IndiaDivine.org

What should be predicted for Lagna lord in Various houses? / Rules and Routes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sreenadh, Yes, I think so. They probably are from the Meenaraj Hora/Horapradeepam sources now that I get to see your PDF file. What I meant when I said: "Examples will of course pour in. But we have to see where a particular result is flowing from -- from L1 in a particular hse, or other planet/lords' configuration" is this. When we take up example charts (and we haven't come to that as yet), we have to be careful not to confuse any particular experience emanating from other configurations/patterns and a bhavashraya phala of a house lord. That is how we correctly validate the derivation in slokas. We all know what drama the 'yogaja phala' can introduce in a chart. The task is arduous; it requires rigours. I was doing some loud thinking on the methodological rigours staring at us, in advance. I went thru your PDF file. Umm, I would say some of your logic

searches overshoot themselves. Take this one. The result of wealth with lagna lord in 4th house. You say, 4th is 3rd from 2nd, ie upachaya from 2nd, which is how. Not very elegant as a rationale. The reason, to my mind, is the wealth of siginfications the 4th hse holds -- house, vehicle and what have you. Now, applying your well-plucked Rule Four, which says lagna lord amplifies (the goodness of) the house it goes to, the logic behind wealth is valid. I do like your Rule reminders. Commendable. Best, RK PS: I will take your hugs when we proceed on 'sustained topics' in a more organised fashion...Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear RK ji,Thanks. The derivations given are good - and looks as if solely based on "Houses" alone.==>Now, the rationale. Examples will of course pour in. But we have to see where a particular result is flowing from -- from L1 in a particular hse, or other planet/lords' configuration. You agree?<==Apart from houses, I don't think anything such as Planet/lords etc comes in to play in the derivations you provided. *Lord are of Signs; Houses does not have any lords - and so the same is discarded. * Planets are not at all considered in house based derivation - and so the same is discarded.I ascertain, the derivations are solely based on houses, and so should be the

logic behind. Yah, RK ji, you can proceed with explaining the logic behid each of those derivations... ;)Love and Hugs,Sreenadh , rk dash <arkaydash wrote:>> Shreenadh, > Here is the bhavashraya phala of L1 as found in the compedium. There is an 'result' for the 5th hse, but I 'll take time to make out what is meant. > > In 1st house> Healthy, long-lived, king(ly), strong, gain of land> > 2nd hse> Wealthy, engaged in right action, head of the locality, life of plenty, corpulent> > 3rd hse> Has good friends, religiosity, generosity; brave, strong> > 4th hse> King's favourite, lives life to the full (could also mean 'very long-lived,' the expression being prachura-jivita), earns by

right means, devoted to father, voracious > > 5th hse> Good children, engaged in good deeds, has humility, known his for good qualities > > 6th hse> Healthy, strong, gain of land, miserly, rich, subdues enemies, on the side of good deeds> > 7th hse> Brilliant, good manners, cultured wife, spends himself fast during coitus, good-looking> > 8th hse> Miserly, unreliable in financial matters, very long-lived, harsh in speech if the planet is a malefic, large physique if a benefic> > 9th hse> Good people are his friends, good deeds, balanced (without extremes), cultured, known for his good deeds, brilliant> > 10th hse > Gains from ruler (state), learned, cultured, reverent towards guru and mother, king, famous> > 11th hse > Long-lived, has progeny, spends himself fast during coitus, powerful>

> 12th hse> Harsh speech, very sharp mind, goes abroad, a free loader > > > Now, the rationale. Examples will of couse pour in. But we have to see where a particular result is flowing from -- from L1 in a particular hse, or other planet/lords' configuration. You agree?> > RK> > Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:> Dear RK ji,> ==>> I know of a compendium in vernacular which collates the best (best as> the compiler thought any particular aspect from a classic to be)> available, which goes into this aspect (lord going to different houses)> <==> Can you provide the results derived/provided by that book for "lagna> lord going to various houses"? That could be much beneficial to our> current study - we will try to find the logic used behind those> derivations, and accept or reject each of those derivations; as

usual> based on conditions such as -> * logical or not> * Real life experience supports the same or not> It doesn't matter whether the source mention or the Sanskrit original> is available or not - as long as the derivations are logical, and> reflect the actual experience. > > the 'material' looks very insightful stuff. > That is very good point - which itself I think indicate that it could> be valuable material.> Love,> Sreenadh > > , rk dash> <arkaydash@> wrote:> >> > OK, Sree, that about sums up the scenario on one of the 7-fold> method. But the search, esp. for rishi hora source must be kept on. I> know of a compedium in vernacular which collates the best (best as the> compiler

thought any particular aspect from a classic to be)> available, which goes into this aspect (lord going to different> houses) but there is no source mention for the portion nor is there> the Sanskrit original for it unlike most other portions in the> compendium. Nevertheless the 'material' looks very insightful stuff.> It is things like this that I had in mind. Let's see.> > > > Best,> > RK > > > > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:> > Dear RK ji,> > ==>> > Now we have to agree on who next to Parasara we take on board for> > comparison. You have named two: Meenaraja Hora, and Hora Pradeepam.> > Who else? We don't have to go by the overall reputation of the text.> > We may narrow down our selection to the aspect of interpretation in> > question in a treatise that may not otherwise be rated very high.

What> > say? > > > So who else? I mean which other authority/-ies or classics? > > <==> > This question is really difficult to answer. :) Apart from Parasara> > (for whom various versions of the slokas are available for the same in> > almost all instances) Meena Raja Hora discusses it. The statements> > from Meena Raja Hora is mentioned with utmost importance in Hora Ratna> > as well (at times they slightly variant versions of the slokas> > available in current printed verion of Meena raja hora). Hora> > pradeepam is a text quoted with reverance by the auther of Hora Sara > > (i.e. Nrisimha Daivanjna), a well known scholar of 17th century. Thus -> > Meenaraja hora gets double importance since supported by Hora Ratna.> > Hora Pradeepam gets double importance since supported by Hora Sara.> > >

> Some other later day texts MIGHT have discussed the same at times> > (though not extensively), but I am yet to make an elaborate search for> > the same in texts like Sarvartha Chintamani, Jataka Parijata,> > Saravali, Phaladeepika etc. One or two rudimentary slokas related to> > the same we may find in these texts as well. Some slokas relevant to> > the may find a place in many ancient Rishi horas (Whereever I find> > such a reference I will quote them for sure). But for sure none of the> > other texts (except BPHS, Meenaraja hora, Hora Pradeepam) discusses> > this subject extensively in detail as per my current knowledge and> > understanding. As far as ancient texts (Rishi horas) are concerned it> > is possible that the slokas that discuss this subject extensively are> > lost, even though they might have done the same (since

they use 7-fold> > method).> > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > , rk dash> > <arkaydash@> wrote:> > >> > > Yes, you are homing in on the "pure" point. That's what this> > particular aspect of interpretation of a chart is about. That's the> > way (the part-way) to go about it -- core task, winkling the secrets> > out of a chart. Now we have to agree on who next to Parasara we take> > on board for comparision. You have named two: Meenaraja Hora, and Hora> > Pradeepam. Who else? We don't have to go by the overall reputation of> > the text. We may narrow down our selection to the aspect of> > interpretation in question in a treatise that may not otherwise be> > rated

very high. What say? > > > So who else? I mean which other authority/-ies or classics? > > > > > > Sotto Voce: I don't want us, you and me, to be cynosures of (the> > galaxy of) our star-gazers in this firmament. Onlookers all? > > > > > > RK> > > > > > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:> > > Dear RK ji,> > > You are right - to the point. I agree. But as far as LL going to H-7> > > is concerned, the special point regarding ' if LL is a malefic' is> > > mentioned in the sloka itself; there for we cannot discount it as far> > > as the prediction related to the same given in the sloka is concerned.> > > For other results regarding LL in H-7 (which we would discuss in> > > detail as this discussion progresses) I agree absolutely with your> > > logic and

argument. > > > As far as LL in H-5 is concerned, I think there could be the point> > > I mentioned under consideration (for BPHS results) even though the> > > same is NOT mentioned in the sloka. But as you have clearly stated,> > > the normal expected result for the same SHOULD BE ''susuta' (good> > > child, or birth of children). Let us keep this doubt open till we> > > cross verify the results with the derivations given in other texts and> > > come to a logical conclusion/derivation.> > > We always have 2 options open to cross check the results predicted> > > by BPHS in this context-> > > 1) Cross verify the results with the predictions given in other> > > texts (especially Meenaraja Hora & Hora Pradeepam)> > > 2) Compare the predicted results with actual results observed.>

> > But still, the base rule as you pointed out is -> > > ==>> > > > What we are concerned at this stage of the 'ruling' is: L-1 goes > > > > H-5, L-1 goes to H-7 etc, other factors clearly discounted. Clear?> > > <==> > > To state in other words, the base rule is -> > > "LL going to H-1, H-2, H-3 etc ONLY should be considered, and other> > > factors (such as LL being malefic/benefic, LL being aspected by> > > malefic/benefic etc) should be clearly discounted"> > > We will even touch this base rule with corollaries, ONLY WHEN the> > > special condition is mentioned in the sloka itself; just not to> > > contaminate the result indicated by the sloka.> > > If this corollary is not there, I agree to your statement completely.> > > Love,> > > Sreenadh>

> > > > > , rk dash> > > <arkaydash@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Sreenadh,> > > > I think we should keep out the factor of L1 being a natural> > > malefic -- the logic you have used for those outcomes of L-1 going to> > > 5th, 7th hse (death of first child, uninterested in life/wife etc). If> > > we must, then we have to qualify the deduction, saying "where L-5 (or> > > L-7) is a malefic or is afflicted". > > > > > > > > What we are concerned at this stage of the 'ruling' is: L-1 goes> > > H-5, L-1 goes to H-7 etc, other factors clearly discounted. Clear?> > > > > > > > Let's carry on,> > > > RK> >

> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:> > > > Dear RK ji,> > > > Your concerns are right - important points mentioned. Let us > > > > together try to find out the reasons based on our logic.> > > > > When in 1st : Uncertain in decision> > > > Lagna lord in lagna gives the native all the good qualities such as > > > > compassion, kindness, softness of mind, emotional approach etc. > > > > Result? Uncertainty in decision. I think this account for the> logical > > > > basis of the above derivation.> > > > > When in 2nd: Many wives> > > > That is just natural. 2nd and 11th house signify second marriage. > > > > When the lagna lord comes in contact with any house the native is > > > > sure to get the results

related to that. Lagna lord in 2nd house > > > > makes the native beautiful, talkative, liked by women etc. Thus it > > > > turns out that it is natural to have many relations (wives). It > > > > should be noted that for lagna lord in lagna, and lagna lord in 2nd > > > > house - 2 wives and many wives are derived - NOT as a bad> result, but > > > > as a good result; indicating that the native will have every> kind of > > > > luxury including women.> > > > > When in 3rd : Many kinds of wealth, 2 wives> > > > Valorous - thus many kinds of wealth; 3rd is a house usually is of > > > > MIXED nature indicating mixed/various/many results. That is why the > > > > derivation 'Many kinds of wealth'. 2nd from 2nd - many kinds of > > > > wealth - i think this is

why you doubt that it could be due to> bhavat > > > > bhavam. 2 wives - i have no idea supply in this regard.> > > > > When in 4th: Lust> > > > No idea as of now.> > > > > When in 5th: Angry, loss of the 1st child > > > > If lagna lord is in 5th, any affliction to it can affect both 5th > > > > house and lagna equally - making a double impact. That is why the > > > > prediction 'loss of child'. Why 1st child - 5th signify 1st child > > > > more i doubt. Possibly here Parasara deviates a bit from the > > > > conventional prediction owing to the possibility of 'double> impact' i > > > > think. The standard prediction should be (we will verify) gain of > > > > child, as you mentioned. (But first the child should be born for it > > > > to perish -

this may make both the derivations consistent)> > > > > When in 7th: Uninterested in worldly life and wife > > > > This applies only if lagna lord is a malefic. Therefore it is > > > > logically ok.> > > > > When in 12th: Good health> > > > No idea as of now.> > > > Love,> > > > Sreenadh > > > > > > > > , rk dash > > > > <arkaydash@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Good start. I agree. First theoretical consideration then we test > > > > the rules against actual charts. Here's a small beginning of the > > > > examination of lagna lord's bhavashraya phala in BHPH. I'll go> about > > > > it

by first picking out those phala (results) which are not self-> > > > evident. Here they are:> > > > > > > > > > When in 1st> > > > > Uncertain in decision> > > > > > > > > > When in 2nd> > > > > Many wives> > > > > > > > > > When in 3rd> > > > > Many kinds of wealth (bhavat bhavam?), 2 wives> > > > > > > > > > When in 4th> > > > > Lust> > > > > > > > > > When in 5th> > > > > Angry, loss of the 1st child > > > > > > > > > > When in 7th> > > > > Uninterested in worldly life and wife > > > > > > > > > > When in 12th> > > > > Good health> > > > >

> > > > > These results are not easy to discern, given the first factor > > > > (the linkage of the the self to the department represented by the > > > > house the lagna lord tenants) and the sweeping good that lagna lord > > > > brings to the bhava it goes to. Take its placement in 5th. Why loss > > > > of child at all? Most other works declare, 'susuta', meaning good > > > > progeny. I'll cite one such at a later stage for all house of> tenancy > > > > as far as 1st lord is concerned. > > > > > > > > > > One more thing I'd like to think aloud about. Rule says that any > > > > lord that goes to a dusthana will bring detriment to the house the > > > > planet is lord of. Now how do we reconcile the L1 in 12th ensuring > > > > good health?

Will it take care of the attrition of body (12th from > > > > 1st hse, ie body) without itself being subject to detriment? > > > > > > > > > > RK> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > > The primary derivations for Lagna lord in various houses as per > > > > BPHS is given below. I invite all to start a discussion on the> same. > > > > > =================================> > > > > As per BPHS, for Lagna lord in -> > > > > Lagna: healthy body, courageous, uncertain in decisions, 2 wives> > > > > 2nd house: knowledgeable, good earnings, happiness, good habits, > > > > righteous, many wives, good qualities.> > > > > 3rd

house: valorous like a lion, all kinds of wealth, 2 wives, > > > > intelligent.> > > > > 4th house: love and affection from healthy mother with good > > > > longevity, many brothers/sisters, lust, beauty and good qualities.> > > > > 5th house: angry, moderate happiness from children, loss of first > > > > born (child), admired by government and authorities. > > > > > 6th house: (especially if aspected by malefics) trouble from > > > > enemies, bad health.> > > > > 7th house: (especially if Lagna lord is a malefic) his wife will > > > > die early (or married life will not go long), he will become > > > > uninterested in worldly life and wife, will be detached towards his > > > > native land and wander/visit many places, It is possible that he > > >

> won't be much wealthy (he would be a poor man) or also that he> would > > > > be a very wealthy person like a king.> > > > > 8th house: master of some branch of knowledge, troubled by > > > > diseases, interested in others wives, will be interested in all> kinds > > > > of games such as cards, chess, dice, lottery and so on, very much > > > > angry.> > > > > 9th house: lucky, loved by the public, devotee of Vishnu,> master of > > > > words and oratory, will have good wealth wife and children. > > > > > 10th house: admired by government and people in power (the native > > > > will have a good job), he would be a government servant, very much > > > > popular.> > > > > 11th house: much income from many sources, good popularity > > > >

(popularity due to good deeds, celebrity), good qualities, many> wives.> > > > > 12th house: good health, extravagant without reason, angry > > > > (especially if not benefics are present in 12th and if no benefic > > > > aspects 12th) > > > > > =================================> > > > > > > > > > Love,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > , manju chawla > > > > <manjuch2001@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Thank You Sreenadhji> > > > > > we would learn this subject in this way.You are really> helping us > > > > God bless you> >

> > > > regards> > > > > > manju> > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > Dear All,> > > > > > Let us start a new discussion on the subject "What should be> > > > > > predicted for Lagna lord in Various houses?" - let the> discussion > > > > go> > > > > > first and then comparison of it with actual results.> > > > > > Love,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I am careful not to confuse excellence with > > > > perfection,Excellence-I can reach for,Perfection is God's>

business---> > > > Michael J.Fox> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top> picks on > > > > TV.> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to > > > > know how.> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to> > > know how.> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Try the revolutionary next-gen Mail. > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now> >> > > > > > > > Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.>

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.