IndiaDivine.org

Ujjain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna ,

dear Name is ego ji ,

Varaha mihira and so called ujjaini connection was or can b established by 2 things ,one is he was one of the nava ratnas of king vikramaditya ( whether he is mythical or original and this courtisan s were lived in differnt centuries --if my memeory is correct vararuchi of kerala was also one of the nava ratna s of vikramaditya darbar )

If any body can name them help me -i find this vetala bhatta ( means a mythical figure and says it was spirit of brahmin got cursed and was in that condition for 8000 years and then king vikramaditya with devine help relaeased him --ref --vetala tales )

And another thing is varahamihira system of astrology with lot chakra system was very popular in ujjain school ( may be his gurukula ) till end of 19th century .The famous author of rashtriya panchanga ( i may be wrong on name here) sri hardeo sharma trivedi ji is from this school (gurukula ) >But i heard an un official claim he was also student of some rajastani astologer families ,who publishes this chandu panchanga .I think still popular in that area .

Again i find historians and modern day astronomers says delhi kutub minar is an observatory and it was used by varahmihira or his school and the place is still known as mehruali ( a twisted form of mihira s village ) .

as usual we (indians ) r able to creat a smoke screen here also .

But from varahmihira s text itself -It says he was a sun worshipper( moorthitwe pari kalpitha ---------) and mind it sun worshipping tradition was at it s peak in orissa ( konark temple ) and also it says lot of iranian (persian ) maggies (astrologers --from this word magic originated ) were also assossiated during the construction of this temple (showing interaction between ancient cultures ) .

Regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, "nameisego" <nameisego wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > I think you might have made an error in stating that Ujjain is in > Rajasthan.> > Actually Ujjain is in Madhyapradesh.> > Tatvam-Asi>

Dear Tatvam-Asi ji, Right you said - and thanks for pointing out. My actual intension was a reference to the Malwa region. I have explained the same in my reply to Neelam ji: /message/7724Love and regards,Sreenadh , "nameisego" <nameisego wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > I think you might have made an error in stating that Ujjain is in > Rajasthan.> > Actually Ujjain is in Madhyapradesh.> > Tatvam-Asi>