IndiaDivine.org

Karana Names

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Yes, you got it! In our current context of discussion that sloka is important due to 2 reasons.

* It clearly mentions that 'Savana Year' (360 solar day year) should be used for Dasa calculations.

* It clearly tells us that the Tithi and Karana results manefest in the Antara of moon in Sun's Mahadasha.

Note: I always wonder - even after using several

yearlengths and Ayansmsa's why I am finding 360 day Savana year &

True Ayanamsa of Chandra hari (that too 46 min more than Lahari and not

44 min more than Lahari) more suitable and matching with events

always!!

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote:

Re: Re: Karana Names

Dear Sreenathji,

Got it. Here it goes... for the benefit of members...as per Pt Dhundi Raj...

"...by

considering the effects of ayana, vaar, paksh, tithi, karan, yoga,etc,

much knowledge may be gained about the inclination or tendency of the

native, his way of life, economic condition, health, achievements,

longevity, etc.

The time of obtainment of effects of birth in tithi, vaar, karan etc...are thus:

Effects of birth in a particular...

....Samvatsara (time taken by Jupiter to cross one sign) are obtained in the dasha of lord of sawan year

....ayana and ritu are obtained in the period of sun

....month in the dasha of masapati

....gan, nakshatra and paksh in the dasha of moon

....tithi and karan in the antar of moon in sun's mahadasha

....yoga in the dasha of sun or moon whosoever is stronger

....vaar in the dasha of vaarpati

....lagan in the dasha of lagan lord

....house in the dasha of house lord

....sign in the dasha of sign lord

love and regards

neelam

On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

Dear Neelam ji,

==>

> However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in

Moon's

> antar in Sun's MD"

> I shall be grateful for your kind help.

<==

I think you will find that sloka in the next section after

Karna. That sloka is after or the same sloka which contains the words

"Savana varshapasya" - possibly the concluding sloka of that section

where Dundi raja speaks about in which dasas the results such as that of

Varsha, Ritu, Masa, Paksha, Tithi, Nakshatra, Karana etc would be

applicable. I am just speaking from memorty, would have to check

the text to find the exact location. But if my memory if ok the above

description would be enough for you to locate the exact sloka - it must be with

in 5 to 10 slokas AFTER the slokas that speaks about Karana results.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh> > , "neelam gupta"> > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > Thanks for the treasure trove of information as usual. I am almost> > getting> > > hooked on to this forum...> > > Jugglery I said only in a lighter vain!!! You know how the juggler> > maneuvers> > > 12 balls, not letting even one fall or go out of sight.> > > Quite a mastery that is... the better expression would be as parashara> > says> > > uha-poh-patu. That is what I meant.> > > I'm still trying to learn the basics and the valuable postings from you,> > > Sreenivasji and other learned members is a boon.> > > The knowledge and learning of this divine vidya is so vast that the more> > you> > > learn, the more inadequate you feel...> > >> > > And...as per your earlier posting I am trying to compile a note on> > Karanas> > > from Jatakbharnam.> > > However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in> > Moon's> > > antar in Sun's MD"> > > I shall be grateful for your kind help.> > > Thanks and regards> > > neelam> > >> > > On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > ==>> > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > nature> > > > of job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > yogas) and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature> > of job> > > >> > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > again!!!!!> > > > <==> > > > There is no need of Jugglery provided one understands the basics> > > > well. The fundamental and trustworthy point in associating Panchanga> > with> > > > natal chart is to consider ruler of concerned limb and not its> > position in> > > > the natal chart and arrive at a solid conclusion - it is a popular> > nadi> > > > methodology as well. The details you can query with Sunil ji - who is> > a> > > > nadi mastro as well; means he arrives at conclusions many times based> > on> > > > nadi principles.> > > > As you know -> > > > 1. Nakshatra - has a lord and you can not the position of the nakshtra> > > > lord in chart, and provide a related sold derivation. Nakshatra is a> > > > pointer towards the mind.> > > > 2. Nitya yoga - is essentially associated with Nakshatras and has a> > > > lord, and a solid system of result derivation, and you can not the> > position> > > > of the nakshtra lord in chart to provide a related solid derivation.> > > > Nityayoga is also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon - which> > > > makes it all the more important.> > > > 3. Tithi - does not have a lord, but Tithi is considered 'the body'.> > > > Tithi is considered the most important limb among the 5 limbs> > (Panchanga)> > > > and as such the we can expect that similar to Nakshatra or better than> > > > nakshtra the tithi results should match to the native. In arriving at> > > > deities of for worship etc Tithi is considered with importance, and as> > such> > > > definitely you can arrive at many useful derivations based on Tithi -> > since> > > > it also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon.> > > > 4. Vara - Vara has a lord and its position in natal chart is important> > > > and certainly helps us to reach some defenite derivations. Vara is 24> > hours> > > > and Sukshma vara is 1 hour each. That means Sukshma vara is nothing> > but Kala> > > > hora - and Vara sputa is nothing but Lagna sputa! I hope, it is not> > > > necessary to describe the importance of the same. Without any jugglery> > it> > > > provides many definite results for sure.> > > > 5. Karana - Karana is the day and night of the Lunar day (Tithi). It> > is> > > > said that 'Karnat Karya siddhichaH' (Karana indicates fullfillment of> > > > work); or in other words Karana can be considered as a pointer to the> > type> > > > of work under taken by an individual.> > > > Definitely all these are DASA DEPENDENT even though they can be> > applied> > > > or expected to be true in a general sense as well. Thus NO JUGGLERY is> > > > needed but instead all of them helps the learned astrologer to arrive> > at> > > > many solid results.> > > > Note: I am not interested in going into the details of the above> > > > methods as of now, because these methods are not as fundamental to> > result> > > > derivation as 7-fold approach. But my objection is to the statement> > that -> > > > jugglery is necessary to derive results using Panchanga; It is NOT SO;> > *there> > > > are systematic approaches available to arrive at solid results based> > on> > > > Panchanga* as well.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > I completely agree with you. We could try and collate some scattered> > > > > information on these issues.> > > > > I took an example of a well known person so that all could see the> > > > > application. Ditto Benazir...> > > > > Ofcourse all panchang factors must be serving as pointers to> > particular> > > > > traits/events,> > > > > only if we could understand their language!> > > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > nature> > > > of> > > > > job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > yogas)> > > > > and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature of> > job> > > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > > again!!!!!> > > > > Regards> > > > > Neelam> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > On 18/01/2008, sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Hare rama krishna .> > > > > >> > > > > > dear neelam gupta ji .> > > > > >> > > > > > yes all panchanga we must co relate ( day /thithi /karana /nithya> > yoga> > > > > > /nakshatra ) in dasa phala analysis .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > if we take one each we may be misleaded .So charts with dasa> > pattern> > > > is> > > > > > emerging the effect of this influence along with other parameters> > like> > > > ritu> > > > > > .masa and paksha ,even i think Year can influence .As every year> > world> > > > is> > > > > > changing .Many of this technics has been lost or hidden .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Now one thought there is 2 kinds of karana .> > > > > >> > > > > > one is known as stira karana and other is known as chara karana .> > > > > >> > > > > > its says in books that those who born with stira karanas are more> > > > likely> > > > > > to do fixed nature of jobs ,they stay at one place more .> > > > > >> > > > > > where as the ppl more chara are more movable .they do different> > jobs> > > > and> > > > > > they do work of moving or transferable nature .> > > > > >> > > > > > like u mentioned Hema malini born in taitila karana ( kazhutha> > karana> > > > in> > > > > > malayalam )> > > > > >> > > > > > a chara karana ,same is the case of benazir bhutto ( i am just> > taking> > > > her> > > > > > 22st june 1953 as birth year and 8.15 PM as there no need of time> > > > > > adjustment ) .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > so can we see this and try how its working in majority of chart s> > .THo> > > > now> > > > > > a days world has become so fast than earlier days of max distance> > one> > > > can> > > > > > travel is a horse running time .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > with warm regrds> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > sunil nair> > > > > >> > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Renuji,> > > > > > > Pt Dhundiraj in jatakbharnam has given the effects of birth on> > > > different> > > > > > > tithis, yogas, karanas besides ritus, ayanas, navamshas,> > nakshatras,> > > > > > etc.> > > > > > > Just to quote an example, Actress Hema Malini is born in Karna> > > > Taitila> > > > > > and> > > > > > > Dundhiraj says:> > > > > > > "If native is born in Taitila karna, he has a charming and> > delicate> > > > > > body, is> > > > > > > skilled in amorous or pleasure giving sports,> > > > > > > knows the essence of arts, is a successful orator, of good> > character> > > > and> > > > > > > conduct, has clear intellect and playful eyes"> > > > > > > Applies quite well to the personality. Though as with all> > > > astrological> > > > > > > principals, several other conditions should also support> > > > > > > these features in the chart. This was just by way of an example,> > I> > > > may> > > > > > be> > > > > > > wrong.> > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, renunw renunw@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Would like to know more about this....> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > " But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > have> > > > > > > > been dealt> > > > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > some> > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > them.........."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > if it is not going to disturb the current discussions in the> > > > forum.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks......> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > >> > > > > > > > "neelam gupta"> > > > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > > > > > > > > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just> > as> > > > > > > > they do for> > > > > > > > > any muhurat.> > > > > > > > > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and> > we do> > > > > > > > tend to> > > > > > > > > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in> > Gandant,> > > > > > > > amavasya, etc.> > > > > > > > > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > have> > > > > > > > been dealt> > > > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > some> > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > them.> > > > > > > > > We do need to probe further into these things and a better> > > > picture> > > > > > > > might> > > > > > > > > emerge.> > > > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > > > > > > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> > > > > > > > deriving> > > > > > > > > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are> > some> > > > > > > > special> > > > > > > > > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by> > Sunil> > > > ji> > > > > > > > etc for> > > > > > > > > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation> > concerning> > > > > > > > natal chart.> > > > > > > > > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time;> > such> > > > > > > > as Tithi,> > > > > > > > > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to> > Muhurta> > > > > > > > > > dertermination.> > > > > > > > > > ==>> > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > at> > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > one's> > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > <==> > > > > > > > > > I am yet to hear any such thing - even though associating> > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > results generally with t he native and especially with the> > > > Moon> > > > > > > > dasa is a> > > > > > > > > > common practice.> > > > > > > > > > A special point to remember is that we might be> > calculating> > > > > > > > Karanas> > > > > > > > > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is> > half> > > > > > > > of Tithi> > > > > > > > > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana> > is> > > > > > > > just half of> > > > > > > > > > Tithi, why should we consider it as indipendent at all?> > Why> > > > > > > > should we> > > > > > > > > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word> > Purvardha> > > > > > > > of Tithi, and> > > > > > > > > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana> > has a> > > > > > > > constent 6> > > > > > > > > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely> > > > > > > > speaking there is> > > > > > > > > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue?> > What> > > > is> > > > > > > > the idea> > > > > > > > > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes,> > there> > > > is> > > > > > > > some!> > > > > > > > > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of> > Tithi -> > > > > > > > but it is> > > > > > > > > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the> > tithi'> > > > > > > > and 'night time> > > > > > > > > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent> > > > (such> > > > > > > > as 6 degree)> > > > > > > > > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like> > the> > > > > > > > day and night> > > > > > > > > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana'> > > > > > > > and 'Night time> > > > > > > > > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e.> > Tithi)!> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think> > that> > > > > > > > the group> > > > > > > > > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana> > > > divisions.> > > > > > > > I dont'> > > > > > > > > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the> > > > > > > > possibilities of Chara> > > > > > > > > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate> > issues> > > > > > > > associated> > > > > > > > > > with their use through out history. So let us leave this> > > > > > > > subject here, if> > > > > > > > > > not any one is specially interested.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > "renunw"> > > > > > > > <renunw@>> > > > > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on> > 'karana'.> > > > All> > > > > > > > these> > > > > > > > > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > at> > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > one's> > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > -- In > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Karana Names> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > - Written by Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in> > the 7> > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > > names> > > > > > > > > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 1. Bava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > > > > > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with> > Lion.> > > > > > > > This word> > > > > > > > > > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> > > > > > > > testacies,> > > > > > > > > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as> > you> > > > could> > > > > > > > > > > expect> > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as> > journey,> > > > > > > > daily> > > > > > > > > > > duties,> > > > > > > > > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing> > > > seeds,> > > > > > > > > > > sexual> > > > > > > > > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship,> > temple> > > > > > > > > > > creation and> > > > > > > > > > > > so on).> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 2. Balava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > > > > > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do> > with> > > > > > > > leopard.> > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which> > > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl,> > prostitute> > > > > > > > and so> > > > > > > > > > > on. The> > > > > > > > > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That> > is> > > > why> > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship),> > study> > > > of> > > > > > > > Veda,> > > > > > > > > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds> > of> > > > > > > > Santi> > > > > > > > > > > karma.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has> > nothing> > > > to> > > > > > > > do> > > > > > > > > > > with> > > > > > > > > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word> > Kulapa or> > > > > > > > Kudava.> > > > > > > > > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as> > > > Nazhi> > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > south> > > > > > > > > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional> > family.> > > > > > > > so the> > > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional> > path,> > > > or> > > > > > > > > > > traditional> > > > > > > > > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud> > > > vessels,> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > Kaulalam> > > > > > > > > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another> > name> > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > people who> > > > > > > > > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of> > worship.> > > > > > > > Also> > > > > > > > > > > remember> > > > > > > > > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri> > pundits –> > > > > > > > > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of> > siva-> > > > > > > > sakti> > > > > > > > > > > worship).> > > > > > > > > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> > > > > > > > tradition> > > > > > > > > > > and any> > > > > > > > > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all> > Sthira> > > > karma> > > > > > > > > > > (such as> > > > > > > > > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement or anything which we> > > > want> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > stay for> > > > > > > > > > > > long).> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > > > > > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do> > with> > > > > > > > Donkey.> > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which> > > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word> > with> > > > > > > > great> > > > > > > > > > > history.> > > > > > > > > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya> > > > banch'> > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of> > the> > > > > > > > reverence> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or> > > > reward.> > > > > > > > > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular> > English> > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > which> > > > > > > > > > > > originated from the same root word – i.e. `Title'.> > Apart> > > > > > > > > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also> > means> > > > > > > > > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a> > > > award,> > > > > > > > > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval> > > > periods> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities> > > > related> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > king,> > > > > > > > > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and> > > > revered> > > > > > > > ones> > > > > > > > > > > and so> > > > > > > > > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power> > and> > > > > > > > > > > authority> > > > > > > > > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well.> > For> > > > > > > > pledge> > > > > > > > > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually> > > > Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > karana is> > > > > > > > > > > > preferred.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 5. Gara> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > > > > > > > > (Elephant).> > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> > Elephant.> > > > > > > > Here the> > > > > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult,> > demanding> > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud> > > > beauty),> > > > > > > > Gurutva> > > > > > > > > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most> > valuable),> > > > > > > > Gareeyan> > > > > > > > > > > (most> > > > > > > > > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better> > history.> > > > In> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > ancient> > > > > > > > > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > > > > > > > > cattle/horse/elephant> > > > > > > > > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains,> > > > vehicle> > > > > > > > > > > related and> > > > > > > > > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager.> > Hriha is> > > > a> > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under> > the> > > > > > > > > > > category of> > > > > > > > > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle> > > > shed,> > > > > > > > > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example> > Aswa-gara> > > > > > > > (horse> > > > > > > > > > > shed).> > > > > > > > > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse, and the place> > to> > > > > > > > land the> > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that> > > > > > > > English> > > > > > > > > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family.> > The> > > > > > > > point to> > > > > > > > > > > note> > > > > > > > > > > > is that it is just due all this that – Gara karana is> > very> > > > > > > > > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it> > be> > > > > > > > related> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural business and> > so> > > > on.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to> > do> > > > > > > > with Cow.> > > > > > > > > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija'> > or> > > > Pani> > > > > > > > > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember> > the> > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > Vanijya> > > > > > > > > > > > (business) which too is a related word. The word> > `Pani' or> > > > > > > > > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past> > the> > > > > > > > > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the> > presence of> > > > > > > > this> > > > > > > > > > > word in> > > > > > > > > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) –> > thus> > > > > > > > > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at> > the> > > > > > > > > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > > > > > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business.> > Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business,> > > > > > > > selling> > > > > > > > > > > plot or> > > > > > > > > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > > > > > > > > same> > > > > > > > > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is> > > > similar> > > > > > > > to a> > > > > > > > > > > dog.> > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog.> > Here> > > > the> > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit,> > work> > > > > > > > without> > > > > > > > > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy.> > > > > > > > Vishiti> > > > > > > > > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is> > useless> > > > > > > > Ishti or> > > > > > > > > > > useless> > > > > > > > > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti means> > > > > > > > `waste'> > > > > > > > > > > > – both words (vishti and waste) originated from the> > same> > > > > > > > root. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or> > good> > > > > > > > deeds and> > > > > > > > > > > also> > > > > > > > > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even> > punya) in> > > > > > > > return.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at> > > > least> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > some> > > > > > > > > > > > one.> > > > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > >>

Dear

Chakraborty ji,

If we consider things just for humor sake -

PVR - created Jhora software and distributed it for free - Vishti

(waste) as far as monetary gains to him is concerned.

Sanjay Rath - made a everything a business - Vanija (business)

;=)

I cannot comment about the others because I don't know much about them.

;)

Note: Use of Karana names in deriving `some' results is a useful technique for

Jataka, Prashna and Muhurta; but DON'T give too much importance to them.

:)

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, "Chakraborty, PL" <CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:

RE: Re: Karana Names

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

Your mail on Karana name is highly informative.

Earlier, whenever I used J-Hora, I used to wonder about the use

of 'Karana' names and their significance.

I checked the available charts for matching karana names with

the natives (perceived) characters. There was a very good match

in most of the cases. In some cases, however, there appears to be

some mismatch.

Like,

PVR (author of J-hora) & Swami Jayendra Saraswati- Vishti - .

Pandit Rath / Prof. B. Suryanarayana Rao - Vanija

Anyway, it is a good learning for me.

Thanks and regards

Chakraborty

> > > Sreenadh [sreesog]> Friday, January 18, 2008 11:15 AM> > Re: Karana Names> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > I request u to giv the karana names ,the chara (movable )and stira> > (fixed ) in a table for members> I will do that in another mail. > ==>> > How its affecting the employment and residence. Only based on these> > concepts and chart in detail we can unravel later after going tru one> > by one .And i request all members to participate in this discussions.> <== > In my opinian the approch behind Karana names and co-relating it with the> native's nature is simple. The results be "Similar to meaning of Karna> names" :) Some example description is given below. I am giving the other> poplar names of those karana (duty; proper for word) names in bracket for> the people who are not familiar with the original name to understand the> same. > 1) Kausthubha (Kimstukhna/Puzhu) = Kausthubha means sandel, gem or> elephant. Anyway this is a Karna proper for sages and saints; especially> those who follow traditional tantric worship. The nature of the native born> in this karana would be similar to the same. > 2) Bala (Vapa/Simha) = Highly creative; desire filled; able; artistic;> In essence Rajasik - good for kings and worldly individuals with a practical> mind. > 3) Balava (Vadava/puli) = Brahmanic; good for worship and worldly acts;> able.> 4) Kaulava (Varaha/panni) = Traditional jobs; people who follow> traditional jobs and traditional tantric worship; normal society people;> villagers who value tradition. Good for common people. > 5) Taitila (Khara/Kazhuta)= Title; good for awards and rewards; good for> celebrities; good for govt. servant; creative, famous. > 6) Gara (Gaja) = Hard working; technicians; people to who specialize in> different areas of work with needs continuous training and talent. > 7) Vanija (Surabhi/Pasu) = Business men. > 8) Vishti = Useless people - who waste the time, money and energy of> themselves and others. > 9) Sakuni (Pullu) = Sharp mind; interested in speculation; clever;> Politicians. > 10) Chatushpad (Nalkali/Quadruped) = Normal people; vehicle related> jobs. > 11) Naga (Pampu) = Chance for deformed body at birth; Rebels; don't value> society accepted paths - but instead creates their own paths - or follow> traditional tantiric paths not accepted by current society. Angry,> destructive, able. Fire like. > Hope this brief description would be helpful in understanding the people> born in those Karanas.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna .> > > > dear sree nadh ji .> > > > > > > > I request u to giv the karana names ,the chara (movable )and stira> > (fixed ) in a table for memebers to delinate the results of my query to> > the grp In north indian names as i know only the malayalam names .Also> > its easy for those who use softwares like j hora .> > How its affecting the employment and residence .ONly based on these> > concepts and chart in detail we can unravel later after going tru one> > by one .And i request all memebrs to participate in this discussions.> > > > regrds sunil nair.> > > > Om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have been> > > dealt> > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > Good point made. :) I was thinking in similar lines - and also of> > > elaborating the karna results in the group based on the same. Since> > you> > > have mentioned it, I request you to proceed with explaining the same> > to> > > the group and also the quote in Jatakabharana which says Karana> > results> > > will manifest in "the Moon Antara of Sun Dasa". Also note and emphasis> > > the fact that Dundi raja asks us to use "Savana Year" (360 day year)> > to> > > calculate Dasa.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > , "neelam gupta"> > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > > > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > > > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just as they> > do> > > for> > > > any muhurat.> > > > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and we do> > tend> > > to> > > > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in Gandant,> > > amavasya, etc.> > > > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have> > been> > > dealt> > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found some truth> > > in> > > > them.> > > > We do need to probe further into these things and a better picture> > > might> > > > emerge.> > > > Love and regards> > > > Neelam> > > >> > > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> > > deriving> > > > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are some> > special> > > > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by Sunil ji> > etc> > > for> > > > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation concerning natal> > > chart.> > > > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time; such as> > > Tithi,> > > > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to Muhurta> > > > > dertermination.> > > > > ==>> > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> > one's> > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> > ups> > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > <==> > > > > I am yet to hear any such thing - even though associating Karana> > > > > results generally with t he native and especially with the Moon> > dasa> > > is a> > > > > common practice.> > > > > A special point to remember is that we might be calculating> > > Karanas> > > > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is half of> > > Tithi> > > > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana is just> > > half of> > > > > Tithi, why should we consider it as indipendent at all? Why should> > > we> > > > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word Purvardha of> > > Tithi, and> > > > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana has a> > > constent 6> > > > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely speaking> > > there is> > > > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue? What is> > the> > > idea> > > > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes, there is> > > some!> > > > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of Tithi - but> > > it is> > > > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the tithi' and> > > 'night time> > > > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent (such as> > 6> > > degree)> > > > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like the day> > > and night> > > > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana' and 'Night> > > time> > > > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e. Tithi)!> > > > >> > > > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think that the> > > group> > > > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana divisions. I> > > dont'> > > > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the possibilities> > of> > > Chara> > > > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate issues> > > associated> > > > > with their use through out history. So let us leave this subject> > > here, if> > > > > not any one is specially interested.> > > > >> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on 'karana'. All> > > these> > > > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > > > >> > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> > one's> > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> > ups> > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > >> > > > > > blessings> > > > > >> > > > > > Renu> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > -- In , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Karana Names> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > - Written by Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in the 7> > > Karana> > > > > > names> > > > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 1. Bava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with Lion. This> > > word> > > > > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> > testacies,> > > > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as you could> > > > > > expect> > > > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as journey,> > daily> > > > > > duties,> > > > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing seeds,> > > > > > sexual> > > > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship, temple> > > > > > creation and> > > > > > > so on).> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 2. Balava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do with> > > leopard.> > > > > > This> > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which means> > > > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl, prostitute and> > so> > > > > > on. The> > > > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That is why> > > > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship), study of> > > Veda,> > > > > > for> > > > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds of> > Santi> > > > > > karma.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has nothing to> > do> > > > > > with> > > > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word Kulapa or> > > Kudava.> > > > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as Nazhi in> > > > > > south> > > > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional family. so> > > the> > > > > > word> > > > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional path, or> > > > > > traditional> > > > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud vessels,> > and> > > > > > Kaulalam> > > > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another name for> > > > > > people who> > > > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of worship.> > Also> > > > > > remember> > > > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri pundits -> > > > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of siva-sakti> > > > > > worship).> > > > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> > tradition> > > > > > and any> > > > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all Sthira karma> > > > > > (such as> > > > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement or anything which we want to> > > > > > stay for> > > > > > > long).> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> > Donkey.> > > > > > This> > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which means> > > > > > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word with great> > > > > > history.> > > > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya banch'> > of> > > > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of the> > > reverence> > > > > > to> > > > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or reward.> > > > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular English> > word> > > > > > which> > > > > > > originated from the same root word - i.e. `Title'. Apart> > > > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also means> > > > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a award,> > > > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval periods> > to> > > > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities related to> > > > > > king,> > > > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and revered> > ones> > > > > > and so> > > > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power and> > > > > > authority> > > > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well. For> > > pledge> > > > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually Taitila> > > > > > karana is> > > > > > > preferred.> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 5. Gara> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > > > (Elephant).> > > > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with Elephant. Here> > > the> > > > > > root> > > > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult, demanding more> > > > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud beauty),> > > Gurutva> > > > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most valuable),> > > Gareeyan> > > > > > (most> > > > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better history. In> > the> > > > > > ancient> > > > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > > > cattle/horse/elephant> > > > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains, vehicle> > > > > > related and> > > > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager. Hriha is a> > > word> > > > > > that> > > > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under the> > > > > > category of> > > > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle shed,> > > > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example Aswa-gara> > > (horse> > > > > > shed).> > > > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse, and the place to land> > > the> > > > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that English> > > > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family. The point> > > to> > > > > > note> > > > > > > is that it is just due all this that - Gara karana is very> > > > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it be> > > related> > > > > > to> > > > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural business and so on.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to do with> > > Cow.> > > > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija' or Pani> > > > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember the word> > > > > > Vanijya> > > > > > > (business) which too is a related word. The word `Pani' or> > > > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past the> > > > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the presence of> > this> > > > > > word in> > > > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) - thus> > > > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at the> > > > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business. Thus> > > > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business, selling> > > > > > plot or> > > > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > > > same> > > > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is similar to> > a> > > > > > dog.> > > > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog. Here the> > root> > > > > > word> > > > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit, work> > without> > > > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy. Vishiti> > > > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is useless Ishti> > or> > > > > > useless> > > > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti means `waste'> > > > > > > - both words (vishti and waste) originated from the same> > > root. Thus> > > > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or good deeds> > > and> > > > > > also> > > > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even punya) in> > > return.> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at least to> > > > > > some> > > > > > > one.> > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > >

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway. The

information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to

this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and

may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you

are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute

or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy

all copies of this message and any attachments.>

Dear Sreenadhji,here is an excellent link to Sanskrit jyotish ebooks:http://www.vedamu.org/Vedas/Jyotisa/Vedanga.aspRegardskiranSreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Neelam ji, Yes, you got it! In our current context of discussion that sloka is important due to 2 reasons. * It clearly mentions that 'Savana Year' (360 solar day year) should be used for Dasa calculations. * It clearly tells us that the Tithi and Karana results manefest

in the Antara of moon in Sun's Mahadasha. Note: I always wonder - even after using several yearlengths and Ayansmsa's why I am finding 360 day Savana year & True Ayanamsa of Chandra hari (that too 46 min more than Lahari and not 44 min more than Lahari) more suitable and matching with events always!! Love and regards, Sreenadh , "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote: Re: Re: Karana Names Dear Sreenathji, Got it. Here it goes... for the benefit of members...as per Pt Dhundi Raj... "...by considering the effects of ayana, vaar, paksh, tithi, karan, yoga,etc, much knowledge may be gained about the inclination or tendency of the native, his way of life, economic condition, health, achievements, longevity, etc. The time of obtainment of effects of birth in

tithi, vaar, karan etc...are thus: Effects of birth in a particular... ...Samvatsara (time taken by Jupiter to cross one sign) are obtained in the dasha of lord of sawan year ...ayana and ritu are obtained in the period of sun ...month in the dasha of masapati ...gan, nakshatra and paksh in the dasha of moon ...tithi and karan in the antar of moon in sun's mahadasha ...yoga in the dasha of sun or moon whosoever is stronger ...vaar in the dasha of vaarpati ...lagan in the dasha of lagan lord ...house in the dasha of house lord ...sign in the dasha of sign lord love and regards neelam On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh <sreesog > wrote: Dear Neelam ji,

==> > However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in Moon's > antar in Sun's MD" > I shall be grateful for your kind help. <== I think you will find that sloka in the next section after Karna. That sloka is after or the same sloka which contains the words "Savana varshapasya" - possibly the concluding sloka of that section where Dundi raja speaks about in which dasas the results such as that of Varsha, Ritu, Masa, Paksha, Tithi, Nakshatra, Karana etc would be applicable. I am just speaking from memorty, would have to check the text to find the exact location. But if my memory if ok the above description would be enough for you to locate the exact sloka - it must be with in 5 to 10 slokas AFTER the slokas that speaks about Karana results. Love and regards, Sreenadh> > --- In

, "neelam gupta"> > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > Thanks for the treasure trove of information as usual. I am almost> > getting> > > hooked on to this forum...> > > Jugglery I said only in a lighter vain!!! You know how the juggler> > maneuvers> > > 12 balls, not letting even one fall or go out of sight.> > > Quite a mastery that is... the better expression would be as parashara> > says> > > uha-poh-patu. That is what I meant.> > > I'm still trying to learn the basics and the valuable postings from you,> > > Sreenivasji and other learned members is a boon.> > > The knowledge and learning of this divine vidya is so vast that the more> > you> > > learn, the more inadequate you feel...>

> >> > > And...as per your earlier posting I am trying to compile a note on> > Karanas> > > from Jatakbharnam.> > > However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in> > Moon's> > > antar in Sun's MD"> > > I shall be grateful for your kind help.> > > Thanks and regards> > > neelam> > >> > > On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > ==>> > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > nature> > > > of job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > yogas) and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature> >

of job> > > >> > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > again!!!!!> > > > <==> > > > There is no need of Jugglery provided one understands the basics> > > > well. The fundamental and trustworthy point in associating Panchanga> > with> > > > natal chart is to consider ruler of concerned limb and not its> > position in> > > > the natal chart and arrive at a solid conclusion - it is a popular> > nadi> > > > methodology as well. The details you can query with Sunil ji - who is> > a> > > > nadi mastro as well; means he arrives at conclusions many times based> > on> > > > nadi principles.> > > > As you know -> > > > 1. Nakshatra - has a lord and you can not the position of the

nakshtra> > > > lord in chart, and provide a related sold derivation. Nakshatra is a> > > > pointer towards the mind.> > > > 2. Nitya yoga - is essentially associated with Nakshatras and has a> > > > lord, and a solid system of result derivation, and you can not the> > position> > > > of the nakshtra lord in chart to provide a related solid derivation.> > > > Nityayoga is also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon - which> > > > makes it all the more important.> > > > 3. Tithi - does not have a lord, but Tithi is considered 'the body'.> > > > Tithi is considered the most important limb among the 5 limbs> > (Panchanga)> > > > and as such the we can expect that similar to Nakshatra or better than> > > > nakshtra the tithi results should match to the native. In arriving

at> > > > deities of for worship etc Tithi is considered with importance, and as> > such> > > > definitely you can arrive at many useful derivations based on Tithi -> > since> > > > it also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon.> > > > 4. Vara - Vara has a lord and its position in natal chart is important> > > > and certainly helps us to reach some defenite derivations. Vara is 24> > hours> > > > and Sukshma vara is 1 hour each. That means Sukshma vara is nothing> > but Kala> > > > hora - and Vara sputa is nothing but Lagna sputa! I hope, it is not> > > > necessary to describe the importance of the same. Without any jugglery> > it> > > > provides many definite results for sure.> > > > 5. Karana - Karana is the day and night of the Lunar day (Tithi). It>

> is> > > > said that 'Karnat Karya siddhichaH' (Karana indicates fullfillment of> > > > work); or in other words Karana can be considered as a pointer to the> > type> > > > of work under taken by an individual.> > > > Definitely all these are DASA DEPENDENT even though they can be> > applied> > > > or expected to be true in a general sense as well. Thus NO JUGGLERY is> > > > needed but instead all of them helps the learned astrologer to arrive> > at> > > > many solid results.> > > > Note: I am not interested in going into the details of the above> > > > methods as of now, because these methods are not as fundamental to> > result> > > > derivation as 7-fold approach. But my objection is to the statement> > that -> > > > jugglery is necessary to

derive results using Panchanga; It is NOT SO;> > *there> > > > are systematic approaches available to arrive at solid results based> > on> > > > Panchanga* as well.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > I completely agree with you. We could try and collate some scattered> > > > > information on these issues.> > > > > I took an example of a well known person so that all could see the> > > > > application. Ditto Benazir...> > > > > Ofcourse all panchang factors must be serving as pointers to> > particular> > > > > traits/events,> >

> > > only if we could understand their language!> > > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > nature> > > > of> > > > > job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > yogas)> > > > > and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature of> > job> > > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > > again!!!!!> > > > > Regards> > > > > Neelam> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > On 18/01/2008, sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > >

> > >> > > > > > Hare rama krishna .> > > > > >> > > > > > dear neelam gupta ji .> > > > > >> > > > > > yes all panchanga we must co relate ( day /thithi /karana /nithya> > yoga> > > > > > /nakshatra ) in dasa phala analysis .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > if we take one each we may be misleaded .So charts with dasa> > pattern> > > > is> > > > > > emerging the effect of this influence along with other parameters> > like> > > > ritu> > > > > > .masa and paksha ,even i think Year can influence .As every year> > world> > > > is> > > > > > changing .Many of this technics has been lost or

hidden .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Now one thought there is 2 kinds of karana .> > > > > >> > > > > > one is known as stira karana and other is known as chara karana .> > > > > >> > > > > > its says in books that those who born with stira karanas are more> > > > likely> > > > > > to do fixed nature of jobs ,they stay at one place more .> > > > > >> > > > > > where as the ppl more chara are more movable .they do different> > jobs> > > > and> > > > > > they do work of moving or transferable nature .> > > > > >> > > > > > like u mentioned Hema malini born in taitila karana ( kazhutha> > karana>

> > > in> > > > > > malayalam )> > > > > >> > > > > > a chara karana ,same is the case of benazir bhutto ( i am just> > taking> > > > her> > > > > > 22st june 1953 as birth year and 8.15 PM as there no need of time> > > > > > adjustment ) .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > so can we see this and try how its working in majority of chart s> > .THo> > > > now> > > > > > a days world has become so fast than earlier days of max distance> > one> > > > can> > > > > > travel is a horse running time .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > with warm

regrds> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > sunil nair> > > > > >> > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Renuji,> > > > > > > Pt Dhundiraj in jatakbharnam has given the effects of birth on> > > > different> > > > > > > tithis, yogas, karanas besides ritus, ayanas, navamshas,> > nakshatras,> > > > > > etc.> > > > > > > Just to quote an

example, Actress Hema Malini is born in Karna> > > > Taitila> > > > > > and> > > > > > > Dundhiraj says:> > > > > > > "If native is born in Taitila karna, he has a charming and> > delicate> > > > > > body, is> > > > > > > skilled in amorous or pleasure giving sports,> > > > > > > knows the essence of arts, is a successful orator, of good> > character> > > > and> > > > > > > conduct, has clear intellect and playful eyes"> > > > > > > Applies quite well to the personality. Though as with all> > > > astrological> > > > > > > principals, several other conditions should also support> > > > > > > these features in the chart. This was just by way of an example,> >

I> > > > may> > > > > > be> > > > > > > wrong.> > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, renunw renunw@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Would like to know more about this....> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > " But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > have> > > > > > > > been dealt> >

> > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > some> > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > them.........."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > if it is not going to disturb the current discussions in the> > > > forum.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks......> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

<%40>,> > > > > >> > > > > > > > "neelam gupta"> > > > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > > > > > > > > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just> > as> > > > > > > > they do for> > > > > > > > > any muhurat.> > > > > > > > > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and> > we do> > > > > > > > tend to> > > > > > > > > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in> >

Gandant,> > > > > > > > amavasya, etc.> > > > > > > > > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > have> > > > > > > > been dealt> > > > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > some> > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > them.> > > > > > > > > We do need to probe further into these things and a better> > > > picture> > > > > > > > might> > > > > > > > > emerge.> > > > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > >

> > >> > > > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > > > > > > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> > > > > > > > deriving> > > > > > > > > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are> > some> > > > > > > > special> > > > > > > > > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by> > Sunil> > > > ji> > > > > > > > etc for> > > > > > > > > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation> > concerning> > > > > > > > natal chart.> > > > > >

> > > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time;> > such> > > > > > > > as Tithi,> > > > > > > > > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to> > Muhurta> > > > > > > > > > dertermination.> > > > > > > > > > ==>> > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > at> > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > one's> > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > <==> > > > > > > > > > I am yet to hear any

such thing - even though associating> > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > results generally with t he native and especially with the> > > > Moon> > > > > > > > dasa is a> > > > > > > > > > common practice.> > > > > > > > > > A special point to remember is that we might be> > calculating> > > > > > > > Karanas> > > > > > > > > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is> > half> > > > > > > > of Tithi> > > > > > > > > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana> > is> > > > > > > > just half of> > > > > > > > > > Tithi, why should we consider it as

indipendent at all?> > Why> > > > > > > > should we> > > > > > > > > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word> > Purvardha> > > > > > > > of Tithi, and> > > > > > > > > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana> > has a> > > > > > > > constent 6> > > > > > > > > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely> > > > > > > > speaking there is> > > > > > > > > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue?> > What> > > > is> > > > > > > > the idea> > > > > > > > > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes,> > there> > > >

is> > > > > > > > some!> > > > > > > > > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of> > Tithi -> > > > > > > > but it is> > > > > > > > > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the> > tithi'> > > > > > > > and 'night time> > > > > > > > > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent> > > > (such> > > > > > > > as 6 degree)> > > > > > > > > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like> > the> > > > > > > > day and night> > > > > > > > > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana'> > > > > > > > and 'Night time> > >

> > > > > > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e.> > Tithi)!> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think> > that> > > > > > > > the group> > > > > > > > > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana> > > > divisions.> > > > > > > > I dont'> > > > > > > > > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the> > > > > > > > possibilities of Chara> > > > > > > > > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate> > issues> > > > > > > > associated> > > > > > > > > > with their use through out history. So let us

leave this> > > > > > > > subject here, if> > > > > > > > > > not any one is specially interested.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > "renunw"> > > > > > > > <renunw@>> > > > > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on> > 'karana'.> > > > All> > > > > > > > these> > > > > > > > > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > at> > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > one's> > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > > > >

>> > > > > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > -- In > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Karana Names> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > -

Written by Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in> > the 7> > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > > names> > > > > > > > > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 1. Bava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > > > > > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with> > Lion.> > > > > > > > This word> > > > > > > >

> > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> > > > > > > > testacies,> > > > > > > > > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as> > you> > > > could> > > > > > > > > > > expect> > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as> > journey,> > > > > > > > daily> > > > > > > > > > > duties,> > > > > > > > > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing> > > > seeds,> > > > > > > > > > > sexual> > > > > > > > > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship,> > temple> > > > > >

> > > > > creation and> > > > > > > > > > > > so on).> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 2. Balava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > > > > > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do> > with> > > > > > > > leopard.> > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which> > > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl,> > prostitute> > > > > >

> > and so> > > > > > > > > > > on. The> > > > > > > > > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That> > is> > > > why> > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship),> > study> > > > of> > > > > > > > Veda,> > > > > > > > > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds> > of> > > > > > > > Santi> > > > > > > > > > > karma.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > >

> > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has> > nothing> > > > to> > > > > > > > do> > > > > > > > > > > with> > > > > > > > > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word> > Kulapa or> > > > > > > > Kudava.> > > > > > > > > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as> > > > Nazhi> > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > south> > > > > > > > > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional> > family.> > > > > > > > so the>

> > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional> > path,> > > > or> > > > > > > > > > > traditional> > > > > > > > > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud> > > > vessels,> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > Kaulalam> > > > > > > > > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another> > name> > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > people who> > > > > > > > > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of> > worship.> > > > > > > > Also> > > > >

> > > > > > remember> > > > > > > > > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri> > pundits –> > > > > > > > > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of> > siva-> > > > > > > > sakti> > > > > > > > > > > worship).> > > > > > > > > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> > > > > > > > tradition> > > > > > > > > > > and any> > > > > > > > > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all> > Sthira> > > > karma> > > > > > > > > > > (such as> > > > > > > > > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement

or anything which we> > > > want> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > stay for> > > > > > > > > > > > long).> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > > > > > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do> > with> > > > > > > > Donkey.> > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which> > > > means> > > > > > > > >

> > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word> > with> > > > > > > > great> > > > > > > > > > > history.> > > > > > > > > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya> > > > banch'> > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of> > the> > > > > > > > reverence> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or> > > > reward.> > > > > > > > > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular> > English> > > > > > > > word> >

> > > > > > > > > which> > > > > > > > > > > > originated from the same root word – i.e. `Title'.> > Apart> > > > > > > > > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also> > means> > > > > > > > > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a> > > > award,> > > > > > > > > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval> > > > periods> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities> > > > related> > > > > > > > to> > > >

> > > > > > > king,> > > > > > > > > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and> > > > revered> > > > > > > > ones> > > > > > > > > > > and so> > > > > > > > > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power> > and> > > > > > > > > > > authority> > > > > > > > > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well.> > For> > > > > > > > pledge> > > > > > > > > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually> > > > Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > karana is> > > > > > > > > > > > preferred.>

> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 5. Gara> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > > > > > > > > (Elephant).> > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> > Elephant.> > > > > > > > Here the> > > > > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult,> > demanding> > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud> > > >

beauty),> > > > > > > > Gurutva> > > > > > > > > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most> > valuable),> > > > > > > > Gareeyan> > > > > > > > > > > (most> > > > > > > > > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better> > history.> > > > In> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > ancient> > > > > > > > > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > > > > > > > > cattle/horse/elephant> > > > > > > > > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains,> > > > vehicle> > > > > > > > > > >

related and> > > > > > > > > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager.> > Hriha is> > > > a> > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under> > the> > > > > > > > > > > category of> > > > > > > > > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle> > > > shed,> > > > > > > > > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example> > Aswa-gara> > > > > > > > (horse> > > > > > > > > > > shed).> > > > > > > > > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse,

and the place> > to> > > > > > > > land the> > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that> > > > > > > > English> > > > > > > > > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family.> > The> > > > > > > > point to> > > > > > > > > > > note> > > > > > > > > > > > is that it is just due all this that – Gara karana is> > very> > > > > > > > > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it> > be> > > > > > > > related> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural

business and> > so> > > > on.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to> > do> > > > > > > > with Cow.> > > > > > > > > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija'> > or> > > > Pani> > > > > > > > > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember> > the> > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > Vanijya> > > > > > > > >

> > > (business) which too is a related word. The word> > `Pani' or> > > > > > > > > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past> > the> > > > > > > > > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the> > presence of> > > > > > > > this> > > > > > > > > > > word in> > > > > > > > > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) –> > thus> > > > > > > > > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at> > the> > > > > > > > > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > > > > > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business.> >

Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business,> > > > > > > > selling> > > > > > > > > > > plot or> > > > > > > > > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > > > > > > > > same> > > > > > > > > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is> > > > similar> > > > > > > > to a> > > > > > > > > > > dog.>

> > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog.> > Here> > > > the> > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit,> > work> > > > > > > > without> > > > > > > > > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy.> > > > > > > > Vishiti> > > > > > > > > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is> > useless> > > > > > > > Ishti or> > > > > > > > > > > useless> > > > > > > > > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti

means> > > > > > > > `waste'> > > > > > > > > > > > – both words (vishti and waste) originated from the> > same> > > > > > > > root. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or> > good> > > > > > > > deeds and> > > > > > > > > > > also> > > > > > > > > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even> > punya) in> > > > > > > > return.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at> > > > least> > > > > >

> > to> > > > > > > > > > > some> > > > > > > > > > > > one.> > > > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > >

>> > >> >> > > >>

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

dear sreenadh,

My son was born in vishti karana. surprisingly the

attributes of this karana doesnt fit him. He is a self

made person a hard worker and never indulges in

spending his energy on wasteful activities.

his dob is 14-6-1977,10.45pm and place is chennai.

shud we co relate this karana to the planetary

positions to judge the individual.

good wishes,

k.gopu

______________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

http://www./r/hs

Thanks Sreenadh.

I got the message.

Regards

Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog]Friday, January 18, 2008 11:09 PM Subject: Re: Karana Names

Dear Chakraborty ji, If we consider things just for humor sake - PVR - created Jhora software and distributed it for free - Vishti (waste) as far as monetary gains to him is concerned. Sanjay Rath - made a everything a business - Vanija (business) ;=) I cannot comment about the others because I don't know much about them. ;)

Note: Use of Karana names in deriving `some' results is a useful technique for Jataka, Prashna and Muhurta; but DON'T give too much importance to them. :)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Chakraborty, PL" <CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:

RE: Re: Karana Names

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

Your mail on Karana name is highly informative.

Earlier, whenever I used J-Hora, I used to wonder about the use

of 'Karana' names and their significance.

I checked the available charts for matching karana names with

the natives (perceived) characters. There was a very good match

in most of the cases. In some cases, however, there appears to be

some mismatch.

Like,

PVR (author of J-hora) & Swami Jayendra Saraswati- Vishti - .

Pandit Rath / Prof. B. Suryanarayana Rao - Vanija

Anyway, it is a good learning for me.

Thanks and regards

Chakraborty> > > Sreenadh [sreesog]> Friday, January 18, 2008 11:15 AM> > Re: Karana Names> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > I request u to giv the karana names ,the chara (movable )and stira> > (fixed ) in a table for members> I will do that in another mail. > ==>> > How its affecting the employment and residence. Only based on these> > concepts and chart in detail we can unravel later after going tru one> > by one .And i request all members to participate in this discussions.> <== > In my opinian the approch behind Karana names and co-relating it with the> native's nature is simple. The results be "Similar to meaning of Karna> names" :) Some example description is given below. I am giving the other> poplar names of those karana (duty; proper for word) names in bracket for> the people who are not familiar with the original name to understand the> same. > 1) Kausthubha (Kimstukhna/Puzhu) = Kausthubha means sandel, gem or> elephant. Anyway this is a Karna proper for sages and saints; especially> those who follow traditional tantric worship. The nature of the native born> in this karana would be similar to the same. > 2) Bala (Vapa/Simha) = Highly creative; desire filled; able; artistic;> In essence Rajasik - good for kings and worldly individuals with a practical> mind. > 3) Balava (Vadava/puli) = Brahmanic; good for worship and worldly acts;> able.> 4) Kaulava (Varaha/panni) = Traditional jobs; people who follow> traditional jobs and traditional tantric worship; normal society people;> villagers who value tradition. Good for common people. > 5) Taitila (Khara/Kazhuta)= Title; good for awards and rewards; good for> celebrities; good for govt. servant; creative, famous. > 6) Gara (Gaja) = Hard working; technicians; people to who specialize in> different areas of work with needs continuous training and talent. > 7) Vanija (Surabhi/Pasu) = Business men. > 8) Vishti = Useless people - who waste the time, money and energy of> themselves and others. > 9) Sakuni (Pullu) = Sharp mind; interested in speculation; clever;> Politicians. > 10) Chatushpad (Nalkali/Quadruped) = Normal people; vehicle related> jobs. > 11) Naga (Pampu) = Chance for deformed body at birth; Rebels; don't value> society accepted paths - but instead creates their own paths - or follow> traditional tantiric paths not accepted by current society. Angry,> destructive, able. Fire like. > Hope this brief description would be helpful in understanding the people> born in those Karanas.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna .> > > > dear sree nadh ji .> > > > > > > > I request u to giv the karana names ,the chara (movable )and stira> > (fixed ) in a table for memebers to delinate the results of my query to> > the grp In north indian names as i know only the malayalam names .Also> > its easy for those who use softwares like j hora .> > How its affecting the employment and residence .ONly based on these> > concepts and chart in detail we can unravel later after going tru one> > by one .And i request all memebrs to participate in this discussions.> > > > regrds sunil nair.> > > > Om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have been> > > dealt> > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > Good point made. :) I was thinking in similar lines - and also of> > > elaborating the karna results in the group based on the same. Since> > you> > > have mentioned it, I request you to proceed with explaining the same> > to> > > the group and also the quote in Jatakabharana which says Karana> > results> > > will manifest in "the Moon Antara of Sun Dasa". Also note and emphasis> > > the fact that Dundi raja asks us to use "Savana Year" (360 day year)> > to> > > calculate Dasa.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > , "neelam gupta"> > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > > > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > > > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just as they> > do> > > for> > > > any muhurat.> > > > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and we do> > tend> > > to> > > > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in Gandant,> > > amavasya, etc.> > > > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have> > been> > > dealt> > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found some truth> > > in> > > > them.> > > > We do need to probe further into these things and a better picture> > > might> > > > emerge.> > > > Love and regards> > > > Neelam> > > >> > > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> > > deriving> > > > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are some> > special> > > > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by Sunil ji> > etc> > > for> > > > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation concerning natal> > > chart.> > > > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time; such as> > > Tithi,> > > > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to Muhurta> > > > > dertermination.> > > > > ==>> > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> > one's> > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> > ups> > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > <==> > > > > I am yet to hear any such thing - even though associating Karana> > > > > results generally with t he native and especially with the Moon> > dasa> > > is a> > > > > common practice.> > > > > A special point to remember is that we might be calculating> > > Karanas> > > > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is half of> > > Tithi> > > > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana is just> > > half of> > > > > Tithi, why should we consider it as indipendent at all? Why should> > > we> > > > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word Purvardha of> > > Tithi, and> > > > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana has a> > > constent 6> > > > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely speaking> > > there is> > > > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue? What is> > the> > > idea> > > > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes, there is> > > some!> > > > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of Tithi - but> > > it is> > > > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the tithi' and> > > 'night time> > > > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent (such as> > 6> > > degree)> > > > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like the day> > > and night> > > > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana' and 'Night> > > time> > > > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e. Tithi)!> > > > >> > > > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think that the> > > group> > > > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana divisions. I> > > dont'> > > > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the possibilities> > of> > > Chara> > > > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate issues> > > associated> > > > > with their use through out history. So let us leave this subject> > > here, if> > > > > not any one is specially interested.> > > > >> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on 'karana'. All> > > these> > > > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > > > >> > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> > one's> > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> > ups> > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > >> > > > > > blessings> > > > > >> > > > > > Renu> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > -- In , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Karana Names> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > - Written by Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in the 7> > > Karana> > > > > > names> > > > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 1. Bava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with Lion. This> > > word> > > > > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> > testacies,> > > > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as you could> > > > > > expect> > > > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as journey,> > daily> > > > > > duties,> > > > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing seeds,> > > > > > sexual> > > > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship, temple> > > > > > creation and> > > > > > > so on).> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 2. Balava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do with> > > leopard.> > > > > > This> > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which means> > > > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl, prostitute and> > so> > > > > > on. The> > > > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That is why> > > > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship), study of> > > Veda,> > > > > > for> > > > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds of> > Santi> > > > > > karma.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has nothing to> > do> > > > > > with> > > > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word Kulapa or> > > Kudava.> > > > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as Nazhi in> > > > > > south> > > > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional family. so> > > the> > > > > > word> > > > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional path, or> > > > > > traditional> > > > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud vessels,> > and> > > > > > Kaulalam> > > > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another name for> > > > > > people who> > > > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of worship.> > Also> > > > > > remember> > > > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri pundits -> > > > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of siva-sakti> > > > > > worship).> > > > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> > tradition> > > > > > and any> > > > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all Sthira karma> > > > > > (such as> > > > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement or anything which we want to> > > > > > stay for> > > > > > > long).> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> > Donkey.> > > > > > This> > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which means> > > > > > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word with great> > > > > > history.> > > > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya banch'> > of> > > > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of the> > > reverence> > > > > > to> > > > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or reward.> > > > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular English> > word> > > > > > which> > > > > > > originated from the same root word - i.e. `Title'. Apart> > > > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also means> > > > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a award,> > > > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval periods> > to> > > > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities related to> > > > > > king,> > > > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and revered> > ones> > > > > > and so> > > > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power and> > > > > > authority> > > > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well. For> > > pledge> > > > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually Taitila> > > > > > karana is> > > > > > > preferred.> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 5. Gara> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > > > (Elephant).> > > > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with Elephant. Here> > > the> > > > > > root> > > > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult, demanding more> > > > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud beauty),> > > Gurutva> > > > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most valuable),> > > Gareeyan> > > > > > (most> > > > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better history. In> > the> > > > > > ancient> > > > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > > > cattle/horse/elephant> > > > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains, vehicle> > > > > > related and> > > > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager. Hriha is a> > > word> > > > > > that> > > > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under the> > > > > > category of> > > > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle shed,> > > > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example Aswa-gara> > > (horse> > > > > > shed).> > > > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse, and the place to land> > > the> > > > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that English> > > > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family. The point> > > to> > > > > > note> > > > > > > is that it is just due all this that - Gara karana is very> > > > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it be> > > related> > > > > > to> > > > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural business and so on.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to do with> > > Cow.> > > > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija' or Pani> > > > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember the word> > > > > > Vanijya> > > > > > > (business) which too is a related word. The word `Pani' or> > > > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past the> > > > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the presence of> > this> > > > > > word in> > > > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) - thus> > > > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at the> > > > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business. Thus> > > > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business, selling> > > > > > plot or> > > > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > > > >> > > > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > > > same> > > > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is similar to> > a> > > > > > dog.> > > > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog. Here the> > root> > > > > > word> > > > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit, work> > without> > > > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy. Vishiti> > > > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is useless Ishti> > or> > > > > > useless> > > > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti means `waste'> > > > > > > - both words (vishti and waste) originated from the same> > > root. Thus> > > > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or good deeds> > > and> > > > > > also> > > > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even punya) in> > > return.> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at least to> > > > > > some> > > > > > > one.> > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.>

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Dear Kiran ji,

This is why I repeatedly request every one to explore the files

and links section of this group which regularly gets updated. Actually

the link mentioned by you and several other such links are already present in

the links section of this group. Check the "E_Books" folder in links

section; the link is given below.

/links/E_Books_001194431083/

Of course the link you pointed us to is an excellent one. :)

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, Kiran R <kiran.rama wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > here is an excellent link to Sanskrit jyotish ebooks:> http://www.vedamu.org/Vedas/Jyotisa/Vedanga.asp> > Regards> kiran> > Sreenadh sreesog wrote: Dear Neelam ji,> Yes, you got it! In our current context of discussion that sloka is important due to 2 reasons. > * It clearly mentions that 'Savana Year' (360 solar day year) should be used for Dasa calculations. > * It clearly tells us that the Tithi and Karana results manefest in the Antara of moon in Sun's Mahadasha. >

Note: I always wonder - even after using several yearlengths and

Ayansmsa's why I am finding 360 day Savana year & True Ayanamsa of

Chandra hari (that too 46 min more than Lahari and not 44 min more than

Lahari) more suitable and matching with events always!! > Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "neelam gupta" neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > Re: Re: Karana Names > > Dear Sreenathji,> Got it. Here it goes... for the benefit of members...as per Pt Dhundi Raj...>

"...by considering the effects of ayana, vaar, paksh, tithi, karan,

yoga,etc, much knowledge may be gained about the inclination or

tendency of the native, his way of life, economic condition, health,

achievements, longevity, etc. > The time of obtainment of effects of birth in tithi, vaar, karan etc...are thus:> Effects of birth in a particular...> ...Samvatsara (time taken by Jupiter to cross one sign) are obtained in the dasha of lord of sawan year > ...ayana and ritu are obtained in the period of sun> ...month in the dasha of masapati> ...gan, nakshatra and paksh in the dasha of moon> ...tithi and karan in the antar of moon in sun's mahadasha> ...yoga in the dasha of sun or moon whosoever is stronger > ...vaar in the dasha of vaarpati> ...lagan in the dasha of lagan lord> ...house in the dasha of house lord> ...sign in the dasha of sign lord> love and regards> neelam> > On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog wrote: > Dear Neelam ji,> ==>> > However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in Moon's> > antar in Sun's MD"> > I shall be grateful for your kind help.> <==>

I think you will find that sloka in the next section after Karna. That

sloka is after or the same sloka which contains the words "Savana

varshapasya" - possibly the concluding sloka of that section where

Dundi raja speaks about in which dasas the results such as that of

Varsha, Ritu, Masa, Paksha, Tithi, Nakshatra, Karana etc would be

applicable. I am just speaking from memorty, would have to check the

text to find the exact location. But if my memory if ok the above

description would be enough for you to locate the exact sloka - it must

be with in 5 to 10 slokas AFTER the slokas that speaks about Karana

results. > Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > > , "neelam gupta"> > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > Thanks for the treasure trove of information as usual. I am almost> > > getting> > > > hooked on to this forum...> > > > Jugglery I said only in a lighter vain!!! You know how the juggler> > > maneuvers> > > > 12 balls, not letting even one fall or go out of sight.> > > > Quite a mastery that is... the better expression would be as parashara> > > says> > > > uha-poh-patu. That is what I meant.> > > > I'm still trying to learn the basics and the valuable postings from you,> > > > Sreenivasji and other learned members is a boon.> > > > The knowledge and learning of this divine vidya is so vast that the more> > > you> > > > learn, the more inadequate you feel...> > > >> > > > And...as per your earlier posting I am trying to compile a note on> > > Karanas> > > > from Jatakbharnam.> > > > However, I couldn't find the mention of "effect of Karnas are felt in> > > Moon's> > > > antar in Sun's MD"> > > > I shall be grateful for your kind help.> > > > Thanks and regards> > > > neelam> > > >> > > > On 18/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > > ==>> > > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > > nature> > > > > of job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > > yogas) and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature> > > of job> > > > >> > > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > > again!!!!!> > > > > <==> > > > > There is no need of Jugglery provided one understands the basics> > > > > well. The fundamental and trustworthy point in associating Panchanga> > > with> > > > > natal chart is to consider ruler of concerned limb and not its> > > position in> > > > > the natal chart and arrive at a solid conclusion - it is a popular> > > nadi> > > > > methodology as well. The details you can query with Sunil ji - who is> > > a> > > > > nadi mastro as well; means he arrives at conclusions many times based> > > on> > > > > nadi principles.> > > > > As you know -> > > > > 1. Nakshatra - has a lord and you can not the position of the nakshtra> > > > > lord in chart, and provide a related sold derivation. Nakshatra is a> > > > > pointer towards the mind.> > > > > 2. Nitya yoga - is essentially associated with Nakshatras and has a> > > > > lord, and a solid system of result derivation, and you can not the> > > position> > > > > of the nakshtra lord in chart to provide a related solid derivation.> > > > > Nityayoga is also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon - which> > > > > makes it all the more important.> > > > > 3. Tithi - does not have a lord, but Tithi is considered 'the body'.> > > > > Tithi is considered the most important limb among the 5 limbs> > > (Panchanga)> > > > > and as such the we can expect that similar to Nakshatra or better than> > > > > nakshtra the tithi results should match to the native. In arriving at> > > > > deities of for worship etc Tithi is considered with importance, and as> > > such> > > > > definitely you can arrive at many useful derivations based on Tithi -> > > since> > > > > it also a pointer to the proximity of Sun and Moon.> > > > > 4. Vara - Vara has a lord and its position in natal chart is important> > > > > and certainly helps us to reach some defenite derivations. Vara is 24> > > hours> > > > > and Sukshma vara is 1 hour each. That means Sukshma vara is nothing> > > but Kala> > > > > hora - and Vara sputa is nothing but Lagna sputa! I hope, it is not> > > > > necessary to describe the importance of the same. Without any jugglery> > > it> > > > > provides many definite results for sure.> > > > > 5. Karana - Karana is the day and night of the Lunar day (Tithi). It> > > is> > > > > said that 'Karnat Karya siddhichaH' (Karana indicates fullfillment of> > > > > work); or in other words Karana can be considered as a pointer to the> > > type> > > > > of work under taken by an individual.> > > > > Definitely all these are DASA DEPENDENT even though they can be> > > applied> > > > > or expected to be true in a general sense as well. Thus NO JUGGLERY is> > > > > needed but instead all of them helps the learned astrologer to arrive> > > at> > > > > many solid results.> > > > > Note: I am not interested in going into the details of the above> > > > > methods as of now, because these methods are not as fundamental to> > > result> > > > > derivation as 7-fold approach. But my objection is to the statement> > > that -> > > > > jugglery is necessary to derive results using Panchanga; It is NOT SO;> > > *there> > > > > are systematic approaches available to arrive at solid results based> > > on> > > > > Panchanga* as well.> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > > I completely agree with you. We could try and collate some scattered> > > > > > information on these issues.> > > > > > I took an example of a well known person so that all could see the> > > > > > application. Ditto Benazir...> > > > > > Ofcourse all panchang factors must be serving as pointers to> > > particular> > > > > > traits/events,> > > > > > only if we could understand their language!> > > > > > As you rightly mention about sthir and char karanas affecting the> > > nature> > > > > of> > > > > > job and life, we also have sthir and char nakshatras, placement of> > > > > > planets in sthir/char/dual rashis (which give rise to various nabhas> > > > > yogas)> > > > > > and other similar factors that may jointly indicate the nature of> > > job> > > > > > specially if related to lagan and 10H... Here we start the jugglery> > > > > > again!!!!!> > > > > > Regards> > > > > > Neelam> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > On 18/01/2008, sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Hare rama krishna .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > dear neelam gupta ji .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > yes all panchanga we must co relate ( day /thithi /karana /nithya> > > yoga> > > > > > > /nakshatra ) in dasa phala analysis .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > if we take one each we may be misleaded .So charts with dasa> > > pattern> > > > > is> > > > > > > emerging the effect of this influence along with other parameters> > > like> > > > > ritu> > > > > > > .masa and paksha ,even i think Year can influence .As every year> > > world> > > > > is> > > > > > > changing .Many of this technics has been lost or hidden .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Now one thought there is 2 kinds of karana .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > one is known as stira karana and other is known as chara karana .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > its says in books that those who born with stira karanas are more> > > > > likely> > > > > > > to do fixed nature of jobs ,they stay at one place more .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > where as the ppl more chara are more movable .they do different> > > jobs> > > > > and> > > > > > > they do work of moving or transferable nature .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > like u mentioned Hema malini born in taitila karana ( kazhutha> > > karana> > > > > in> > > > > > > malayalam )> > > > > > >> > > > > > > a chara karana ,same is the case of benazir bhutto ( i am just> > > taking> > > > > her> > > > > > > 22st june 1953 as birth year and 8.15 PM as there no need of time> > > > > > > adjustment ) .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > so can we see this and try how its working in majority of chart s> > > .THo> > > > > now> > > > > > > a days world has become so fast than earlier days of max distance> > > one> > > > > can> > > > > > > travel is a horse running time .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > with warm regrds> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sunil nair> > > > > > >> > > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Renuji,> > > > > > > > Pt Dhundiraj in jatakbharnam has given the effects of birth on> > > > > different> > > > > > > > tithis, yogas, karanas besides ritus, ayanas, navamshas,> > > nakshatras,> > > > > > > etc.> > > > > > > > Just to quote an example, Actress Hema Malini is born in Karna> > > > > Taitila> > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > Dundhiraj says:> > > > > > > > "If native is born in Taitila karna, he has a charming and> > > delicate> > > > > > > body, is> > > > > > > > skilled in amorous or pleasure giving sports,> > > > > > > > knows the essence of arts, is a successful orator, of good> > > character> > > > > and> > > > > > > > conduct, has clear intellect and playful eyes"> > > > > > > > Applies quite well to the personality. Though as with all> > > > > astrological> > > > > > > > principals, several other conditions should also support> > > > > > > > these features in the chart. This was just by way of an example,> > > I> > > > > may> > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > wrong.> > > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, renunw renunw@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Would like to know more about this....> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > " But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > > have> > > > > > > > > been dealt> > > > > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > > some> > > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > > them.........."> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > if it is not going to disturb the current discussions in the> > > > > forum.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Thanks......> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > "neelam gupta"> > > > > > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > > > > > > > > > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just> > > as> > > > > > > > > they do for> > > > > > > > > > any muhurat.> > > > > > > > > > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and> > > we do> > > > > > > > > tend to> > > > > > > > > > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in> > > Gandant,> > > > > > > > > amavasya, etc.> > > > > > > > > > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity> > > > > have> > > > > > > > > been dealt> > > > > > > > > > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > > > > > > > > > I have personally applied them to several cases and found> > > some> > > > > > > > > truth in> > > > > > > > > > them.> > > > > > > > > > We do need to probe further into these things and a better> > > > > picture> > > > > > > > > might> > > > > > > > > > emerge.> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards> > > > > > > > > > Neelam> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > > > > > > > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> > > > > > > > > deriving> > > > > > > > > > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are> > > some> > > > > > > > > special> > > > > > > > > > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by> > > Sunil> > > > > ji> > > > > > > > > etc for> > > > > > > > > > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation> > > concerning> > > > > > > > > natal chart.> > > > > > > > > > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time;> > > such> > > > > > > > > as Tithi,> > > > > > > > > > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to> > > Muhurta> > > > > > > > > > > dertermination.> > > > > > > > > > > ==>> > > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > > at> > > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > > <==> > > > > > > > > > > I am yet to hear any such thing - even though associating> > > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > > results generally with t he native and especially with the> > > > > Moon> > > > > > > > > dasa is a> > > > > > > > > > > common practice.> > > > > > > > > > > A special point to remember is that we might be> > > calculating> > > > > > > > > Karanas> > > > > > > > > > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is> > > half> > > > > > > > > of Tithi> > > > > > > > > > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana> > > is> > > > > > > > > just half of> > > > > > > > > > > Tithi, why should we consider it as indipendent at all?> > > Why> > > > > > > > > should we> > > > > > > > > > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word> > > Purvardha> > > > > > > > > of Tithi, and> > > > > > > > > > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana> > > has a> > > > > > > > > constent 6> > > > > > > > > > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely> > > > > > > > > speaking there is> > > > > > > > > > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue?> > > What> > > > > is> > > > > > > > > the idea> > > > > > > > > > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes,> > > there> > > > > is> > > > > > > > > some!> > > > > > > > > > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of> > > Tithi -> > > > > > > > > but it is> > > > > > > > > > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the> > > tithi'> > > > > > > > > and 'night time> > > > > > > > > > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent> > > > > (such> > > > > > > > > as 6 degree)> > > > > > > > > > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like> > > the> > > > > > > > > day and night> > > > > > > > > > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana'> > > > > > > > > and 'Night time> > > > > > > > > > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e.> > > Tithi)!> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think> > > that> > > > > > > > > the group> > > > > > > > > > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana> > > > > divisions.> > > > > > > > > I dont'> > > > > > > > > > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the> > > > > > > > > possibilities of Chara> > > > > > > > > > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate> > > issues> > > > > > > > > associated> > > > > > > > > > > with their use through out history. So let us leave this> > > > > > > > > subject here, if> > > > > > > > > > > not any one is specially interested.> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > > "renunw"> > > > > > > > > <renunw@>> > > > > > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on> > > 'karana'.> > > > > All> > > > > > > > > these> > > > > > > > > > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing> > > at> > > > > > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate> > > > > one's> > > > > > > > > ups> > > > > > > > > > > > and downs in life?> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > blessings> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Renu> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > -- In > > > > > > > <%40>,> > > > > > > > > "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Karana Names> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > - Written by Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in> > > the 7> > > > > > > > > Karana> > > > > > > > > > > > names> > > > > > > > > > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 1. Bava> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > > > > > > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with> > > Lion.> > > > > > > > > This word> > > > > > > > > > > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> > > > > > > > > testacies,> > > > > > > > > > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as> > > you> > > > > could> > > > > > > > > > > > expect> > > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as> > > journey,> > > > > > > > > daily> > > > > > > > > > > > duties,> > > > > > > > > > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing> > > > > seeds,> > > > > > > > > > > > sexual> > > > > > > > > > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship,> > > temple> > > > > > > > > > > > creation and> > > > > > > > > > > > > so on).> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 2. Balava> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > > > > > > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do> > > with> > > > > > > > > leopard.> > > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which> > > > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl,> > > prostitute> > > > > > > > > and so> > > > > > > > > > > > on. The> > > > > > > > > > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That> > > is> > > > > why> > > > > > > > > > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship),> > > study> > > > > of> > > > > > > > > Veda,> > > > > > > > > > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds> > > of> > > > > > > > > Santi> > > > > > > > > > > > karma.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has> > > nothing> > > > > to> > > > > > > > > do> > > > > > > > > > > > with> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word> > > Kulapa or> > > > > > > > > Kudava.> > > > > > > > > > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as> > > > > Nazhi> > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > south> > > > > > > > > > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional> > > family.> > > > > > > > > so the> > > > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional> > > path,> > > > > or> > > > > > > > > > > > traditional> > > > > > > > > > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud> > > > > vessels,> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > > Kaulalam> > > > > > > > > > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another> > > name> > > > > for> > > > > > > > > > > > people who> > > > > > > > > > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of> > > worship.> > > > > > > > > Also> > > > > > > > > > > > remember> > > > > > > > > > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri> > > pundits –> > > > > > > > > > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of> > > siva-> > > > > > > > > sakti> > > > > > > > > > > > worship).> > > > > > > > > > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> > > > > > > > > tradition> > > > > > > > > > > > and any> > > > > > > > > > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all> > > Sthira> > > > > karma> > > > > > > > > > > > (such as> > > > > > > > > > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement or anything which we> > > > > want> > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > stay for> > > > > > > > > > > > > long).> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > > > > > > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do> > > with> > > > > > > > > Donkey.> > > > > > > > > > > > This> > > > > > > > > > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which> > > > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word> > > with> > > > > > > > > great> > > > > > > > > > > > history.> > > > > > > > > > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya> > > > > banch'> > > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of> > > the> > > > > > > > > reverence> > > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or> > > > > reward.> > > > > > > > > > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular> > > English> > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > which> > > > > > > > > > > > > originated from the same root word – i.e. `Title'.> > > Apart> > > > > > > > > > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also> > > means> > > > > > > > > > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a> > > > > award,> > > > > > > > > > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval> > > > > periods> > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities> > > > > related> > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > king,> > > > > > > > > > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and> > > > > revered> > > > > > > > > ones> > > > > > > > > > > > and so> > > > > > > > > > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power> > > and> > > > > > > > > > > > authority> > > > > > > > > > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well.> > > For> > > > > > > > > pledge> > > > > > > > > > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually> > > > > Taitila> > > > > > > > > > > > karana is> > > > > > > > > > > > > preferred.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 5. Gara> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > > > > > > > > > (Elephant).> > > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> > > Elephant.> > > > > > > > > Here the> > > > > > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult,> > > demanding> > > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud> > > > > beauty),> > > > > > > > > Gurutva> > > > > > > > > > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most> > > valuable),> > > > > > > > > Gareeyan> > > > > > > > > > > > (most> > > > > > > > > > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better> > > history.> > > > > In> > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > ancient> > > > > > > > > > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > > > > > > > > > cattle/horse/elephant> > > > > > > > > > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains,> > > > > vehicle> > > > > > > > > > > > related and> > > > > > > > > > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager.> > > Hriha is> > > > > a> > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under> > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > category of> > > > > > > > > > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle> > > > > shed,> > > > > > > > > > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example> > > Aswa-gara> > > > > > > > > (horse> > > > > > > > > > > > shed).> > > > > > > > > > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse, and the place> > > to> > > > > > > > > land the> > > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that> > > > > > > > > English> > > > > > > > > > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family.> > > The> > > > > > > > > point to> > > > > > > > > > > > note> > > > > > > > > > > > > is that it is just due all this that – Gara karana is> > > very> > > > > > > > > > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it> > > be> > > > > > > > > related> > > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural business and> > > so> > > > > on.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > > > > > > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to> > > do> > > > > > > > > with Cow.> > > > > > > > > > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija'> > > or> > > > > Pani> > > > > > > > > > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember> > > the> > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > Vanijya> > > > > > > > > > > > > (business) which too is a related word. The word> > > `Pani' or> > > > > > > > > > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past> > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the> > > presence of> > > > > > > > > this> > > > > > > > > > > > word in> > > > > > > > > > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) –> > > thus> > > > > > > > > > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at> > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > > > > > > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business.> > > Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business,> > > > > > > > > selling> > > > > > > > > > > > plot or> > > > > > > > > > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > > > > > > > > > same> > > > > > > > > > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is> > > > > similar> > > > > > > > > to a> > > > > > > > > > > > dog.> > > > > > > > > > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog.> > > Here> > > > > the> > > > > > > > > root> > > > > > > > > > > > word> > > > > > > > > > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit,> > > work> > > > > > > > > without> > > > > > > > > > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy.> > > > > > > > > Vishiti> > > > > > > > > > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is> > > useless> > > > > > > > > Ishti or> > > > > > > > > > > > useless> > > > > > > > > > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti means> > > > > > > > > `waste'> > > > > > > > > > > > > – both words (vishti and waste) originated from the> > > same> > > > > > > > > root. Thus> > > > > > > > > > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or> > > good> > > > > > > > > deeds and> > > > > > > > > > > > also> > > > > > > > > > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even> > > punya) in> > > > > > > > > return.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at> > > > > least> > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > some> > > > > > > > > > > > > one.> > > > > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > >> >> > > > > > > Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.>

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Namaste Goel ji,

Kindly tell us if the karaka planet is in kendra or in other houses { except in trines}, does it influece the native's horoscope ??

Why only TRINES position is considered ??

Can we conclude it as NEGATIVE if it is placed other than in Trines ??

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:>> Dear Neelam ji ,> In your mail dated Jan 17, you have given some traits in a native based on Taitila Karna as prescribed by Dhundiraj.> These traits act like seed and manifest if karka planet of a trait is placed in angular houses. One is born with a particular trait if its> Karka is placed in trines.> The trats indicated by tithis , Naksnatra etc are also judged in this manner.> Regards,> >  G.K.GOEL> Ph: 09350311433> Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR> NEW DELHI-110 076> INDIA> > > > > neelam gupta neelamgupta07 > Thursday, 17 January, 2008 10:51:40 PM> Re: Re: Karana Names> > > Dear Renuji,> Pt Dhundiraj in jatakbharnam has given the effects of birth on different tithis, yogas, karanas besides ritus, ayanas, navamshas, nakshatras, etc.> Just to quote an example, Actress Hema Malini is born in Karna Taitila and Dundhiraj says:> "If native is born in Taitila karna, he has a charming and delicate body, is skilled in amorous or pleasure giving sports,> knows the essence of arts, is a successful orator, of good character and conduct, has clear intellect and playful eyes"> Applies quite well to the personality. Though as with all astrological principals, several other conditions should also support> these features in the chart. This was just by way of an example, I may be wrong.> Love and regards> Neelam> > > > > > > > On 17/01/2008, renunw renunw (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:> Dear Neelam ji,> > Would like to know more about this....> > " But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have> been dealt> > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > I have personally applied them to several cases and found some> truth in> > them........ .."> > if it is not going to disturb the current discussions in the forum.> > Thanks......> > blessings> > Renu> > ancient_indian_ astrology, "neelam gupta"> <neelamgupta07@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadhji and Renuji,> > Just some thoughts while we are on this topic:> > I guess all panchang parameters do affect the nativity just as> they do for> > any muhurat.> > Not many classics, however, deal with these influences and we do> tend to> > ignore most of such issues except some like birth in Gandant,> amavasya, etc.> > But the effects of panchang factors at birth on the nativity have> been dealt> > with in good measure in Jatakbharnam by Pt Dhundiraj.> > I have personally applied them to several cases and found some> truth in> > them.> > We do need to probe further into these things and a better picture> might> > emerge.> > Love and regards> > Neelam> >> > > On 17/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Renu ji,> > > It is believed that the Panchanga at birth is important in> deriving> > > results related to natal chart as well. Plus there are some> special> > > techniques such as the 'Nitya yogi' techniques used by Sunil ji> etc for> > > correlating Panchangas with the result derivation concerning> natal chart.> > > But the prime importance of Panchanga (5 limbs of time; such> as Tithi,> > > Nakshatra, Nitya yoga, Vara and Karana) is related to Muhurta> > > dertermination.> > > ==>> > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> one's> > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> ups> > > > and downs in life?> > > <==> > > I am yet to hear any such thing - even though associating> Karana> > > results generally with t he native and especially with the Moon> dasa is a> > > common practice.> > > A special point to remember is that we might be calculating> Karanas> > > wrongly right now - Because as per modern books Karana is half> of Tithi> > > (Tithyardham Karnam) - but the question arises - if Karana is> just half of> > > Tithi, why should we consider it as indipendent at all? Why> should we> > > attribute a special limb to it? Mere use of the word Purvardha> of Tithi, and> > > Uttarardha of Tithi must have been sufficient. If Karana has a> constent 6> > > degree span, and is just the half of Tithi, then sinerely> speaking there is> > > no new limb such as Karana at all! So what is the clue? What is> the idea> > > hiding behind? What is the bit of lost knowledge? Yes, there is> some!> > > As per Adharva vedeeya jyotisha, Karana is NOT half of Tithi -> but it is> > > the special name attributed to 'day time part of the tithi'> and 'night time> > > part of the tithi' - means their duration is NOT constent (such> as 6 degree)> > > - and this is what makes Karana an independent limb! Like the> day and night> > > which is associated with 'Solar day', 'Day time karana'> and 'Night time> > > Karana' are the day and night of the 'Lunar day' (i.e. Tithi)!> > >> > > Any way - just sharing the thoughts - but I don't think that> the group> > > is ripe now to discuss such issues related to Karana divisions.> I dont'> > > think that the group is ripe neither to discuss the> possibilities of Chara> > > and Stira karanas in prediction nor about the intricate issues> associated> > > with their use through out history. So let us leave this> subject here, if> > > not any one is specially interested.> > >> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "renunw"> <renunw@>> > > wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > >> > > > Thanks so much for this piece of information on 'karana'. All> these> > > > days did not know the meanings of karana.> > > >> > > > Also does anyone get affected by the 'karana' prevailing at> one's> > > > birth time? Does a particular 'karana' at birth indicate one's> ups> > > > and downs in life?> > > >> > > > blessings> > > >> > > > Renu> > > >> > > >> > > > -- In ancient_indian_ astrology, "Sreenadh"> > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Karana Names> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > - Written by Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > Karana is half of a Tithi. Here we are interested in the 7> Karana> > > > names> > > > > and their meaning. This could be useful to some.> > > > >> > > > > 1. Bava> > > > >> > > > > In south india this is also know as `Simha karnam'> > > > > (Lion). Anyway the word Bava has nothing to do with Lion.> This word> > > > > originated from the Sanskrit word `Vapa', which means> testacies,> > > > > sperm, flush, creativity and so on. So naturally as you could> > > > expect> > > > > this karana is good for all Chara deeds (such as journey,> daily> > > > duties,> > > > > business etc) and also for Stira deeds (such as sawing seeds,> > > > sexual> > > > > intercourse, for putting foundation stone, worship, temple> > > > creation and> > > > > so on).> > > > >> > > > > 2. Balava> > > > >> > > > > In south india this is also known as `Puli karanam'> > > > > (Leopard). Anyway the word Balava has nothing to do with> leopard.> > > > This> > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Vadava', which means> > > > > brahmin lady, female horse (mare), slave girl, prostitute> and so> > > > on. The> > > > > major meaning considered here is `Brahmin lady'. That is why> > > > > this karana is good for Yajna, Homa (fire worship), study of> Veda,> > > > for> > > > > reading epic and puranas etc. It is good for all kinds of> Santi> > > > karma.> > > > >> > > > > 3. Kaulava> > > > >> > > > > In south india this is also known as `Panni> > > > > karanam' (Pig/Swine). Anyway the word Kaulava has nothing to> do> > > > with> > > > > Pig. This word originated from the Sanskrit word Kulapa or> Kudava.> > > > > Kudava is a kind of measurement vessel (also known as Nazhi> in> > > > south> > > > > india). 1 Kudava = 32 Tola. Kula means traditional family.> so the> > > > word> > > > > Kaula can refer to anyone who follows a traditional path, or> > > > traditional> > > > > job. For example Kulala is the one who creates mud vessels,> and> > > > Kaulalam> > > > > is mud vessel. Kaulika is weaver and is also another name for> > > > people who> > > > > follow the traditional Siva-Sakta tantric path of worship.> Also> > > > remember> > > > > the word Kaul, popular especially among Kashmiri pundits â€"> > > > > essentially pointing to Kaulachara (Kaula system of siva-> sakti> > > > worship).> > > > > Thus essentially Kaulava karana is related to family,> tradition> > > > and any> > > > > thing worldly. Thus naturally it is good for all Sthira karma> > > > (such as> > > > > friendship, compromise, agreement or anything which we want> to> > > > stay for> > > > > long).> > > > >> > > > > 4. Taitila> > > > >> > > > > In south india this is also known as Kazhuta karnam> > > > > (Donkey). Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with> Donkey.> > > > This> > > > > word originated from the Sanskrit word `Titir', which means> > > > > getting awards, rewards or respect. Titir is a word with> great> > > > history.> > > > > Remember the sage Titir based on whom the `Taitireeya banch'> of> > > > > vedic knowledge got its name. It could be because of the> reverence> > > > to> > > > > him that the word `Titir' got the meaning respect or reward.> > > > > Titiksha means patience. There is one very popular English> word> > > > which> > > > > originated from the same root word â€" i.e. `Title'. Apart> > > > > from the meaning `heading', the word `Title' also means> > > > > `entitling', giving a special name out of respect as a award,> > > > > reward. Remember the `Sir' title awarded in medieval periods> to> > > > > many, and also the titles `Lord', `Dr' etc. Thus> > > > > naturally Taitila karana is good for all activities related> to> > > > king,> > > > > authority, ornamentation, ornamenting the idols and revered> ones> > > > and so> > > > > on. Of course, to be near the kings or people in power and> > > > authority> > > > > without losing head demands a lot of patience as well. For> pledge> > > > > taking, receiving position, charge taking etc usually Taitila> > > > karana is> > > > > preferred.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > 5. Gara> > > > >> > > > > In south india this is also known as Gaja karana> > > > (Elephant).> > > > > Anyway the word Taitila has nothing to do with Elephant.> Here the> > > > root> > > > > word itself is `Gara' meaning hard, difficult, demanding more> > > > > effort and so on. Remember the words Garima (proud beauty),> Gurutva> > > > > (essence fullness), Garishta (most dense, most valuable),> Gareeyan> > > > (most> > > > > revered, great). Actually this word has a better history. In> the> > > > ancient> > > > > past the jobs that are considered difficult are> > > > cattle/horse/ elephant> > > > > breading, agriculture and rural business of grains, vehicle> > > > related and> > > > > so on; they demand much effort from the villager. Hriha is a> word> > > > that> > > > > points to any type of house. The jobs that comes under the> > > > category of> > > > > difficult jobs and the word `gara' points to is cattle shed,> > > > > horse shed, elephant shed and so on. For example Aswa-gara> (horse> > > > shed).> > > > > The vehicle of ancient period is horse, and the place to> land the> > > > > vehicle is `Garage' as per English language. Note that> English> > > > > is also a language of Indo-European language family. The> point to> > > > note> > > > > is that it is just due all this that â€" Gara karana is very> > > > > auspicious for any hard and difficult jobs, whether it be> related> > > > to> > > > > vehicle, cattle, house, machinery, rural business and so on.> > > > >> > > > > 6. Vanija> > > > >> > > > > In south india this karana is known as `Surabhi> > > > > karanam' (Cow). Anyway the word Vanija has nothing to do> with Cow.> > > > > This word originated from the Sanskrit word `Panija' or Pani> > > > > meaning Phoenician, businessman or market. Remember the word> > > > Vanijya> > > > > (business) which too is a related word. The word `Pani' or> > > > > `Pany' means Phoenician or business (In the vedic past the> > > > > Phoenicians did business with India). Note the presence of> this> > > > word in> > > > > the modern day English word `company' (com-pany) â€" thus> > > > > company essentially means `group business'. Looking at the> > > > > history of this word it is clear that `Vanija' or> > > > > `Panija' is a word essentially related to business. Thus> > > > > naturally this Karana is good for starting a business,> selling> > > > plot or> > > > > building or anything of the like and so on.> > > > >> > > > > 7. Vishti> > > > >> > > > > In south india this karana is known with this self> > > > same> > > > > name, and it is assumed that the shape of Vishti is similar> to a> > > > dog.> > > > > Anyway the word Vishti has nothing to do with dog. Here the> root> > > > word> > > > > itself is `Vishti' meaning effort without benefit, work> without> > > > > payment; in short `wastage' of time, money and energy.> Vishiti> > > > > is Vi-Ishti. Ishti is yaga or work. Vi-Ishti is useless> Ishti or> > > > useless> > > > > work; i.e. work that got wasted. In short vishti means> `waste'> > > > > â€" both words (vishti and waste) originated from the same> root. Thus> > > > > naturally this karana is not good for beneficial or good> deeds and> > > > also> > > > > for deeds for which we expect some benefit (even punya) in> return.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Just some thoughts. Hope that this would be useful at least> to> > > > some> > > > > one.> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >> > > > > > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos./groups/>