IndiaDivine.org

To Robert Koch/Sreenadh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Datta GuruDear Sreenadh,I had to come back due to v reality posting a personal mail saying he had replied on list, I felt it would incorrect of me not to check.Anyways thanks for ur kind comments. I must sign off now and go back into my shell which i have tend to love a lotbest Sunil JohnMumbai , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil john ji,> You may read it or not. But thanks for the good mail. :)> Love,> Sreenadh> , "jjnet2000_in"> jjnet2000_in@ wrote:> >> > Om Datta Guru> > > > Dear Robert,> > Though I had walked off this list long back due to the racist remark but> > was compelled to write in ur defense as I know u are a genuine seeker of> > this shastra. This mail is not intended just for u :-> > I feel we have a different problem its not about whether Outer Planets> > were written by our sages but do we have the Open Mind to understand> > jyotish, is it a growing science. Do the planets behave differently in> > different yugas (clues to this have been given in many old books), so> > should we alter our thinking.> > > > 1) We do not have even 1-5 % of the ancient books so debating if outer> > planets were written in the old books is fruitless especially since> > there are hundreds of books in libraries and at homes which are yet to> > be translated. Even the few nadis with me are gathering dust though i> > have begged Good scholars of sanskrit to translate it and they are> > unable to do so. Sometimes I feel if Nadi work is meant for everyone> > e.g Santhanam died all of a sudden when he had almost finished Bhrigu> > Nadi & who ever has touched Bhrigu Nadi has faced unsurmountable> > problems. I wish he had brought it out, he had said all works aside and> > Bhrigu Nadi in one side, thats the worth of it.> > > > 2) If KNRao challenged the marathi astrologers this must be taken in> > another context, we must understand Rao Sahebs strength & weakness first> > (this is not meant to demean him) - one of his own mentor in mundane> > astrology the Late Hardeo Sharma Trivedi used to use Outer Planets> > fantastically in his predictions and is till date one of the greatest> > predictors of mundane astrology.> > > > 3) Ramans grandfather often said to him forget the shloka business see> > what works that is True astrology, so running behind shlokas for it is> > useless. Then even if shlokas are presented whats the use, can anyone> > today interpret it, I have not found a true knowledgeable guy in> > sanskrit.> > > > 4) Current breed of scholars are self appointed scholars who have zero> > level of scientific mind and do not test any principle. thousands of> > shlokas do not work what do they have to say to that. So should we> > discard all the works of the Rishis who wrote it. Rishis do not agree to> > the effects of even something as a planet in a house, different opinions> > among rishis> > > > 5) The Late P.S.Iyer whom Rao Saheb also says was one of the most> > fantastic astrologer used to predict to the DAY every event, he used to> > use the Outer Planets.> > > > 6) 4 hrs from Bombay is a person still alive who was brought up in a> > tradition where books from Lopi Script were handed down to him, for 25> > yrs he was taught astrology and only after that he was asked to see his> > first chart & practice jyotish (the money he takes is in form of> > donation, he does not see the amount given & donates it full). I have> > not met an astrologer like him, of all the astrologers i have met and> > interacted he is the only guy I know who can UNLOCK a chart. He was> > introduced to me by an Ex-SJC Mumbai person and I have vowed not to take> > current breed of astrologers to him, they do not deserve him. I always> > say if people on the lists from india knew astrology they would not have> > spare time to write here as flock of people would be outside their> > house. This man has a daily visitation of 100 people and he drives the> > rest away. He uses Outer Planets and his parampara is of more than 14> > generations, at that time the world did not even know of Outer Planets.> > I asked him to share the shlokas from his family, he said can u or> > anyone read them, then do u all have the ability to decode it, whats the> > use of getting into scholarly mode that 'Only when u see the shloka u> > would believe, forget shlokas test the technique only then u would learn> > astrology' - he told me.> > > > I have begged him to come out with a book but he refuses, this vidya is> > only misused by egoists so he does not want a curse of sharing that> > knowledge to such readers. He is a DashaGranthi Brahmin btw, my efforts> > still continue in him bringing at least a basic book.> > > > 7) Our astrology in current form is useless in a deeper sense, we> > realise that when we read ChandraKala Nadi (Devekerelam) & to a certain> > extent Bhavartha Ratnakara for e.g> > > > 8) Narendra Desai the greatest astrologer to walk into america as per> > most senior astrologers in america had seen the text of Vasistha Nadi> > wherein Outer Planets was mentioned and we all know how fantastic a> > predictor he was, ofcourse his breed will never be born again. People on> > lists will sit here whole life arguing that Outer Planets are not> > mentioned in classics but no one has the guts to test it on 100 charts> > with an open mind. Only when we test we realise what we are missing and> > alas we say we hide behind Parasara's back as if we know everything that> > he said. We cant even interpret his shlokas well. If we read first 2> > chapters of BPHS and UNDERSTAND what he is trying to say (which is> > understandable as it is in clear english) we would know that he is not> > going to reveal everything that is astrology at all so its useless to> > hide behind his back.> > Shri Narendra Desai had a saying 'Do not listen to what people say, this> > Uranus works and it works too well'.> > > > 9) People say that the issue is not if outerplanets takes 100 yrs blah> > blah to move from a sign, what about Jupiter it takes only 1 yr, can we> > say with all honesty that we understand how Jupiter is going to give> > results in a chart or say any other planet in jyotish - ofcourse not we> > do not know Jyotish as to even what Jyotish Is - this is the truth and> > can be found out when we meet masters who had some knowledge of this> > science.> > > > 10) Jyotish is an internal Sadhana which requires Bhakti of the highest> > order and people who are argumentative, have anger, have jealousy, want> > to put others down, have ego, have need for fame or getting themselves> > shown as scholars will never understand it in this or any lifetime. Even> > Parasara and other sages have mentioned the above criteria, I guess they> > were not fools. This vidya is of Sanyasi's and not common man, anyone> > who has travelled in search of true jyotish n met masters will realise> > this statement as he will often find this answer staring right at his> > face.> > > > I appreciate people like u who have tested the outer planets in over> > hundred charts, u are far better off than us who only talk talk talk or> > hide behind shlokas and we cant even test the shlokas that we know on> > 100 charts.> > > > To end this,' We do not understand what the sages have said so getting> > into arguments or discussions and says Sages said this or that is> > Absurdity'> > > > best wishes> > Sunil John> > Mumbai> > P.S: To others pls do not waste ur energy in replying to this mail, I do> > not have the time or inclination to read it.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > , Robert Koch <rk@>> > wrote:> > >> > > Namah Shivaya> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~> > >> > > Dear Mr. Nair,> > >> > > Thank you for your post as well, which, although much less cynical> > > than the responses of Sreenadh-ji, poses some good points. I too> > > have argued for years since embarking on an ambitious study of> > > Jyotish in 1984 that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have no place within> > > the practice of classical Jyotish. What naksatras do they rule? Who> > > is their Devata, etc.? But my original stoicism toward these planets> > > has changed due to undeniable experience of their> > > affects. Astrologers must bring different approaches to the table as> > > to the usefulness of these planets in actual astrological practice,> > > rather than endless parrot-like quoting of shastras in an effort to> > > dismiss them. There are those whose habit is to disable or ignore> > > new approaches based on scriptural and classical reference, and then> > > there are those who seek to find out in practice if they work or not> > > or are useful. I prefer to take the latter route frankly.> > >> > > Let me make my point more clear: I believe in the active and> > > enthusiastic efforts to try, research, and investigate the various> > > methods of astrology being put forth. If there is even an inkling of> > > reference to Vasishta Nadi, or Kapila Nadi as to Uranus, Neptune and> > > Pluto, or if stalwarts in the field for whom I have great respect (as> > > an example, Sri Chandulal S. Patel who did extensive research on the> > > use of outer planets) then I personally will not sit on my hands> > > until I have seen their effect in at least 100 charts. The fact is,> > > that if transit Pluto moves over the lagna or Moon of the chart, you> > > will not be able to deny the life-changing events and affects that> > > such transits bring forward. This has been my observation testing it> > > in hundreds of charts in a period of 23 years. There are various> > > progression methods too practiced by both Nadi astrologers as well as> > > western astrologers, and these will bring very specific events to our> > > awareness referencing these outer planets as well.> > >> > > However, you are right, if Sri K.N. Rao challenged some Marathi> > > astrologers to demonstrate their researches on outer planets, then> > > the latter should have come forward to prove their point.> > >> > > Anyway, so how will we use our classical knowledge then? To dismiss> > > or negate, or to rejuvenate the energy of discovery by trial and> > > error, research and investigation? It is all up to the disposition> > > of the individual astrologer and how he/she sees the learning and> > > practice of this great science. If I think for a moment that my> > > technique or knowledge is sufficient, and all the while I have not> > > practically tested even what I do know on a multiplicity of charts,> > > then Jyotish becomes a dry, intellectual hobby at best. Then it only> > > serves to reinforce the ego of the astrologer, rather than becoming a> > > vehicle to uplift and enlighten others. If, however, the astrologer> > > continually tries, tests, and researches, then he keeps the science> > > alive and you may be surprised how many secrets are revealed to a> > > person with that attitude toward his practice.> > >> > > With best regards, and no disrespect intended toward anyone -> > >> > > Robert> > >> > > At 01:48 AM 7/5/2007, you wrote:> > >> > > >Hare rama krishna,> > > >> > > >dear robertji,> > > >> > > > Thanks for your post.> > > >> > > >But as seekers of truth and holders of light called jyothisha> > > >should we go by some stray references which quoted by some one in> > > >some group or we shud look for its textual reference.in tamil or> > > >sanskrit ,as most of naadis in this laungage and quote the page> > > >--line of concerned books.> > > >> > > >my observations.> > > >> > > >1)this planets stays more years and transit in ones life is> > > >negligible as almost 100 or more years it stays in one rasi> > > >> > > > 2) There is no graha --khetra allotted to this planets by vedic> > > > seers,like ucha ,swa or neecha .> > > >> > > >3)There is no dasa periods as its important in delination of results.> > > >> > > >4) their nature ,karaka and frndly and enmy planets r not identified> > > >again important in vedic style of delination of results.> > > >> > > >And i read --i dont hav text--in varaha hora --varahmihira describes> > > >--there are 100s crores of planets are there but we take only 7> > > >planets and 2 chaya grahs ( its some thing like grhanam shatha kodi> > > >---- like this --may be sree nath can help me ),as only this planets> > > >can influence in ecliptical path of earth .> > > >> > > >Also one naadi astrology people under the team of sri Taneja of> > > >delhi uses this planets as i was told he was taught this method by> > > >one J C LUTRA ,again i dont know whats their sourse,and i could not> > > >test it as they use differrent ayanamsha and charges 15000/- or some> > > >for software ,so i leav it> > > >> > > >Once in one astro conference held and chaired by BV raman ,sri KN> > > >rao challenged all marathi astrologers to prove those who uses extra> > > >sataurnian planets ,all shied away ,most of them were famous> > astrologers> > > >> > > >i heard in mahabharath vedvyas mentiones indra varuna,rudra dring> > > >the time of war --yes i dont hav that part with me now> > > >> > > >But its more mundane as a bloody distructive war.> > > >> > > >pls produce textual support.> > > >> > > >regrds sunil nair> > > >> > > >om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , Robert Koch rk@> > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Namaste Prafulla,> > > > >> > > > > At 08:56 AM 7/4/2007, you wrote:> > > > > >Dear Sir> > > > > >> > > > > >Harshal, Neptune etc are referred in one of the nadi..I do not> > > > > >remember..one of the jyotish forum member shared that on another> > > > > >thread in another forum.> > > > >> > > > > Yes, according to my sources also, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are> > > > > taught in Vasishta and Kapila Nadis.> > > > >> > > > > Best regards,> > > > > Robert Koch> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > >regards / Prafulla Gang> > > > > >http://www.prafulla.net> > > > > >> > > > > >"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right> > to> > > > > >be taken seriously."> > > > > >************************************************> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > navagraha@> > > > > > > ! Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:02:47 -0400> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Re: Re: Importance of> > Bhava Chart> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Namaste Sreenadh,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > There are astrologers in Maharashatra that give absolutely> > brilliant> > > > > > > predictions. They use Hershel, Neptune etc. Rarely use dashas.> > I agree> > > > > > > with> > > > > > > you that Hershel and neptune have no classical standing.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I personally do not think hershel and neptune don't need to be> > used to> > > > > > > give> > > > > > > predictions. Quest for Pramana in classics is the way to go.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > ...> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > On 7/4/07, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > >>> > > > > > >> Dear Prafulla ji,> > > > > > >> I don't know. That is not my domai! n as well. I am after> > ancient> > > > > > >> Indian astrology - in a continuing search for the originals.> > That is> > > > > > >> the only thing I can say.> > > > > > >> Love,> > > > > > >> Sreenadh> > > > > > >>> > > > > > >> --- In> > > > > > >>> > > > > >> > > >> >> <%40yaho\> > ogroups.com>,> > > > > > >> Prafulla Gang> > > > > > >> jyotish@ wrote:> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > >>> Dear Sreenadh ji> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > >>> I am not familiar with history of jyotish and sanskrit as> > well. But> > > > > > >> In my observation - most traditionalist in northern India use> > bhava> > > > > > >> chalit chart for quite accurate predictions. If it does not> > make> > > > > > >> sense, then how come predictions are so accurate?> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > >>> regards / Prafulla Gang> > > > > > >>> http://www.prafulla.net> > > > > > & !> > > >gt;>>> > > > > > >>> "The right to be heard does not automatically include the> > right to> > > > > > >> be taken seriously."> > > > > > >>> ************************************************> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > >>>> > > > > > > >>>> sreesog@> > > > > > >>>> Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:59:46 -0000> > > > > > >>>> To:> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > >> > > >> >> <%40yaho\> > ogroups.com>> > > > > > >>>> Re: Importance of Bhava> > Chart> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>> Dear Kannan ji,> > > > > > >>>> There is "no seperate bhava chart"; the Rasi chart itself> > is the> > > > > > >>>> bhava chart. Considering bhava chart as a seperate entity> > originated> > > > > ! > >>>> after the period of Sripati of 10th centuary AD. It is> > misleading> > > > > > >>>> concept similar to considering Navamsa as a seperate chart> > not> > > > > > >>>> supported by ancient sages.> > > > > > >>>> You can find more info regarding the same from the> > following file> > > > > > >>>> present in the file section of the group.> > > > > > >>>> URL:> > > > > > >>>>> > > >> > Sreenadh/> > > > > > >>>> Signs and Houses.pdf> > > > > > >>>> As you could see there is no point in discussing> > non-existent things> > > > > > >>>> which are not supported by the sages; as of me I trying to> > > > understand> > > > > > >>>> what they taught, as per their own words. [And therefore> > any> > > > > > >>>> discussion on Bhava, considering it not the same as sign,> > is not my> > > > > > >>>> domain]> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > & !> > > >gt; >>>> ==>> > > > > > >>>>> For eg. Jupiter an important planet for Scorpio Lagna> > placed in> > > > > > >>>>> Makara in Rasi (debilitation) and in Dhanu in Bhava (own> > sign).> > > > > > >>>> <==> > > > > > >>>> As you could see, this is absurd. :) For Scorpio Lagna, Ju> > in> > > > > > >>>> Capricorn (Makara) rasi, is in 3rd house (bhava), and is> > > > in Capricorn> > > > > > >>>> sign. (Sign and house being the same). This is the ancient> > concept;> > > > > > >>>> and the result derivation would be as per that. :)> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>> ==>> > > > > > >>>>> In continuation to our earlier discussions on> > > > > > >>>>> Retrogression, in this example Jupiter is Retrograde and> > placed in> > > > > > >>>>> Meena in Navamsa. How much is the effect of> > debilitation/own sign> > > > > ! > >>>>> in this case.> > > > > > >>>> <==> > > > > > >>>> That is an entirely different subject (i.e. how to> > interpret Sign> > > > > > >>>> and Navamsa results) and would discussed later.> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>> ==>> > > > > > >>>>> Last but not the least I am eagerly waiting for your next> > file on> > > > > > >>>>> birth time rectification.> > > > > > >>>> <==> > > > > > >>>> Yes, this is one thing in the urgent task list. ;) I will> > try to> > > > > > >>>> complete it by next Saturday or prior to that. :)> > > > > > >>>> Love,> > > > > > >>>> Sreenadh> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>> --- In> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > >> > > >> >> <%40yaho\> > ogroups.com>,> > > > > > >> "kankan_73"> > > > > > >>> & g!> > > >t; <kankan_73@> wrote:> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> Please tell me something on the importance of Bhava Chart.> > Do this> > > > > > >>>>> chart has importance like Navamsa. I have seen mentioning> > of bhava> > > > > > >>>>> position (if different from Rasi Chart) while mentioning> > Planetary> > > > > > >>>>> results in old Jathakams written by Kerala astrologers.> > What is> > > > > > >>>> the> > > > > > >>>>> result if an important planet is posited in different> > signs in Rasi> > > > > > >>>>> and Bhava.> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> For eg. Jupiter an important planet for Scorpio Lagna> > placed in> > > > > > >>>>> Makara in Rasi (debilitation) and in Dhanu in Bhava (own> > sign).> > > > > > >>> & g!> > > >t; How> > > > > > >>>>> do we analyze this. In contin uation to our earlier> > discussions on> > > > > > >>>>> Retrogression, in this example Jupiter is Retrograde and> > placed in> > > > > > >>>>> Meena in Navamsa. How much is the effect of> > debilitation/own sign> > > > > > >>>> in> > > > > > >>>>> this case.> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> I request you to give your views on Bhava vs Rasi> > > > > > >>>>> differences/effects in general and also your view on the> > above> > > > > > >>>>> example.> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> Last but not the least I am eagerly waiting for your next> > file on> > > > > > >>>>> birth time rectification.> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> Thanks & regards,> > > > > > >>>>> Kannan> > > > > > >>>>>> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>> & !> > > >gt;> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>>> > > > > > >>>>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji,

Thanks a lot for the same. :) We are friends, right? All the

discussion is about the subject in hand, and pardon any mistakes from

my part. I know your contribution to astrology would be great; even

now you have already did a lot to preserve the almost lost ancient

nadi texts as I know from my personal interactions with you. The hope

of the world of ancient indian astrology rests with the hard efforts o

f a very few number of sincere individuals. Once again thanks for

coming back to the list.

Love,

Sreenadh

, " jjnet2000_in "

<jjnet2000_in wrote:

>

> Om Datta Guru

> Dear Sreenadh,

> I had to come back due to v reality posting a personal mail saying he

> had replied on list, I felt it would incorrect of me not to check.

> Anyways thanks for ur kind comments. I must sign off now and go back

> into my shell which i have tend to love a lot

> best

> Sunil John

> Mumbai

>

>

> , " Sreenadh "

> <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sunil john ji,

> > You may read it or not. But thanks for the good mail. :)

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> > , " jjnet2000_in "

> > jjnet2000_in@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Om Datta Guru

> > >

> > > Dear Robert,

> > > Though I had walked off this list long back due to the racist remark

> but

> > > was compelled to write in ur defense as I know u are a genuine

> seeker of

> > > this shastra. This mail is not intended just for u :-

> > > I feel we have a different problem its not about whether Outer

> Planets

> > > were written by our sages but do we have the Open Mind to understand

> > > jyotish, is it a growing science. Do the planets behave differently

> in

> > > different yugas (clues to this have been given in many old books),

> so

> > > should we alter our thinking.

> > >

> > > 1) We do not have even 1-5 % of the ancient books so debating if

> outer

> > > planets were written in the old books is fruitless especially since

> > > there are hundreds of books in libraries and at homes which are yet

> to

> > > be translated. Even the few nadis with me are gathering dust though

> i

> > > have begged Good scholars of sanskrit to translate it and they are

> > > unable to do so. Sometimes I feel if Nadi work is meant for

> everyone

> > > e.g Santhanam died all of a sudden when he had almost finished

> Bhrigu

> > > Nadi & who ever has touched Bhrigu Nadi has faced unsurmountable

> > > problems. I wish he had brought it out, he had said all works aside

> and

> > > Bhrigu Nadi in one side, thats the worth of it.

> > >

> > > 2) If KNRao challenged the marathi astrologers this must be taken in

> > > another context, we must understand Rao Sahebs strength & weakness

> first

> > > (this is not meant to demean him) - one of his own mentor in mundane

> > > astrology the Late Hardeo Sharma Trivedi used to use Outer Planets

> > > fantastically in his predictions and is till date one of the

> greatest

> > > predictors of mundane astrology.

> > >

> > > 3) Ramans grandfather often said to him forget the shloka business

> see

> > > what works that is True astrology, so running behind shlokas for it

> is

> > > useless. Then even if shlokas are presented whats the use, can

> anyone

> > > today interpret it, I have not found a true knowledgeable guy in

> > > sanskrit.

> > >

> > > 4) Current breed of scholars are self appointed scholars who have

> zero

> > > level of scientific mind and do not test any principle. thousands of

> > > shlokas do not work what do they have to say to that. So should we

> > > discard all the works of the Rishis who wrote it. Rishis do not

> agree to

> > > the effects of even something as a planet in a house, different

> opinions

> > > among rishis

> > >

> > > 5) The Late P.S.Iyer whom Rao Saheb also says was one of the most

> > > fantastic astrologer used to predict to the DAY every event, he used

> to

> > > use the Outer Planets.

> > >

> > > 6) 4 hrs from Bombay is a person still alive who was brought up in a

> > > tradition where books from Lopi Script were handed down to him, for

> 25

> > > yrs he was taught astrology and only after that he was asked to see

> his

> > > first chart & practice jyotish (the money he takes is in form of

> > > donation, he does not see the amount given & donates it full). I

> have

> > > not met an astrologer like him, of all the astrologers i have met

> and

> > > interacted he is the only guy I know who can UNLOCK a chart. He was

> > > introduced to me by an Ex-SJC Mumbai person and I have vowed not to

> take

> > > current breed of astrologers to him, they do not deserve him. I

> always

> > > say if people on the lists from india knew astrology they would not

> have

> > > spare time to write here as flock of people would be outside their

> > > house. This man has a daily visitation of 100 people and he drives

> the

> > > rest away. He uses Outer Planets and his parampara is of more than

> 14

> > > generations, at that time the world did not even know of Outer

> Planets.

> > > I asked him to share the shlokas from his family, he said can u or

> > > anyone read them, then do u all have the ability to decode it, whats

> the

> > > use of getting into scholarly mode that 'Only when u see the shloka

> u

> > > would believe, forget shlokas test the technique only then u would

> learn

> > > astrology' - he told me.

> > >

> > > I have begged him to come out with a book but he refuses, this vidya

> is

> > > only misused by egoists so he does not want a curse of sharing that

> > > knowledge to such readers. He is a DashaGranthi Brahmin btw, my

> efforts

> > > still continue in him bringing at least a basic book.

> > >

> > > 7) Our astrology in current form is useless in a deeper sense, we

> > > realise that when we read ChandraKala Nadi (Devekerelam) & to a

> certain

> > > extent Bhavartha Ratnakara for e.g

> > >

> > > 8) Narendra Desai the greatest astrologer to walk into america as

> per

> > > most senior astrologers in america had seen the text of Vasistha

> Nadi

> > > wherein Outer Planets was mentioned and we all know how fantastic a

> > > predictor he was, ofcourse his breed will never be born again.

> People on

> > > lists will sit here whole life arguing that Outer Planets are not

> > > mentioned in classics but no one has the guts to test it on 100

> charts

> > > with an open mind. Only when we test we realise what we are missing

> and

> > > alas we say we hide behind Parasara's back as if we know everything

> that

> > > he said. We cant even interpret his shlokas well. If we read first 2

> > > chapters of BPHS and UNDERSTAND what he is trying to say (which is

> > > understandable as it is in clear english) we would know that he is

> not

> > > going to reveal everything that is astrology at all so its useless

> to

> > > hide behind his back.

> > > Shri Narendra Desai had a saying 'Do not listen to what people say,

> this

> > > Uranus works and it works too well'.

> > >

> > > 9) People say that the issue is not if outerplanets takes 100 yrs

> blah

> > > blah to move from a sign, what about Jupiter it takes only 1 yr, can

> we

> > > say with all honesty that we understand how Jupiter is going to give

> > > results in a chart or say any other planet in jyotish - ofcourse not

> we

> > > do not know Jyotish as to even what Jyotish Is - this is the truth

> and

> > > can be found out when we meet masters who had some knowledge of this

> > > science.

> > >

> > > 10) Jyotish is an internal Sadhana which requires Bhakti of the

> highest

> > > order and people who are argumentative, have anger, have jealousy,

> want

> > > to put others down, have ego, have need for fame or getting

> themselves

> > > shown as scholars will never understand it in this or any lifetime.

> Even

> > > Parasara and other sages have mentioned the above criteria, I guess

> they

> > > were not fools. This vidya is of Sanyasi's and not common man,

> anyone

> > > who has travelled in search of true jyotish n met masters will

> realise

> > > this statement as he will often find this answer staring right at

> his

> > > face.

> > >

> > > I appreciate people like u who have tested the outer planets in over

> > > hundred charts, u are far better off than us who only talk talk talk

> or

> > > hide behind shlokas and we cant even test the shlokas that we know

> on

> > > 100 charts.

> > >

> > > To end this,' We do not understand what the sages have said so

> getting

> > > into arguments or discussions and says Sages said this or that is

> > > Absurdity'

> > >

> > > best wishes

> > > Sunil John

> > > Mumbai

> > > P.S: To others pls do not waste ur energy in replying to this mail,

> I do

> > > not have the time or inclination to read it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > , Robert Koch <rk@>

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namah Shivaya

> > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > > >

> > > > Dear Mr. Nair,

> > > >

> > > > Thank you for your post as well, which, although much less cynical

> > > > than the responses of Sreenadh-ji, poses some good points. I too

> > > > have argued for years since embarking on an ambitious study of

> > > > Jyotish in 1984 that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have no place

> within

> > > > the practice of classical Jyotish. What naksatras do they rule?

> Who

> > > > is their Devata, etc.? But my original stoicism toward these

> planets

> > > > has changed due to undeniable experience of their

> > > > affects. Astrologers must bring different approaches to the table

> as

> > > > to the usefulness of these planets in actual astrological

> practice,

> > > > rather than endless parrot-like quoting of shastras in an effort

> to

> > > > dismiss them. There are those whose habit is to disable or ignore

> > > > new approaches based on scriptural and classical reference, and

> then

> > > > there are those who seek to find out in practice if they work or

> not

> > > > or are useful. I prefer to take the latter route frankly.

> > > >

> > > > Let me make my point more clear: I believe in the active and

> > > > enthusiastic efforts to try, research, and investigate the various

> > > > methods of astrology being put forth. If there is even an inkling

> of

> > > > reference to Vasishta Nadi, or Kapila Nadi as to Uranus, Neptune

> and

> > > > Pluto, or if stalwarts in the field for whom I have great respect

> (as

> > > > an example, Sri Chandulal S. Patel who did extensive research on

> the

> > > > use of outer planets) then I personally will not sit on my hands

> > > > until I have seen their effect in at least 100 charts. The fact

> is,

> > > > that if transit Pluto moves over the lagna or Moon of the chart,

> you

> > > > will not be able to deny the life-changing events and affects that

> > > > such transits bring forward. This has been my observation testing

> it

> > > > in hundreds of charts in a period of 23 years. There are various

> > > > progression methods too practiced by both Nadi astrologers as well

> as

> > > > western astrologers, and these will bring very specific events to

> our

> > > > awareness referencing these outer planets as well.

> > > >

> > > > However, you are right, if Sri K.N. Rao challenged some Marathi

> > > > astrologers to demonstrate their researches on outer planets, then

> > > > the latter should have come forward to prove their point.

> > > >

> > > > Anyway, so how will we use our classical knowledge then? To

> dismiss

> > > > or negate, or to rejuvenate the energy of discovery by trial and

> > > > error, research and investigation? It is all up to the

> disposition

> > > > of the individual astrologer and how he/she sees the learning and

> > > > practice of this great science. If I think for a moment that my

> > > > technique or knowledge is sufficient, and all the while I have not

> > > > practically tested even what I do know on a multiplicity of

> charts,

> > > > then Jyotish becomes a dry, intellectual hobby at best. Then it

> only

> > > > serves to reinforce the ego of the astrologer, rather than

> becoming a

> > > > vehicle to uplift and enlighten others. If, however, the

> astrologer

> > > > continually tries, tests, and researches, then he keeps the

> science

> > > > alive and you may be surprised how many secrets are revealed to a

> > > > person with that attitude toward his practice.

> > > >

> > > > With best regards, and no disrespect intended toward anyone -

> > > >

> > > > Robert

> > > >

> > > > At 01:48 AM 7/5/2007, you wrote:

> > > >

> > > > >Hare rama krishna,

> > > > >

> > > > >dear robertji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for your post.

> > > > >

> > > > >But as seekers of truth and holders of light called jyothisha

> > > > >should we go by some stray references which quoted by some one in

> > > > >some group or we shud look for its textual reference.in tamil or

> > > > >sanskrit ,as most of naadis in this laungage and quote the page

> > > > >--line of concerned books.

> > > > >

> > > > >my observations.

> > > > >

> > > > >1)this planets stays more years and transit in ones life is

> > > > >negligible as almost 100 or more years it stays in one rasi

> > > > >

> > > > > 2) There is no graha --khetra allotted to this planets by vedic

> > > > > seers,like ucha ,swa or neecha .

> > > > >

> > > > >3)There is no dasa periods as its important in delination of

> results.

> > > > >

> > > > >4) their nature ,karaka and frndly and enmy planets r not

> identified

> > > > >again important in vedic style of delination of results.

> > > > >

> > > > >And i read --i dont hav text--in varaha hora --varahmihira

> describes

> > > > >--there are 100s crores of planets are there but we take only 7

> > > > >planets and 2 chaya grahs ( its some thing like grhanam shatha

> kodi

> > > > >---- like this --may be sree nath can help me ),as only this

> planets

> > > > >can influence in ecliptical path of earth .

> > > > >

> > > > >Also one naadi astrology people under the team of sri Taneja of

> > > > >delhi uses this planets as i was told he was taught this method

> by

> > > > >one J C LUTRA ,again i dont know whats their sourse,and i could

> not

> > > > >test it as they use differrent ayanamsha and charges 15000/- or

> some

> > > > >for software ,so i leav it

> > > > >

> > > > >Once in one astro conference held and chaired by BV raman ,sri KN

> > > > >rao challenged all marathi astrologers to prove those who uses

> extra

> > > > >sataurnian planets ,all shied away ,most of them were famous

> > > astrologers

> > > > >

> > > > >i heard in mahabharath vedvyas mentiones indra varuna,rudra dring

> > > > >the time of war --yes i dont hav that part with me now

> > > > >

> > > > >But its more mundane as a bloody distructive war.

> > > > >

> > > > >pls produce textual support.

> > > > >

> > > > >regrds sunil nair

> > > > >

> > > > >om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > , Robert Koch rk@

> > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Namaste Prafulla,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > At 08:56 AM 7/4/2007, you wrote:

> > > > > > >Dear Sir

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >Harshal, Neptune etc are referred in one of the nadi..I do

> not

> > > > > > >remember..one of the jyotish forum member shared that on

> another

> > > > > > >thread in another forum.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, according to my sources also, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto

> are

> > > > > > taught in Vasishta and Kapila Nadis.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best regards,

> > > > > > Robert Koch

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >regards / Prafulla Gang

> > > > > > >http://www.prafulla.net

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > " The right to be heard does not automatically include the

> right

> > > to

> > > > > > >be taken seriously. "

> > > > > > >************************************************

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > navagraha@

> > > > > > > > ! Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:02:47 -0400

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Re: Re: Importance of

> > > Bhava Chart

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Namaste Sreenadh,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There are astrologers in Maharashatra that give absolutely

> > > brilliant

> > > > > > > > predictions. They use Hershel, Neptune etc. Rarely use

> dashas.

> > > I agree

> > > > > > > > with

> > > > > > > > you that Hershel and neptune have no classical standing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I personally do not think hershel and neptune don't need

> to be

> > > used to

> > > > > > > > give

> > > > > > > > predictions. Quest for Pramana in classics is the way to

> go.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > On 7/4/07, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > >> Dear Prafulla ji,

> > > > > > > >> I don't know. That is not my domai! n as well. I am after

> > > ancient

> > > > > > > >> Indian astrology - in a continuing search for the

> originals.

> > > That is

> > > > > > > >> the only thing I can say.

> > > > > > > >> Love,

> > > > > > > >> Sreenadh

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > >> --- In

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> >

>

<%40yaho\

> \

> > > ogroups.com>,

> > > > > > > >> Prafulla Gang

> > > > > > > >> jyotish@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > >>> Dear Sreenadh ji

> > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > >>> I am not familiar with history of jyotish and sanskrit

> as

> > > well. But

> > > > > > > >> In my observation - most traditionalist in northern India

> use

> > > bhava

> > > > > > > >> chalit chart for quite accurate predictions. If it does

> not

> > > make

> > > > > > > >> sense, then how come predictions are so accurate?

> > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > >>> regards / Prafulla Gang

> > > > > > > >>> http://www.prafulla.net

> > > > > > > & !

> > > > >gt;>>

> > > > > > > >>> " The right to be heard does not automatically include

> the

> > > right to

> > > > > > > >> be taken seriously. "

> > > > > > > >>> ************************************************

> > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>> sreesog@

> > > > > > > >>>> Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:59:46 -0000

> > > > > > > >>>> To:

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> >

>

<%40yaho\

> \

> > > ogroups.com>

> > > > > > > >>>> Re: Importance of

> Bhava

> > > Chart

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>> Dear Kannan ji,

> > > > > > > >>>> There is " no seperate bhava chart " ; the Rasi chart

> itself

> > > is the

> > > > > > > >>>> bhava chart. Considering bhava chart as a seperate

> entity

> > > originated

> > > > > > ! > >>>> after the period of Sripati of 10th centuary AD. It

> is

> > > misleading

> > > > > > > >>>> concept similar to considering Navamsa as a seperate

> chart

> > > not

> > > > > > > >>>> supported by ancient sages.

> > > > > > > >>>> You can find more info regarding the same from the

> > > following file

> > > > > > > >>>> present in the file section of the group.

> > > > > > > >>>> URL:

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > >

> > >

> Sreenadh/

> > > > > > > >>>> Signs and Houses.pdf

> > > > > > > >>>> As you could see there is no point in discussing

> > > non-existent things

> > > > > > > >>>> which are not supported by the sages; as of me I trying

> to

> > > > > understand

> > > > > > > >>>> what they taught, as per their own words. [And

> therefore

> > > any

> > > > > > > >>>> discussion on Bhava, considering it not the same as

> sign,

> > > is not my

> > > > > > > >>>> domain]

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > & !

> > > > >gt; >>>> ==>

> > > > > > > >>>>> For eg. Jupiter an important planet for Scorpio Lagna

> > > placed in

> > > > > > > >>>>> Makara in Rasi (debilitation) and in Dhanu in Bhava

> (own

> > > sign).

> > > > > > > >>>> <==

> > > > > > > >>>> As you could see, this is absurd. :) For Scorpio Lagna,

> Ju

> > > in

> > > > > > > >>>> Capricorn (Makara) rasi, is in 3rd house (bhava), and

> is

> > > > > in Capricorn

> > > > > > > >>>> sign. (Sign and house being the same). This is the

> ancient

> > > concept;

> > > > > > > >>>> and the result derivation would be as per that. :)

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>> ==>

> > > > > > > >>>>> In continuation to our earlier discussions on

> > > > > > > >>>>> Retrogression, in this example Jupiter is Retrograde

> and

> > > placed in

> > > > > > > >>>>> Meena in Navamsa. How much is the effect of

> > > debilitation/own sign

> > > > > > ! > >>>>> in this case.

> > > > > > > >>>> <==

> > > > > > > >>>> That is an entirely different subject (i.e. how to

> > > interpret Sign

> > > > > > > >>>> and Navamsa results) and would discussed later.

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>> ==>

> > > > > > > >>>>> Last but not the least I am eagerly waiting for your

> next

> > > file on

> > > > > > > >>>>> birth time rectification.

> > > > > > > >>>> <==

> > > > > > > >>>> Yes, this is one thing in the urgent task list. ;) I

> will

> > > try to

> > > > > > > >>>> complete it by next Saturday or prior to that. :)

> > > > > > > >>>> Love,

> > > > > > > >>>> Sreenadh

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>> --- In

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> >

>

<%40yaho\

> \

> > > ogroups.com>,

> > > > > > > >> " kankan_73 "

> > > > > > > >>> & g!

> > > > >t; <kankan_73@> wrote:

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> Dear Sreenadh ji,

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> Please tell me something on the importance of Bhava

> Chart.

> > > Do this

> > > > > > > >>>>> chart has importance like Navamsa. I have seen

> mentioning

> > > of bhava

> > > > > > > >>>>> position (if different from Rasi Chart) while

> mentioning

> > > Planetary

> > > > > > > >>>>> results in old Jathakams written by Kerala

> astrologers.

> > > What is

> > > > > > > >>>> the

> > > > > > > >>>>> result if an important planet is posited in different

> > > signs in Rasi

> > > > > > > >>>>> and Bhava.

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> For eg. Jupiter an important planet for Scorpio Lagna

> > > placed in

> > > > > > > >>>>> Makara in Rasi (debilitation) and in Dhanu in Bhava

> (own

> > > sign).

> > > > > > > >>> & g!

> > > > >t; How

> > > > > > > >>>>> do we analyze this. In contin uation to our earlier

> > > discussions on

> > > > > > > >>>>> Retrogression, in this example Jupiter is Retrograde

> and

> > > placed in

> > > > > > > >>>>> Meena in Navamsa. How much is the effect of

> > > debilitation/own sign

> > > > > > > >>>> in

> > > > > > > >>>>> this case.

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> I request you to give your views on Bhava vs Rasi

> > > > > > > >>>>> differences/effects in general and also your view on

> the

> > > above

> > > > > > > >>>>> example.

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> Last but not the least I am eagerly waiting for your

> next

> > > file on

> > > > > > > >>>>> birth time rectification.

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>> Thanks & regards,

> > > > > > > >>>>> Kannan

> > > > > > > >>>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>> & !

> > > > >gt;

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>

> > > > > > > >>>>