ability, and I also believe that> one or few> > > investigative question would not undermine its credibility or> divinity.> > > The whole purpose is to write a book with authentic knowledge,> not just a> > > book.> > > All Rishis when asked: how, when, and who with regards to> creation, they> > > answered to the best of their knowledge and was very satisfying,> but when> > > asked why? even great rishis agreed, this is one thing they> could not reach,> > > why the universe was created?.> > > So dear sreeram jee, I respect your opinion but it is not> universal.> > > Thanks!> > > Om Namah Shivai!> > > SPI> > >> >

>> > >> >> >> >> > Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web> > Messages | Files | Photos | Polls> >> >> > Change settings via the Web ( ID required)> > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch> format to Traditional> > Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un> >> >> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > http://mail. > >>>>>>

Now you can have a huge leap forward in email: get the new Mail.