> " Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam

> Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH "

> The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is the

> description given to the supreme? " Akhanda

Mandalakaram " ! 'Akhanda'

> means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous'. 'Mandala'

means 'Circle'. 'Akaram'

> means 'Shape'!

> The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;)

> But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is

> incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be

> complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda' at all?

> Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular'

from

> all directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola'

> (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy)

is

> termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - " God is

sperical " ? ;)

> But how can a sphere be " Vyaptam Yena Characharam " (present in

every

> living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like

and

> Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living -

everywhere?

> But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I

> thought it is very simple! :(

> A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it

causing so

> much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right

> perspective?

> Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :)

>

> Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice

the

> fact - " We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME

that

> we know well about - many things that we see and interact in daily

> life " :)

> Have fun! Enjoy!

> Love,

> Sreenadh

>

Dear Jyothi ji,

quote:

'Now, about the "shape" of God, I think every body knows God is > shapeless. And God is a self-containing, self-sustaining power. May > be because we are not able to comprehend that power, we try to > picturise the power as best as possible and sphere scientifically is > a shape that occupies maximum volume, so what else we can write to > glorify that power but to say that he pervades the > whole "golam/sphere" - unquote.

Thanks for a genuinely acceptable notion regarding God....... especially where I have highlighted the extract from your mail.

blessings

Renu , "jyothi_b_lakshmi" <jyothilakshmi.b wrote:>> Respected Srinadhji,> > Thought by somebody who is not a scholar in either sanskrit or > scriptures:> > First I have a doubt if the sloka says God is spherical. I thought > the meaning is "I bow to that Guru who showed me thou, who pervades > the whole universe". If I am wrong in my understanding I request > scholars to correct me.> > Now, about the "shape" of God, I think every body knows God is > shapeless. And God is a self-containing, self-sustaining power. May > be because we are not able to comprehend that power, we try to > picturise the power as best as possible and sphere scientifically is > a shape that occupies maximum volume, so what else we can write to > glorify that power but to say that he pervades the > whole "golam/sphere".> > Regards,> Jyothi > > , "Sreenadh" > sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear All,> > A popular quote reads - > > "Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam> > Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH"> > The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is the > > description given to the supreme? "Akhanda > Mandalakaram"! 'Akhanda' > > means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous'. 'Mandala' > means 'Circle'. 'Akaram' > > means 'Shape'! > > The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;) > > But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is > > incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be > > complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda' at all?> > Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular' > from > > all directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola' > > (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy) > is > > termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - "God is > sperical"? ;)> > But how can a sphere be "Vyaptam Yena Characharam" (present in > every > > living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like > and > > Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living - > everywhere? > > But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I > > thought it is very simple! :( > > A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it > causing so > > much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right > > perspective? > > Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :)> > > > Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice > the > > fact - "We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME > that > > we know well about - many things that we see and interact in daily > > life" :) > > Have fun! Enjoy! > > Love,> > Sreenadh> >>

Dear Sreenadh,

How r u doing?

The universe is said to be egg shaped, (circle) and its always

growing and growing from all its directions.

Best regards,

Saaji Bhaskaran

, " jyothi_b_lakshmi "

<jyothilakshmi.b wrote:

>

> Respected Srinadhji,

>

> Thought by somebody who is not a scholar in either sanskrit or

> scriptures:

>

> First I have a doubt if the sloka says God is spherical. I thought

> the meaning is " I bow to that Guru who showed me thou, who pervades

> the whole universe " . If I am wrong in my understanding I request

> scholars to correct me.

>

> Now, about the " shape " of God, I think every body knows God is

> shapeless. And God is a self-containing, self-sustaining power. May

> be because we are not able to comprehend that power, we try to

> picturise the power as best as possible and sphere scientifically

is

> a shape that occupies maximum volume, so what else we can write to

> glorify that power but to say that he pervades the

> whole " golam/sphere " .

>

> Regards,

> Jyothi

>

> , " Sreenadh "

> <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear All,

> > A popular quote reads -

> > " Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam

> > Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH "

> > The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is

the

> > description given to the supreme? " Akhanda

> Mandalakaram " ! 'Akhanda'

> > means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous'. 'Mandala'

> means 'Circle'. 'Akaram'

> > means 'Shape'!

> > The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;)

> > But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is

> > incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be

> > complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda' at all?

> > Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular'

> from

> > all directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola'

> > (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy)

> is

> > termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - " God is

> sperical " ? ;)

> > But how can a sphere be " Vyaptam Yena Characharam " (present in

> every

> > living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like

> and

> > Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living -

> everywhere?

> > But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I

> > thought it is very simple! :(

> > A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it

> causing so

> > much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right

> > perspective?

> > Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :)

> >

> > Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice

> the

> > fact - " We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME

> that

> > we know well about - many things that we see and interact in

daily

> > life " :)

> > Have fun! Enjoy!

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

>

GOD IS A CIRCLE, WHOSE CENTRE IS EVERY WHERE BUT THE CIRCUMFERENCE IS NO WHERE.renunw <renunw Sent: Friday, 30 November, 2007 12:28:49 PM Re: What is the Shape of God?! :) - Circle!

Dear Jyothi ji,

quote:

'Now, about the "shape" of God, I think every body knows God is > shapeless. And God is a self-containing, self-sustaining power. May > be because we are not able to comprehend that power, we try to > picturise the power as best as possible and sphere scientifically is > a shape that occupies maximum volume, so what else we can write to > glorify that power but to say that he pervades the > whole "golam/sphere" - unquote.

Thanks for a genuinely acceptable notion regarding God....... especially where I have highlighted the extract from your mail.

blessings

Renuancient_indian_ astrology, "jyothi_b_lakshmi" <jyothilakshmi. b wrote:>> Respected Srinadhji,> > Thought by somebody who is not a scholar in either sanskrit or > scriptures:> > First I have a doubt if the sloka says God is spherical. I thought > the meaning is "I bow to that Guru who showed me thou, who pervades > the whole universe". If I am wrong in my understanding I request > scholars to correct me.> > Now, about the "shape" of God, I think every body knows God is > shapeless. And God is a self-containing, self-sustaining power. May > be because we are not able to comprehend that power, we try to > picturise the power as best as possible and sphere scientifically is > a shape that occupies maximum volume, so what else we can write to > glorify that power but to say that he

pervades the > whole "golam/sphere" .> > Regards,> Jyothi > > ancient_indian_ astrology@ .. com, "Sreenadh" > sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear All,> > A popular quote reads - > > "Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam> > Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH"> > The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is the > > description given to the supreme? "Akhanda > Mandalakaram" ! 'Akhanda' > > means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous' . 'Mandala' > means 'Circle'. 'Akaram' > > means 'Shape'! > > The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;) > > But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is > > incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be > > complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda'

at all?> > Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular' > from > > all directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola' > > (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy) > is > > termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - "God is > sperical"? ;)> > But how can a sphere be "Vyaptam Yena Characharam" (present in > every > > living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like > and > > Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living - > everywhere? > > But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I > > thought it is very simple! :( > > A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it > causing so > > much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right > > perspective? >

> Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :)> > > > Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice > the > > fact - "We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME > that > > we know well about - many things that we see and interact in daily > > life" :) > > Have fun! Enjoy! > > Love,> > Sreenadh> >>

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Dear Sreenadhji and All,akhandamandalAkAram vyaptam yena charAcharam !tatpadam darSitam yena tasmai SrI gurave namaH !!That Guru by whom, That is seen, which is Akhandamandalakaram and vyaptam with charaacharam, is bowed by me/us/all.tatpadam = this 'tat' is from the mahavakya "tatwamaSi". tat twam asi = that is you are. tat is that God who is opmnipresent/omnipotent without shape and form, akhandamandalaakaaram, like a sphere or circle with its centre at the place where one thinks of Him. And That is wholly occupied by charaacharam, animate and inanimate objects. That means everything is that only i.e. God.With regards,D.Ramakrishnan. Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear All, A popular quote reads - "Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH" The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is the description given to the supreme? "Akhanda Mandalakaram"! 'Akhanda' means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous'. 'Mandala' means 'Circle'. 'Akaram' means 'Shape'! The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;) But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda' at all? Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular' from all

directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola' (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy) is termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - "God is sperical"? ;) But how can a sphere be "Vyaptam Yena Characharam" (present in every living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like and Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living - everywhere? But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I thought it is very simple! :( A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it causing so much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right perspective? Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :) Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice the fact - "We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME that we know well about - many things that we see and interact in

daily life" :) Have fun! Enjoy! Love, Sreenadh

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Dear shri Sreenadh and other respected members who have respondedLet me share my share of thoughtsMandala has meaning as cirlce.However we do use it in our daily parlance with another meaning for eg as Karma Mandala.The constituency of a parliamentarian is also termed as Mandala:-).Thus it can also mean as a field of action or simply field/space.Our topic is AkhandaMandala.This field is continous, flowing and without divisions.The shape or Akara of something is in the form of Akhandamandala.An unbroken and continous field.Circle that we have in mind is perceived as static though without divisions.The sphere too is static though equipped with other dimensions as compared to a circle.But in essence,circle or circular or spherical is the pattern of ''fields''.Then why the doubt.There is an element of vibration which keeps this field alive and this vibration is cyclic and continous though it can look still.Similar to the stone thrown onto a pond creating circular ripples,there is something which is creating a field.The ripple created by a stone will cease and breaks continuity.On the other hand there is a certain field which remains alive and continous.There is a nada which is the root cause for all these vibrations and continuity.May be for the same reason learned men considered Art forms as an upadhi for attaining HIM.Music with Tala and Laya connects us to this continuos field.Control of breath is involuntarily learned through this exercise.The one without a second,that sublime continuity is HE alone.From that CENTRE which is within all of us(the vibrations begins from no where else) there exists a field which is not only continuous but also Ananta.As wide and far it can go as wide and far one can think.Thus it is limitless.It is this CENTRE which we may be seeking.All these may be what the leanred has seen and what that we are aspiring to see.What did Shri Ramachandra want from the Sagara.Why did he shout and what was the reply from the Ocean.Why was Hanuman told about the strength of Garuda.Why is he Maruthi Putra.How can he carry shri Ramachandra.How can he assume any shape.Which tattwa is that.What is Ramayana talking here.Why is Mana given reflective property.What is the tattwa there-Karka Rashi.Hanumans tails and Fire.There is lot for us to thinkand it is beyond perception at this moment.Leanred ones may correct me.It is that vibration alone which results in an Akara of akhandamandala.The one which we see on water is two dimensional while the limitless one is in all directions.RespectPradeep , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear All,> A popular quote reads - > "Akhanda Mandalakaram Vyaptam Yena Characharam> Tatpadam Darsitam Yena Tasmai Sri Gurave namaH"> The Guru knows about the supreme and so I bow to him. What is the > description given to the supreme? "Akhanda Mandalakaram"! 'Akhanda' > means 'Unbroken' or 'Continuous'. 'Mandala' means 'Circle'. 'Akaram' > means 'Shape'! > The Shape of God is that of an unbroken cirle!! ;) > But how can a circle be 'Khanda' or 'broken'? If the circle is > incomplete - we can't call it a circle at all. A circle has to be > complete - so what is the use of the word 'Akhanda' at all?> Is it that the sage is refering to something that is 'Circular' from > all directions? Some thing like a 'Sphere'? In astrology 'Gola' > (Sphere) is important and the study of cosmic spears (astronomy) is > termed 'Gola' by ancient indians. So is it that - "God is sperical"? ;)> But how can a sphere be "Vyaptam Yena Characharam" (present in every > living and non-living being)? Is it that god is some thing like and > Atom? ;) Spherical and present in living and non-living - everywhere? > But then what about vacuum? Ohh!! It all becoming so confusing! I > thought it is very simple! :( > A simple sloka - we though we know well about - why is it causing so > much confusion? Is it that we never looked into it in the right > perspective? > Hope many will come out with some nice thoughts. :)> > Point to note: This is just a fun exercise to bring into notice the > fact - "We don't know or think about many things which we ASSUME that > we know well about - many things that we see and interact in daily > life" :) > Have fun! Enjoy! > Love,> Sreenadh>